Uefa & Racist chants in European football

2 posters

Go down

Uefa & Racist chants in European football Empty Uefa & Racist chants in European football

Post by Cotes Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:20 pm

Now...before anything, I just wanna say I'm of African descent, so you really must understand where I'm coming from.
Yes I am against racism and don't want it in the football, but I think some people overreact sometimes.

The governing body of football always want to make a statement against racism in football, so recently, we see where teams have gotten fined or Lazio being force to play in an empty stadium.
Lazio was fined because their fan racist chants towards Gladbach over two legs. Now, the majority of Gladbach's starting 11 are German players. How much black or Asian players you guys know in Gladbach's squad? I only know Mlapa, who is a German player of African descent & I don't think he even played vs Lazio (correct me if I'm wrong).
On the flip of that same coin, Lazio had Ciani, Konko, Diakité, Onazi and newly added Saha that are all black players.
SO let me get this right, Lazio was fined for racist chants, towards their own players?
Make sense to you? cause it doesn't to me.

It is a known fact, that "good" players are always gonna come under more pressure from the opposition's fans because they know the trouble they can cause. So in Europe, say an Eto'o, Defoe, Adebayor, Drogba or any other black player you wanna think of, how can European people chant to get on their nerves without be seen as racist?
Me personally, If I EVER attend a Juve vs Milan, and Balotelli(one of my fav. players right now) touch the ball, I'm gonna be screaming & jeering him to get on his nerve, especially since I know he has such a short temper, just to get him off his game. That doesn't make me racist, I'm just aware of the ability he has and wanna help my team out by getting him of his game.

I know there are racist people out there, but I'm not convince everytime when players get jeered it's because of their race. My question is this:
HOW CAN EUROPEAN/WHITE PEOPLE CHANT AGAINST BLACK PLAYERS & NOT SEEMED RACIST IN FOOTBALL?

Last edited by Cotes on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Uefa & Racist chants in European football Empty Re: Uefa & Racist chants in European football

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:23 pm

I don't think anyone thinks booing, chanting etc is racism.

Racism is when racist things are chanted etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Uefa & Racist chants in European football Empty Re: Uefa & Racist chants in European football

Post by Cotes Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:25 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:I don't think anyone thinks booing, chanting etc is racism.

Racism is when racist things are chanted etc.

who were Lazio's fans chanting against?
I pointed that incident out for a reason...
If they is no African's or Asians on the pitch for Gladbach, who were they chanting against?
The South Americans? When they have González, Hernanes & Ederson on their team?

Last edited by Cotes on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:25 pm

Didn't watch the match, what did they chant?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:29 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Didn't watch the match, what did they chant?

I watched both matches & I have no idea...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down