Chumlum
EL Patron
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
RealGunner
58 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Mon May 13, 2013 2:06 pm

srigooner wrote:Twitter newsfeed? I have no idea what that is called. But I know from his tweets that he watches and roots for Arsenal on a regular/weekly basis.

Think back to the summer when we sold him. He was the club captain and probably faked injury to not be involved in the entire pre-season while sulking in London angling for a move to Barca, while AW defended him by saying it was the first summer he was having off in a while, niggling injury, etc etc. Think back to the corrosive media comments from people who share his DNA and the irrepairable damage it did to the relations between fans of Barcelona and Arsenal - I still can not watch them play or wish them well.

He has behaved remarkably since then and shown he has the class which I personally doubted he had. This is why I wouldn't mind having him back. This class, which others who moved on have not showed. The class which eluded the likes of Nasri, Adebayor and the I-won't-celebrate-charade-Persie.

I dont blame Cesc at all, we have shown no ambition to win trophies and he went there has won like 4 now.

I would take him back and I think even Jack would move to Barcelona if they come calling. When we start showing ambition then our player will stay. Cesc knew we are rebuilding and will challenge in few years time that is why he moved on, and oh yea he had Barcelona DNA.

If Cesc knew we are serous about winning trophies he would have never given up the Arm band of one of the biggest clubs in world.

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Mon May 13, 2013 3:16 pm

Think I'd shed a few tears if Cesc joined Man Utd. Seeing one of our best players leave and play there is bad enough, but another one? Would be too much. Sad

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 13, 2013 3:19 pm

Will never forgive Cesc.

But it won't happen. More chances of Raptor finding himself in a threesome with Lucy Pinder and Hayley McQueen.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon May 13, 2013 3:27 pm

RealGunner wrote:Will never forgive Cesc.

But it won't happen. More chances of Raptor finding himself in a threesome with Lucy Pinder and Hayley McQueen.
Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon May 13, 2013 3:30 pm

Idk, I think there's a chance Cesc would go to United. I think he'd be comfortable playing with RvP again
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon May 13, 2013 3:34 pm

All over Twitter, Higuain is coming to Arsenal. hmm
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon May 13, 2013 3:38 pm

Did a quick search: lots of people saying "reports suggest Higuain will move to Arsenal for 22mil euros on a 5 year deal", but I can't seem to find where that news originated from.

It's most likely bullshit.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 13, 2013 3:43 pm

I would fully support Higuain if he joins, but i really don't want him. Prefer Jovetic. Rather pay 25m for him than 22 for Higuain

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon May 13, 2013 4:14 pm

Seeing it everywhere. I confuzed. Be I excited or ready for disappointment?

Would be very excited to have a lethal striker up front, and a marquee signing at that.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon May 13, 2013 4:34 pm

Story comes from Sport.es:

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/mercado-de-fichajes/higuain-esta-paso-fichar-por-arsenal-2387148

Basically says that he'll move to Arsenal for 22 million euros if we qualify for the Champions League. Otherwise, he could join Spurs.

No idea how reliable they are.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 13, 2013 4:36 pm

That's the same article published on 5th May.

So basically, some other foreign paper translated it and posted as theirs. Arsenal fans on twitter thought this is new and started promoting.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon May 13, 2013 4:44 pm

lol the no cl or im going to spurs stuff is bullshit, we would offer higuine like 2x more wages why would he choose spurs than us even if we dont make cl? we'll make it next season and its not like spurs are going to do anything in the cl anyway.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon May 13, 2013 5:30 pm

REWB wrote:lol the no cl or im going to spurs stuff is bullshit, we would offer higuine like 2x more wages why would he choose spurs than us even if we dont make cl? we'll make it next season and its not like spurs are going to do anything in the cl anyway.
The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 28 BKKKAFWCEAEQ-rg
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon May 13, 2013 6:34 pm

RealGunner wrote:I would fully support Higuain if he joins, but i really don't want him. Prefer Jovetic. Rather pay 25m for him than 22 for Higuain

How about both?

Well in our situation Higuain is exactly what we need but Jovetic is better all round player but isnt Podolski kinda similar to JoJo?

Higgy is a classic goal scorer.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon May 13, 2013 6:46 pm

REWB wrote:lol the no cl or im going to spurs stuff is bullshit, we would offer higuine like 2x more wages why would he choose spurs than us even if we dont make cl? we'll make it next season and its not like spurs are going to do anything in the cl anyway.

They said that about Tottenham last time and you should know what happened by now.

With a top class striker like Higgy, Bale staying, Sandro returning, and perhaps a new LB or creative CM (all of which Tottenham could afford with CL money + other money Levy has laying around), then Tottenham are a real force.

With the right additions this summer, I see Tottenham securing the CL next season, too. Hell if Tottenham had a striker that could score goals (Defoe only scored for 1/3 of a season and missed a lot even then, and Ade doesn't really...score much anymore, bar the last week), then Tottenham would have a CL spot wrapped up this season.

If Arsenal don't make the CL this season and Spurs do, I can see why someone would go to Tottenham rather than Arsenal. I can easily see it.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon May 13, 2013 6:50 pm

If Arsenal had kept RVPrick, we would have had CL qualification wrapped up 2 months ago
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon May 13, 2013 7:08 pm

Sounds plausible to me, who ever gets the final CL spot takes Higgy.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 13, 2013 7:22 pm

It will be a sad day the day Higgy leaves us but the thought of RG going "ElPipitaaaaaaaaaaa, you fcking beauty" when he scores late goals will be nothing short of hilarious

feelssogood.jpg Proud
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by King Meyy Mon May 13, 2013 8:35 pm

No player who has scored over 150 goals in a Real Madrid shirt in 6 seasons starting at 19 and is now only 25 would ever proclaim he would go to spurs especially the current ones....

Besides wages we have a better team with more internationals,more history and ofcourse the big draw as it always has been in our signings:

Arsene Wenger.

King Meyy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon May 13, 2013 8:38 pm

King Meyy wrote:No player who has scored over 150 goals in a Real Madrid shirt in 6 seasons starting at 19 and is now only 25 would ever proclaim he would go to spurs especially the current ones....

Besides wages we have a better team with more internationals,more history and ofcourse the big draw as it always has been in our signings:

Arsene Wenger.

Well said, and plus only when we reject them, they sign with Spurs.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon May 13, 2013 11:24 pm

Wenger coy on reports of Wayne Rooney joining Arsenal - "I'll give you an answer after the Newcastle game." http://bit.ly/19kHa8J

hmm Laughing
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Tue May 14, 2013 12:55 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:Wenger coy on reports of Wayne Rooney joining Arsenal - "I'll give you an answer after the Newcastle game." http://bit.ly/19kHa8J

hmm Laughing

I actually believe Wenger has to make smokescreens when it comes to signings.

As soon as the press get hold of a target, Chelsea just outbid us. I don't think they have scouts. They just use ours.

We certainly won't be buying both Higuian and Rooney. Stan would have a heart attack!

I think the Higuian one is more likely, but of we have to use Rooney a bit...so be it.

Tbh, I think I would prefer Higuian. He's younger and has an excellent strike rate at the very highest level (187 games and 104 goals for Real).

This is one rumour I hope is true.
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue May 14, 2013 1:53 am

I think Arsenal should go for JoJo instead of Higuain tbh
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue May 14, 2013 2:13 am

El Shaarawy wrote:I think Arsenal should go for JoJo instead of Higuain tbh

me too, jojo would help our game so much, he would bring us the fluid football that we have been missing.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
srigooner wrote:Twitter newsfeed? I have no idea what that is called. But I know from his tweets that he watches and roots for Arsenal on a regular/weekly basis.

Think back to the summer when we sold him. He was the club captain and probably faked injury to not be involved in the entire pre-season while sulking in London angling for a move to Barca, while AW defended him by saying it was the first summer he was having off in a while, niggling injury, etc etc. Think back to the corrosive media comments from people who share his DNA and the irrepairable damage it did to the relations between fans of Barcelona and Arsenal - I still can not watch them play or wish them well.

He has behaved remarkably since then and shown he has the class which I personally doubted he had. This is why I wouldn't mind having him back. This class, which others who moved on have not showed. The class which eluded the likes of Nasri, Adebayor and the I-won't-celebrate-charade-Persie.

I dont blame Cesc at all, we have shown no ambition to win trophies and he went there has won like 4 now.

I would take him back and I think even Jack would move to Barcelona if they come calling. When we start showing ambition then our player will stay. Cesc knew we are rebuilding and will challenge in few years time that is why he moved on, and oh yea he had Barcelona DNA.

If Cesc knew we are serous about winning trophies he would have never given up the Arm band of one of the biggest clubs in world.
if that is true.. there should not be any news about him leaving Barca.. Barca still has 8 times better chances of winning trophies than Arsenal.. if so then he must be happy winning trophies from the bench at Barca...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue May 14, 2013 7:55 am

REWB wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:I think Arsenal should go for JoJo instead of Higuain tbh

me too, jojo would help our game so much, he would bring us the fluid football that we have been missing.
me too.. Thumbs up and i trust in Giroud...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next