McAgger
RedOranje
Art Morte
Helmer
Red Alert
36 posters

Page 9 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Go down

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: The January Transfer Window 2013

Post by Nishankly Fri 14 Dec 2012, 14:39

If we dont buy a LB then we need a winger who can start every game every week.
Shouldn't be like Assaidi who plays only in the EL or Sterling who is too inexperienced or Downing who is too shite. Ince doesn't look like that signing.

But i wont deny that im pleasantly surprised by Enrique's form in his new role.

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: The January Transfer Window 2013

Post by Art Morte Fri 14 Dec 2012, 14:51

We need a striker first. And we don't need a left-winger who can start every game, Enrique has been brilliant as LW, we've got Sterling, Jack Black only knows why Assaidi is being ostracized because he has looked good and promising in the Europa League and there's Suso, too.

If we buy a striker and a winger, okay, good, but I don't think we're dying for a winger.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri 14 Dec 2012, 20:48

I think I made my stance pretty clear, honestly.

We have one, ONE senior leftback.

We have one, and perhaps two senior rightbacks (if you count the injured Kelly).

Beyond that we have a LW we expect to sell and an 18yo CB covering those positions.

Compared to CM (where some people are calling for a signing) where we have 7or even 8 players who can currently fill 3 spots and CB where we have 6or 7 players to cover those positions LB is a much more pressing concern. And again, why focus on a "Plan B" when "Plan A" shows signs of kicking into gear with one or two additions? Seems like your putting the cart before the horse there.

@ Art: Do you really like the idea of Sterling getting burnt out a'la Owen? Or Suso playing consistently out of position? Or using our only real LB at LW instead... especially as you don't think we need another LB? Assaidi is a question mark but then that's ANOTHER topic I previously addressed... And I notice a distinct lack of Borini every time you discuss both the LW and CF. The current formation and tactical approach calls for consistent goals from wide areas. Sterling and Suso simply don't have the composure yet to provide that outlet while Enrique is still a LB playing LW. Surely bringing in a player like Mertens, Walcott, or Sturridge makes sense with such factors in play.

I can't help but think you have your conclusion already and are simply looking for facts/evidence to support it, rather than looking at the evidence in place and forming a conclusion based around it.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri 14 Dec 2012, 21:09

My opinion is a combination of "we'd have to spend too much to significantly improve our left-wing options" and "our youth has shown a lot of promise, I'd hate to push them back the pecking order".

It's all good news if we buy a winger in January who is considerably better than our current options, but I'm fairly satisfied with our current options.

Although it does depend on how much selling we do. But as things stand, I'd be happy with just a striker and that's it.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat 15 Dec 2012, 10:15

Yes, thats why we need a LB if we play Enrique at LW, Who is left to play at LB?
Downing, Wisdom and Glen seem the best options. And all three are shite [Glen is best at RB, Let him stay there]. Kelly is injured. Wisdom needs a break. Downing needs to be sold.
We have just two recognized and trustworthy full backs available. Enrique is one of them, If he plays on the wing, We got no player at LB.

I would personally want Robinson to play but BR hates him for some reason.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat 15 Dec 2012, 11:09

Well Flanno and Robbo are both really young. Maybe it's not the case of BR hating them but more of him not believing that they are ready.

Which I'm perfectly happy with, I don't want to see Flanno and Robbo getting regular minutes until they are 22 or above
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat 15 Dec 2012, 14:54

I never liked Flanno.
Robinson is being ostracized Sad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat 15 Dec 2012, 19:59

Nishank wrote:I never liked Flanno.
Robinson is being ostracized Sad

Same here, I was never impressed by Flanagan.
I haven't seen enough of Robinson.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sat 15 Dec 2012, 21:10

I think we need 3 players this window.

1) Striker - We need a natural goal scorer. Someone who can finish chances. I believe Suarez does best when he plays on the wings. He creates a lot.

2) Left Back - Like Red said, we have one senior LB and he's been crappy all season. I'd look at investing in a good LB to start every game. Use Enrique as cover or on the wing. His positioning and bad decisions while defending have cost us quite a few goals this season.

3) DM - I believe we need adequate cover for Lucas. We need to sell some of these CMs we have. Pointless having guys like Sahin in the squad when they get no time playing. Besides we have enough cover there. We currently have Allen, Gerrard, Shelvey, Sahin & Henderson who are the out and out CM. In addition we have the likes of Pacheco, Suso and Cole who like playing the hole.

This winter the owners have to get some decent signings in. The kind that could change our season or at the very least contribute towards our results.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat 15 Dec 2012, 23:25

Downing finally.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20744587

Liverpool winger Stewart Downing says he has been told he can leave the club by manager Brendan Rodgers.

The 28-year-old has played in five of Liverpool's last six games but has often had to play at left-back rather than in midfield.

"The manager has said I can leave if I want to," Downing told the Reds' match day programme before playing in their 3-1 loss to former club Aston Villa.

"But then I've come back into the team, it's a strange situation."

Downing joined the Anfield club from Aston Villa in summer 2011 for a fee believed to be in the region of £20m when Kenny Dalglish was the manager.

"I've played for a long time and there are spells when you can be in and out of the side," added Downing.

"At the minute I'm trying to play as many games as possible.

"If that doesn't happen I'm at an age where I can't be sat around. I need to play and the manager understands that."

He recently admitted he was "disappointed" by criticism from Rodgers before the Reds boss praised the player after his winner in a Europa League group game against Anzhi Makhachkala.

"That's how the situation is and we'll have to see what happens in January or the summer."
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun 16 Dec 2012, 12:50

Now AS linking us with David Villa for a summer move . . . . O this crazy transfer windows :facepalm:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/as-think-david-villa-is-heading-to-liverpool-next-summer/#.UM2w-thZ3Uw.twitter
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun 16 Dec 2012, 15:06

Kelly rejected a new deal?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon 17 Dec 2012, 09:04

poolsupporter wrote:2) Left Back - Like Red said, we have one senior LB and he's been crappy all season. I'd look at investing in a good LB to start every game. Use Enrique as cover or on the wing. His positioning and bad decisions while defending have cost us quite a few goals this season.

I can understand wanting a LB due to having only one senior back but Enrique has been crappy all season?

He's only had one bad game this season. And that was against Young Boys as he was playing injured. He's been brilliant (one of our better players in the last month; think he won the LFC player of the month) since his return.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon 17 Dec 2012, 20:18

Y is this Villa to LFC thing even gathering momentum :S Don't seem like happening in any possible way!! :facepalm:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Tue 18 Dec 2012, 00:48

ynwa wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:2) Left Back - Like Red said, we have one senior LB and he's been crappy all season. I'd look at investing in a good LB to start every game. Use Enrique as cover or on the wing. His positioning and bad decisions while defending have cost us quite a few goals this season.

I can understand wanting a LB due to having only one senior back but Enrique has been crappy all season?

He's only had one bad game this season. And that was against Young Boys as he was playing injured. He's been brilliant (one of our better players in the last month; think he won the LFC player of the month) since his return.

He has been decent going forward. Always is. But, defensively, I don't think he has done well at all this season.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Tue 18 Dec 2012, 14:37

From LFC.TV

Brendan Rodgers is confident of reinforcing his forward line next month - but warned that the January window holds several limitations.

Rodgers has made no secret of his desire to add goals to his squad, with Luis Suarez and the injured Fabio Borini the only recognised senior strikers at the club.

He believes this is do-able when the window opens in the New Year, but the boss acknowledges that some business may have to wait until the summer.

"There is no doubt we will get reinforcements in January and there is no doubt that we will get the backing, but it will come down to two things - the availability and affordability of players," Rodgers told reporters.

"I see lots of names bandied about and, with all due respect, names that are pie in the sky because there won't be too many top players moving about in January because clubs want top money.

"But there is no doubt that we want to bring in goals and we want to bring in players who can assist in scoring goals.

"If we can do that then that will set us up and then we can really reinforce again when the market opens up in the summer.

"There is a bigger picture to look at for sure - it goes back to availability of players.

"We will spend money in January to try and bring fresh faces into the group and give us that support at the top end.

"The reality is, are all the names bandied about going to be available? I don't think so. Certainly we will bring in what we can to help us and then we will revisit it again.

"All our problems were never going to be solved in this window because the January window is one of the least productive and the least movement goes on there.

"But we will look to solve some of our problems in there and then we will look to revisit it in the summer, knowing that in the summer we will be in a much better place than we were the previous summer."
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue 18 Dec 2012, 16:46

Walcott rumors resurfacing . . . . I LIKE Thumbs up
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue 18 Dec 2012, 16:51

Burak Yilmaz, Stefan de Vrij & Nicolas Isimat Mirin . . . some random names coming up on some papers. scratch

Sofiane Feghouli & David Villa have covered many papers in the last two days! ! hmm

Walcott resurfacing . . hmm

Sturridge & Ince seem to be in the tailors making their jersey's scratch

& Downing is still here :facepalm:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue 18 Dec 2012, 23:10

The Times: Liverpool agree terms with Blackpool and Chelsea for Ince & Sturridge

Tony Barrett on The Times reports Liverpool have agreed terms with clubs of Thomas Ince and Daniel Sturridge.

Both players are expected to sign for Liverpool during the first week of January.

Two deals will cost Liverpool around 18 milion pounds.

Brendan Rodgers will be hoping to add another attacking player on loan.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue 18 Dec 2012, 23:31

Rory Smith, not Tony Barrett.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue 18 Dec 2012, 23:33

The Times... hmm, well... Can't say I'm over the moon if it's Sturridge and Ince. The first guy is a big gamble on and off the pitch. Ince has been a beast in the Championship this season, but he just has this "bad business" feeling about him, because we just sold him to Blackpool and now we are buying him back way more expensive. Both could turn out to be good and I'm not really asking for more, but neither are exactly "wow, this is good" type of deals.

If they happen, that is.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed 19 Dec 2012, 04:50

As rightly stated by Red-O the original report was by Rory Smith. .

But Tony Barrett twitted this. .

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes

My understanding is that Liverpool remain confident of signing Sturridge despite a hitch in the last couple of hours

I am hearing that there were some disagreements with Sturridge's agency :facepalm:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed 19 Dec 2012, 06:17

Sneaky 20m bid for Cavani damnit. Napoli isn't in a position to laugh off offers. :coffee:

On a more serious note, it look's as if Ince is set to re-join Liverpool. Will he and Sterling rotate?

Really hoping we get someone else than Sturridge...

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 19 Dec 2012, 07:16

Welcome back IcyS and Poolsupporter. Great to have you guys back.

On another note, sadly it seems Rodgers has complete other ideas on which types of players we need this winter than most of us.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed 19 Dec 2012, 07:38

Depth/goal scoring options from wide areas? Doesn't seem so different to me.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed 19 Dec 2012, 07:40

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Welcome back IcyS and Poolsupporter. Great to have you guys back.

On another note, sadly it seems Rodgers has complete other ideas on which types of players we need this winter than most of us.

Cause you didn't send the mail you were supposed to Evil or Very Mad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next