If Arsenal don't win the CL/finish 4th, is it time for Wenger to get sacked/leave?

+43
Peccadillo
Mr. Moratti
spanky
Zealous
nasir6371
iftikhar
Helmer
OLpower
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
sportsczy
the xcx
halamadrid2
lenear1030
Forza
Berbaflop
Raptorgunner
Mr Nick09
baresi
McAgger
TalkingReckless
S
DeletedUser#1
Dnmac4
Swanhends
Casciavit
Bear
rwo power
Ganso
Jay29
Kaladin
Highburied
Cassius
Motogp69
LeBĂ©ninois
Grooverider
Art Morte
VanDeezNuts
Donuts
Lex
timzink
VendettaRed07
Onyx
47 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

If Arsenal don't win the CL/finish 4th, is it time for Wenger to get sacked/leave? - Page 4 Empty Re: If Arsenal don't win the CL/finish 4th, is it time for Wenger to get sacked/leave?

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 pm

Wait, hold on. Wenger is the highest paid manager in the EPL?

I never knew that, that is shocking and quite hypocritical of him as he usually whines and crows when players want to move to City or other teams to get paid.

Does he make more then any player on the team?

Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

If Arsenal don't win the CL/finish 4th, is it time for Wenger to get sacked/leave? - Page 4 Empty Re: If Arsenal don't win the CL/finish 4th, is it time for Wenger to get sacked/leave?

Post by RealGunner Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:11 pm

2nd highest paid manager
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:56 pm

Lets put it this way if Wenger leaves i have no problem taking him off your hands Laughing

Wenger coaching Ben Arfa :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:00 pm

The fall of Arsenal from the statut of being a top team has been very slow but regular. I imagine it is very hard for the Arsenal fans to see their club being pushed away from the top clubs each year a little more.

At this point, I don't think anybody could do better than Wenger with this squad. It is just not elite anymore. Arsenal needs to spend big, to bring 10/10 players instead of 7-8/10 players
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:07 pm

the big questions for me would be if arsenal got a new manager would more money be invested into the team? and would they get rid of this ridiculous wage structure?

because overall wenger is still a great manager - even though there have been some bizarre tactical decisions. But the biggest concern has to be about the players coming in.

edit:and being able to hold on to players

Last edited by vanDEEZ on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:20 pm

They need to be going for players like Falcao, Cavani etc. Players that Real Madrid, Man City, Chelsea, Barca etc etc go for.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:37 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:They need to be going for players like Falcao, Cavani etc, Players that Real Madrid, Man City, Chelsea, Barca etc etc go for.

We offer Falcao x amount in wages and Atletico x amount in fees, City come bumbling in with twice the amount in wages and twice the amount in fees = Falcao goes to City
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:46 pm

btw, the title of the thread "If Arsenal don't win the CL" Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:05 pm

Lex wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:They need to be going for players like Falcao, Cavani etc, Players that Real Madrid, Man City, Chelsea, Barca etc etc go for.

We offer Falcao x amount in wages and Atletico x amount in fees, City come bumbling in with twice the amount in wages and twice the amount in fees = Falcao goes to City

Then go for the striker who will leave City.

Arsenal needs to try to catch the big players.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:06 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:the big questions for me would be if arsenal got a new manager would more money be invested into the team? and would they get rid of this ridiculous wage structure?

because overall wenger is still a great manager - even though there have been some bizarre tactical decisions. But the biggest concern has to be about the players coming in.

edit:and being able to hold on to players

Given that our current wage structure is based off Wenger's own ideas, I'd imagine that a new manager would be able to change it if he wanted to. Moreover, it wouldn't be a question of more funds being available for the new manager, but the new manager making full use of available resources.

I find this talk of "needing serious investment" silly, in any case. I'm not against spending big on quality players but ultimately what's needed is sensible investment on players that can address the needs of the squad and a manager that can get that squad performing to expected standards consistently. The current squad does have the necessary quality to finish in the top four - it's certainly not any worse than Spurs' and Everton's squads - but it hasn't performed as consistently as it should be doing.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:00 am

Funny I didn't noticed this thread as I meant to ask a similar (what will happen if Arsenal don't qualify for CL!) question!

So if Arsenal don't qualify for CL (they are not going to win CL) will Arsen leave! If so,

1. Who will replace Arsen!
2. Where will Arsen go!!

Do you see a Arsen-Klopp swap!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:24 am

man was wenger pissed in that press conference.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:54 am

Lex wrote:

City Proud
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:28 am

iftikhar wrote:Do you see a Arsen-Klopp swap!!!
Nope as Kloppo has a contract till 2016 and he honours contracts. (He wasn't even tempted by 1st BL offers when he still was coaching Mainz in the 2nd BL; he only went to Dortmund after his Mainz contract was finished).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:09 am

rwo power wrote:
iftikhar wrote:Do you see a Arsen-Klopp swap!!!
Nope as Kloppo has a contract till 2016 and he honours contracts. (He wasn't even tempted by 1st BL offers when he still was coaching Mainz in the 2nd BL; he only went to Dortmund after his Mainz contract was finished).

Really. That's way too cool (for these days).
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:24 am

At this point it's about whether Wenger wants to leave, not if he gets sacked. Any self respecting top club would have sacked him 3 years ago maybe even before then.

"You either die the hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

I still think that most of Wnger's success is down to him inheriting some great players, especially in defence. He built on that but their influence slowly faded away year after year. Wenger has a great mind for football but his approach has never been strong or bold enough imo. Sir Alex has his fck ups in the transfer market but he understands that you need to risk it to get the biscuit. That's why he's leading United to another league title and Wenger is slowly but surely seeing Arsenal slip away.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:06 pm

nasir6371 wrote:
Lex wrote:

City Proud
London?

I don't think I understand this game too well Sad
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:37 pm

I cant belive I got warned just for saying Wenger is incompetent. Injustice Mad
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:47 pm

The xcx wrote:I cant belive I got warned just for saying Wenger is incompetent. Injustice Mad

You got warned for that? This website is getting worse and worse. I got warned and no moderator has had the courage to tell me why.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:47 pm

wenger is a good coach and i think he doesnt need to be replaced, just be given a proper financial support.
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Moratti Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:10 pm

Only reason I would hope they sack him is if he comes to Inter... otherwise Arsenal would be stupid to sack him...
Mr. Moratti
Mr. Moratti
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:05 am

Football as we all know.. is very simple.
Wenger has failed to deliver, we are in a steady and consistent decline and have been for some time. Something needs to change.

The knee-jerking I'm seeing reading all these posts, I agree, is counter-productive. To look at it objectively we need to approach it with with pragmatism and systematically.

1. Identify the problem. Is it Wenger REALLY the crux of the problem here? Who else is contributing to our shortcomings? Have we evaluated all variables and assessed the functionality of our club in it's entirety?

2. Has Wenger been given too much authority in areas where he may not be as proficient as somebody else? May it help to get fresh faces on payroll who can improve these areas?

3. IF we look at this and determine Wenger is enough of a problem (which I concede he may well be) and is indeed stifling our success.. what is the better solution? Pardew? Guardiola? Are there any plausible managers out there who we have enough information to reasonable incline us to believe it will improve the situation?

So unless somebody can tell me who we should bring in to replace Wenger and offer a detailed Cost-Benefit analysis of the decision to do so, I reserve my judgement.

Surely we owe Wenger a deliberated and calculated decision at least before we start calling for his head??? He has ALREADY proven he is a world class manager - he has that knowledge, he has that experience - you don't just lose that - MAYBE he's not adaptable enough. Maybe he is too narrow-minded. Maybe the glory days that have past were purely down to the everything just coincidently aligning in the cosmos in conjunction with Wenger's then-impenetrable system, which over time teams figured out how to penetrate - and MAYBE he had no plan B.. Maybe he's gone just senile!

But surely.. Through his success, dedication, loyalty and for everything beautiful he has brought to Arsenal - SURELY we OWE it to him and to ourselves to be sure beyond reasonable doubt that we make the right decision.

Imagine - what a kick in the teeth it would be if we call for the sacking of this man only find next season we blow millions on pounds under new management, only to find ourselves no where near the top four, with a manager who has proven himself elsewhere but may be incompatible/incompetent for the job at Arsenal (I believe Wenger is at the VERY least competent!) and with, yet again no silver-ware come the end of the year. In the process wasting all the efforts made over the past years trying to develop a financially sustainable club and trying to ensure our heads stay above water whilst paying off the new stadium.

We as Arsenal fans had it very easy a short time ago for so long, maybe we got used to taking it for granted. Now things are hard we find it so easy to criticize and to scapegoat... yet neglect our own duty to the club as fans! This is harsh but must be said (maybe im just getting over-emotional) I have felt shame on so many occasions we have lost to greatly inferior teams, Bradford, Blackburn.. However I feel equal shame in our lack of activism as Arsenal fans.

Where is the pressure on the board for transparency? Where is the DEMAND to the powers that be to invoke change? This may seem like a double-standard as one the one hand I'm saying lets take a conservative approach to dealing with Wenger, then on the other hand I'm making a call to arms - but thought before action, every time. Who are we really angry at? What do we really want to change at our club? IS Wenger the problem? Have we considered a better solution (than sacking him)?

Last edited by Peccadillo on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:21 am

OLpower wrote:
The xcx wrote:I cant belive I got warned just for saying Wenger is incompetent. Injustice Mad

You got warned for that? This website is getting worse and worse. I got warned and no moderator has had the courage to tell me why.

Nobody needs to tell you why, you're constantly attacking other posters. There, you got your reason why.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:49 am

Any thoughts of who is going to come in?
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:22 am

Going... going... [bar a overturn of the 1st leg deficit in Munich]... GONE!
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:27 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Going... going... [bar a overturn of the 1st leg deficit in Munich]... GONE!

For a second I thought you were going to say Chen was to take over Wenger but this comment is so much better. Cool
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next