McAgger
The Franchise
dmize
Gil
Blue Barrett
26 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 37 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:06 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Miami on 15 now. Do you guys think they'll beat Clippers' 17 game run from earlier in the season??

Yes they will, Indiana on Sunday will be tough.. Of they win it I think they will get to 20 in a row

LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 37 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:29 am

Indy on Sunday, that should be a great game

They can throw out that Hibbert, West, Stephenson, George and Hill line which defensively trouble the HEAT very badly.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:35 am

https://twitter.com/CourtneyLee2211/status/309150812725207040
"Eye is coo! Not sure how it want a and1 but oh well!Highlight of the night, JRU came to me and @avery_bradley and ask us to cool the Defense"

Jrue asking Lee and Bradley to tone it down rofl Not the 1st time that's happened, Jameer Nelson told Bradley the same thing last season. Sad.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:04 pm

Did anyone watch Laker v Hornets??

Some childish defensive play at the end by the Hornets. I have no clue what they were doing. I'll post the video if I find it. Basically in one play the Lakers were in-bounding the ball and for some reason all 5 of the hornets players were by the Lakers free throw line. Kobe just broke away for an easy dunk when the game was on the line. Another play Meeks was standing all by behind the arc while all 5 Hornets players were defending the other side of the arc.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:36 pm

Can someone please post a gif of that alley opp pass some Jamal Crawford to Blake Griffin...

Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:11 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Did anyone watch Laker v Hornets??

Some childish defensive play at the end by the Hornets. I have no clue what they were doing. I'll post the video if I find it. Basically in one play the Lakers were in-bounding the ball and for some reason all 5 of the hornets players were by the Lakers free throw line. Kobe just broke away for an easy dunk when the game was on the line. Another play Meeks was standing all by behind the arc while all 5 Hornets players were defending the other side of the arc.

Yeah I saw it, it was school by stuff Laughing

Gotta give the Lakers credit from rallying from like 25 down, Kobe went nuts with like 42 7 and 15. Shame the Lakers are so bad, he is having a masterful season when you consider how old he is.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:20 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Did anyone watch Laker v Hornets??

Some childish defensive play at the end by the Hornets. I have no clue what they were doing.

Blatantly tanking is what they were doing.

Wasn't their initial intention since they got up by 20+ but once their lead started dissipating, it was obvious. Davis only played 17 mins, they took him out with 8 min left in the 4th an he never came back in. It was either tanking or the worst coaching I've ever seen.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:08 pm

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 37 Lobcity_medium

Maybe I have not watching enough basketball over the last couple of years, but I found that alley-oop to be epic.

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:49 pm

Teams should get fined for tanking tbh. We know they all want better odds in the lottery but goddam I feel bad for the fans and or other teams that actually fight for the playoffs. But I can't complain that much, my own Warriors were purposely tanking last season to keep our pick.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:51 pm

btw Heat with the 17th :bow: :bow: How far can they take this?? If they beat Indiana, they have a pretty easy next 10 games.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:19 am

Its the easy teams they are most likely to lose to.

Look what happened with Orlando.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:36 am

Dani, do you think that comes down to complacency? If not, what would you chalk it up to?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:10 am

Its pretty common with some teams, Kobe and Gasols Lakers were the same and I think it applies in various sports.

Some teams just play down to the level of the opponant sometimes.

It makes sense. If for example Lebron is guarding Paul Peirce..he knows, if he doesnt do all the details, close out on his shots and not give up the drive to his right hand, not jump on his shot fakes, dont leave him unguarded to help on someone else....then Peirce will destroy him.

However, if Lebron is guarding lets say...Cory Brewer....he aint so worried about what he can do, he will neglect those small details at times and thats where maybe Brewer hits some shots, gets hot and starts getting his confidence up.

To play in the league, you have had to be good at some point..everyone can play..you give them the chance and you never know. And once they get rolling you cant always stop them.

Its a mental thing I guess.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:21 am

I agree with just about every point, but I would argue that it is irrelevant in the sense that no one cares (maybe some do, but they should not) about winning streaks and breaking the record for regular seasons wins. It is probably not the worst idea to mentally (and physically) check out of game in the regular season because we all know how intense the playoffs get.

Take the Colts and Peyton Manning for example: he might be the greatest regular season quarterback of all time, but he only has one ring to show for it. The Giants on the other hand have never been close to have a perfect season with Eli Manning, they just find a way to show up when it matters the most. They managed to lose two games against the Washington RG III-less Redskins that season in which they beat the Patriots in the superbowl and while I cannot remember how their regular season was when they won that first ring, I just know that they managed to beat a team that no one could touch that entire season.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:29 am

Sure, thats another factor too probably. Its a VERY long season, to get up for every game is hard. And when your the HEAT, most teams really try and give you their best because they know they are with the champs.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:31 am

I would even argue the Heat got the best of everyone before they won that ring (a lot of that was brought on by their actions). You always hear about teams like the Spurs who do not mind flying under the radar while other teams get the attention.

I would love to sit down and pick you brain with a few other Goal Legacy members - just remind me to bring a pen, pad and a recording device.

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

I missed the game but HOLY MAMBA just watched the highlights. Kobe killed Toronto at the end. Hit 3 three pointers to send it to overtime and then Dunked in the winner :bow: :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:25 am

Kobe is something else really.......this is why he is so special, there is no player in the game today who is capable of doing what he did vs the Raptors...not one.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:34 am

The Franchise wrote:Kobe is something else really.......this is why he is so special, there is no player in the game today who is capable of doing what he did vs the Raptors...not one.

Not only against the Raptors , he basically won us every game after the all-star break ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:53 pm

HEAT destroyed the Pacers. That wasn't even a contest Laughing 18th straight. They have very favorable schedule. I do hope this run goes far, maybe even tingle Lakers' 33 a little.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:30 am

They are playing at a really high level, giving us a glimpse of their playoff form.. Give them the championship already :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:51 am

My lord.

Last edited by The Franchise on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:19 am

I can't access that clip for some reason, I'm assuming its Knight getting raped by DJ lol.. Over took Derozen's for dunk of the year IMO
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:07 am

Bit off a push off offensive foul but wow.

Knight got baptized.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:37 am

Nice dunk, but dunk of the year it is not. A 6'11 265lber dunking on a 6'3 190lber, nah.

Respect to Knight for even challenging that, 90% of PGs would've got out the way. Sad that in this backwards ass NBA culture today(twitter/media), he's chastised for even trying to stop that.

Lesson being there's no reward for trying to stop dunks, just get out the way.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:10 am

It was vicious though, doesn't matter who it was on for me lol.. When I saw it I was thinking it was a throw in dunk, but when he actually touched the rim I almost jumped out of my seat

Anyways I was in Chicago this past weekend, went to pay homage at the Jordan statue while I was there.. It's amazing

I can post pics if anyone is interested
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next