CBarca
Donuts
BarcaKizz
61 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours - Page 35 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:42 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Oh, and Guardiola for bringing Cesc, which was an unnecessary signing that cost us the 2012 title and pushed Thiago to the fringes.

100% on the money Alfred. I must have said that a hundred times by now.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:45 pm

Kick wrote:
De Gea knew Thiago would sign for Chelsea and he also knew Chelsea would play United in Manchester on match day 2, that is why he wrote that.

I can confirm

I am Chelsea.

The unkindest cut that Thiago can make on a Barcelona fan is joining Real Madrid. A close second is joining Jose Mourinho. If he has to leave then at least not to one of those two places.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:50 pm

I say let us try offering Thiago big money. Money often works like a charm in football. If we can get that release clause to where it should be then the battle has been won if not the war.

Essentially if we can keep one Thiago and purchase the other we could become unstoppable once again - maybe even better than Bayern Munich. It sounds like a pipe dream at the moment though.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:56 pm

messixaviesta wrote:I say let us try offering Thiago big money. Money often works like a charm in football. If we can get that release clause to where it should be then the battle has been won if not the war.

Essentially if we can keep one Thiago and purchase the other we could become unstoppable once again - maybe even better than Bayern Munich. It sounds like a pipe dream at the moment though.

I can't argue with money, but I'm not sure that's what Thiago is looking for. Thiago has repeatedly stated his dream to play with Spain in the 2014 World Cup. He doesn't think he's playing enough apparently, and is looking for a big club where he can make an impact and play week in week out. Therein lies the problem-- that's what Thiago wants...can Barcelona give him that?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:58 pm

CB, no doubt what you say is true. What I meant was money can be used as a negotiator in such situations even if its not a priority for him. See we all agree we need to keep him. So the first thing the club needs to do is make him believe that we value him immensely and doing that can involve a lot of things.

As for playing for Spain in WC 2014 that one's really difficult even for this wonder kid. If he were a forward or a defender the path would be clear but the number of quality midfielders that Spain have produced in the last several years has comfortably beaten any record of this kind in football history. I tried asking myself who I would drop from the Spain squad to accommodate Thiago and couldn't come up with an answer. Then even if he makes the squad imagine how much harder it will be for him to get game time leave alone a start.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:03 pm

I agree, I think his dream is ridiculous.

Thing is with VDB, even if he deserves it, VDB is going to stick with the guys that have done it for him so far. He's not going to throw Thiago minutes even if he arguably deserves it. If Javi Martinez who just won the treble with Bayern and was brilliant can't get a run in, how will Thiago?

But I agree, we should throw money at him, a lot of it. I just don't know if that will be enough from us.

That's my concern.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:04 pm

He's not as good as Cesc so it won't be that big of a loss.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:10 pm

I don't think his dream is ridiculous, xavi has not been any better than thiago second half of the season.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:26 pm

free_cat wrote:I don't think his dream is ridiculous, xavi has not been any better than thiago second half of the season.

But VDB doesn't care, he's going to start Xavi ahead of anyone regardless. That's just the way he works. Mata has been playing better than Cesc this whole year, do you expect him to play ahead of Cesc? Nope. The only position that will see some question marks come WC 2014 is the striker and that's due to Villa not playing a lot this season, Torres sucking, and Llorente being ostracized. Which is why we saw Soldado play Laughing

And even he admitted he'll never be first choice.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:52 am

Damn it. News is starting to flow out that Thiago is close to Man Utd.

Sonofabitch this hurts. All the more that Tito's dumbass didn't play him just ONE more game...

windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:49 am

What's wrong with some of you? If the player wants to leave let him leave. Give him more money? LOL This is Barcelona. Some overconfident, smug-faced kid after playing 2 seasons in the first divison isn't dictating how things have to run here. Laughing

If he wants to go to the World Cup he should start competing with Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, you know, the same competition that awaits him in Spain. Not with Anderson and Cleverly, fss.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca2211 Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:03 am

I don't see him leaving, kid will get a new contract with more money and more promised playing time. His agent nor Thiago has come out and said nothing... All speculation lol

Barca2211
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:42 am

CBarca wrote:
free_cat wrote:I don't think his dream is ridiculous, xavi has not been any better than thiago second half of the season.

But VDB doesn't care, he's going to start Xavi ahead of anyone regardless. That's just the way he works. Mata has been playing better than Cesc this whole year, do you expect him to play ahead of Cesc? Nope. The only position that will see some question marks come WC 2014 is the striker and that's due to Villa not playing a lot this season, Torres sucking, and Llorente being ostracized. Which is why we saw Soldado play Laughing

And even he admitted he'll never be first choice.
Completely agree....
But i am kind of confused about keepin him anyway. He is talented, no question. But is it good to keep a young player who demands a lot of game time(i am sure he wants to be our starter) no matter what his objective is. In a team like us how can you promise someone to be starter.
So lets think we pay him high as some suggested and promise game time. So it means he will be a starter in a lot of games. I clearly dont understand how would you do that when you have Xavi,Busquest and iniesta?? forget about Cesc. So you move Iniesta again on the left forward?? Not possible we solved that problem by buying Neymar. Drop Xavi more often?? But next year is proably last WC for Xavi, how you drop him without a reason at the moment. Its just an utter mess even if you keep him with his current demand fulfilled. I wish he will shine wherever he goes but i doubt his dream would fulfill anyway.
The total issue is clouded by the release clause. Because it is reachable, so many teams are coming foward and he is getting over confidence thereby. I would be interested to see how many talks would have involved considering a 90m clause.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by laxman363 Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:06 pm

Reports in Spain suggest that this evening members of the Barcelona team are trying to persuade Thiago to stay at the club.
laxman363
laxman363
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:57 am

CBarca wrote:I agree, I think his dream is ridiculous.

Thing is with VDB, even if he deserves it, VDB is going to stick with the guys that have done it for him so far. He's not going to throw Thiago minutes even if he arguably deserves it. If Javi Martinez who just won the treble with Bayern and was brilliant can't get a run in, how will Thiago?

But I agree, we should throw money at him, a lot of it. I just don't know if that will be enough from us.

That's my concern.

CB, I agree with your comments.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:00 am

windkick wrote:Damn it. News is starting to flow out that Thiago is close to Man Utd.

Sonofabitch this hurts. All the more that Tito's dumbass didn't play him just ONE more game...

That one game rumour is probably false. What happened was that Thiago met the requisite number of games he should have played but he was also required to play at least thirty minutes in every one of them and that didn't happen.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:08 am

futbol wrote:What's wrong with some of you? If the player wants to leave let him leave. Give him more money? LOL This is Barcelona. Some overconfident, smug-faced kid after playing 2 seasons in the first divison isn't dictating how things have to run here. Laughing

If he wants to go to the World Cup he should start competing with Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, you know, the same competition that awaits him in Spain. Not with Anderson and Cleverly, fss.

Your point of view would make very good sense if we had set the right precedents. By bringing Fabregas back and that too by falling head over heels to do so, we have indicated to these talented youngsters that you can go find your own future, become very successful and there could still be a way back. For a million reasons we should have NEVER brought Fabregas back. If that hadn't happened I would be completely with you now. Tell every young upstart no matter how good that he will never be bigger than the club. If he wants to leave then he can but make it clear that the door is closed forever. As it stands though one of the reasons I so want to prevent Thiago leaving is how much of an egg in your face moment it is going to be for us. First we go and bring back Fabregas for a large price showing that we do not completely trust our young talent and then he goes to another club for a low price and becomes a world class superstar. It makes it a complete lose for us.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:13 am

As for the point neuro raised I think Thiago could be promised more game time if we set some rules in place. One of them could be that any time Xavi is not on the pitch it's Thiago and not Fabregas who will play. These kinds of rules should have been enforced last season itself. If they had been I think Thiago would have perhaps not wanted to leave right now. Instead what we did was that any time Xavi, Iniesta or Messi were not on the pitch, the first replacement was invariably Fabregas. Put yourself in Thiago's shoes. When that happens doesn't it suggest very little hope in the immediate future for you? That's why I cannot even blame the kid for wanting to leave.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:02 pm

messixaviesta wrote:As for the point neuro raised I think Thiago could be promised more game time if we set some rules in place. One of them could be that any time Xavi is not on the pitch it's Thiago and not Fabregas who will play. These kinds of rules should have been enforced last season itself. If they had been I think Thiago would have perhaps not wanted to leave right now. Instead what we did was that any time Xavi, Iniesta or Messi were not on the pitch, the first replacement was invariably Fabregas. Put yourself in Thiago's shoes. When that happens doesn't it suggest very little hope in the immediate future for you? That's why I cannot even blame the kid for wanting to leave.
i understand what you say. But let's face the reality. We already have made a blunder signing Cesc and that is not recoverable. So what you think the management can do in present situation. What you are saying about Xavi replacement is clearly not possible. the board already confirmed that Cesc is not for sale or so. Now how can they promise Thiago that he will be first replacement always. that clearly means asking Cesc to leave which at least they are/ will not be doing.
So for me the present situation is- no way you can convince Thiago. And because the board prefers Cesc, it seems Thiago leaving is the only outcome.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:04 pm

Thiago looks all set to sign for Manchester United. They have offered him Xavi-Iniesta level salary and a guaranteed starting position. ManUtd's top target was said to be Fabregas. Hence it seems that since Cesc didn't want to leave Barca they have gone for Thiago. I suppose almost all of us agree that Thiago will easily walk into ManU's current midfield.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:08 pm

neuro11 wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:As for the point neuro raised I think Thiago could be promised more game time if we set some rules in place. One of them could be that any time Xavi is not on the pitch it's Thiago and not Fabregas who will play. These kinds of rules should have been enforced last season itself. If they had been I think Thiago would have perhaps not wanted to leave right now. Instead what we did was that any time Xavi, Iniesta or Messi were not on the pitch, the first replacement was invariably Fabregas. Put yourself in Thiago's shoes. When that happens doesn't it suggest very little hope in the immediate future for you? That's why I cannot even blame the kid for wanting to leave.
i understand what you say. But let's face the reality. We already have made a blunder signing Cesc and that is not recoverable. So what you think the management can do in present situation. What you are saying about Xavi replacement is clearly not possible. the board already confirmed that Cesc is not for sale or so. Now how can they promise Thiago that he will be first replacement always. that clearly means asking Cesc to leave which at least they are/ will not be doing.
So for me the present situation is- no way you can convince Thiago. And because the board prefers Cesc, it seems Thiago leaving is the only outcome.

You are absolutely right. What I was trying to do is find a go between. Say we declare Thiago to be Xavi's first replacement and Cesc to be Iniesta's first replacement for instance. As long as Cesc has a right to every key position before Thiago he will understandably see no future for himself. Having said that I agree with you that the situation is very difficult and it is likely he will leave.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by laxman363 Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:42 pm

After the supposed contract dispute between mata and morinhio rumours are that barca is being linked with mata.
laxman363
laxman363
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:23 pm

Can Mata play on the right? What's his strongest position? I was under the impression he works best on the left and down the middle

I hope, REALLY HOPE, Thiago stays. If he leaves, I blame no one but the club
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:29 am

windkick wrote:Can Mata play on the right? What's his strongest position? I was under the impression he works best on the left and down the middle

I hope, REALLY HOPE, Thiago stays. If he leaves, I blame no one but the club
Yes, of course he can but so what. We are not Real Madrid that go for star player in every position or M.City that need a star bench. Our Midfield and Attacking simply has no vacancy. And a big hole on Defense and Goalbar. Even if Mata is offered in exchange of Song i doubt we should go for this.
Its simply unnecessary....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:36 am

I agree, but I would love to get rid of Alexis. That right wing was garbage last season and any chance to fix it is welcomed imo. And whats your deal with Song? He is fine at the club; its Cesc that has to go sooner or later

Ter Stegen is rumored to be close to being signed by us, and will be left at his club on loan for one season.

So thats the left wing and GK situation fixed. Next matter of business, locking down Thiago and getting a defender or two.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:07 am

windkick wrote:I agree, but I would love to get rid of Alexis. That right wing was garbage last season and any chance to fix it is welcomed imo. And whats your deal with Song? He is fine at the club; its Cesc that has to go sooner or later

Ter Stegen is rumored to be close to being signed by us, and will be left at his club on loan for one season.

So thats the left wing and GK situation fixed. Next matter of business, locking down Thiago and getting a defender or two.
Well, thats the same thing...Every team has garbage. That will not make you looser. you just cant polish it to finest. M. city is the biggest example. One might wonder what they don have. Chelsea was similar few years ago.
Song is just an example and i prefer more of reality than what should or should not. You may think or present thousand arguments that Cesc should go but what i am saying is that is not going to happen right away. So bringing him to example does not make sense to me.
I also heard about the the rumour that we will sign both Reina and Stegen as we are loosing both Pinto and Valdez next summer. That seems good idea. lets see what happens. And for defender i don think we have the money to buy two defender. I just hope we utilize the money on one good defender - Thiago (no other candidate in this case for me).

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next