RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
fatman123
adnyana179
Onyx
26 posters

Page 30 of 43 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 36 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 3 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 3

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:31 pm

A lifting contest between Mark Henry and Ryback on Smackdown this week. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 3 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 3

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:58 pm

Watched Raw. Was decent to be honest.

Opening was good, Taker looks 80 atm but he will be in shape in 2 weeks i guess. Punk is amazing as a heel lol.

Rest of the matches were ok.

Fundango, i am liking him lol. Good gimmick and Y2J will make him a star.

The question panel segment

Thought Cena was amazing in there, the emotions and his mic work. It was fantastic.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:24 pm

It's, Faaaaaannnn-daaaaangg-gooooohhhh, not fundango. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:52 pm

that dancer with him is very pretty
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:18 am

After firing Eric Pankowski a few weeks back, WWE currently does not have one single lead creative writer - they have approximately four, and Stephanie McMahon apparently wants more.

As noted, the guy currently replacing Pankowski is a guy that was hired by him as a VP in creative a few months back. He's now been promoted to Senior VP. Another writer is David Kreizman, a daytime Emmy winner, who was hired a few months back. Then you have Ed Koskey, who is RAW's lead writer, Dave Kapoor, who is SmackDown's lead writer and Ryan Ward, who works with Dusty Rhodes on NXT.

There's a running joke that many different people have different titles, the pay sucks for those positions and that within the past week, a few people asked for raises and were denied. "They have enough people to field a football team," it was noted by a source.

---------------------

Spoiler:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:43 pm

These past few weeks I've really grown to the card at Mania, but that promo on Raw between Rock and Cena has changed my view completely on this match.

I've read a lot of people smelling a Cena heel turn. I'm not getting my hopes up, but the build up is similar to WM17 and we all know what happened there.

I'm not really sure about the outcome of HHH and Lesnar anymore. With Brock working both Payback and Extreme Rules, he very well could win and build some momentum moving forward.

I don't think we will ever know how they would have built Punk and Taker had Paul Bearer not passed, but the match itself should be a near-clinic. Taker's past few have been brawls and drama, but this one should be a higher quality.

The undercard was looking lost for a while, but I like what they've put together. Should be a good show for my first live WM. I just hope the weather holds out.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:46 pm

Same here

Really feeling the Mania now. Pretty excited about it.

When will you be off adnyana ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:57 pm

RealGunner wrote:Same here

Really feeling the Mania now. Pretty excited about it.

When will you be off adnyana ?

Flying out in 2 days. Spending 3 weeks over there with Mania right in the middle of it all.
Have been working heaps of overtime to save money hence me only coming on here from time to time, but it's all going to be worth it.

I've read talk about Jay-Z and Eminem possibly doing entrances for Rock and Cena much like MGK and Florida last year. As a rap fan I'd love that.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:07 pm

Have fun Adny, i don't watch much any more but it must be always great to go to an event like that.

Hope it blows your expectations away Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:24 pm

None of the writers deserve a pay rise ffs Laughing

start churning out better storylines when it's not for WM and then maybe they can ask.

Team Hell no, team Rhodes scholars. Getting Albert/Tensai do dance around etc, what the *bleep* do they want a payrise for?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:11 pm

WWE announced today that Brodus Clay, Tensai and The Funkadactyls will face Damien Sandow, Cody Rhodes and The Bella Twins in an eight-person mixed tag team match at WrestleMania 29.

Here is the updated card for the event:

WWE Title Match
The Rock (c) vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Title Match
Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Jack Swagger

WWE Tag Team Title Match
Kane and Daniel Bryan(c) vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston

No Holds Barred Match
Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar
Triple H's career will be on the line.

Intercontinental Championship
Wade Barret (c) vs. The Miz

CM Punk vs. The Undertaker

Randy Orton, Sheamus and Big Show vs. Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns

Ryback vs. Mark Henry

Chris Jericho vs. Fandango

Eight-Person Mixed Tag Team Match
Brodus Clay, Tensai & The Funkadactyls will face Damien Sandow, Cody Rhodes & The Bella Twins

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:19 pm

Think that tag team match is one of the worst matches in WM history.

Why do WWE tag people up when they failed to use them solo?

Just split them up and give them proper gimmicks.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:00 am

Kane-Bryan to lose. Would be foolish for Ziggler, on the hot streak that he's on, to go into this type of event and lose. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Big E Langston shouldn't even be on the card considering he hasn't even had a proper match imo. Same goes for Fandango too.

And that 8-person tag match Laughing.....da fuq is that?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:21 am

Chris Jericho recently appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio and noted that he was considered for several ideas for WrestleMania 29, including a mixed tag match at one point. When Jericho left for a tour of Australia with Fozzy, the plan was for him to turn heel and feud with Ryback.

He came back from the tour and was informed by Eric Pankowski that plans changed and he would be facing Fandango as a babyface.

Jericho admitted he wasn't happy with the change in plans at first but he's excited after the way things have worked out. Jericho will take some time off after WrestleMania to tour with Fozzy from April 13th through the 28th.

The deal he came back under was for WrestleMania but there is an understanding that he would like to work with WWE when other projects aren't going on.

At 42 years old, Jericho isn't looking at taking long periods away from wrestling. When Jericho returned this time, he negotiated his deal with Triple H, not Vince McMahon.

-----------------------

There continues to be suspicion within WWE on CM Punk's status. Some believe he's hurt worse than anyone is letting on because everyone asked is denying any injury.

There are reports of this having to do with creative frustration or burnout and more nagging minor injuries than a major injury.

-------------------------

WWE is booking both The Rock and Brock Lesnar for the Extreme Rules pay-per-view because CM Punk will likely be missing the event. There are incorrect reports going around that Rock vs. Brock is scheduled to main event Extreme Rules. Both will be there but there's no word yet on who they will be wrestling.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:28 am

The 8 person tag team match will probably be the worst in WM :facepalm:

I dig the brodus and tensai theme song but c'mon. They are there for few laughs and have no business at the WM

I guess Fundango is one for the future and hence WWE wants to build him up in a big way. I don't mind him facing jericho.

Team Hell No will probably be split at WM, however Ziggler HAS to cash in after ADR wins. Will he hold two titles at once ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:33 am

Ziggler to be WHC, AJ Divas champions and Ziggler and Big E Langston tag champions?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:41 pm

One of the major goals for 2013 is to make Alberto Del Rio into the Mexican babyface star that Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio were. Regardless of what happens at WrestleMania with Jack Swagger possibly winning or Dolph Ziggler cashing in, the direction of the World Heavyweight Title picture is still all about building Del Rio.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:50 pm

Don't like Babyface Del Rio, just seems so generic. Everything he says or does is your typical 'appeal to the fan' line.

Much better as an arrogant bad guy.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:55 pm

I think he was getting boring and wasn't getting anywhere as a heel. Was a generic heel.

He's probably a generic face currently, however it's something fresh imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:56 pm

He has no heat. The crowd doesn't know what to do with him. They just don't like him

Eddie had everything in him. He could actually talk and win fans. Del Rio is a good in ring worker but the crowd are not interested in him. Ricardo gets more heat than him. People are more interested and like Ricardo more than Del Rio Laughing

See monday's RAW. Swagger came and attacked Ricardo. When Del Rio attacked Swagger, silence in the crowd. No cheering for the babyface.

When Del Rio went on to attack Cesaro, the crowd bood him Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:57 pm

wrestling died in 90's, someone should close this thread
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:59 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:wrestling died in 90's, someone should close this thread

It's going to be closed soon when part 4 of the thread is made. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:00 pm

Yeah exactly, as a face he just doesn't have anything. Not interesting at all.

Good wrestler but has an annoying new instrumental theme, says the same sh*t about dedicating victories to fans etc etc. We've heard it all before, he has no edge.

Nothing seperates him from your standard mid-carder face.

At least you can makea heel do some nasty sh*t and get heat no matter what.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:01 pm

He even stole Bryan's catchphrase and translated into spanish :facepalm:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:03 pm

siiii siiiii siiiiiii Laughing

Not even stealing from retired WWE superstars. But ones who wrestle beside him.

If you take away his announcer he has nothing.

And this is what I mean, he's so generic it's like you've created a superstar on an old WWE game and went on career mode whilst chosing all the good options.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:21 pm

I think the fans were chanting 'si' on the RAW after WM last year or something and now that he's face, he's using it.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 43 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 36 ... 43  Next