Onyx
juventus101
29 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Top 5 Best Wingers - Page 5 Empty Re: Top 5 Best Wingers

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:29 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Trying to disprove the fact Ronaldo isn't a winger when it clearly states in every single one of his post match average position graphics he plays central with the fullback providing width Laughing

Really couldn't make it up Laughing

Heat maps provide much more info then just his "average position"..

When you look at the heat map vs munich for instance he is on the wing the whole time..

He spends most of his time in central areas i don't care if he moves to the wing.... most of the time he positions himself in central positions thus he can't be a winger.

Before anyone says it nor can Di Maria really i mean he practically plays CM for Argentina for gods sake.

Have you not been claiming about lack of width all season? if Di Maria and Ronaldo are wingers then how can this be ? Shocked

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:29 pm

Holy hell man.

He scores all his goals from the center, everything of any production comes from the center.....

Whichever way you want to slice it, he is doing what he does in the middle.

How do you score goals from the wing?

He isnt creating for anyone else, from the middle, wing wherever..so what is he doing from the wing?

Nothing is the answer.

If there is a counter attack and there is space on the wing....obviously he is going to go there..that doesnt make you a winger.....every player, winger, fullback, center mid, centerforward, whatever...if it is a counter attack and there is space there, that is where they are going.

Isolated moments like those do not trump game after game after game.

You use your Sevilla game, I can use the Barca game where he wins a pen vs Pique on the right side of the box..is he stil a leftwinger receving the ball there?

No of course not, he just ran where the space dictated him.

Why do I have to say this stuff, its so frecking obvious.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:32 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Trying to disprove the fact Ronaldo isn't a winger when it clearly states in every single one of his post match average position graphics he plays central with the fullback providing width Laughing

Really couldn't make it up Laughing

Heat maps provide much more info then just his "average position"..

When you look at the heat map vs munich for instance he is on the wing the whole time..

He spends most of his time in central areas i don't care if he moves to the wing.... most of the time he positions himself in central positions thus he can't be a winger.

Before anyone says it nor can Di Maria really i mean he practically plays CM for Argentina for gods sake.

Have you not been claiming about lack of width all season? if Di Maria and Ronaldo are wingers then how can this be ? Shocked
Top 5 Best Wingers - Page 5 DiMaHeatMap
vs man u
Top 5 Best Wingers - Page 5 Heat_m10
vs czech in euros

again, heat maps show more then average position.

The lack of width is
1. marcelo injured
2. crapbeloa

FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:32 pm

So when Marcelo and ronaldo play at the same time they play both in the same position? (Left wing?)
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:37 pm

The Franchise wrote:Holy hell man.

He scores all his goals from the center, everything of any production comes from the center.....

He isnt creating for anyone else, from the middle, wing wherever..so what is he doing from the wing?

Nothing is the answer.

If there is a counter attack and there is space on the wing....obviously he is going to go there..that doesnt make you a winger.....every player, winger, fullback, center mid, centerforward, whatever...if it is a counter attack and there is space there, that is where they are going.

You use your Sevilla game, I can use the Barca game where he wins a pen vs Pique on the right side of the box..is he stil a leftwinger receving the ball there?

He doesn't create from the wing? Laughing

He is no xavi but he usually puts in a decent cross or does something with it there

In fact the first scene in that video is ronaldo playing a killer pass..

EXACTLY my point. a right winger or a left winger DOES NOT HAVE TO STICK TO HIS SIDE
Sure he doesn't have typical qualities of an out-and-out winger, but to say he isn't one is just stupid.

Those isolated moments were ALL of his touches..

Plus, almost none of those touches were during a counter attack Laughing watch the videos at least

You also contradict yourself referring to that penalty. If so what about ronaldos goal where he did a stepover vs pique and cut to the left and shot?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:38 pm

The Nature Boy wrote:So when Marcelo and ronaldo play at the same time they play both in the same position? (Left wing?)
Exactly :facepalm:

But I guess that logic is ok on GL
Plus I guess its completely ok to ignore my heatmaps but use mole's average position maps like they were sent from jesus

Last edited by Giggity5313 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:38 pm

But if Ronaldo was a winger.... surely Marcelo injured wouldn't be a problem?

Surely he can provide said width if he's the winger you claim him to be?

Maybe its because he isn't and your fullbacks provide your width?

Also heat maps say nothing because Ronaldo has a free role and goes where the f*ck he likes his average position is more telling and he hasn't been a winger for years.

You can't hide from the facts he's basically next to Benzema/Higuain in every single game.

Another thing if he was a winger then Benzema and Higuian would score more goals him occupying their space is directly effecting their goalscoring potential.

I suppose you would call Bale a winger too yes hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:42 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
The Nature Boy wrote:So when Marcelo and ronaldo play at the same time they play both in the same position? (Left wing?)

Plus I guess its completely ok to ignore my heatmaps but use mole's average position maps like they were sent from jesus

Laughing

You realise his post is disagreeing with what your saying right?

How can Cristiano be on the wing as you say if Marcelo is too?

Its not possible, someone isnt there...that would be Cristiano.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:43 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:But if Ronaldo was a winger.... surely Marcelo injured wouldn't be a problem?

Also heat maps say nothing because Ronaldo has a free role and goes where the f*ck he likes his average position is more telling and he hasn't been a winger for years.

You can't hide from the facts he's basically next to Benzema/Higuain in every single game.

Another thing if he was a winger then Benzema and Higuian would score more goals him occupying their space is directly effecting their goalscoring potential.

Yes it would.. modern football calls for the full backs to provide width in EVERY team.

in this generation of football, one man on each wing (depending on the side they are going down) is simply not enough for most teams

The benzema/higuain situation has nothing to do with cristiano. That's ridiculous to blame ronaldo for their shortcomings. They have
1.missed countless sitters
2. been rotated mercilessly
3. have been out of confidence and form
A heat map is much, much more telling then average position. There's much more you can take from a heat map then a simple average position chart

Yes, bale is a winger.. how is he suddenly not a winger just because he can play in a central role?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:44 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:

Nothing is the answer.

He is no xavi but he usually puts in a decent cross or does something with it there

EXACTLY my point. a right winger or a left winger DOES NOT HAVE TO STICK TO HIS SIDE
Sure he doesn't have typical qualities of an out-and-out winger, but to say he isn't one is just stupid.

Plus, almost none of those touches were during a counter attack Laughing watch the videos at least

You also contradict yourself referring to that penalty. If so what about ronaldos goal where he did a stepover vs pique and cut to the left and shot?

Decent cross and yet no assists...please stop. He does nothing of production from the flank.

And no its not your point, you dont even understand the point..clearly...You 60% of the ball in games and not every counter attack is Cristiano on the left...so obviously, more often, Cristiano is not on the left......
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:44 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:

Laughing

So what you are saying is its impossible for opposing fullbacks to overlap is there is a winger playing?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:46 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:

Laughing

So what you are saying is its impossible for opposing fullbacks to overlap is there is a winger playing?

How can Marcelo overlap if Cristiano is on the flank?

For Marcelo to overlap, Cristiano would have to be in a different position..ideally in the center, thus giving Marcelo space to do so....

And you play football.....for god sake
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:47 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:

Nothing is the answer.

Decent cross and yet no assists...please stop. He does nothing of production from the flank.

And no its not your point, you dont even understand the point..clearly...You 60% of the ball in games and not every counter attack is Cristiano on the left...so obviously, more often, Cristiano is not on the left......
He has 6 assists this season
15 last season, 4th most in la liga last season

navas has 4 assists this season

I guess navas isn't a winger?

I do not get what you mean by your first sentence. Please elaborate

Last edited by Giggity5313 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:49 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Laughing

For Marcelo to overlap, Cristiano would have to be in a different position..ideally in the center, thus giving Marcelo space to do so....

Do you think people play football on a hockey rink?

Of course there is enough room for marcelo to overlap. if ronaldo drags the full back about 3-7m from the touch line, I would think marcelo would have enough room to run
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:50 pm

Yes assists are the only way to measure where someone plays.

Lets not take into account teammates, team, games played and everything else of any importance...genuis...

Cristiano doesnt provide much of anything from wide areas, if you cant agree on that there is no hope.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:52 pm

The Franchise wrote:Yes assists are the only way to measure where someone plays.

Lets not take into account teammates, team, games played and everything else of any importance...genuis...

Cristiano doesnt provide much of anything from wide areas, if you cant agree on that there is no hope.

You just used assists to judge ronaldo as a winger
But now its other stuff?

I proved in those two youtube posts that cristiano indeed does provide decent width and crossing.

No hope? how about we agree to disagree, although my point has been proven more then enough? Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean there is "no hope"
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:56 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Laughing

Of course there is enough room for marcelo to overlap. if ronaldo drags the full back about 3-7m from the touch line, I would think marcelo would have enough room to run

3-7 meters...you think, Marcelo can stand 3-7m from Cristiano on a consistent basis and get down the outside?

Superb idea.

73m wide pitch at th Bernabeu and you think two players can and do play in a space 3-7m apart.

Superb.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:58 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Yes assists are the only way to measure where someone plays.

But now its other stuff?

I proved in those two youtube posts that cristiano indeed does provide decent width and crossing.

No hope? how about we agree to disagree, although my point has been proven more then enough? Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean there is "no hope"

No, I used assists to make your claim that he puts in great crosses look totally foolish.

Great crosses and yet no assists...sure buddy.

And no, there is no hope, because you are disputing facts. That is not agreeing and disagreeing.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:59 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

3-7 meters...you think, Marcelo can stand 3-7m from Cristiano on a consistent basis and get down the outside?

Superb idea.

73m wide pitch at th Bernabeu and you think two players can and do play in a space 3-7m apart.

Superb.

That was just one example. marcelo can go up and overlap.

its not always like this of course.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:59 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:But if Ronaldo was a winger.... surely Marcelo injured wouldn't be a problem?

Where he goes/roams to isn't his position.

Heatmaps show Dani Alves at RW, is he a RW?

The heatmap vs Man Utd for Ronaldo, who is in the LW area:

Top 5 Best Wingers - Page 5 Mwfiwi

Being a winger isn't just playing an inch from the touchline.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:00 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:

But now its other stuff?

No, I used assists to make your claim that he puts in great crosses look totally foolish.

Great crosses and yet no assists...sure buddy.

And no, there is no hope, because you are disputing facts. That is not agreeing and disagreeing.

I just showed you the assists that he has. no assists =/= what he actually has.

I mean, if making up facts is what you think is right, well I guess go for it.

I'll talk more later. I have homework
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:01 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:

Laughing

Very Happy

The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:05 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:

Where he goes/roams to isn't his position.

Heatmaps show Dani Alves at RW, is he a RW?

The heatmap vs Man Utd for Ronaldo, who is in the LW area:

Top 5 Best Wingers - Page 5 Mwfiwi

Being a winger isn't just playing an inch from the touchline.

No, but the average position shows Dani Alves as a fullback...so yeah, hes a fullback.

That average positon vs Man Utd, hes not in the left wing area....clearly...

Bring a winger doesnt mean being an inch from the touchline..makes more sense than playing on the edge of the box.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:17 pm

I agree Ronaldo isn't a traditional winger who hugs the touchline. However as I said before, his role is to score goals and that means he'll be trying to get into goalscoring positions. From the past few seasons, I'm sure Ronaldo's average positions/heatmaps/etc will show his position is mainly towards the left.

His goalscoring role means he can roam around. He doesn't have to be a 'traditional winger' in order to be called a 'winger', since wingers can have different roles and all the other stuff I've said before etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:28 pm

The way Jordi Alba attacks is the way a traditional winger plays. Watch him to see what a winger looks like

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:44 am

Downing
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team