Di stefano about football equipment in his playing days

+2
rwo power
Nirgall
6 posters

Go down

Di stefano about football equipment in his playing days Empty Di stefano about football equipment in his playing days

Post by Nirgall Sat May 12, 2012 3:53 am

I've heard a couple of people here in this forum saying current football players aren't as good as they seem, they are just made to look better because they don't have the crappy equipment that football players of before had to deal with. It's funny because that same question was made to alfredo di stefano only a couple of days ago.

Buenas D. Alfredo, cree que Messi o Cristiano serían tan buenos en su época con aquellas botas de cuero, balones pesado, cesped menos cuidados y defensas más duros? Un honor dirigirme a usted. Un saludo.

¿Pero quién le contó que en mi época la ropa y las botas eran malas? Yo tenía las mejores botas del mundo, que por cierto me las hacían en Barcelona. La ropa era de categoría. Respecto al césped, también había campos que siempre estaban bien. El que es buen jugador lo es también con el campo seco y embarrado.

Question: Do you think that Messi or Cristiano would have been so good in your time with those leather boots, heavy balls, worst grass and tougher Defenses?

Answer: And who told you boots and cloth in my tiem were bad? I had the best boots in the world, that by the way were made in Barcelona for me. The cloth was quality. And regarding the grass, there were fields in which it was always fine. The good player is also good in a dry and muddy field.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Di stefano about football equipment in his playing days Empty Re: Di stefano about football equipment in his playing days

Post by rwo power Sat May 12, 2012 9:29 am

Nirgall wrote:The good player is also good in a dry and muddy field.
Hm. And why are there so many complaints about bad pitches then? Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Di stefano about football equipment in his playing days Empty Re: Di stefano about football equipment in his playing days

Post by Zealous Sat May 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Di Stefano had the best boots in the world at the time.... lol

He also said this: "If I knew it would all turn into a scoring contest I would have scored more." eco smile
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat May 12, 2012 4:39 pm

Di Stefano , the first true GOAT of football :coffee:
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat May 12, 2012 6:12 pm

Its not that players today arent as good as they seem, but its difficult to say how good they are in relation to older generations because the conditions are so different. Its pretty simple, would you rather play on a potato field, kicking a ball that feels like rock, or on a carpet like pitch, wearing comparatively advanced boots designed to help performance (you can choose between boots that help speed, or control, ect), kicking a lighter ball

we all see how the top teams throw hissyfits whenever their opponents pitch is bad Smile
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sat May 12, 2012 8:48 pm

Di Stefano :bow:

He's thug lyfe man.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down