RealGunner
Swanhends
Great Leader Sprucenuce
DeletedUser#1
27 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Newcastle's French flood- End of season prediction

Newcastle Prediction- Remainder of the season Vote_lcap18%Newcastle Prediction- Remainder of the season Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 6 ]
Newcastle Prediction- Remainder of the season Vote_lcap32%Newcastle Prediction- Remainder of the season Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 11 ]
Newcastle Prediction- Remainder of the season Vote_lcap21%Newcastle Prediction- Remainder of the season Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 7 ]
Newcastle Prediction- Remainder of the season Vote_lcap29%Newcastle Prediction- Remainder of the season Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 34

Newcastle Prediction- Remainder of the season Empty Newcastle Prediction- Remainder of the season

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:51 pm

They've by far been the busiest club in the window so far, buying 3242342 French players.

How do you think they'll cope in the remaining 15 games ?

They've lost 10 of the last 13 games if I ain't mistaken and their next game is a 6 pointer at Villa Park.

They've added Debuchy, Mbiwa, Sissoko, Haidara, Gouffran to the team, while sold Ba. They are also linked with a couple of more players now. Teams in relegation fight need battlers, isn't it too risky stacking the team with French players who are known to be whinging knobs and play for themselves when things go wrong (stereotype I know)

Will French players outnumbering the English have an effect on team morale ?

Will Pardew change the hoofball now? How will he communicate with those players who can't even speak English?

I think this is a brilliant situation, that will end at either EXTREME points of the spectrum

either they amazingly excel, or miserably fail for this relegation battle.

Here are Newcastle's next 5 league games:
Villa (A)
Chelsea (H)
Spurs (A)
Saints (H)
Swansea (A)

with trip to Ukraine to play Metalist and return leg in between.

How many points you reckon they'll get here? I think they need a minimum of 6....will they get it?

They are the only team in all tiers of English football to have failed to win an away game all season.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Newcastle Prediction- Remainder of the season Empty Re: Newcastle Prediction- Remainder of the season

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:03 pm

Bottom half....

All these signings or signings of similar quality should have happened in the summer and its good we are rectifying now i suppose....

Pardew is a moron so i don't expect too much, i would hope we have a similar season to last season come next year though as we will have much bigger squad with much high quality and Pardew will really have no excuses....

Also the french always outnumbered the english don't understand why there is such a big deal made out of this.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Newcastle Prediction- Remainder of the season Empty Re: Newcastle Prediction- Remainder of the season

Post by Swanhends Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:05 pm

To be clear:

How many of these players linked with newcastle are confirmed?

Remy confirmed to QPR
Haidara confirmed to Newcastle
Debuchy confirmed to Newcastle

Who else?
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:05 pm

Swanhends wrote:To be clear:

How many of these players linked with newcastle are confirmed?

Remy confirmed to QPR
Haidara confirmed to Newcastle
Debuchy confirmed to Newcastle

Who else?

Mbiwa is confirmed, Gouffran is confirmed, Sissoko had a medical today.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:09 pm

Top 7 is out of their reach

8-10 is a possibility because they are only 9 points away from 10th. They can do it if they turn it up like last year.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:10 pm

I just want to stay up tbh Laughing next season is when we will see what these players are truly capable of as long as Pardew actually plays a style and system which actually fits them anyway.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:06 am

They'll finish in the top 10 imo.

Their team is all round pretty good now.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:09 am

Bottom half.They'll comfortably avoid relegation with many rounds to spare.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:15 am

Yohan Modric wrote:They'll finish in the top 10 imo.

Their team is all round pretty good now.

This means they'll have to get 12+ points more than one of these teams in the remaining 15 rounds

Liverpool
Swansea
WestBrom

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:20 am

Stoke are 10th atm. So if Newcastle get a good run going, I think they can catch them up. A lot of the teams in the bottom half are inconsistent imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:20 am

Just avoid relegation. Is Gouffran Ba's replacement? I haven't really seen a lot of him, a couple Bordeaux games here and there and he looked average.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:29 am

Firenze wrote:Just avoid relegation. Is Gouffran Ba's replacement? I haven't really seen a lot of him, a couple Bordeaux games here and there and he looked average.

Its not about that.... Gouffran will actually allow us to play our best system and he's quick with good movement and his finishing is decent and unlike Ba doesn't care about himself before the team.

He's not better than Ba but we will most likely be a better team, unless of course Pardew f*cks it up which he most likely will.

Also....

1 - Top French goalscorers in the major European leagues since last season: Giroud (29), Benzema (26), Gomis (25), Gouffran (22). But.

Plus Gouffran is a damn sight better than any of our wide forwards HBA aside so he should improve us.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:30 am

Definitely bottom half this season, I just want to get this season over with to be honest. But if we can convince Coloccini to stay then imagine the team we could field next season.

--------------------------Krul--------------------------

Debuchy------Coloccini--------Mbiwa------------Santon

--------------Tiote------------Sissoko-----------------
----------------------Cabaye-------------------------

Ben Arfa----------------------------------------Gouffran
------------------------Cisse---------------------------

Bench:
Elliot
S.Taylor
Simpson
Sissoko
Anita
Obertan/Marveux
*Insert new striker here*

:bow:

Alot of rumours linking us with strikers, logically you would think that they would be back-up to Cisse in a system like the one above but Pardew seems obsessed with playing 4-4-2 and playing like Stoke so it most likely be something like this:

-----------------------------Krul--------------------------------

Debuchy------------Coloccini---------Mbiwa--------------Santon

Ben Arfa------------Cabaye----------Tiote----------------Gutierrez

--------------------Cisse------------Gouffran---------------------

With a bench of:
Elliot
S.Taylor
Simpson
Sissoko
Anita
Obertan/Marveaux
*Insert new striker here*

I'm happy that we are making signings but the teams above are the best case scenario and we'll most likely lose Coloccini, Simpson and a few big names, probably Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Tiote. And we still have an idiot in charge who insists on taking off our 2 best performers when we are playing like shit against Reading and bringing on James Perch. If only we had a manager in charge who liked his teams to play football, played logical formations and made decent substitutions. Alas, even when Newcastle solve a problem there's always another one in the way.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:34 am

Where is "Relocate to Ligue 1"?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:36 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I just want to stay up tbh Laughing next season is when we will see what these players are truly capable of as long as Pardew actually plays a style and system which actually fits them anyway.

It's probably best you guys don't have Pardew come next season Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:36 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Where is "Relocate to Ligue 1"?

Even in our sorry state we'd still piss all over that league. (Except PSG)
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:37 am

CBarca wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I just want to stay up tbh Laughing next season is when we will see what these players are truly capable of as long as Pardew actually plays a style and system which actually fits them anyway.

We can only hope. Guy was fantastic last season, but this season he's been a complete moron.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:38 am

aford92 wrote:
Alas, even when Newcastle solve a problem there's always another one in the way.

Should be our club motto tbh.

As for strikers my hope is that we would sign a striker where Gouffran is in your line up but better than Gouffran and Gouffran would be apart of the rotation.

But anyway as you say Pardew is a moron and we will probably go nowhere fast with him at the helm.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:39 am

aford92 wrote:
CBarca wrote:

We can only hope. Guy was fantastic last season, but this season he's been a complete moron.

I don't get it. But this season he's been an absolute travesty at times- some of the decisions he's made are inexcusable for a top flight coach.

PS: love the avatar. Sig rocks too.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:42 am

Pardew is someone who needs his best players fit all the bloody time.

He relies on the individual and last season he could rely on it and this season we have had injuries and lots of games thus you see his moron traits.

The only possible way he can be a consistent success is if we have 22 very good players ready to be called on at any time.

Him being sacked would be better news than any of these signings but it won't happen.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:44 am

Sounds a bit like 'Arry to be honest.

Which is why I'm in love with AVB. I fear for how Tottenham would have fared this season with all the injuries we had if 'Arry was in charge. Not to mention no VDV or Modric to Bale us out.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:47 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
aford92 wrote:
Alas, even when Newcastle solve a problem there's always another one in the way.

Should be our club motto tbh.

As for strikers my hope is that we would sign a striker where Gouffran is in your line up but better than Gouffran and Gouffran would be apart of the rotation.

But anyway as you say Pardew is a moron and we will probably go nowhere fast with him at the helm.

I put Gouffran there because knowing our luck the new striker will be some Ligue 2 or Eerste Divisie that nobody has ever heard of and we will only sign him because he can also play on the wing or in midfield, or as Llambias would put it "He's a purple chip."
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:50 am

Gouffran is a winger/striker so he will probably play there tbh or on the right.

Which is what i meant by i would like to see us sign someone like that long term but with more quality.

Llambias rofl his purple ideology is idiotic but i'm not surprised as neither he or Ashley know anything about football which is one of the reasons where are 16th in the table.

Football wise neither of them have a f*cking clue.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:53 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Gouffran is a winger/striker so he will probably play there tbh or on the right.

Which is what i meant by i would like to see us sign someone like that long term but with more quality.

Llambias rofl his purple ideology is idiotic but i'm not surprised as neither he or Ashley know anything about football which is one of the reasons where are 16th in the table.

Football wise neither of them have a f*cking clue.

Some of the "purple chips" are useful players, like Anita and R.Taylor but for every one of those we have a "diarrhoea brown chip" like Williamson, Perch or Gosling. Honestly when he bought Perch on against Reading I felt like smashing my laptop screen.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:39 am

They should be OK with this many reinfrocements plus Cabaye and Ben Arfa coming back. But it's obviously difficult to predict how their French Battalion will do. It's not rare to see players flop in their new team having excelled at their previous club.

The question about team spirit is an intriguing one. So many French and foreign players that no English players seem to fit the XI. You get easily groups of players within the team who might get a little unhappy with each other. Will there be fans at St James' Park who don't like this situation? On the other hand Newcastle will probably attract some new French followers...

Anyway, it will be very interesting to see the results of Newcastle's raiding of the French market. Could be anything between a glittering success or an embarassing failure.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next