DeletedUser#1
Adit
sportsczy
81 posters

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Mou has lost his mind - Page 10 Empty Re: Mou has lost his mind

Post by Le Samourai Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:20 pm

I would need to ask my dad but I'm pretty sure all estar would mean is that the situation is open to fluctuation.

The translation is still the same (and therefore Nigrall's embedding of currently and form are wrong) but there might be a subtle differentiation lost in the translation.

Not that it matters much, unless Mourinhio was trying to imply Adan will always be better than Iker no matter what.

@StevieRayVaughn- Iker was amazing last season, not good - amazing. So forget this talk of steady decline.

Give me a step down over an ignorant megalomaniac who has alienated half the team and fail to resolve the most simple issues he's been presented with.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:24 pm

You know what, I leave it to other Spanish speakers here to judge.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:24 pm

Real Kandahar wrote:Whether we like it or not, whether we talk about it or not, Mourinho is the Best coach out there. There are many reasons why:

First of all, bad form is something natural even if it goes on for a long time, i don't wanna go into details of it, but every team has experienced it whether big or small!!!

Secondly, players are not following orders, players are not motivated, players need to wake up!!! there is no tactical problem.... If MOU was a bad coach, how did he get 100 points in a season? how did he score RECORD number of goals in one season?? if he doesn't know how to play attacking football how was he able to do all that?

Third, Every coach has their own style, i am not a fan of Mou style counter attacking football, but as long as it receives result, it is acceptable. YES we are not getting results now, but i view this as something Temporary... CL and COPA is there! we don't know what will happen in those competitions.

What coach loves a club? unless you played in that club and were born in that city, every coach looks after his own career success... so this stupid comparison between Casillas and Mou is absurd...

Besides... Casillas has let many many easy goals in this past year! don't remember him putting an above average performance in 1 - 2 seasons now... why is he not touchable??? I see Puyol in bench at times even if he is not injured? Why can't Adan play? all those goals scored on Adan, would have been scored on Iker, why not give a youth player a chance??? you people are so hypocritical

MOU IS HERE TO STAY! AND HE WILL BRING SUCCESS AGAIN

Real Kandahar, you are still one of those vehemently defending mou around here, but i never really cared responding to one of your posts because you sound like you have started watching football about last year or so, and there are some basic things about the game that you dont understand, at least in my opinion. But i just finished watching the Dark Knight Rises :bow:, im in a good mood so i will entertain it a little.

But to begin things off, those who were riding mou's dick off last season and now turning on him are really making my ribs bhend ( tongue ) in many ways Laughing

I always have this philosophy, regardless of results, it's the way about you go winning or losing that truly matters, that's what has always been my concern and will continue to be. There comes times when winning at any cost is necessary, but in no way should that be a consistent way of going about things in football, or in life for that matter.

By that i mean that i have accepted some of the really decadent things mou has done as a coach of this club, all for the sake of winning because it became vital at some point, but never to the point of becoming blind like most of his sheep.

Mou is not on trial because he hit a bad run of form, he is on trial for the way he got to this point. Yes bad form is natural when everything else is constant. But when it's been engineered through a failed man management politic over the course of 3 seasons, then it's another story entirely. And calling this spell a bad run of form is euphemism my friend, this is failure given our context.

You say that it's not mou's fault but his players? i genuinely laugh. When he wins la liga with a 100 points he is the one who is great, when the ship goes south, the players are to blamed lol.

Mourinho's one great motivation tool throughout his whole time in madrid has been beating barcelona. We did it, and then what? this season happened. I blame him for building a side on the sole premises of beating barcelona, that's when he relinquished anytipe of long term future in Madrid. I always understood he only came for that 2-3 seasons top, so im okay with it, but let me save you from the delusional thoughts of mou staying around for 5 or 6 seasons like the sheep were tricked into thinking.

His greatest emotional tool to steer us around is gone, so now we have football left to play, and that's when you realize we never quite learned to play football. Dont you find it alarming that we have looked incredibly worrying against the two only equally gifted teams we have played in the past 2 seasons outside of barcelona? that's where i hold my trial, the dortmund, bayern and even city of this world. disjointed, unable to build attacks, failing to handle pressure, failure to ascertain superiority. And we have become so good against barca only thanks to playing about a 100 games vs them.

Mou is a master at hedging odds on his side by signing the most expensive pieces of players in football, just so that he can get by with being an average team builder. His way of playing football is a pure reflection of his lack of creative thoughts when it comes to building system and team play. When it gets hard, play dwo DMs, kick the ball far out to the forward, run up and down, break the middle, just kick it forward far and out. Whenever we have faced a side that knows how to handle the football, a side where the emotional pull was nothing close to that of barcelona, a squad about as gifted in talents and even less sometimes, we have looked asinine for the supposed super team we are, and it's not something that started this season. When i rang the alarm bell last year, i sounded like a grumpy fan never happy, after all the team was winning, but it's never about just getting the result like i said.

Building a side with two retard players in your attacking 3 with Ronaldo on one side and Di Maria on the other is a crazy thing i say that again. should we get into a failed transfer policy that see us spending millions but not getting dramatically better and handling games or having different ways to play?

If a manager has lost the bond with his players, if he cant get them up to play anymore, to believe in a common goal, then it doesnt matter how good he is, he should go. players under performing is a direct result of the kind of disarray that goes on in that locker room. We all know they are better. they might be professional, but mourinho more that anyone will tell you that dealing with emotions is absolutely key in winning and achieving things. I just believe he cant do it anymore.

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:24 pm

sportsczy wrote:Just listening to a lot of football interviews by managers in Spain, they use "estar" almost all the time when describing the game or players. That's because playing football is an active thing... you usually use "ser" to describe something passive or absolute.

You're overthinking this a lot. We're not talking about people who speak with literary precision here. They're football people.

They don't need to be college profesors to use the language right. In fact the vast majority of native speaker uses the verb correctly regardless of their education. Mourinho is an educated intelligent person whose first language is almost identical to spanish and that uses the verbs in the exact same form as we do. There is no way he would confuse their use.

And this is not reading to much in to it. Despite the fact that people that don't speak spanish regularly may think those differences are minimnal they are not to us, and the difference in meaning is obvious for everybody. Now, no member of the spanish press is mocking Mourinho for making such a ridiculous and wild claim such as "adan is better than Iker". You know why? because he never did. This is another "ibrahimovic has deceived me" situation. Foreign press and bad translations. but never happened.

Last edited by Nirgall on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:33 pm

I took this from spanish.about.com

Estar: To indicate a state or condition, often one resulting from a change:

Examples: Estaba enferma. (She was sick.) Estoy muy triste. (I am very sad.)

Ser:With adjectives to indicate inherent, innate or essential characteristics: This typically means to describe the essential nature of something, not how something might be at a particular moment.
La casa es grande. The house is big.
Soy feliz. I am happy by nature.
Las hormigas son negras. Ants are black.
La nieve es fría. Snow is cold.

look I have to go to eat, but my idea is not to argue with anybody, I'm just pointing out a mistranslation that from my point of view should be obvious for any native spanish speaker, but if you don't want to believe me, it's your choice. Keep believing Mou lost it completely. It's up to you.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:37 pm

Go back this time last year and Mourinho was estar reincarnation of Jesus. Am I doing this right? :bow:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:51 pm

Goal.com reading GL? "at the moment" ... hmm

Mou has lost his mind - Page 10 Mou10
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:56 pm

what 5-6 years nick? this is his 3rd season and you dont even want him to finish it. thats stupid for me

i can get where everyone ic coming from if they want him gone at the end of the season, but now it will only harm the team, you cant just expect a new coach to arrive and do some magic and win the CL do you? cause the league is already over, there is only one di matteo and that one was damn lucky.
mourinho still ruining madrid's image and prestige; let it be at least for the next half, no harm done.

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:58 pm

Mou's largest issue is his ego and his management style. The team has be to be all about him and he needs to be sole dictator. Well, that won't fly in Madrid. Madrid's resume dwarfs Mou's, so we don't revere him. He can't bully all the players because many of them have equal or better resumes than he does. He can't be sole dictator because of Spanish heroes like Iker, Alonso and Ramos.

At Porto, Chelsea and Inter, he had good sides no doubt. But the biggest thing was that those clubs neither had as strong an existing culture as Madrid nor the resume.

I hand it to Mou... he was able to usurp more power than i thought was possible. But in the end, his ego pushed him too far. You don't do the following:

1- Bench world and club legend who is the captain of NT and club. Not to mention, he's miles better than Adan.

2- Lie to players who are superstars and can just turn you off.

3- Make such a politically charged decision of benching Casillas before asking or at least notifying the club that you're making such a decision.

The guy is an underdog manager. He wants the atmosphere of "us against the world" and "nobody thought we could do it". Well this is Madrid. We are the world and we expect to do it every year. Doesn't mean we will obviously... but that's the culture.

Good bye and don't let the door hit you on the way out Mou.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:00 pm

Dudes, nirgal is completely right, the translation should be 'Adan is at the moment in better form than casillas'.

I understand sportczy not knowing that, but danyjr you are supposed to speak Spanish.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:02 pm

If I ask you "how are you?", which reply will you choose:

• "I am good"
  • "I am good at the moment"
  • "I am currently well"

The guy acts like there's a massive difference between the two languages, and then criticises people's Spanish for not having realised the "obvious". Or maybe he's just pissed off at me because Boca finished above River Plate Smile
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:04 pm

free_cat wrote:Dudes, nirgal is completely right, the translation should be 'Adan is at the moment in better form than casillas'.

I understand sportczy not knowing that, but danyjr you are supposed to speak Spanish.
I'm not criticising it. Nirgall keeps talking about 'form' which has got nothing to do with what Mourinho said.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:09 pm

He might have implied it tho. I dont like how fans decide the fate of managers tbh. No wonder noone can keep his job for more than 3 years. Disgraceful
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:11 pm

Nirgal is right, I don't have any interest in making mou appear less crazy, but his statement definitely doesn't mean 'Adan is better', it means that in this moment adan is in better form. Absolutely no one (except you it seams) that speaks Spanish has interpreted his sentence like that.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:16 pm

Yeah... like i said, "estar" represents the active in the sense that its fluid. "Ser" is used for absolutes. So, Mou's "Adan is better than Iker" statement is as of right now.

Still, Adan is not better than Iker today, yesterday, tomorrow or ever for that matter. I don't know how Mou can say that with a straight face when Adan makes errors everytime he plays... and last night was no exception with the 3rd goal.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:17 pm

Idiot wrote:what 5-6 years nick? this is his 3rd season and you dont even want him to finish it. thats stupid for me

i can get where everyone ic coming from if they want him gone at the end of the season, but now it will only harm the team, you cant just expect a new coach to arrive and do some magic and win the CL do you? cause the league is already over, there is only one di matteo and that one was damn lucky.
mourinho still ruining madrid's image and prestige; let it be at least for the next half, no harm done.
i am talking about those fantasizing that mou will stay around for years of course.

i will say it again, to me, his link with the captains and most of the players is broken, so there is no point to continue from this basis.

where did i say i am expecting some miracle lol, are you nuts?

all i am saying is, we might as well start rebuilding stuff now, because no mourinho sounds a lot better than what we have now. To me, we stand more chances with an interim coach that will at least change minds for the next couple of months.

you say that the league is over, so what do you want to keep him on? are u expecting some miraculous turn around?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:17 pm

Question if he really is in better form at the moment than Iker ?

He has played what like 2 games this season ?And i was told he had an uncomfortable night the other day against Ajax.

Mou is making this up.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:20 pm

"ser" and "estar" usage and differentiation was a nightmare for me to learn lol. I still don't always get it right.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:21 pm

Of course Adan is not in better form than casillas, bit the statement is less crazy as it really was, which wasn't at all 'he is better' but 'he is In better form'.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:37 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Idiot wrote:what 5-6 years nick? this is his 3rd season and you dont even want him to finish it. thats stupid for me

i am talking about those fantasizing that mou will stay around for years of course.

i will say it again, to me, his link with the captains and most of the players is broken, so there is no point to continue from this basis.

all i am saying is, we might as well start rebuilding stuff now, because no mourinho sounds a lot better than what we have now. To me, we stand more chances with an interim coach that will at least change minds for the next couple of months.

you say that the league is over, so what do you want to keep him on? are u expecting some miraculous turn around?
they qualified in the CL round of 16 when they were in a parallel disaster in the league
so what makes you think that their league footsteps will also show up in europe side as of today?
its a different competition and i believe whoever joins mid-table wont do a better job than him cause at the end of the day i know for a fact that the team and him will give their everything to win it cause its all thats left and the only way to fix things.

you just want instant turn-arround but you you know yourself you wont get it you will just fil up your joy by sacking a man you supposedly is destroying madrid, the madrid himself rised again.
just cause you even want karanka i realized that is more about sacking mou than caring about madrid's next half of the season
dat's okay.

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:44 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:

Mou was always more reknown for his two legged games instead of League anyway. Just the thing we need for CL.
Thats his speciality.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:49 pm

This thread should be nominated for thread of the year. So much entertainment!!!

Mou has lost his mind - Page 10 1000x500px-ll-b2fdb6ac_lozgr_gif_collection_of_someone_eating_popcorn
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:49 pm

still you dont understand lol, but it's aight. It's not about the team being coached again, there is no more coaching to be done, its about the minds being at peace, settled and better prepared for what lies ahead. Away from the needless shenanigans and useless "look at me" stints, because this is about a man putting himself ahead of a club, and it should never be that way. If i say Karanka or Toril, it's precisely because i know o miracle is to be expected, but at least those good guys our leaders love and respect will do all they can to appease minds and to make things steady for the next couple of months. That's what an interim is for, calm, which in my opinion is better than anything we have. Mourinho is not doing any coaching, any discussion turned on pure football evolution of our side will conclude he kinda failed over 3 seasons.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:52 pm

So Casillas = John Terry of La Liga

I didnt realize he was bigger than the team, but thats clear now

Last edited by Swanhends on Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:53 pm

Now your just wishing things for your way Laughing.

Sure lets get Karanka and Toril just for lulz.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:58 pm

Swanhends wrote:So Casillas = John Terry of La Liga

I didnt realize he was bigger than the team, but thats clear now

Mourinhio believes he is bigger than the team and the club as a whole. He's willing to sacrifice winning to carry out his own personal battles.

Casillas is merely an important part of both.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next