Onyx
Die Borussen
urbaNRoots
The Messiah
S
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How highly do you rank...Season 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: How highly do you rank...Season 2

Post by S Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:33 am

So by this logic i have to place Barcelona in Tier 2 then ?

They reached the CL final last year,they were this close to winning it and CL perfomances are definitely much more significant than domestic league exploits while ranking teams in my opinion.Perfect platform to judge teams or European perfomances as a whole for that matter.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rank...Season 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: How highly do you rank...Season 2

Post by rwo power Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:33 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:You can't be among the best in Europe if you aren't even the best in your country. :coffee:
Tell that to Chelsea :facepalm:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:38 am

rwo power wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:You can't be among the best in Europe if you aren't even the best in your country. :coffee:

Well Chelsea's case is an exception.How many times have we actually seen a 5th place-6th place team win the CL ? Liverpool were the last team to do so before Chelsea and these cases do not happen often does it ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:43 am

Its amazing how everyone puts Bayern with Barcelona in same tie. not yet.......

Tier 1
Barcelona

Tier 2
Bayern
Real Madrid

Tier 3
Juventus
Manchester United
Manchester City
Chelsea FC
BVB Dortmund

Tier 4
Arsenal
Milan

Tier 11
Liverpool FC
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:52 am

Surag wrote:So by this logic i have to place Barcelona in Tier 2 then ?

They reached the CL final last year,they were this close to winning it and CL perfomances are definitely much more significant than domestic league exploits while ranking teams in my opinion.Perfect platform to judge teams or European perfomances as a whole for that matter.

And by your logic Juve should be in tier 5 as they weren't relevant in Europe for years.

Whenever Dortmund faced Bayern home and away the past two years they destroyed that team, Bayern can't be a tier higher Laughing don't be ridiculous.

Fairly Bayern and Dortmund should be in the same tier. Tier 2 as neither is in the level of Barcelona and Real Madrid.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:54 am

Surag wrote:
rwo power wrote:

Well Chelsea's case is an exception.How many times have we actually seen a 5th place-6th place team win the CL ? Liverpool were the last team to do so before Chelsea and these cases do not happen often does it ?
In 1974/75, Bayern were 10th (!) in the league when they won the European Cup.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:08 am

rwo giving me a history lesson now Very Happy .But my point still stands.These cases just do not happen often.Its a rarity to be honest.

@Urban lets look at BVB and Bayern's perfomances collectively.(Both Europe and domestic league) and you'll notice that Bayern have been a force in Europe for a no.of years whereas BVB arent even able to secure an EL spot for themselves from their Group,there is a stark contrast between both of them when it comes to Europe.Whilst in the league ,credit to BVB for securing back to back titles but you see the gap is not that much between both teams as opposed to what it is when it comes to Europe.Bayern were still contending for the league until the last few rounds.Also Bayern are 4th(i think) in the UEFA co-efficients table so that explains a lot to be honest.

So on an overall assessment i would rank Bayern a tier higher than Dortmund definitely.

Like i said the rankings are going to change as the season progresses considering how teams are doing in the league as well as most importantly in Europe.

Perhaps BVB's group in CL must have played on the back of many people's minds as well while ranking them as many of them dont give them a chance to progress you know.Just maybe.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:20 am

i agree with surag lol

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:21 am

Surag wrote:rwo giving me a history lesson now Very Happy .But my point still stands.These cases just do not happen often.Its a rarity to be honest.
Well, I know my Bundesliga Very Happy

And I agree about putting Dortmund a bit below Bayern. I mean, the UEFA coefficient also place Bayern in Pot1 and Dortmund in Pot4 for a reason. Unfortunately it is questionable if Dortmund will manage to collect many points to get a bette UEFA coefficient rating for the next season, even though I would wish it for them.

BTW, Schalke is usually getting massively underrated, too. Yes, they haven't won the BL for ages, but they have a real tactic fox as coach in Huub Stevens. Stevens is Schalke's "Coach of the Century" and he already brought them to an extremely unlikely UEFA Cup victory when he coached them last time, and the players he has at his disposal are not half bad either.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:49 am

Dunno.Schalke rated in Tier 3 is legit imo.

There are usually three parameters while ranking teams.
1.Squad Strength
2.League performances
3.European performances

Its up to you to decide what percentages you assign to each category or what holds more significance to you although its all a collective assessment in the end.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:51 am

Real Madrid and Barca have the strongest squads imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:24 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Real Madrid and Barca have the strongest squads imo.

tbh Bayern squad is stronger than Madrid ones
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:28 am

How so?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:30 am

Errr.Atleast we can all concur that Bayern and Madrid along with Barca belong in the same tier nevermind how strong their respective squads are. Wink

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:40 am

Tier 1
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich

Tier 2
City
Barca
Juve
United

Tier 3
The rest
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:07 pm

Juventus were relegated a couple of seasons ago, now they're on most people's tier 2.

Great achievement by them imo.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:22 pm

God tier:

Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid

Top tier:

Man Utd, Man City, Dortmund, Juventus

High tier:

Valencia, Atletico, Milan, Arsenal, Chelsea, Schalke, PSG

Mid tier:

Benfica, Porto, Ajax, Montpellier, Liverpool, Inter

Or something like that
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:56 pm

RED wrote:Juventus were relegated a couple of seasons ago, now they're on most people's tier 2.

Great achievement by them imo.
Very true. Such an amazing turnaround. I would point out that Juve wasn't relegated for their on-field performance. However, the relegation gutted them. Even in a single season, Juve went from 7th to winning the Scudetto with an unbeaten record. Unbelievable. cheers

In any case, I suppose I'm a little confused about how we're ranking teams. Are we ranking them on their current performance/current quality of the side, or are we ranking them in regards to their potential to achieve results in Europe? You would think the two would be the same (and admittedly, my lists would be similar), but there are some teams that seem to navigate European competition much better than others, despite what many would feel is an inferior squad.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:02 pm

Ninis wrote:some of the tier 5 teams are stronger than roma and liverpool tbh eco smile

To be honest I will say all of them are stronger than Liverpool and Roma.

Last edited by The Messiah on Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:11 pm

Zealous wrote:God tier:

Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid

Top tier:

Man Utd, Man City, Dortmund, Juventus

High tier:

Valencia, Atletico, Milan, Arsenal, Chelsea, Schalke, PSG

Mid tier:

Benfica, Porto, Ajax, Montpellier, Liverpool, Inter

Or something like that

I agree with this, but in my opinion, if you permit me to complete you: any 'Top Tier' team can compete in Europe with any 'God Tier' team Smile.

Ah also, i don't rate PSG that high, not yet Very Happy .Of course, having players like Lavezzi and Ibra in your squad is such a great thing, but first they must prove they play a top quality football.Napoli would fit better right now.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:56 am

Bump hmm

Could see most people's 'tiers' changing now hmm
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:02 am

The Messiah wrote:Tier 1

Barcelona
Real Madrid

Tier 2
Manchester United
Juventus
Manchester City
Dortmund

Tier 3
Arsenal
Chelsea
Valencia
AC Milan
Schalke

Where is Bayern Mesiah?
Extra-top-super tier?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:05 am

Arsenal
highburied wrote:Its amazing how everyone puts Bayern with Barcelona in same tie. not yet.......

Tier 1
Barcelona

Tier 2
Bayern
Real Madrid

Tier 3
Juventus
Manchester United
Manchester City
Chelsea FC
BVB Dortmund

Tier 4
Arsenal
Milan

[/color]

I agree exactlu with highburied.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:18 am

My updated list.

Tier 1
FC Barcelona
FC Bayern Munich
Real Madrid

Tier 2
Manchester United
Borussia Dortmund
Juventus

Tier 2.5
Manchester City
Chelsea

Tier 3
Arsenal
AC Milan
PSG
FC Schalke 04
Valencia
Shakthar Donetsk
Atletico Madrid
FC Porto

And the rest.

Last edited by Surag on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:44 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Dortmund is the best team in Germany. Even better than Bayern as they have shown in the past 2 years. I don't rate Chelsea as long as RDM is their manager. Arsenal have just lost two of their best players, this team isn't as good as last years IMO. Defensively they have improved but the lack of a goalscorer will hurt them (unless Giroud actually starts scoring). Dortmund is more complete as a team IMO. :coffee:

:bow: Sometimes I even impress myself
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:58 am

I wonder if one shouldn't put Dortmund on one level with Real when judging on current form. They are both third in their leagues and Dortmund actually was better than Real in the CL.

(Note: I don't look at how good the players are supposed to be on paper or who is more famous, but I judge from what they actually did in the matches.)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next