Chievo Vs As Roma

+2
flameas
Lupi
6 posters

Go down

Chievo  Vs As Roma  Empty Chievo Vs As Roma

Post by Lupi Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:26 am

Chievo always reminds me of water-polo and Its a bad luck that Roma always have to face them about this time of the year , Last year they had an exceptional Bradley in Chievo's side but that no longer the case . A victory is needed ahead of two important fixtures against Milan and Napoli this game is as important as any other .

Zeman used Romagnoli-Marquinhos partnership on training despite the tactical and technical point of view looking , that is the youngest Cd partnership ive ever seen in a professional football team at this level

Chievo  Vs As Roma  Cieszy_sie_roma
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Chievo  Vs As Roma  Empty Re: Chievo Vs As Roma

Post by flameas Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:59 am

Still should play Castan. Hes good.

I wonder, how and where will DDR play, if Tach also plays? And Lamela - is he still out?
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:21 pm

Menez. :bow:
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:59 pm

I think Lamela should hit the bench for a game or two, even though Destro was off his game against Fiorentina.

The DDR inclusion will be a touchy one. We have did very well in our 5 games basically without him.

I think he hits the bench for this game, and is given a substitute apperance in the second half ala Fiorentina.

More controversy will arise, and transfer rumors will heat up again concerning him.

Zeman has always played the most inform players, and media pressure doesn't seem to sway his judgement.

Chievo has will be a tough match for us. Pellisier, Moscardelli and Sorrentino always seem to play their best against us.

Hopefully we can hit them hard in the first 45 mins, have a comfortable lead and coast to victory, but as with Roma this is the perfect slip up game.

Nevertheless, I'm excited to say the least, the last 6-7 matches have been a pleasure to watch.

Ps. I still miss Menez.

So far, Marquinos is looking to be our best piece of business last mercato. This kid is 18, and hasn't look the least bit out of place in Serie A. Granted, our defense is top 5 worst in the league, but I've been really impressed with his positioning and ability to play the ball from the back. I'm definitely a fan, and I think he will only get better.

Does Stek start? I hope so, tbh.
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:48 pm

DDR played well against Atalanta in Coppa.

And I dont want Stek. With him our defense were like headless chickens. That young lad commands the area very well.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:21 pm

Stek actually looked really good against Atalanta and made some super stops. I do agree that Goico has a better and more natural rapport with the defensive because of the South American ties, but Stek is the better and more experienced keeper though. I see him starting.

Also agree with Narbez on Marquinhos....looking like one of the best CB prospects in the league at the moment. Such a cool head on his shoulders under pressure, fearless in the tackle and with the ball at his feet as well as intelligent in the pass. He's got everything needed to be the next big thing defensively if he can keep learning.

We need industry and energy in midfield against a gritty side like Chievo. DDR will be needed, but also think Florenzi as well. Would like to see them alongside Bradley in midfield, with Panas coming on later in the game.

Lamela should not be risked for this game imo. Chievo are a decent side, but known for their tough tackling. Not exactly the right game for him to come back in. Pjanic is likely to play despite his knock so either he or Destro will get the nod alongside Osvaldo and Totti.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:56 pm

Here we go then -

ROMA
(4-3-3) Goicoechea; Piris, Marquinhos, Castan, Balzaretti; Bradley, Tachtsidis, Florenzi; Pjanic, Osvaldo, Totti.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:03 pm

Zeman doesnt change a winning team it seams. Razz Little nervous about this game Razz
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:28 pm

The ref hates us it seems.. that was not a yellow for Castan..
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:40 pm

:facepalm: marquinho injured , the pitch is not playable
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:44 pm

We seem to always get those conditions.. this is pathetic. Cant see a thing

Two penalties not given, game allowed to go on in these conditions, maybe an offside goal.. typical italian refereeing
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:58 pm

Bergonzi ffs.....terrible officiating all game...we got very few big calls, a penalty call denied and on top of that, his team missed Pelissier being offside for Chievo's goal.

He's the only one I blame for this loss...not the team, not Zeman, not Chievo, hell not even the fog....just awful from him

Florenzi was our best player on the day though at least...full of energy and zest. it was great to see Lamela back on the pitch at least.

Oh well...on to Milan then, who destroyed Pescara today (take it with a grain of salt).
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:02 pm

Milan will be tough, mostly because Castan and maybe even Marquinhos is out of that fixture.. Burdisso will make an error.. I just know that.

flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:55 pm

I was going to mention that I thought Bergonzi was one of the best Referees in Serie A, but really apart from a few incidents, I liked the way the game was called.

Although I love Totti to death, he does get away with a lot in a game, mostly due to reputation I suspect. I think up until the Totti yellow, things were going smooth.

Bergonzi doesn't seem to get caught up in the moment like other refs.

Although Pellisiers goal was offiside, that was the fault of the one line ref, that also called a few wrong offsides for Chievo and miscalled a throw in off of Balzaretti that should have been a Verona ball.

Chievo has always been a tough side for us to play. Sorrentino stood on his head tonight. The biggest miss came from Osvaldo standing in no mans land when he should have been tapping in Bradleys cross.

They took Totti out of the game tonight (man marked), and he lost his temper when hand balls and fouls didn't go his way. (rightly, I might add).

I'm not sure this was a complete case of reffing disaster as much as Roma didn't know how to deal with a team like Chievo who matched their work ethic all night.

Why didn't De Rossi take the armband when Totti went off? Was it that his days are numbered, or that Osvaldo had been on the pitch the entire match?

Shocking.

Bradley had a off game tonight. Many misplaced passes, and lost out on more balls then usual to Rigoni.

Piris I thought had a good game, he was able to switch the play from right to left to Balzaretti, and was almost always making menacing runs down the right, and was able to get back.

Florenzi is full of running, but his final touches can get better, and will with more time. He made a few Totti esque touch to Balzaretti which nearly ended in the net a few times tonight.

I'm looking forward to Milan now, and I think we will destroy them.
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:09 pm

Level-headed as always, Narbez. Good post.

I personally think we had enough chances to make them account against Chievo, we just didn't take them. They defended very well, pressured the ball all game, and broke quickly on the counter, causing quite a few problems.

This type of in-your-face play is perfect against a team like ours. Zeman said it himself against Fiorentina that they "let us play". Chievo did the exact opposite and this was the result.

Milan will no doubt have taken notes about this game so we're going to have to find a way to grind out results when faced with teams like this.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:07 am

its the 9th point i think we had lost duo to the bad weather condition , some on Zeman figure it out already
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:12 am

castan suspended for Milan , Marquinhos is injured , will we see DDR at defence again?
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:36 am

Referee 1- Roma 0 rofl
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:07 pm

A little late, but Bergonzi was a disaster in this one. Zeman rightly refused to speak to the media after the game. I would have lost it as well, just like Totti said.

For the armband situation that Narbez mentioned, De Rossi would have gotten it, but apparently according to the rules, it had to go to Osvaldo. Before each game, when the coach hands in the starting 11, he has to hand in the names of captain and vice captain. Since De Rossi started on the bench, he couldn't be named vice captain for the match, therefore it was Osvaldo. No big deal, aside from the blasphemy that is Osvaldo wearing the captain's armband.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:48 pm

http://www.laroma24.it/archivio/77360/errori-arbitrali-la-piu-penalizzata-e-la-roma-sarebbe-seconda-dietro-la-juve.html
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:01 pm

Didn't a similar table for last season also put you very high up? Laughing

Roma always getting screwed
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:26 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Didn't a similar table for last season also put you very high up? Laughing

Roma always getting screwed

well we got Zeman and Foreign ownership that combination grantees bad refereeing

however the only game that these refereeing problems made me mad was Juventus game that none of their 3 goals were Valid
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down