RealGunner
Eman
Raptorgunner
SamuelJayC
Jay29
31 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Arsenal 3 - 3 Fulham: *headdesk* - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal 3 - 3 Fulham: *headdesk*

Post by Sina 11/11/2012, 01:21

Aneke Very Happy

also massive Lulz at ppl comparing Giroud and Chamakh
did you see his long range effort

couple of more performances like this
and he will be flying high

Giroud+Podolski=11 goals sofar not bad for underperforming flops :coffee:
haters keep hating

Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 3 - 3 Fulham: *headdesk* - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal 3 - 3 Fulham: *headdesk*

Post by VendettaRed07 11/11/2012, 01:24

Raptorgunner wrote:
VendettaRed07 wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:the arsenal board have announced that if things dont improve soon season ticket prices will increase.

Hill Wood "If we dont make Cl, the fans have to pay double the price"
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Most expensive seats in the world yet that isn't even enough?

I am just joking but wont be surprised if they do it though.
:facepalm:
Normally I would have known you were kidding but after today I guess I'll believe anything No
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner 11/11/2012, 01:27

international friendlies coming up, there is a big chance we will lose the NLD.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina 11/11/2012, 01:29

for the love of God
VDB dont use cazorla plz silent

although even travelling will take its tool Evil or Very Mad

Arteta will bail us out on occasions
he's forgiven
Top man

In 1992-93 and 1994-95 we had 17 points after 11 games in both seasons and we finished 10th and 12th respectively.

doing the impossible yet again :bow:
Go Gunners Heart
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 11/11/2012, 01:37

Arteta is allowed to have bad games. It happens.

Unfortunately, no one else was playing well enough to bail him out.

Giroud has been impressive lately and I hope we continue to give him the right sort of service. His second goal was an excellent header.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS 11/11/2012, 01:53

That rant you pasted in was indeed from a guy I actually follow on twitter. Quite frankly, he was spot on!!!

We were at 6s & 7s at times today. Ruiz was having a field day and we simply failed to stamp our authority on the game. Far too many gaps between players and the defence, midfield and forward line. If you're to compare our defensive in the first few games to recent games, the disparity is alarming. It's as though Bould has been relieved of his defensive tuition duties; I actually read that there had been a some sort of "tiff" between Bould & Wenger. If so then that's really disappointing.

Ramsey for Coquelin was strange decision to be honest. Notwithstanding, Fulham were still looking like good value for money. We really need to get to xmas still in touch with the top 4 as the like of West Brom and Everton could potentially open up a lead Shocked
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner 11/11/2012, 02:03

Is this true?
"In Arsène We Trust" banner not at the Emirates anymore.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina 11/11/2012, 02:06

i think 40000 ppl are in waiting list
so if those **** who boo their own team at half time arent happy
many would relish the opportunity

1 - Headed goals by Giroud in Ligue Un last season (courtesy Orbinho)
2 - Headed goals by Giroud in the Premier League this season

Afro
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 11/11/2012, 02:45

What the eff is wrong with Arsenals defense? Wenger and Steve needs work alot on defending, specially from set pieces.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 11/11/2012, 04:20

Raptorgunner wrote:No expecting any changes.

Wenger" We have a big squad, if find a quality player that can help us I will look in to it"

Wenger" Diaby and Rosicky are like new signing"

Hill Wood "we are in good financial position if we dont make the CL"

Gazidis " there is 50m for Wenger to spend"

Thumbs up so true...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom 11/11/2012, 06:01

That Twitter rant was brilliant.

It's pretty much what I was trying to say in an earlier thread about us not replacing players properly.

There are many problems with our team.

1. Defence. Although we need a left back as Gibbs is another one who can't stay fit, I don't think it's down the the personnel. Kos and Vermy are top quality centre backs. Merty has about 1,000 caps for Germany so he can't be all bad. They're just not being set up properly. For me, we have a coaching issue that needs addressing. We cannot defend crosses and Merty seems to step out at the wrong time. Never once seen him do that for Germany. Our early season success was down to the oppositon not realising we had gone to zonal marking. Everyone now knows and they are finding it quite easy to cause problems for us at set plays.

2. Midfield. Song was sold and Wenger thought Diaby would be his replacement. Diaby is 10x the player Song will ever be. Just one problem. He can break his arm putting a T-shirt on. I really rate Diaby. One of the best CM in world football for me. But he's not been fit for about 6 years. I can't see him playing consistently ever again. We need a new CM. A beast. Arteta is an excellent footballer but can get knocked off the ball at times. Coquelin looks good but is still learning his trade. Ramsey is technically good when on form but is wildly inconstistent. We can't rely on him for a season. Wilshere is top quality though.

3. Strikers: Our problems are obvious to me. We buy Giroud. Anyone can look on Youtube and see his goals from last season. I swear, I don't think I saw a goal scored with his feet. All headers. I'm sure he got the odd one with his foot, but I must have missed it. He needs crosses. He's a bit taller than Andy Carroll and heavier. He's also quicker. He's a beast. He needs crosses. Surely Wenger knew this? Did he just look at the goal scoring charts in France and say ''Hey, let's buy him'' without watching how he actually scores goals? I'm sure he did, but why didn't we start putting in crosses for him unitl midweek? Unbelievable. Walcott and Poldi both want to play CF. Both could do that imo. Poldi has already proven himself there for previous clubs and country.

4. Formation: The biggest goal threat and focal point of your team (unless you are Spain or Barca) should be your main striker.
In essence, you work on a way of getting the ball into his favourite positions. RVP liked the diagonal ball over the top, or the ball played quickly and low accross the box. So, we started to feed him properly. Henry liked to drift out to the left side and cut inside or cross for others. He also liked to wait on the shoulders of the last man and wait for a long hoof over the top to chase. He scored all types of goals and we had the common sense to feed him with what worked.
With Giroud, unless Walcott plays, we try and get him involved in tippy tappy on the edge of the box and don't put crosses in for him. He must be thinking ''Why the *bleep* did you buy me?'' I'm not saying we hoof it up to him at every opportunity, but work the ball wide and get the wide men to PRACTICE THEIR FOOKIN CROSSING! I'm not great but even I don't overhit crosses for throw ins or hit the first man. EVEN MINE go into the box. So, for 50-100k per week why the FOOK can't our players? It's incredible.
We need TWO out and out wide men to get the best out of Giroud. And he needs support as he can't always score but he could knock the ball down for another who has a good strike on him (Theo or Poldi).

Basically, Giroud will score a shit load in a 4-4-2 with wingers/full backs who can provide decent service.

We have plenty of wide players but only Arshavin and Sagna can cross a ball. Maybe they should show the rest of them how to effin' do it.

5. Manager's stubborness: Been done to death but it's not funny anymore. He does have his little favourites. Remember Almunia? At the moment it's Ramsey. He seems to get obsessed with the most out of form player. Ramsey isn't all bad but he probably doesn't want to play right now. He needs to get his sh.t together first. He also won't change our formation or approach play. Against Fulham I did see a few crosses go in the box and I almost fainted in shock. Maybe he's changing. I hope so.
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg 11/11/2012, 07:15

I think this is our best line up when everyone is fit.
Szczesny
Sagna Per Vermaelen Gibbs
Wilshere Diaby
Cazorla
Walcott AoC
Giroud

When Diaby is out Coquelin should step in, although I think Coquelin will leave next year for more playing time as Wenger has a thing for Ramsey I don't know why.
Arteta is not in the team although he could easily go in place of Wilshere, Arteta is 30 years old and in the current system is being asked to have the work rate of someone 20-25 which is why Man United and Fulham have targeted him when he has the ball.

In January if we want to even think about top four we need a LB, DM and possibly another wide player.
I think Giroud is good enough but he has barely has any decent service from out wide unless Walcott has been playing, he should be given until the end of the season before we sign another CF.

I still believe we have quality players in defence just that the Midfield has not been playing their part in defending and been turning the ball over a lot leading to teams getting into 3v4 situations against our defence, this is backed up by our possession stats lately which have been no where near what they have been in the past seasons.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 11/11/2012, 08:02

Just by seeing the tables and results you can feel like..
Arsenal-Fulham 3-3
hell of a match between two 'MIDTABLE teams' decided by a last minute penalty..hmm
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 11/11/2012, 08:45

great post by Furious there..Thumbs up
yeah.. we either need to buy players who can play the Arsenal tiki-taka way.. or play according to the strengths of players like Giroud, Podolski, Chamakh, etc..
i would still love the first option.. but there is no use trying that with players like Giroud, Podolski, Gervinho, etc...
Last game was for those guys who thought Giroud was poor.. we play to his strengths, he is a top quality player... silent

Dont know what has happened to the defence.. Our defence was never organised.. but used to escape with the individual brilliance of Vermaelen and Koscielny..
Bould changed some tactics and it was supposed to be better.. It looked good in the initial few games.. But now it looks that those changes were for worst.. Arsenal 3 - 3 Fulham: *headdesk* - Page 4 2276801876
After seeing that Berbatovs first goal.. Bould, its enough.. you have to do something and fix it atleast to last seasons standards... Clubber
Lets not compromise our strengths by trying to rectify the weakness... Neutral
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom 11/11/2012, 09:09

Sign him Arsene.

Arsenal 3 - 3 Fulham: *headdesk* - Page 4 Real6
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom 11/11/2012, 09:13

Imagine this. We have the cash to do it. Assumming AW will not abandon the 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3.

Szczesney
Sagna Vermy Kos Baines

Wilshere Fellani

Walcott Cazorla Poldi

Giroud

We have the cash. Everton will sell for the right amount. No excuses. It needs to be done. And without selling anyone.
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider 11/11/2012, 10:23

2 years ago i would've said that our team is young and need experience in order to keep 2 goal lead or control the match or even defend as a *bleep* team

but now i don't know what to say really we only have names on the ground i wont name names because it is the same starting lineup since the start of the season

I actually don't know what Arsenal needs any more , if we bought villa is he going to be a solution ?! if we bought DM is he going to be a solution ?!

I just know one thing we need " history" in our team , Arsene should ( BUY ) Henry back , a club legend + LEADER who can lift the spirits of the team again

I don't think walcott will leave when he have the chance to play with his idol before he retires
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 11/11/2012, 11:19

Actually, Giroud scored more with his feet than he did with his head at Montpellier, and did so spearheading a 4-2-3-1, not a 4-4-2.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev 11/11/2012, 11:50

GoonerJay29 wrote:
VendettaRed07 wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:the arsenal board have announced that if things dont improve soon season ticket prices will increase.

Hill Wood "If we dont make Cl, the fans have to pay double the price"
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Most expensive seats in the world yet that isn't even enough?

Raptor is bullshitting, Rev.

Rev ? hmm

I forgive you, must be the frustration. Laughing

On the subject, I pretty much agree with everyone's opinion around here.

Everyone at the club needs to look into the mirror and ask themselves:

-Am I doing everything for this club?
-What are my ambitions,my goals?
-Am I content with the things are as now?

First of all, there should be a change in mentality.

Being satisfied with a TOP 4 finish isn't enough for a club of this stature, even though our players are not up to scratch at the moment.

Do you remember Redknapp's comments about Spurs possibly winning the league?

Most of us thought he was a madman, and while it's arguable that he himself didn't believe those words, he had a way to motivate and show them the path he wants to walk with that Spurs team.

Frankly, Wenger's typical,boxed,predictable interviews are getting on my nerves, and I wish he would show more bite and resolution thus motivating not only the players, but everyone at Arsenal FC.
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 11/11/2012, 12:10

I get you two confused for some reason. scratch

Sorry about that.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom 11/11/2012, 12:58

GoonerJay29 wrote:Actually, Giroud scored more with his feet than he did with his head at Montpellier, and did so spearheading a 4-2-3-1, not a 4-4-2.

Apologies if I'm wrong on that one. I really shouldn't listen to the 'experts' on TV. In saying that, I did see a youtube vid titled something like 'Olivier Giroud, welcome to Arsenal' in which almost every goal was a headed goal. So putting those two together (yeah, I know youtube Laughing ) I came up with that.

However, I will say he does need crosses and he is lethal in the air. So we need to play to his strengths.

I'm also convinced we should go in for Fellaini. I don't think he's out of our reach. He has already annoyed Moyes by saying he wants to leave in Jan for a big club.

Despite what we may think, we are still a big club. And I think we will make the top 4.

The only obstacles are the possibility of Utd or Chelsea moving for him as well. Utd look a little thin in CM and are more likely to bid than Chelsea.

We'll lose a bidding war with Utd so we need to move the second the window opens.

Not sure of the cost but I think about 20 mill will secure his services. Alongside JW I can see nobody bullying us out of it. If we need a late goal, imagine the panic throwing Fellaini up front will cause.

Please, please, please, please, please Wenger go get him.
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ 11/11/2012, 13:06

Fellaini would give us the best midfield in the league by a country mile. I'd say the same thing about a full-firing Diaby but as Rev pointed out, a traffic cone would be an apt comparison to our lanky Frenchman.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 11/11/2012, 13:13

Fellaini would be an awesome buy, but money aside, would he even want to join us in January? Everton will probably be in a better position for a top four finish than us.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. 11/11/2012, 13:13

Giroud only scored once with his head in Ligue 1 last season.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS 11/11/2012, 13:35

Feillani hype train hype train is moving at break neck speed; moreover, with Diaby's diabolical injury record and a boost in physicality, Feillani makes sense
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 11/11/2012, 13:59

Fellaini can be ideal steel man Arsenal need atm..
He wont come that cheap.. Chelsea and City may outbid us by offering him better prospects..
And regarding big club status, we are no better than Everton atm..
But he can make an instant impact and his PL experience will surely be a massive advantage..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next