Who do you want to be the next manager of Manchester United?

5 posters

Go down

Who do you want to be the next manager of Manchester United? Empty Who do you want to be the next manager of Manchester United?

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed May 08, 2013 11:37 am

Honestly, Moyes, Klopp, Mourinho and Ancelotti are some good options.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Who do you want to be the next manager of Manchester United? Empty Re: Who do you want to be the next manager of Manchester United?

Post by AlinJ92 Wed May 08, 2013 1:43 pm

I agree with these names. In my book, the new manager must not be affiliated in any way with Liverpool, City and Chelsea (ok, Mourinho and Ancelotti excepted. You know, take Chelsea out of the equation, they've had a gazillion managers).
1. Ancelotti in my book is a decent tactician, a good one even, but I see him as more of a cheque-book manager (except his early years at Milan), but he has more than earned his stripes and the fact that he had money to spend at Milan in the future it's down mostly to his performances in Europe with Milan, even though domestically they were unimpressive at best. We have to keep in mind also that whether we like it or not, Manchester United doesn't have the amount of money to throw around that PSG has.
2. Mourinho is the obvious choice. Can't stand the guy, but that's a fact. Friends with Sir Alex, similar approach to player-handling (that I-am-larger-than-the-club mentality. I have to add here that, while SAF had already more than 12 years on the United jobs when he started to sack superstars that he thought they couldn't do it anymore for the club or damage morale, Mourinho can't come for a year at Real and then try to kick out Casillas, Ramos and even Valdano, come on!), supreme tactician and the age advantage. The obvious long-term choice, given that United manages to quell down his nomadic instincts.
3. Klopp. In principle I would be ok with it. Subjectively, he would rate lower on my picking order than Mourinho or Ancelotti. Bear with me on this, I will try to explain you why: yes he has built the team that currently plays arguably the most beautiful football in Europe absolutely from scratch, nothing but respect for this, however, he is still unproven at the very highest level (this month is going to be his first test), as well as not managing in other high-profile leagues, or for that matter, in the EPL, while every other name you'll see in my post has done so. Age is also his advantage, being the youngest of all the candidates if I'm not mistaken, so, with the right amont of patience, he is poised to deliver the results, it's just a matter of whether or how well would he adapt to the English league.

I also took the liberty to put some of my own candidates.

4. David Moyes
11 years at Everton, always poking the ribs of the "big" 4 (now 6, apparently). How did he do this? Bargains (except for Fellaini who ended up costing double now than the money paid on him then) and own academy. No trophies? Well, how the hell can you win them when you're constantly selling your best players. Hell, not even Wenger's won anything in the past 8 years. Young, Scottish, with an eye for young players. I sure as hell wouldn't regret it.
5. Arsene Wenger

Just kidding.

Last edited by AlinJ92 on Sun May 12, 2013 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
AlinJ92
AlinJ92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Who do you want to be the next manager of Manchester United? Empty Re: Who do you want to be the next manager of Manchester United?

Post by B-Mac Wed May 08, 2013 2:54 pm

Moyes or Klopp....whoever it is gonna be will be the long term replacement not sacked after 2 oe 3 seasons, those 2 are the ones who will be in for the long haul....

Moyes is the favourite imo, you have to imagine SAF has hand picked whoever it is too already
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by AlinJ92 Wed May 08, 2013 3:18 pm

From the looks of it, it seems more and more that it will be David Moyes.
AlinJ92
AlinJ92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed May 08, 2013 9:39 pm

Looks like it's David Moyes.

I hope he is given the time he deserves, as in seasons not just a season.

Trying to replace the irreplaceable was always going to be difficult.

And as SAF has had a huge part in hiring him, I think then the decision definitely deserves some respect.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu May 09, 2013 4:06 pm

Moyes is confirmed
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Sat May 11, 2013 8:51 pm

I am Happy for Man U and EPL. Looks like EPL next season will be amazing with new managers - Mou, Pelligrini & Moyes. I may hve jumped the gun on Mou, but it's obvious Smile
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down