McAgger
The Nature Boy
dmize
The Franchise
LeSwagg James
33 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 17 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by dmize Wed May 15, 2013 6:58 am

Before the game, Tyson Chandler called out his teammates, not by name but we all know he meant JR and Melo:
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/tyson-chandler-takes-shot-at-knicks-offense-play-as-a-team-not-as-individuals-1.5248820

Melo said they'd talk and work on the issue. JR and Melo proceed to combine for 45 shots and 1 assist. rofl Guess that talk didn't go well.

dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 17 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by izzy Wed May 15, 2013 7:05 am

Chandler was dead on, even though Roy Hibbert gave him the business in Game 3.

JR, just lol. Laughing

But Melo, he is shooting something like 30% from the field in the playoffs. That is just disgusting. Everyone usually says, "Look at what LeBron does etc etc", but if your strongest ability is scoring and you can't even do that right?

My God, it's awful to watch him and JR iso and the rest of the team just stand and watch.

I just don't know what to say. By FAR the most disappointing player this post-season (Blake Griffin as well).

He's an All-Star, but he ain't no Superstar.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed May 15, 2013 7:11 am

Yeah Chandler was definitely right. He was just doing what leaders do. Somebody had to say it.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed May 15, 2013 7:14 am

I'm surprised it wasn't addressed during the Boston series.

Why did it take getting beat down and embarrassed against the Pacers for someone to say something?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu May 16, 2013 2:48 am

Miami closes out Chicago. Nate and Butler had a couple good looks for a 3 to tie but couldn't hit it.

He struggled a bit defensively but Rip Hamilton was 6-12 for 15points, why couldn't they have used him a bit more in games 1-3.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu May 16, 2013 3:01 am

All-Rookie teams were announced yesterday. And they're almost as much of a joke as the All-Defensive team was:

Damian Lillard
Bradley Beal
Dion Waiters
Harrison Barnes
Anthony Davis

Really? Fvckin Dion overWaiters in the 1st team over Andre Drummond. Looks like they just used ppg and went down the list Rolling Eyes . It's a regular season award too, so he should've been ahead of Barnes as well. the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 17 Pacspit at those voters.

https://twitter.com/DRE_DRUMMOND_/status/334404403371077632
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu May 16, 2013 4:01 am

Thunder down 12 at the half. Durants really struggling though, deficit could actually be worse.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu May 16, 2013 2:03 pm

Do you guys think KD and (potentially) Melo deserve to get a pass?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2013 5:23 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Watching Knicks and Pacers atm and Knicks well on top going into last quarter and Anthony has well and truly taken over lol.

I still think Pacers will take the series though, Knicks are far too inconsistent for my liking at their best they take this series but i don't see their best often enough for my liking.

Dom's facebook friends to be disappointed again is my prediction Proud

rofl

Izzy: why would Melo get a pass?

P.S. I don't know why Knicks fans are so shocked...this is what they do best. Just when they get the fans believing in them, they find a way to bottle it up. They are a team that strive on being underdogs...once they have a good seed, they let it get to their heads :facepalm:

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu May 16, 2013 5:31 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Watching Knicks and Pacers atm and Knicks well on top going into last quarter and Anthony has well and truly taken over lol.

I still think Pacers will take the series though, Knicks are far too inconsistent for my liking at their best they take this series but i don't see their best often enough for my liking.

Dom's facebook friends to be disappointed again is my prediction Proud

rofl

Izzy: why would Melo get a pass?

P.S. I don't know why Knicks fans are so shocked...this is what they do best. Just when they get the fans believing in them, they find a way to bottle it up. They are a team that strive on being underdogs...once they have a good seed, they let it get to their heads :facepalm:

You'd be very surprised Dom. The arguement being made for Melo getting a pass is that he had no help, his team is old and all that other nonsense.

LBJ saved their asses by not winning untill last year as he took all the criticism and heat from the media, fans, ex-players etc.

Now that he won, Melo, KD, CP3, Dwight they all better get ready for the criticism. But it still won't be as heavy as the one LBJ got.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2013 5:35 pm

Not winning a ring is understandable for some (you can not do that on your own), but failing to get out of the second round would be inexcusable in my opinion (speaking on Melo).

Durant lost his all star point guard who clearly took a lot of the offensive load off his shoulders and it also made the Thunder way more predictable. While I did not watch the whole series, there were moments when the Thunder did not box out and gave the Grizzles tons of second and third chances to score. Durant showed us how clutch he could be in 4th quarter situations last post season, so I am willing to let him slide.

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu May 16, 2013 5:42 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote:Not winning a ring is understandable for some (you can not do that on your own), but failing to get out of the second round would be inexcusable in my opinion (speaking on Melo).

Durant lost his all star point guard who clearly took a lot of the offensive load off his shoulders and it also made the Thunder way more predictable. While I did not watch the whole series, there were moments when the Thunder did not box out and gave the Grizzles tons of second and third chances to score. Durant showed us how clutch he could be in 4th quarter situations last post season, so I am willing to let him slide.

I agree with you on Melo. (I don't think he is a Superstar)

KD however, I don't know. Westbrook went down and many saw it as KD we finally get his shot to shows us how good he is. Didn't really happen this series against he Grizz. He struggled, a lot. The media love Durant so he'll get the pass imo, but how he went down to the Grizz is very reminiscent of how LBJ went down with the Cavs and we all know what the media did to him.

KD's lucky in my eyes. Next year, he won't be.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2013 5:46 pm

While LeBron didn't have the most talented teams, I do think he had enough to work with (just not enough to win a ring). I think it's a different situation when you lose a player like Westbrook to injury. The offense was predictable and Martin and Ibaka didn't step up when needed (I want to watch how much I say seeing as I didn't watch enough of the series - please correct me if I am wrong.) Just wanted to further explain my point of view.

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu May 16, 2013 5:58 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote:While LeBron didn't have the most talented teams, I do think he had enough to work with (just not enough to win a ring). I think it's a different situation when you lose a player like Westbrook to injury. The offense was predictable and Martin and Ibaka didn't step up when needed (I want to watch how much I say seeing as I didn't watch enough of the series - please correct me if I am wrong.) Just wanted to further explain my point of view.

You're right.
The offence was awful. This is one of the reasons why I think why KD will get a pass. Scott Brooks ran no plays at all and just basically said "Get KD the ball and let him work". That is nonsense. KD isn't the facilitator that LBJ can be so it would be incredibly difficult for him to get others going and run the game with his passing.
The Grizz exposed that. Why Perkins was playing, I have no idea. He offered no offence, allowed Zach Randolph to have his way on offence and defence and basically was just another body clogging the lane. Then you have players like K-Mart who struggled and Thabo and Ibaka who can't create their own shot and KD had huge problems that he couldn't overcome.

This series reminded the NBA world that NO player can truly win by themselves. Performances by the The Dream in the early 90s, AI in 2001 and LBJ in 2007 and huge one offs that were special and people should savor.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu May 16, 2013 6:16 pm

There's nothing to blame KD for.

He has a horrible coach, who insists on just isoing Durant everytime down the floor. How hard is it to draw up a few baseline double screens with Durant off the ball to make things easier for him.

Then Ibaka/Martin/Perkins were disappointing. Martin needs to GTFO. If Scott Brooks actually played rookies all year long, Jeremy Lamb would've been ready to contribute by then. Kendrick Perkins in the playoffs: 24 turnovers, 24 points, 39 fouls, -40 overall when he was on the court. Thunder still have their amnesty right? Use it on Perk.

Scott Brooks coaching profile: won't play rookies, isn't a great defensive coach, can't draw up a good offensive play either, all plays are basically isos. So what exactly does this guy do? He's another VDN, motivator and nothing more.

It's funny how that Perkins/Jeff Green trade worked out. Everyone's first reaction was that OKC won the trade, they got their defensive big, ended up getting to the finals, etc. But now that Perkins is finished.. Boston and Danny won
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu May 16, 2013 6:28 pm

Twitter world went in on Derrick Rose after the Bulls lost:

@SouthsideVic: We asked u to come back and u acted like we called on u to read out loud @drose
Shocked rofl

@2charmss: That fetus I aborted had more fight than you b**** @drose
@SouthsideVic: Air Bud played with worms u hoe ass n****. With worms!!!! @drose
rofl

@jawilliams305: Goku had a heart virus and still fought the androids. You a b**** n**** @drose"

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 17 BKWxKh9CQAEL1mF

lmaoo

Rose is going to be upset when someone finally reads to him what people have been saying :whistle:

edit: one more
the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 17 BKUSOZECYAAh8Db

edit2: Okay this one had me nearly in tears:
the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 17 BJrFy1dCYAAXtws

Last edited by dmize on Thu May 16, 2013 7:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu May 16, 2013 6:34 pm

^^^WOW! Shocked

Those e-mails. rofl
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu May 16, 2013 9:41 pm

Durant and/or Melo don't deserve a pass.. That's ridiculous, ,at least make it to the conference finals Laughing

LeBron never got a pass, so neither should these two
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu May 16, 2013 10:51 pm

^Just wow.

and incorrect:

Durant never won 50/60 games in the regular season without Westbrook only to go on and flop in the playoffs. Which for LBJ happened 4 times, and it was only the 3rd/4th year where the "LeBron can't win" talk started in the media. So yeah he did get a pass at first.

Second, LeBron was 26 the 5th time he lost in the playoffs, Durants only 24.

If there's someone to go in on for not coming through, it's Melo, not KD.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri May 17, 2013 12:17 am

LeBron went out against better teams in '08 '09 and '10 (I use those years because nobody expected much before that).. Still made it further regularly, with a just as bad or worse team than Durant

LeBron went out against the Magic in '09 in his 6th season, he got crucified.. The pressure really started in his 6th season, maybe the season before when he went out against the eventual champs in game 7.. Don't see why Durant should get a pass here since its his 6th season, especially after going out in FIVE games
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri May 17, 2013 1:10 am

Swagg wrote:LeBron went out against better teams in '08 '09 and '10 (I use those years because nobody expected much before that).. Still made it further regularly, with a just as bad or worse team than Durant

LeBron went out against the Magic in '09 in his 6th season, he got crucified.. The pressure really started in his 6th season, maybe the season before when he went out against the eventual champs in game 7.. Don't see why Durant should get a pass here since its his 6th season, especially after going out in FIVE games

First, no he didn't always lose to better teams. That year, 2009, 66-16 Cavs lost to a 59 win Magic team with Dwight Howard, random shooters, and freakin Rafer Alston starting at PG. That's why he got crucified.

And for Durant, the guy who helped him get that record, and get to the Finals last year was injured. You honestly believe that if Westbrook isn't injured the Thunder wouldn't be coming out of the West?

Sure he was disappointing in Memphis series. But I'm willing to give him a pass for a couple reasons: 1. no Westbrook obviously 2. His teammates sucked. Kendrick Perkins had one of the worst playoff performances of all-time(statistically). Serge Ibaka barely showed up, Kevin Martin had, what, one good game. Derek Fisher was like their 2nd best player ffs.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri May 17, 2013 1:25 am

I meant the teams he went out against were better than this Memphis team that took out OKC.. That Magic team was just as good as this Memphis team, and those Celtics teams were better

Kevin Martin and Ibaka are better than any players LeBron had in Cleveland lol

If I don't give a player a pass it doesn't mean I will bash them, I'm just saying he could have played better and could have at least took the series to game 7..

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17, 2013 3:07 am

I think the talent vs talent debate is irrelevant because Lebron had great role players that played their part - shooters that could stretch the floor and a talented big in Ilgauskas. I would also argue that Lebron took a lot of flack because he didn't make the most of his abilities, e.g., not driving it enough and settling for way too many jumpers. While some might have criticized James for not winning a ring, I think that was unfair and unwarranted.

Swagg, you have failed to acknowledge the Westbrook situation and as per usual, you are showing how your knowledge seems limited to Lebron James. Your case is that LeBron was expected to win a ring, so the same should be expected of Durant or Melo (he does not deserve any kind of pass for this post season). Back to the Martin and Ibaka thing - I don't care if those two possess more talent, they sure didn't play like it. Last season Durant had Harden as well, so it's clear to me the Thunder very depleted (I don't think James ever lost so much talent in one season).

Also, as dmize mentioned, Scotty Brooks proved to be quite clueless. I also shall bring up the fact that the Thunder failed to play with heart at the end of some of those final games - giving up 2-3 offensive rebounds in one possession is inexcusable. One player simply can not lead a team to victory in a 7 game series.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri May 17, 2013 3:38 am

I know Westbroook is a big part of the team, I'm not expecting Durant to win a ring without him... I don't even think they would win it with him

I'm just saying for a player who is supposed to be 2nd best in the league (some people actually think he is the best), more is expected out of him than a 5 game loss in round 2

Martin and Ibaka didn't play up to par in this series, but neither did LeBron's team-mates in Cleveland.. They didn't do shit when it mattered
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri May 17, 2013 7:59 am

Oh wow look, Mike woodson finally adjusts to everything all the fans have been yelling about,

bench kidd. Play prigioni and copeland a lot more, STOP DOUBLE TEAMING EVERY PLAY IN THE POST, leaving three point shooters wide open EVERY possession and playing hibbert like he is ****ing in prime Shaq.

Finally game five he does this and it turns into a double digit victory. If he wasn't so stubborn wouldn't be down 3-1 ffs.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 17, 2013 1:03 pm

Comparing Melo and KD situation to Lebron lol

The desperation smh

How are OKC meant to beat the Grizzlies when they are the best defensive team in the league and due to injury have more offensive weapons?

Melo isn't as good as Lebron was meant to br in the first place. Soft stuff.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next