Fahim89
McAgger
Red Alert
29 posters

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down

Luisito - Page 8 Empty Re: Luisito

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:12 am

He's scored 27 goals from 113 shots in 2013 which results in a 24% conversation rate. If we take the "off target" shots, and just look at goals that are directed towards the goal (aka on target), his conversation rate is 38%!

Go back to his time under Dalglish and I think it was somewhere around 10%!

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:40 pm

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/151639-luis-suarez-signs-new-contract-at-lfc
The 26-year-old Uruguayan insists he is 'proud' and 'delighted' at having put pen to paper on the new extended deal and is focused on helping the club achieve its ambitions of sustainable success both domestically and in Europe.

The Reds' No.7 also paid tribute to the supporters, citing the 'special relationship' he has with them as a key factor in reaffirming his commitment to Liverpool.

Suarez joined the club in January 2011 and is widely regarded as one of the most talented players in world football. This season alone, Suarez has scored 17 goals in 11 Barclays Premier League starts.

"I am delighted to have agreed a new deal with Liverpool and have my future secured for the long term," said Suarez.

"We have some great players and the team is growing and improving all the time. I believe I can achieve the ambitions of winning trophies and playing at the very highest level with Liverpool. My aim is to help get us there as quickly as possible.

"Without doubt the backing I have received from the Liverpool fans has influenced my decision. I am so proud to represent them and go out to do my best for them every time I pull on the shirt.

"We have a special relationship; they have love for me and in return I love them back. I will always do my best for them and hopefully we can achieve success together."

Liverpool manager, Brendan Rodgers, said the news will give everyone a lift: "This is fantastic news for everyone associated with the club; the team, the owners and most importantly the supporters.

"Luis is a world-class talent and securing his services is crucial for what we are trying to achieve here.

"What's most important and most exciting is that, at just 26 years old, his best years are still ahead of him and we now know we'll be seeing him reach that potential in a Liverpool shirt."

Principal owner, John W Henry, believes it shows the progress being made on and off the field: "We are committed to working hard to keep our best players and this is an indication that we are moving in the right direction and moving at a pace that impresses one of the best players in world football.

"The club has made major strides forward in recent years and we are all committed to delivering the success our supporters want and deserve."

Liverpool chairman, Tom Werner, said: "This demonstrates our commitment, as an ownership group, to building a team that competes at the highest level both in the Barclays Premier League and in Europe.

"Our primary motive is to do what is best for Liverpool Football Club and today's news is another significant step forward on this journey."
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:48 pm

X-mas came a little early.  drinking 

200k a week that ends in 2018.

No news on the release cause just yet.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:51 pm

:bow: getting him to sign a new contract is no less achievement according to me...I am sure there must be a huge release clause amount involved in the deal otherwise drinking we are sure more than ever that we will have at least some funds in hand in case the inevitable time comes to replace him in future, however difficult it i

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:54 pm

Luisito - Page 8 0764__2826__suarez500e

It's not fake guys, it's official. He's leaning and everything.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:57 pm

Luisito - Page 8 Xmas-Celebration
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:58 pm

the spirits of Shankly have been finally awaken...be ready for the long ride of trophies..yeeeeeey

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:59 pm

Dat lean, how credible are the figuers for time and cost
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:00 pm

Red Alert wrote:Luisito - Page 8 0764__2826__suarez500e

It's not fake guys, it's official. He's leaning and everything.

O YEA! LEANING SEASON IS BACK!!!!

I wish
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:05 pm

mr-r34 wrote:Dat lean, how credible are the figuers for time and cost

From the Times. So I'd say as reliable as it gets. (Tony Barrett works there)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:18 pm

Satement of intent as Liverpool tie Luis Suárez to new £200,000-a-week deal

Tony Barrett
Updated 36 minutes ago

Luis Suárez has become the highest paid player in Liverpool’s history after putting pen to paper on a new long term contract taking him up to the summer of 2018.

The 4½-year deal is believed to be worth up to £170,000 per week until the end of this season, rising to £200,000 per week for the remainder of the contract.

“I am delighted to have agreed a new deal with Liverpool and have my future secured for the long term,” Suárez said. “We have some great players and the team is growing and improving all the time. I believe I can achieve the ambitions of winning trophies and playing at the very highest level with Liverpool. My aim is to help get us there as quickly as possible.

“Without doubt the backing I have received from the Liverpool fans has influenced my decision. I am so proud to represent them and go out to do my best for them every time I pull on the shirt.

“We have a special relationship; they have love for me and in return I love them back. I will always do my best for them and hopefully we can achieve success together.”

Having opened formal talks with Suárez’s agent, Pere Guardiola, in Barcelona on Tuesday, Liverpool underlined their desire to keep the 26-year-old by offering to almost double his wages, as reported by The Times this week.

The combination of that statement of intent and Liverpool’s promising Barclays Premier League form convinced Suárez to commit his future to them despite having tried to force a move to Arsenal last summer.

Brendan Rodgers, the Liverpool manager, said: “This is fantastic news for everyone associated with the club; the team, the owners and most importantly the supporters. Luis is a world-class talent and securing his services is crucial for what we are trying to achieve here.

“What’s most important and most exciting is that, at just 26 years old, his best years are still ahead of him and we now know we’ll be seeing him reach that potential in a Liverpool shirt.”

The fine details of the deal remain confidential, although it is known that Liverpool were keen to be provided with a commitment from Suárez that would prevent him from joining another English club. Equally, Guardiola will have wanted to ensure that the door would not be closed on a possible move to Real Madrid in the event of the La Liga club making an offer for his client that Liverpool found acceptable.

It appears that the two parties have got what they wanted from the deal and although it cannot be guaranteed that Suarez will remain at Liverpool for the entirety of his contract, the Merseyside club have done everything in their power to keep the Uruguay international or, failing that, at least guarantee themselves a club record transfer fee in the event of his departure.

The agreement represents a significant coup for both Fenway Sports Group (FSG), Liverpool’s owners, and Ian Ayre, the club’s managing director, who negotiated the deal. It will also provide a timely boost to morale as Liverpool attempt to finish in the Premier League top four for the first time since the 2008-09 season.

Suárez put the finishing touches to the deal at the club’s city centre offices this morning and in doing so confirmed that his relationship with Liverpool has improved immeasurably since unsuccessfully agitating for a transfer during the summer. In recent days, Brendan Rodgers had become increasingly confident of keeping the Premier League’s top scorer and that faith has been proven not to be misplaced.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/liverpool/article3954723.ece
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:32 pm

Okay, so, after what Suarez did last summer, he's never going to be among my very favorite LFC players. That said, his quality is so sublime that if he is willing to stay, I'm very happy with that. Great job by FSG to act in such a decisive manner in this!

Now just need to hope that the rest of our players realize Suarez's exceptional quality and don't start demanding pay rises, too.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:40 pm

fffs the criteria is only if you are able to show that you are actually among the list of best ones in thw world, lying within the ranks of Messis, Roanldos OR a tier below tha...no way other players are getting that much money hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:40 pm

The fine details of the deal remain confidential, although it is known that Liverpool were keen to be provided with a commitment from Suárez that would prevent him from joining another English club. Equally, Guardiola will have wanted to ensure that the door would not be closed on a possible move to Real Madrid in the event of the La Liga club making an offer for his client that Liverpool found acceptable.

It appears that the two parties have got what they wanted from the deal and although it cannot be guaranteed that Suarez will remain at Liverpool for the entirety of his contract, the Merseyside club have done everything in their power to keep the Uruguay international or, failing that, at least guarantee themselves a club record transfer fee in the event of his departure.

We won't sell to another team in England, nor can a Man City or Chelsea activate the release clause.

He can only be sold overseas. :coffee:

(The release clause is OVER 50m, that's all we know about that.)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:56 pm

If there is a release clause, surely it has to be at least close to Bale kind of money..
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:08 pm

Congrats on the extension... the release clause is the same as the ones for Cavani and Falcao according to the Uruguayan press. So somewhere around 65 mil
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:13 pm

If the release clause is like 65 mil, im going to kill myself what a steal for madrid in the summer.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:22 pm

mr-r34 wrote:If the release clause is like 65 mil, im going to kill myself what a steal for madrid in the summer.
 That's 54.5 mil pounds... so it's right in line with the 50+ mil pound release clause reported in the UK media.

Biggest thing Liverpool were trying to do is make sure that he couldn't be sold in the EPL. That caveat cost the club money on the release clause. You give up something in order to get something.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:51 pm

Going of bale's price, his release clause should start at 100mil, we should play the game RM play, inflated transfer market
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:59 pm

R34 i will come with you when you jump from the bridge Laughing if we sell him for less than 80m

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:01 pm

Bale is 24 and very marketable. Suarez turns 27 in January and his personality/past issues/looks make him far less marketable.

I think Falcao and Cavani are much better comparables.

Also keep in mind that Suarez probably wanted more than just Madrid as a potential suitor... this price would bring in Bayern, Barca, PSG and Monaco to go along with Madrid. Doubt he wants Monaco + PSG already have Ibra/Cavani. If Bayern get Lewandowski as reported, he won't go there either.

Liverpool restricted places he could go by a lot for this summer... only Madrid really. If Madrid pass, then he won't go anywhere until one of the clubs mentioned above has a need or Madrid come back around.

It looks like a good deal all around to me
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:28 pm

1. €200k/week, does that take him to top wage-earners!!!
2. €65 million! Even considering his age it sounds rather average.
3. If we qualify for CL this year and build a team for title, he will stay.

The thing that touches me most is that he left the pre-season things behind the moment he was on the pitch. In all the games, he showed passion and dedication we see from Kop legends like Gerrard or Carragher. All he wants is to win things and is willing to play his part in that project.

Just get some good players who can ensure CL next year. Suarez deserves that much.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:57 pm

sportsczy wrote:Bale is 24 and very marketable.  Suarez turns 27 in January and his personality/past issues/looks make him far less marketable.

Plastic fans won't care about Suarez's reputation and he is better and more exciting player than Bale, therefore he is at least as marketable as Bale.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:15 pm

Luisito - Page 8 Winning.gif.pagespeed.ce.6eGXTAoZ6n
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:22 am

McY can you stop dat pls

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:26 am

Art Morte wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Bale is 24 and very marketable.  Suarez turns 27 in January and his personality/past issues/looks make him far less marketable.

Plastic fans won't care about Suarez's reputation and he is better and more exciting player than Bale, therefore he is at least as marketable as Bale.

I agree
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next