furiouswindbottom
MJ
SUPERCARTTS
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What formation and why - Page 2 Empty Re: What formation and why

Post by furiouswindbottom Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:14 am

acro policies are dangerous? You need them to kick start the economy during downturns, micro policies only work in the loooooooooooong run.

Looks like Wenger has become a member of this site Laughing

furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:57 am

Furiouswindbottom :bow:
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:59 am

Heyhey, RG knows his economics as well Razz.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:35 pm

abirking wrote:The players available should play an important part when deciding on the formation. The fact is arsenal lacks players to play both the 4-3-3 or the 4-4-2 effectively. The 4-3-3 is best used when you have at least on good holding player and a good passer in the team. Both the 4-4-2 and the 4-3-3 needs good wingers to be successful in the final third.
Arsenal does not have a good holding player nor a genuine winger( calling walcott a winger is a disgrace to wingers).
A 4-4-1-1 would suit the team. Giroud could play as the CF with podolski playing of him. Cazorla and walcott will play wide with arteta and wilshere in the middle.
However this team will lack strength in the midfield to hold off physical attackers from the opposition.

How do you explain 2007/2008 with Hleb-Cesc-Flamini-Rosicky? How was it that the system was so effective without "good wingers". Yet instead we used "trequartista" style players as wingers.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:30 am

SUPERCARTTS wrote:How do you explain 2007/2008 with Hleb-Cesc-Flamini-Rosicky? How was it that the system was so effective without "good wingers". Yet instead we used "trequartista" style players as wingers.

The work rate of that midfield is quite massive and the quality in the final third of Rosicky, Hleb and Cesc is on a different level.
Rosicky and Hleb both intelligent hard working players which are quite strong with the ball at their feed and can make decent tackles.

The major weakness would be against a 433 formation where Wilshere and Arteta would be against three men and need to rely on Podolski to come back and help which we have seen on his current role as a LW he can not do effectively. Cazorla and Walcott have no where near the work rate or strength to do the role that Rosicky and Hleb did so effectively. The players would also take a lot of time to adjust to a formation and essentially learn a totally different position to what they have been playing for 3-5 years.

Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:39 am

4-3-3 is no good with Giroud up front. Yeh, he got two yesterday but he needs service from wide areas and someone to feed of his knock downs if he can't score (Poldi or Theo).

We may as well sell Giroud now unless we realise that HE NEEDS CROSSES!!!

4-4-2! 4-4-2! 4-4-2! I can keep this up all day Wenger. Are you listening?

Sorry for shouting. It's been a tough month for us all.
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:26 am

furiouswindbottom wrote:4-3-3 is no good with Giroud up front. Yeh, he got two yesterday but he needs service from wide areas and someone to feed of his knock downs if he can't score (Poldi or Theo).

We may as well sell Giroud now unless we realise that HE NEEDS CROSSES!!!

4-4-2! 4-4-2! 4-4-2! I can keep this up all day Wenger. Are you listening?

Sorry for shouting. It's been a tough month for us all.

hey man i dont care what formation we play. its just that every player should play in his suited position.

I hope gibbs and diaby make a speedy recovery. i miss gibbs runs on the left. podolski looked immense with him. how i miss cazorla, gibbs and podolski moves.

any ways this is my current favorite line up
Giroud
Podolski Walcot/Cazorla

Arteta Wilshere

Diaby/Coqulein

Vermalen/Santos Vermalen/kosc Merta/Djoru Sagna/Jenk

vito/

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:17 am

Emaharg wrote:
SUPERCARTTS wrote:How do you explain 2007/2008 with Hleb-Cesc-Flamini-Rosicky? How was it that the system was so effective without "good wingers". Yet instead we used "trequartista" style players as wingers.

The work rate of that midfield is quite massive and the quality in the final third of Rosicky, Hleb and Cesc is on a different level.
Rosicky and Hleb both intelligent hard working players which are quite strong with the ball at their feed and can make decent tackles.

The major weakness would be against a 433 formation where Wilshere and Arteta would be against three men and need to rely on Podolski to come back and help which we have seen on his current role as a LW he can not do effectively. Cazorla and Walcott have no where near the work rate or strength to do the role that Rosicky and Hleb did so effectively. The players would also take a lot of time to adjust to a formation and essentially learn a totally different position to what they have been playing for 3-5 years.

I totally see where you and Goonerjay are coming from. It's ashame because I feel there's a very small line between the likes of Cazorla, Arteta and Wilshere and Hleb, Rosicky and Cesc imo. Yet a couple of you guys feel there's a clear distinction between the aforementioned. In hindsight, Hleb leaving us actually killed the 442 compiled by the fact that Rosicky and Hleb are a dying breed; if not all ready dead (as in players that also share a similar style of play)

I really don't know what to suggest anymore with regards to our transfer policy, player selection and Wenger's future. The proverbial saying of "1 step forward 2 step back" is what Arsenal personify.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2