BarcaKizz
BarrileteCosmico
free_cat
27 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Catalan independence process - Page 5 Empty Re: Catalan independence process

Post by BarcaKizz Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:10 am

free_cat wrote:Good selection, didn't even know that Kiko Casillas or Victor Ruiz were catalan!

Verdu has played a couple of times as LW for Catalunya and did great, and as you mention Sergio García becomes a star when playing for Catalonia.

Other players that could be considered:
Angel Range RB -Swansea
Jonathan Soriano - Striker Red Bull Sazlburg
Jordi Gomez CM - Wigan
Ferran Corominas - FW Elche (doing great at 2a).
Albert Crusat - LW Wigan

And probably some other expat who plays in Spain or abroad and don't remember.

Aahh... I forgot Soriano! I used to always have him in there. He's doing great.

Didn't know Rangel was Catalan, he'd definitely be backup RB.

Considered Coro, but didn't choose him.

BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:18 am

ERC and CIU have agreed a pact to call for a referendum in 2014 and for the several blueprints to follow for the transition to an independent state within the EU.
Artur Mas will be voted as president again.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/13/catalonia-independence-2014
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:41 pm

Didn't know where to discuss this but here... but did anyone else watch the Cat vs Nigeria friendly?

Not the greatest of games and I think its maybe losing a bit of the seriousness/importance over the last 2 years, but the crowd and atmosphere were awesome :bow:. Rousing national anthem and cheers at the start and a real festival atmosphere throughout the game.

1-1 with Sergio Gonzalez (retired but came back to play 20 mins like a testimonial kind of thing) scoring a penalty in the first few mins. However, Cat clearly dominated.

Other thing was that the team completely changed at half-time, so the best players weren't even playing all together and I thought some of the additions were pretty poor. Obviously Gonzalez looked like an old fart Very Happy, Alvaro didn't look great on the wing, Vic Sanchez and Piti not great either.

Xavi etc. were playing as if it were with their friends in the backyard, so understandable they weren't menacing... Yet all this, and they still dominated. I think they'd be a real force. Right tactics, right philosophy etc etc.

A few notes on players:

Bojan- Awarded Man of the Match - Very creative and offered plenty of spark. Not as impressive as last 2 years but he was good to watch. Made me miss him.

Verdu- Really underrated player and I like to watch him. I think he's coming really good at the moment in his career but nobody noticing because Espanyol are struggling. Awesome touch and looks at home along the Barca boys. Would definitely have him in the Cat starting team.

Bartra- Only player to play 90 and showed his great ball skills at times. One awesome dribble fwd when playing at RB.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:56 pm

Verdu has become a very good footballer. He still wouldn't make it in our midfield though. A pitty he didn't develope a little earlier so we could have cashed in for him. Very Happy His contract is running out this summer and he will surely leave Espanyol to greener pastures, I wouldn't be surprised if a Premier League team signs him. Everton or some other top half table side could definitely use him.

Regarding the game, it really lacked some seriousness as people is a bit fed up of friendlies and want an official NT and players can't give their all for a friendly after holidays.

The game was on Espanyol's stadium, which had the catalan flag in it's led envelope screen outside the stadium and also several catalan flags in the stadium and on the steps. It looked fantastic and in the second half, when people finally managed to arrive (there was a massive jam), the stadium looked packed, with intense noise and nice atmosphere. They have a great stadium. It's an humiliation that Espanyol has a better stadium than us, we should really build a new stadium asap.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:51 pm

I meant to do an off-topic a while ago on Verdu, I really like him. Of course, no means was there a point in keeping him, but I do think he can develop to be a bit like Arteta etc. That level of player. Definitely some EPL teams would appreciate him, but he would even buzz in another La Liga team's midfield.

I wouldn't be surprised if Laudrup is scouting him though... Him at Swansea :bow:
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:06 am

Saw the second half and was impressed by Bojan and his creativity whilst with Barta playing at RB. Decent going forward and solid defending. Disappointed that the Cats didn't win.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:00 am

Bojan didn't play 2nd half...

?!
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:02 pm

I'm quite glad Bojan played well and was some individual's MOTM. It doesn't surprise me how well he played along with his displays of creativity. Allegri through out the season has worked closely with Bojan and tried to bring the best out of him. The result? Bojan for the most part has played behind the CF in a creative role and in one stint was MOTM THREE times in a row for Milan. To this day I condemn how Barca treated and developed Bojan as I'm glad he has found a place where his qualities will be embraced more. His partnership in which him and SES drift central and link up is stuff of magic. Truly a sight to watch.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:05 pm

Burma bojan barely plays at Milan...?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:50 pm

Catalan parliament has approved a sovereignity resolution, stating that the people of catalonia is a sovereign entinty.

It's another stepping stone to the referendum on independence to be hold on 2014.

http://www.vilaweb.cat/noticia/4076854/20130123/parliament-catalonia-is-sovereign-entity.html
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:36 pm

Catalan parties with a total representation of 87 parliamentaries out of 135 have agreed the date and question of the referendum:

"Do you want Catalonia to be a state?" If so, "Do you want that state to be independent?"

Date to be held: 9th November 2014.

Now Catalan parliament will ask the Spanish parliament to delegate the power to held the referendum.

Spanish politicians already said they won't allow it unfortunately, showing poor democratic carachter.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/12/us-spain-catalonia-idUSBRE9BB0K120131212
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:33 am

For my European History class we have to do a fairly thorough examination of a topic of our choice and I've chosen Catalan Independence, so I may be popping in here more and more Very Happy
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:38 pm

Let's say Catalunya took their independence, will they be able to compete in Euro 2016 for example? What about Spain?

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:49 pm

Valdes [Casilla]
Montoya []
Bartra [Fontas/Sergi Gomez]
Pique [Amat]
Alba []
Busquets [Romeu]
Xavi [Victor Sanchez/Samper]
Cesc [Verdu/Sergi Roberto]
Deulofeu [Cuenca]
Tello [Adama]
Bojan/Soriano [Vazquez]

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:20 am

That would be a remarkable team that could fight for everything. And you are missing some players like Victor Ruiz, Angel Rangel, Ferran Corominas, Piti, Sergio García, Oriol Riera... and surely some others I don't think of right now or I don't even know they are catalan.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:09 am

free_cat wrote:That would be a remarkable team that could fight for everything. And you are missing some players like Victor Ruiz, Angel Rangel, Ferran Corominas, Piti, Sergio García, Oriol Riera... and surely some others I don't think of right now or I don't even know they are catalan.
True, its a very good team, lacks experience upfront especially a world class striker. I actually don't know much Espanyol's current players or other small catalan clubs. Just mentioned the ones I know, all Barca or X-Barca!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:47 pm

I read an artical last night that Barcelona would request to join the French league should Catalonia gain independance. Guess I could see it happening if we just HAD to actually leave the league to make a point, considering Catalonia is literally right next to France. Would be interesting if something like this did happen, if Espanyol, Gymnastic, Girona, Sabadell etc all followed as well and if France really wanted to accept so many damn new teams lol.

I doubt anything happens when its all said and done
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:37 am

so valdez is basically moving to our future rival Evil or Very Mad 

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:52 pm

No, that article was garbage btw. It would be an absolute fail if this happened... Plus, the season will be underway and the whole process will take time. They won't kick them out.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:55 am

Looks like theyre really about to go through with an independence declaration.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:47 pm

There could be civil war here unfortunately. Disastrous for everyone involved. Both sides should try and compromise. Make Catalonia a Spain territory but with a lot of independence, as the US has done with Puerto Rico, etc.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:50 am

I agree, but unfortunately Spain doesn't seem to have the vision required for that.

Good article by Sid Lowe:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/oct/02/barcelona-in-strange-and-symbolic-eye-of-a-storm-over-catalonia
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:53 am

In the vision that Spain have, they can see the Basques watching closely to the left of Catalonia
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:00 pm

Right, better to decentralize and keep everyone in the union together than split the country apart.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:14 am

This is allot wilder than people seem to understand.

For one, Spain will not allow Catalonia to just break away like that. I don't think many countries on this planet would allow a section to just break away just like that, after a vote. If there was any chance to mend things, the Spanish Govt ruined it when they sent the police to destroy the ballots. And I'm sure the Spanish Govt is aware that if Catalonia somehow succeeds to break away, that the Basque county will surely be pushing for the same. It's a domino effect a country like Spain, who's economy isn't that hot to begin with, could afford to allow to happen. But at this stage, it looks like things will get really really ugly before a solution will happen.

And if Catalonia breaks away, that means all ties are cut to Spain and that would include the Catalan teams leaving La Liga. A Catalan league would be a joke, there simply isn't enough teams. Not to mention financially it wouldn't have enough pulling power withought a clasico to warrant the capital required from TV deals to keeping a club like Barca to the level it's at. Same might even happen to La Liga, and affect Madrid in the long run. I've read that the French league would accept them even though I'm not sure how they could take in this many clubs (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Football_clubs_in_Catalonia).

If they were smart, they would pull for a Iberian league, and merge the Portiquese league in and form a super strong league but again, the odds of that happening are slim to nil. Or maybe if the Basque country breaks away try and form a Catalan x Basque league? But again, that's also watered down, and not likely to happen

IDK, there aren't allot of positive outcomes as far as the Catalan teams are concerned, and there isn't allot situations in which Spain and Catalonia can resolve this with some smarts at this point.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:52 pm

What are you in favor of, windkick?

What about Free if he's still around?
CBarca
CBarca