LeBéninois
Eman
Raptorgunner
urbaNRoots
SamuelJayC
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arsenal v Bayern Munich Preview - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Bayern Munich Preview

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 19 Feb 2013, 14:08

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:If that's our line up who will u play up front, podolski or Walcott? I can't help but see it as a risk if it's walcott

I think it's like this:

Szczesny
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Vermaelen
Arteta Wilshere
Ramsey Cazorla Podolski
Walcott

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Bayern Munich Preview - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Bayern Munich Preview

Post by RealGunner Tue 19 Feb 2013, 15:41

Our best matches have all come with Giroud upfront though... Plus his aerial ability is an immense asset for defending corners. We will be against Mandzukic, Van buyten, Martinez, Dante and Muller on set pieces...

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 15:56

Remember Inter in 2003? Remember Real Madrid in 2006? Remember Barcelona in 2011? Remember AC Milan last year?
Arsenal fans, now is the time to show your support... :bow:
Proud to be a Gooner...

Arsenal v Bayern Munich Preview - Page 2 75498_345529005553269_1648884116_n
(from FB)

Last edited by Wilson37 on Tue 19 Feb 2013, 15:58; edited 1 time in total
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 19 Feb 2013, 15:57

RealGunner wrote:Our best matches have all come with Giroud upfront though... Plus his aerial ability is an immense asset for defending corners. We will be against Mandzukic, Van buyten, Martinez, Dante and Muller on set pieces...

I've been saying this all the time, and it's not like Walcott is not influential on the right wing... he's arguably even better there. But I can understand why Wenger would play Ramsey on the right, Alaba will help Ribery in attack all the time and Ramsey offers that defensive work which Walcott doesn't.

But if it's a:

Arteta Ramsey
Cazorla Wilshere Podolski
Walcott

It doesn't make sense, Cazorla doesn't offer the defensive work that Ramsey would offer, Walcott's pace either.

Giroud is also a fantastic super sub, he can come on and influence the game with a late header or something.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 19 Feb 2013, 16:03

------Arteta--------Ramsey
Walcott--Wilshere Cazorla
--------------Podolski----------

This looks good imo.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 19 Feb 2013, 16:04

Poldi centrally No have we not learned from Swansea and Sunderland?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 19 Feb 2013, 16:06

Manuel Neuer said he most times has nothing to do for 90 minutes during games that he won't bother having a shower thereafter.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 19 Feb 2013, 16:07

urbaNRoots wrote:Poldi centrally No have we not learned from Swansea and Sunderland?

I have a feeling, Gervias will start up front. Proud rofl
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 16:10

RealGunner wrote:Our best matches have all come with Giroud upfront though... Plus his aerial ability is an immense asset for defending corners. We will be against Mandzukic, Van buyten, Martinez, Dante and Muller on set pieces...

Thumbs up
it is as simple as that.. this is not the time to experiment Walcott again.. i personally dont consider that trial as a success, eventhough he scored a few goals as CF.. he is better at the wings where his strengths come into play and his weakness can be hidden..
eventhough Girouds finishing is poor, he adds new dimensions to our play.. those setup chances, lofted passes, hold up for hoof balls and the defensive work which no other player in our squad can put as CF... just need to provide him those service from crosses and setpieces.. dont expect him to create his goals himself as RVP does occassionally..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 19 Feb 2013, 16:12

Raptorgunner wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Poldi centrally No have we not learned from Swansea and Sunderland?

Imagine Gervais doing a "Arshavin" and score tonight Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 19 Feb 2013, 16:14

urbaNRoots wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

Imagine Gervais doing a "Arshavin" and score tonight Laughing

We need a miracle to win or tie the game, Gervais big forehead could be the answer. :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 19 Feb 2013, 16:26

Lets go Arsenal.

Arsenal v Bayern Munich Preview - Page 2 Fernando-Torres-Meme-e1336898185963Arsenal v Bayern Munich Preview - Page 2 Tumblr_mbblk1iV8T1ry4aqmo1_1280
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Tue 19 Feb 2013, 16:37

Ramsey?

Some of you must have been watching a different team to me.

He's had a couple of ok games and a load of below average ones. Bayern will RAPE him. No way for me. Just my opinion guys, not a Ramsey hater but he's not what we need tonight.

Szczesny

Sagna Mert Kos TV

-------Arteta
Diaby---------Wilshere

Cazorla Walcott Podolski

That would be my team. Diaby to give that extra bit of cover and he can break forward if needed. I would also keep a close eye on Cazorla. As good as he is (brilliant) he's looking tired as he's been over-played. Wenger gave him rest at the weekend of course, so hopefully he's on it. If not, the pace of Ox would be my replacement if he's looking tired.

I like Giroud but he struggles against top defenders. Walcott is a bit of an unknown quantity as a CF...even for us. He can beat a man. He can finish. And he is quicker than all of their players. This will scare them and force them NOT to play too high a line, which is the way they like to play.

Force them to defend deeper, and use the space between their back 4 and midfield well enough and we can win this. I'm usually not too bad at predicting Wenger in the CL, so we'll see. But I expect Diaby as extra cover on the defensive right side of midfield and Walcott up front.

COYG!
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 19 Feb 2013, 16:44

It's nice to have options available, let's see how well Wenger does.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue 19 Feb 2013, 17:11

6unner wrote:
Szczesny
Sagna Mert Kos Verm
Ramsey Wilshere Cazorla
walcott Giroud Podolski

This is the lineup that I would like to see.
that is the first llineup without Arteta..
Ramsey for Arteta ? hmm
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue 19 Feb 2013, 17:11

Wouldn't take any notice of the Mirror's likely Arsenal XI.

I had a look at 5 or 6 papers at my local supermarket on the way to work and all of them predicted different teams! lol

We'll just have to wait until 6.45pm.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue 19 Feb 2013, 17:34

Tactical thoughts:

Will both teams fight for possession or will one concede it willingly?

Will Wenger stay true to his 4-4-2 pressing which would be a massive risk or press as 4-2-3-1 telling the CF to mark Dante and force the ball to van Buyten, Bayerns weakest passer?

Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue 19 Feb 2013, 17:46

The difference in bench quality is absolutely astonishing.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by timzink Tue 19 Feb 2013, 17:49

Why would you not start Giroud ? He would allow Walcott the room to make runs between the fullback and centre back which he can make so effectively . Packing the midfield is unlikely to yield much joy against a Bayern team that is so strong on the wings and which is also likely to dominate possession anyway . and we all know Arsenal are awful at pressing teams so is likely that a midfield of ramsey/diaby arteta wilshere carzola and podolski is capable of pressing for the entire match ? I do not think so .
timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue 19 Feb 2013, 19:06

Bayern's whole squad is like super-great!!!

Would I be wrong if I said they have the best squad depth of all teams in Europe/World???
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue 19 Feb 2013, 19:06

I don't expect him to start, but I'd love to see me some Rosicky tonight. The forgotten man on everyone's preferred lineup Razz
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Tue 19 Feb 2013, 19:07

Anyone else got those big match butterflies?

My stomach is doing cartwheels.

I've had three poos in the last 45 minutes (too much info...sorry). Not had this since just before the CL final.
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue 19 Feb 2013, 19:08

I don't feel nervous at all
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue 19 Feb 2013, 19:11

I would prefer Walcott to start upfront. For quick counters. He is good at running in behind the defence. Van Buyten is slow so we can take advantage of that. Giroud starting juz won't work imo. Think he'll get isolated upfront... Cazorla and Poldi on the wings... Well exactly the same team that Sam posted in the OP.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue 19 Feb 2013, 19:14

furiouswindbottom wrote:Anyone else got those big match butterflies?

I've had three poos in the last 45 minutes (too much info...sorry). Not had this since just before the CL final.
No mate, I'm actually quite excited about this one.
Don't know why??? eco smile
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Tue 19 Feb 2013, 19:21

El Gunner wrote:
furiouswindbottom wrote:Anyone else got those big match butterflies?

No mate, I'm actually quite excited about this one.
Don't know why??? eco smile

When I played footy for my school team I used to get so nervous before away games I used to puke on the bus. Wasn't travel sickness as I could get on the bus and have no problems...only happened before games.

Once almost missed a kick off after a bout of diarrhea before playing in a cup semi final (Sunday league)......at the age of 23!

Thought it had gone forever after that Barca game. Sad

Luckily, I'm fine once the game starts.
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next