InterMalia
Lupi
flameas
McLewis
10 posters

Go down

Roma v  Chievo Empty Roma v Chievo

Post by McLewis Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:55 am

I think the first thing we need to do with this game is forget about the records we're setting. Chievo have caused us trouble at home before (Cyril Thereau's winner last year instantly comes to mind). They may be at the bottom of the table, but they are still a dangerous side when they're in the mood.

Maicon's suspended and Totti's definitely out. There have been reports that Gervinho may be able to make it back for this match, but it would be unwise to rush him back so quickly. Last thing we need is 3 crocked strikers for long periods of time.

Beyond those 3, we're likely to see the same XI as against Udinese. Could see Torosidis slotting in at RB, which is going to help given that he's capable of stretching play like he did with Udinese. If we have width, we can devastate Chievo, who will come to the Olimpico, looking to play very tight and compact.

I've not predicted any game so far this season so I'm not going to start now.

Let's just win.

Daje Roma
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Roma v  Chievo Empty Re: Roma v Chievo

Post by flameas Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:57 pm

Wont be a trashing but if we as patient as usual then we will win.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:11 pm

chievo is not a easy game , i dont know why they are at the bottom of table this year
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:27 pm

Form Guide: Roma (W W W W W) Chievo (L L L L L) Very Happy:D
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:43 pm

"As far as I am concerned, I wouldn’t complain if we put up barricades against Roma, though I doubt those would be enough. I just hope this game can be a turning point for us.” Chievo president
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:17 am

Roma at top of the table,Chievo bottom.Roma 9 straight wins,Chievo 5 straight losses.

Ironically feels like just the type of opponent to bring down Roma Laughing
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:14 am

Exactly why Garcia called this match "the toughest yet" for the team. Complacency and arrogance are the biggest threats to Roma now (and they've plagued this team for many years), even more so than Chievo themselves.

We have to remain humble and play them exactly as we played Inter and Napoli.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:48 pm

Looks like a slippery game for Roma

Chievo need to start getting points now to even think about staying up and this early in the season that is awful.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:55 pm

Still think zchievo are a fantastic team.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:21 pm

Think you're mistaking Chievo for Hellas Verona, their hated rivals (who also wear blue and yellow as their colors).

They are killing it at the moment. Good little outfit.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:47 pm

No.Chievo.I mean excellent as they are a bery hard test flr an big side.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:30 am

We haven't got a point from Chievo in three matches prior to today. This is the typical slip up, but my boy Borriello came to the rescue like I knew he would. Forza Roma
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:04 am

tricky match , what a treat , my kinda treat
my boy Florenzi made the goal cheers 
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gb Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:27 pm

The streak continues! Garcia and his team have proven to be capable of winning with a depleted squad and an injured Totti. There is no doubt in my mind that this team will achieve greatness this season. Forza Roma!
gb
gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:58 pm

I think we still need something special in the January transfer market if we seriosly wanna challenge for the Scudetto. Replacing Burdisso is the first priority, a striker the second. Unless Destro will come back and start scoring like he did when he was at Siena.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gb Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:05 pm

We only have the league and coppa Italia to play for this season so I don't think any reinforcements are needed unless a player goes down with a serious injury. Let's see how well jedvaj and romanogli do playing in defense to evaluate their progress. I would definitely see if we could sell burdisso and marquinho, and replace them with players in the same position.
gb
gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:37 pm

"Roma’s American owners have already stated their could be upwards of €50 million made available for reinforcements in the January mercato, if the club still have a legitimate chance of winning the title."
http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/10/romas-scudetto-to-lose/

a CMF would not be bad either. We have 5 players (if we count Florenzi too) for 3 spots - DDR, Strootman, Pjanic, Bradley, Florenzi. Marquinho is awful in midfield.

And I would consider a move for a GK. De Sanctis is error-prone. We have been lucky (for example the shot he spilled and Chievo player was trying to get to the lose ball, taken down by Benatia - it was an obvious penalty, but we were saved by offside).

Names linked so far : Shaqiri, Ben Afra, Mario Suarez, Leandro Paredes, Michah Richards
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:19 pm

Marquinho is as good as gone. Garcia gave him a chance last night and he didn't even look close to taking it. He's made a marginally better impact on games as a sub.

With Jed and Romagnoli as our young backups behind, Benatia and Castan, I do agree that we need another CB since Burdisso might just move on in January. Been a long time since an Englishman has played in Serie A so that would be interesting in regards to Richards. I do think between Maicon and Toro, we should be ok though at RB. It's LB where we might need some help. Quality LBs in January are at a premium though so that's always a tough prospect.

Another CM or DM wouldn't hurt for depth in midfield either. Mario Suarez is a decent player in that regard. No way Newcastle are letting go of Ben Arfa though it would be a great move for him personally. Think he could do really well under Garcia's tutelage. His attitude can be a problem though as he's prone to petulance.

Destro will feel like a new signing up front. Since we can't get Paredes until the summer and I highly doubt Bayern are letting Shaqiri go in either window, I think we'll need to search for striking options inside of Serie A or Ligue 1.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:42 pm

At the end it all depends are we willing to spend money. Every player has a price.

Some young italian talent would be welcomed also. There is two months to go - lets see when we are then
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DiRocco Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:05 pm

I dont know if we should consider Florenzi part of the CMF crew anymore...He is showing his true worth up farther on the field. He brings a ballance to the attacking midfield / wing that no other player does. His ability to make runs off the ball and get in dangerous attacking positions is revealing itself and there is no way I would play him in CMF anymore. Trequartista is the closest he should get to CMF unless injuries happen. (PRENDELLI, give him a shot in the 'hole'. he wont let you down.) Yes he could play in CMF because hes that good...But he shouldnt.

A CB and a striker are a must I believe. While I admire Boriellos work ethic and team play, you just get the feeling against the big teams hes not quite up to speed anymore. ...Possibly a young skilled CMF in case of injuries. Dodo is starting to come into his own and will only get better.
DiRocco
DiRocco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:20 pm

Dodo looked good against Chievo. Im happy for him, he deserved the chance
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:14 pm

Agree on Florenzi. Even at Crotone and with the primavera, his biggest impact was at AM and not CM. A lot of people refer to him as "Perrotta with skill", but I think he's a much more versatile player and overall different player.

Kid has a dynamism about him that Perrotta, for all of his industry, didn't have more often than not.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down