How well will Arsenal do this upcoming season?

+17
Emaharg
DuringTheWar
gunnerme
Sina
RealGunner
Sri
Wilson37
mizG4Lyf
Eman
Rev
Raptorgunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Mudcat
AnJl
EL Patron
MJ
Jay29
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

How well will Arsenal do this upcoming season? - Page 3 Empty Re: How well will Arsenal do this upcoming season?

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:32 pm

I think he gave Diaby a new contract because Diaby is a massive talent and had faith in him like he did with van Persie, while Song was just a player who you can replace quite easily... besides Song wanted to move as soon as Barcelona knocked on the door.

Raptorgunner wrote:Last year when Song and Arteta were playing I dont remember losing a game, why change that?
Are you serious? Both played together all season and Song was proved to be a liability defensively, just look how much better we were when Diaby and Arteta were playing in the beginning of this season and compare it with Song last season.

Song can be replaced... my only problem is giving Diaby too much faith but I don't mind keeping him as long as we get someone else who can play there instead of him, and that's not Wilshere IMO. Arsenalfaithful gave another example who we can get Thumbs up there's Wanyama aswell, but I'm not completely sold on him yet.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

How well will Arsenal do this upcoming season? - Page 3 Empty Re: How well will Arsenal do this upcoming season?

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:01 pm

Last year we turn it around when we demolished Spuds at home, I just hope this year we can do the same. :bow:

Our season starts this week. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:04 pm

The only reason we're struggling without Song is that he had those game changing assists in him, his overall game was pretty flawed though.

The thing is, we never replaced that creativity within the team.

We saw that in the last games that with Walcott back in the mix, we don't look lost in offense, but our defensive side has really underperformed.

The thing is finding the right balance between the two, that should be Wenger's job. hmm
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:12 pm

Wenger has to change is substitution time, tired of waiting for the 77/88 min subs.

If a player is not playing well in the first half 10m in to second half he should be replaced.

If Wenger did make subs early we could have turn few results our way.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:48 pm

I am just sick of coming up with excuses as to why our team is not performing. As the cliche goes, I want my Arsenal back. But I have a feeling we will have a block buster deal this winter.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:12 pm

Rev wrote:The only reason we're struggling without Song is that he had those game changing assists in him, his overall game was pretty flawed though.

The thing is, we never replaced that creativity within the team.

We saw that in the last games that with Walcott back in the mix, we don't look lost in offense, but our defensive side has really underperformed.

The thing is finding the right balance between the two, that should be Wenger's job. hmm
no we miss Song badly.. His physical strength more than his assists.. Our current midfield is getting bullied by even Norwich and West Ham.. Arteta, Cazorla, Wilshere and Coquelin.. Too lightweight.. Difficult to win balls or hold possession against physical team/players.. And last season we didnt need to create many chances.. Any chance created, RVP puts it in the net.. We need a physical presence in midfield.. A strong defensive midfielder or b2b like Diaby will do..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:24 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Last year we turn it around when we demolished Spuds at home, I just hope this year we can do the same. :bow:

Our season starts this week. Very Happy
yes.. Sczeny back should improve the defence.. Doubt whether Sczenys injury can be pointed out as a reason for our poor defensive performances.. Sczeny will organise the defence better and will come forward to catch the ball which would make things easier than defence.. With Mannone even though he makes good saves, how often we see corners and crosses getting punched out ?
And Gibbs and even Rosicky may be back.. So we are ready to start..
If Rosicky is fit i would certainly start him.. I feel Cazorla is not a player who takes on players and he often drifts wide reducing our play through the centre in the final third.. So play Rosicky centrally and move Cazorla to right or left..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:28 pm

Szczesny's confident presence just makes me feel more secure even though he allowed some screamers last year. His sharp reflexes show his potential though, (double save in Kuyt's penalty, Wolves header save). He just needs maturity.

I think we've learned that Mannone just doesn't have what it takes to be Arsenal's number one. He could be a decent keeper for a midtable club but you can't concede a 12 yard header. :facepalm:
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3