ErPupone
RedOranje
Rossonero23
Nishankly
McLewis
49 posters

Page 27 of 36 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Go down

AS Roma Transfer Rumours pt. II - Page 27 Empty Re: AS Roma Transfer Rumours pt. II

Post by gb Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:05 pm

Yes, I read that he wanted regular playing time so that he could improve his game and asked Saba to renew the co-ownership with Genoa. Smart kid.
Paredes and Viviani need to take a page out of Florenzi's book and light up the pre-season.

gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

AS Roma Transfer Rumours pt. II - Page 27 Empty Re: AS Roma Transfer Rumours pt. II

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:10 pm

Here's a good write up from Chiesa di Totti on all of our co-ownership deals with the younsters:

http://www.chiesaditotti.com/2014/6/21/5830192/as-roma-co-ownerships-resolved-nico-lopez-andrea-bertolacci
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by gb Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:31 pm

Also, according to Corriere dello Sport Ucan could be used in the negotiation for Iturbe. Not bad Saba.
http://www.asroma.co.uk/news/transfer-talk/item/434-fenerbahce-confirm-talks-with-roma-for-salih-ucan
gb
gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:58 pm

I dont like Itrube that much.. we shouldnt waste 20 millions for him. Too unproven.

flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gb Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:04 pm

flameas wrote:I dont like Itrube that much.. we shouldnt waste 20 millions for him. Too unproven.

I understand where you're coming from but the kid has loads of potential and has showed glimpses of that potential this past season. The 20-25 mil price tag is taking that into account
gb
gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by gb Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:33 pm

Looking at this France WC squad, I've been really impressed with Valbuena and Debuchy. Would be great additions
gb
gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:12 am

Would love Valbuena, his work rate and creativity would be perfect for Roma.

Not sure he will come cheap after this World Cup. The guy has been a star for France.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:19 am

Where would we fit Valbuena though? hmm

I personally like him centrally, but he does have the pace to get at defenders as well. So do Gervinho and Ljajic though. He's an upgrade on of those guys for sure.

Debuchy probably more realistic, but I have to believe PSG are at the front of that line.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gb Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:52 pm

Well it seems Mehdi is dead set on leaving. I'm extremely disappointed in him after how much we invested in him (captain's armband and all).
http://www.football-italia.net/51407/report-city-agree-benatia-deal?
gb
gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by gb Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:01 pm

McLewis wrote:Where would we fit Valbuena though? hmm

I personally like him centrally, but he does have the pace to get at defenders as well. So do Gervinho and Ljajic though. He's an upgrade on of those guys for sure.

Debuchy probably more realistic, but I have to believe PSG are at the front of that line.

Does it really matter where he would play, dude can flat out ball  Laughing . Nah, but on a serious note I think our summer will look like this: Cerci, Ucan, Santon, Basa.

I suspect that our budget is approx. only 30 mil regardless of who we sell as we have a huge stadium project in the works so Im not expecting any "brand" name signings.
gb
gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:49 pm

Yeah I agree in that I don't see us making blockbuster signings (although none of us saw Pjanic coming, IIRC). That said, Sabatini is a goat at what he does so who knows what he has cooked up.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gb Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:36 pm

I wouldnt call Pjanic a marquee signing at the time of his transfer although he has become a marquee player for us now and he was relatively cheap considering the modern transfer market.Yup, Sabatini sure does have an eye for talent.

I just read that Barca's Adriano is close to signing for us. What are your thoughts on his potential arrival?
gb
gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:41 pm

Adriano is a great and underrated veratile player. Good for 2-4 years.

More City-Benatia reports make me a bit worried. Also, Toloi returned to his club in Brazil..

I dont think Cerci is CL material. Probably over priced also.

Sadly all Jackson Martinez rumours have died out.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gb Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:19 am

Jackson Martinez doesn't really do it for me and if you want to talk about overpriced then look no further. 30+mil for him is absurd.
gb
gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:35 am

gb wrote:I wouldnt call Pjanic a marquee signing at the time of his transfer although he has become a marquee player for us now and he was relatively cheap considering the modern transfer market.Yup, Sabatini sure does have an eye for talent.

I just read that Barca's Adriano is close to signing for us. What are your thoughts on his potential arrival?

Not sure I trust the sources, but Adriano is an endangered species: A goodicus left-backicus

There's simply not a lot of players like him out there currently and I would be sincerely surprised if Barca give him up as I think he provides better stability defensively than Alba. Like all South Americans though, Sabatini has excellent connections with agents from that side of the world so if the rumors are indeed true then he should be a welcome upgrade to this Roma squad.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:34 pm

Ur future is with Emanuelson
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:45 pm

Posted this in the Gen Section:

McLewis wrote:So Mehdi Benatia's situation via RomaPress:

Interviews via Twitter, Mehdi Benatia continues to expose himself. If a month ago he did so too sharply, accusing Rome of failing to offer a pay rise, yesterday he preferred to discretely play with fire.

Yesterday Benatia reportedly revealed that he does not want to leave for Roma’s US tour, which begins later this month. Reports suggest he confided in friends during an outbreak but has yet to communicate these feelings to the club. A picture on Twitter yesterday showed him training alone on a football pitch in Morocco -the comment with the picture reads - “Training alone at 40 degrees. A massacre, but they arrange it”

At Trigoria, the directors of the club are not worried.  A player who trains alone isn’t necessarily a problem and the corporate line is always the same: Benatia has been called up for the start of training on the 15th of July and will remain at the club unless the Giallorossi receive an offer of €35-40 million, or maybe even more. Manchester City have an agreement with Benatia but have yet to agree a few with Roma. Roma management are convinced that Benatia will not be able to force a move expect him to remain at the club.

Concerning the transfer plan submitted to President Pallotta last week, there was a discussion about a potential situation where Benatia is sold. Sabatini knows that if Benatia leaves, the priority would be to sign Eliaquim Mangala immediately. Rudi Garcia is also fond of the Porto defender but Roma know that he will be very expensive.

Meanwhile, Garcia feels “covered” by the imminent arrival of Marko Basa, from Lille, who will replace Toloi as the third choice centre back.

Beyond this, Sky Italia report that City offered Roma 35m for Benatia, which was flat out rejected. Roma are asking for at least 30m plus Matija Nastasic. If they don't get him, then the flat price for Benatia is 40m. Other reports claim City improved their offer to 38m, but still didn't include Nastasic in that offer. Roma are expected to reject that one as well.

Other Roma news:

- Roma set to sign Salih Ucan from Fenerbahce. He'll have his medical on Monday.

- Roma set to sign Urby Emanuelson from Milan on a free. He's due in Rome today or tomorrow to sign a 2 or 3 year deal, according to Gianluca Di Marzio

- Roma linked with Monaco's Yannick Ferreira Carassco. His agent denies any talks with Sabatini so far.

- Roma offered Dynamo Kiev 15m for winger Andriy Yarmolenko. His agent expressed the player wouldn't reject such a move, but that the club are likely to ask for at least 25m for him.

- Regardless of what happens with Benatia, Roma appear keen on River Plate's Eder Balanta, rated at around 6m. They face competition from Juventus for the defender.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:04 am

Urby Emanuelson :facepalm:  Also linked with Cashley Cole  :facepalm: :facepalm: 

And repotedly we are preparing a huge offer for Cuardado.. pff..

No good news in this transfer window so far
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:01 pm

Sky Italy confirms on Ashley Cole. He will sign a two year deal with an option for a third season

He can be already official on Monday.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/roma-set-to-acquire-ashley-cole-deal-could-be-closed-monday/
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:53 pm

This would have been great 10 years ago.

Still a good player, but I think the English would benefit from getting their younger players into tactically better leagues at younger ages. Stylistically not sure if this is a fit though...
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:44 pm

Tbf to Urby, he has been decent playing LB for us last season, he's extremely versatile too in that he can play LW, CM and CAM.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:27 am

Bad news - Viola want Florenzi in the Cuardado deal. No way I want him to leave, his one of the true Roman heroes.

Also, Inter want Dodo. I also wont want him to leave, rather let Balza leave..
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:31 am

Honestly guys, Cole is a decent option.

While he isn't the player he was, he's a good stop gap and is still solid, he won't attack that much but the only way to beat him is with pure pace, otherwise he's very good defencively.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by DiRocco Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:26 pm

I agree that Cole could prove to be a decent pickup. After all, he was on a free and look at how Maicon was rejuvenated under Garcia last year. I have a similar feeling about Urby, mainly because I trust Garcia can get the most out of any player we pick up. My only fear here is that we lose Dodo. I am a fan of him and think he has a bright future.

The biggest worry TBH is this Cuadrado nonsense that keeps coming up. Do we really need to spend $30 mil ++ to get another Gervinho? Not to mention maybe losing Florenzi? Thats absolutely absurd!! Cuadrado is not what we need at this point. Talented, yes, but we need someone more decisive and with a natural left foot. I would not mind at all to see how Cerci would do under Rudi, and $20 mil is not an over the top price for a player that performed as he did last season.
DiRocco
DiRocco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:00 am

We have apparently signed Deandre Yedlin, but since we don't have a non-EU spot for him we will loan him out to the Sounders and then to Genoa. However, he apparently might be able to get Latvian citizenship but that is an entire issue unto itself.

I have always though highly of him even though he would be "one for the future".
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:28 am

more bad news, chaps - It has been suggested that Cole will sign a three year deal worth a whopping £6 million per year.

flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 36 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next