2010-11:

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Luisito - Page 19 Empty Re: Luisito

Post by mr-r34 Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:53 am

Don't call me James wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:I feel so deflated now that this is official. We've known for awhile it was going to happen but it's official and it's just unfair. Football is unfair. Life is unfair.

It doesn't feel nearly as bad as Torres obviously, I still very much love Luis and will probably watch most of his matches at Barca and hope he does well but there's a huge emptiness inside me now. Sad

This one's worse than torres for me, and i'm not taking it to well, so if you guys read that some stupid shit from me over it, don't blame me for it.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:40 am

Don't call me James wrote:
2010-11:

2011-12:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:40 am

Luisito - Page 19 8639
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:42 am

His celebration for Dirk's winner against United in the FA cup is still the best thing ever.  :bow: Crying or Very sad 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:15 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDwYy4E_DVM

:X
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:01 pm

My (unsolicited) take on the matter:
There's a fair amount of dejection and hate on social media directed at Suarez, right now. Frankly, I'm a little sick of it.

Many liken this to the Torres situation. However, I don't think the two could be further apart. Torres sulked for a good 6-12 months prior to his sale, pushed the move through at the 11th hour, went to a direct rival, and left the club in a perilous situation.

Had Suarez left for Arsenal last summer (or even Madrid), the narrative would be different. However, he didn't. Upon returning from his ban, he gave everything to the club, having his best season since pulling on a red shirt and even signed a new contract to lock in his value (and get a sizable wage boost as a bonus). Suarez and LFC would have known this was coming, and I'm not sure they could have played it better.

Of course, I'm sad to see a player or Suarez's ability leaving the club. However, he had become such a magnet for controversy (and suspensions) that he was becoming difficult to build a team upon. Seriously... How do you build a team around a guy that is going to be suspended for a quarter of the season? Moreover, he has left the club in a far better, competitive position.

For everything he did for the club in his time here, I believe he deserves thanks and recognition. He may not be seen as a club legend in the same way as Gerrard, Fowler, Rush, Dalglish, and Keegan, but he may be one of the best to pull on a red shirt. If nothing else, we can't say he didn't care.
Luisito - Page 19 155507
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:19 pm

donttreadonred wrote:My (unsolicited) take on the matter:
There's a fair amount of dejection and hate on social media directed at Suarez, right now. Frankly, I'm a little sick of it.

Many liken this to the Torres situation. However, I don't think the two could be further apart. Torres sulked for a good 6-12 months prior to his sale, pushed the move through at the 11th hour, went to a direct rival, and left the club in a perilous situation.

Had Suarez left for Arsenal last summer (or even Madrid), the narrative would be different. However, he didn't. Upon returning from his ban, he gave everything to the club, having his best season since pulling on a red shirt and even signed a new contract to lock in his value (and get a sizable wage boost as a bonus). Suarez and LFC would have known this was coming, and I'm not sure they could have played it better.

Of course, I'm sad to see a player or Suarez's ability leaving the club. However, he had become such a magnet for controversy (and suspensions) that he was becoming difficult to build a team upon. Seriously... How do you build a team around a guy that is going to be suspended for a quarter of the season? Moreover, he has left the club in a far better, competitive position.

For everything he did for the club in his time here, I believe he deserves thanks and recognition. He may not be seen as a club legend in the same way as Gerrard, Fowler, Rush, Dalglish, and Keegan, but he may be one of the best to pull on a red shirt. If nothing else, we can't say he didn't care.
 Thumbs up :bow: +10000000000000000000000000000000000
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:07 am

^ Exactly.

I have never seen a player with so much passion and will to win and work hard for the team, ever at Liverpool. Dare I say more so than Gerrard. Only I've seen Carra to share the same raw passion.

We were beating Soton 2-0 in March with 3 minutes to go and he was still pressing like crazy and made a tackle with his head. What a guy. And don't underestimate how much our young players learned from him. I am sure Sterling would admit. Luis Suarez may be gone from LFC, but his impact will hopefully carry on for years.

Thank you Luis. Nothing but amazing words to say about this man.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:12 am

Wouldn't be surprised if he comes back to Anfield and says goodbye after his 4 month ban thing is done.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:56 pm

He did something similar with Ajax, so yeah wouldn't be surprised. I already do consider him a Liverpool legend and I think with time more Liverpudlians will recognize him as such.

I can see him coming back and playing in testimonials and what not after his retirement a la Luis Garcia.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:48 pm

sportsczy wrote:El Cujo... there's a difference between acts that happen as part of the game (tackling, elbows, etc.) and those that are completely outside the game (biting Laughing). It's like biting in boxing by Mike Tyson. I mean, could you imagine if someone was caught biting in the NFL? They'd be thrown out of the league Laughing It's about the integrity of the sport. Not sure why you don't see that.

You never answered my Pepe example, so with recent events I'm now curious. Considering Ronaldo's history of violent conduct suspensions and the fact that punching in the face is clearly "outside of the game", would you support a 4 month ban for him?
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed May 13, 2015 10:33 am

Luisito - Page 19 GvWyLDh

Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert