azzurres
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
Giggslegend
26 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The ManUtd Transfer Thread Empty The ManUtd Transfer Thread

Post by Giggslegend Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:54 am

ok fellas, SAF promised a busy summer of transfers. Who do you think will ultimately join?

we are linked with DeGea, Sneijder, Modric, Bale, Sanchez, Neymar, Hazard and Nasri.

DeGea seems like a pretty done deal though. My dream signing would be Sneijder and Sanchez
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

The ManUtd Transfer Thread Empty Re: The ManUtd Transfer Thread

Post by MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:13 am

Well I'd say either Modric, Rodwell, Cattermole (poor season though) or Henderson to replace Scholes. Other than that, all I can see need filling are maybe a couple backup defenders and maybe there's an opening in the RW spot. Valenica is very good, I agree, but not great so maybe that's where I'd target.
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by azzurres Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:07 am

Seems like a Sneijder deal is close:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/sports-breakfast/blog/2011-06-06/van-der-kraan-sneijder-wants-move-manchester-united?

Rumours as always, though this one seems a bit more legit than the rest.
azzurres
azzurres
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:58 am

i'd love to have sneijder at united, i just dunno how he'd fit into our system. same as Nasri, would be a quality signing but united doesn't play the way that suits him. Sanchez would be a good buy, but have a feeling city will get him.
Rodwell is one for the future, his season hampered by injury and didn't really have the chance to shine.
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris2 Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:22 am

If we are able to sign De Gea, Nasri and Sneijder/Modrid I think I will cry. They are all top talents who would clearly improve our chances of winning something next year. Saying that I can't see us buying all three but hey i'd be happy with one of them Smile
Chris2
Chris2
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by azzurres Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:37 am

DagenhamDave wrote:i'd love to have sneijder at united, i just dunno how he'd fit into our system. same as Nasri, would be a quality signing but united doesn't play the way that suits him. Sanchez would be a good buy, but have a feeling city will get him.
Rodwell is one for the future, his season hampered by injury and didn't really have the chance to shine.

I am in the same mood as you. As much as I would love a big name signing I am not sure where he would fit.

I have been thinking about it and the only way I can see it would be something like the "No Striker" formation that SAF used with Tevez Rooney and CR7 all alternating on the pitch.

In this case, we will have Rooney and Sneijder constantly permuting which would allow us to use both players' attacking prowess, and the power Rooney brings to the midfield.

The only player we really need is Modric, but if you can throw me a Hazard in there, I would pop the champagne.
azzurres
azzurres
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:40 am

De Gea is as good as done, I think we will buy Ashley Young...He said he wants to test himself in the CL, so that makes us favourites to land him instead of Liverpool.

Our last signing will be between either Modric or Sneijder. I personally think Modric would adapt naturally to our team as he can play in a 4-4-2 formation and would fit in instantly along side Carrick + He has experience and proven ability of EPL football.

Sneijder would be a great signing too.

Who I think we will sign: De Gea, Ashley Young and Modric.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:48 am

i get to see a lot of Modric as one of my best friends is a yiddo and to be honest i think he could be another carrick. he has undoubted quality but he goes missing far too much in important games, gives possesion away. on the other hand i think he is a natural replacement for pinpoint paul in a few years maybe as good as scholes was it remains to be seen.
I really do not like ashley Young. been watching him for a few years now and i really do not believe he is United standard, and do we really need another winger.
De gea is a deal that i am excited about, hope he starts turning in quality performances straight away although those are some mighty big gloves that he needs to fill.
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:02 am

DagenhamDave wrote:i get to see a lot of Modric as one of my best friends is a yiddo and to be honest i think he could be another carrick. he has undoubted quality but he goes missing far too much in important games, gives possesion away. on the other hand i think he is a natural replacement for pinpoint paul in a few years maybe as good as scholes was it remains to be seen.
I really do not like ashley Young. been watching him for a few years now and i really do not believe he is United standard, and do we really need another winger.
De gea is a deal that i am excited about, hope he starts turning in quality performances straight away although those are some mighty big gloves that he needs to fill.

I think under a good team, he will flourish...I really do. The last 3 big games for Spurs- City, Chelsea and LFC, he was outstanding and their star player. He is exactly what we need and is the only top quality CM who is proven in the prem that we have a good chance of getting. He can control the MF, has great vision, can spray wonderful passes....only thing missing is goals. For me, he is more of a suitable signing than Sneijder.

Thing with Ashley Young is that he can not only play on the wings but in an AMF position too, so he can give us options if things are not going too well in a game. I'm not too fussed about him too tbh, but I wouldn't mind if we signed him.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:34 am

we also are supposed to be in for Raphael Varane. could this mean johnny evans time is up?
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:06 pm

DagenhamDave wrote:we also are supposed to be in for Raphael Varane. could this mean johnny evans time is up?

I would not be to sad if we parted with evans.. He can still be an O´shea or Brown for us though...
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:39 pm

hey giggs i send u a pm regarding something

The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:35 pm

Ashley Young is gonna sign for United within the next 48 hours according to R.O.M. They are always spot on too.

De Gea, Young done.........now Modric and we're sorted for next season.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:33 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:Ashley Young is gonna sign for United within the next 48 hours according to R.O.M. They are always spot on too.

De Gea, Young done.........now Modric and we're sorted for next season.

I like Young as a player, but do we really need him?

Isnt Nani and Valencia enough on the wing part? Not to mention we have the likes of bebe(lol) and obertan aswell...
I know he is capeable of playing as some sort of AM...Still I would fancy Modric in that playmaking role rather than a converted winger...
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by azzurres Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:56 pm

I am not fond of Young coming too, he's good but Nani has been benched since Valencia came back, and now there is someone else to play on the wings ?

I would hate for Nani to leave because of this, unless Young comes up with 3 seasons in a row as PFA player of the year, which I doubt.

azzurres
azzurres
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:14 pm

the way I see it is we are gonna bed him in in his first season, and once he gets adapted and hopefully has an effective season, he will be Giggs' successor once our legend retires next season.

Saves us a headache for looking for potential wingers who are more than likely be signed by other clubs this summer, ie sanchez etc.

We are getting him for possibly 15 mill (that's what I reckon anyways) I think 20 mill is fabricated news.

It will ease the burden we have on Giggs too, plus we will have 4 genuine wingers now. Giggs, val, nani and Young. Plus, young can play on the left like a natural + as a SS.

We get Modric now and we are set. imo atleast.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:48 pm

Not too fond of Ashley Young either. If we get anyone from Villa, I'd like it to be Albrighton.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:49 pm

United are signing one of Lens CBs for 10M.

and interesting in Jones too if that deal falls through

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:39 am

thats raphael varane from lens
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:08 am

Phil Jones is having his medical at United atm. I am absolutely happy with this signing. He is the future England CB and is the new John Terry imo. Brilliant defender.

We have ready made replacements for Rio and Vidic now....and they are gonna be the future England CB's too.

This could mean that Evans or Wes Brown (Most likely the latter) will most likely be sold this summer.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by azzurres Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:33 am

Devil-Is-Red wrote:Phil Jones is having his medical at United atm. I am absolutely happy with this signing. He is the future England CB and is the new John Terry imo. Brilliant defender.

We have ready made replacements for Rio and Vidic now....and they are gonna be the future England CB's too.

This could mean that Evans or Wes Brown (Most likely the latter) will most likely be sold this summer.

I am absolutely delighted with this signing, Phil Jones was so imperious against United, we could not allow a young promise like him go to Chelsea or Liverpool.

Rafael - Smalling - Jones - Fabio

My my, this is not too shabby, not too shabby at all 🤡
azzurres
azzurres
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:41 am

Phill Jones can also play DM too. Cool
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:43 am

Check at how great he was against United. I remember watching this and thinking...wow what a frigging young defender that is.

And yep, he is also a DM. Delighted with this signing. News coming through that the deal was 13 + diouf.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:31 pm

The ManUtd Transfer Thread _53312724_jones

Blackburn defender Phil Jones is set to join Manchester United in a deal worth up to £17m.

The England Under-21 centre-half is having a medical with the Premier League champions, after turning down offers from Arsenal and Liverpool.

Jones only made his Premier League debut in March last year but has made a big impact in his first full season.

The 19-year-old was due to travel to Denmark with the under-21s on Wednesday for the European Championship.

Jones will not find it easy to disrupt United's first-choice centre-back pairing of Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic, while Chris Smalling and Jonny Evans are also competing for places at the heart of Sir Alex Ferguson's defence.

But he impressed as Blackburn ended their season with a four-game unbeaten run, which included a 1-1 draw with United and wins over Bolton and Wolves, to ensure their Premier League survival.

Jones, who was born in Preston, joined Blackburn's youth set-up in 2002, making his debut in a Carling Cup win at Nottingham Forest in September 2009. His first Premier League appearance came six months later in a 1-1 draw with Chelsea at Ewood Park.

United striker Wayne Rooney reacted to the news by writing on Twitter: "Phil Jones is a good young English player. One of the toughest defenders I played against last season. Can play midfield too."

He added: "I don't know if Phil Jones is signing for us, just saying he is a good player that's all. I haven't got a clue if he is signing or not."

Cool Cool Cool
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:58 pm

2 signings down, one to go. Do you guys think we will sign more than the original 3 signings that been had said, with the retirement of Scholes and Hargreaves leaving which might of not been anticipated? I think we should stick to one more, and promote youth players if we lack anymore depth.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next