What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit?

+44
FennecFox7
harhar11
halamadrid2
I Live in a Fjord
Lord Awesome
BarrileteCosmico
vivabarca38
Zero
Dante
Zune
VivaStPauli
Jack Russell
punkfusion1992
zizzle
Zealous
pewpew
Doc
LeSwagg James
Gomez83
Beautiful Football
jibers
Dnmac4
Sushi Master
Lord Hades
kiranr
Mr Nick09
Calebvision
Gil
Swanhends
jontsu
buddytaller
Onyx
Tifoso Romanista
stunt
lszanto
S32TABLANCA
danyjr
Kingofeverythingclassy
Valkyrja
TrezeGent
Harmonica
BigBadBen
Lex
billionmillion
48 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

C.Ronaldo is a

What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 27 ]
What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 10 ]
What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 11 ]
What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 8 ]
What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 67

What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit?

Post by danyjr Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:38 pm

buddytaller wrote:I think he's done more than enough to deserve the Ballon D'Or this year, hope this would be the second of many more to come for him. cheers
:facepalm:

lol @ your signature GIF. You wish that's what happened every time Messi faced Marcelo though.

danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit?

Post by billionmillion Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:39 pm

to tell the truth if he wins Euro he will equal his chance with Messi to win Ballon Dor. If not people will vote messi. as you can see majority is in messi's side...only if he win euro he will have 50/50 chance..now its 30/70
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:45 pm

How can he change people's mind that he is better than Messi? example his shoot from long range today was better than his 2 goals things like this makes people impressed. but unlikely it happens 1-2 times in a season.

I already lost my hope that he will never change people's thoughts he is better than messi. because messi has more to offer than him so he always will be more impressed than ronaldo..so what to do accept it and tell FIFA to make a new "second best player" award
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:56 pm

He doesn't have to be a better player than Messi to win the Ballon D'Or, he's had a tremendous season already, leading Madrid to winning their first league title in 4 years 9 points ahead of Barcelona.

And as a Bonus he's helped Portugal out of the group of death. Fantastic season already.

He's my vote for the Ballon D'Or.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:04 pm

Thankfully and rightfully you won't be voting for Ballon d'Or winner Smile
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by jontsu Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:10 pm

buddytaller wrote:He doesn't have to be a better player than Messi to win the Ballon D'Or, he's had a tremendous season already, leading Madrid to winning their first league title in 4 years 9 points ahead of Barcelona.

And as a Bonus he's helped Portugal out of the group of death. Fantastic season already.

Messi decided la-ligas el clasico in December, including CDR & Super copa.
Ronaldo decided, or should i say ozil decided the last clasico. And because it was the latest clasico, people of course tend to remember the latest better than others and think Ronaldo shined in all Barca fixtures.
jontsu
jontsu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:16 pm

buddytaller wrote:He doesn't have to be a better player than Messi to win the Ballon D'Or, he's had a tremendous season already, leading Madrid to winning their first league title in 4 years 9 points ahead of Barcelona.

Without his goals madrid are champions. without his goals portugal are through :facepalm: they got through in second game against denmark..and when holland lost vs germany...

how he can win if voters think he is not the best player? did you forgot 2010
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:23 pm

That is nonsense, without his goals Madrid would not have beaten Barcelona at the Camp Nou or Atletico away. Barcelona would have won the league with 10 matches to spare.

I understand Messi did great in a relatively inferior team, but Ronaldo delivered and led his team to the title.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:30 pm

Never gets full credit because he is rich, handsome and successful and every1 is jelly of his calves and thighs hmm
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:50 pm

Shite player.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Calebvision Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 am

Recognized by pundits one of the greatest players ever and no gratuitous thread on this forum will change that.

Further, Ibra, RVP, etc., etc., will NEVER be recognized by any pundit as being among the greatest players ever, obviously, talented as many of the may be!

In the interest of fair play, please post any claim ( by a recognized "expert", not some poster on here ) that Ibra, or RVP ( for example ) are mong the greatest players ever. Such claims about Ronaldo, are common and will only increase over next 3, or so, years.

Calebvision
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:20 am

Cronaldo is NOT one of the greatest players ever. To think so would be to make a mockery of the concept of "greatest player(s) ever"
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:23 am

Lex wrote:Cronaldo is NOT one of the greatest players ever. To think so would be to make a mockery of the concept of "greatest player(s) ever"

But he is, what are you talking about?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:30 am

Gil wrote:Shite player.

What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 2 Lutroll

Lex wrote:Cronaldo is NOT one of the greatest players ever. To think so would be to make a mockery of the concept of "greatest player(s) ever"

What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 2 Lutroll
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:30 am

He is a goal scorer and he scores a lot of goals. He is definitely a top 2 goal scorer.

If you remove his supply, he won't be able to score as much. But the thing is, he will still score more than the players you guys have said is better than him in overall play. So he is a top 3 player in my book.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:32 am

kiranr wrote:He is a goal scorer and he scores a lot of goals. He is definitely a top 2 goal scorer.

If you remove his supply, he won't be able to score as much. But the thing is, he will still score more than the players you guys have said is better than him in overall play. So he is a top 3 player in my book.

I will hazard the guess that if you remove anyone' supply, they wont score as much...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:35 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
kiranr wrote:He is a goal scorer and he scores a lot of goals. He is definitely a top 2 goal scorer.

I will hazard the guess that if you remove anyone' supply, they wont score as much...

Yes, which is why i said, even without supply he will still score more goals than most other top players, but not as much as he usually scores.

That is why i said he is atleast a top 3 player for me.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:41 am

as a goal scorer he is easily top two , but for me he is also a top two player.. yes he is a great goal scorer ,but its not as if he cant do shit otherwise.. he can still beat his man easily and does so 90 percent of the times, link up play is pretty good , is a constant threat from long range and is arguably the most lethal player in a counter attacking system.. also a very unappreciated fact - consistency, thats what separates great players like the ronaldos and messis from the nanis etc ..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:58 am

I'd say it's due to his holier than thou attitude and his superiority complex. Also, he has extremely unmanly characteristics that many find hilarious.

Not that he's a bad player, but when he obviously thinks he is, when he's not, he's bound to get lots of crap going his way.

Bad frakking luck playing at the same time as Messi, really...
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:20 am

The easiest way to answer this question is the way I answered a similar one after the Denmark game.

Ronaldo can be a team player but he has to score first. If he doesn't score, the whole game turns into a personal quest to get a goal and ignore everything else. He plays no defense this is if he scores or not but he has gotten better at passing since he moved to Madrid but worse at beating players one on one.

When he scores in the first half he turns into one of the best players ever but if he doesn't he is selfish and only looks for opportunities to get his goal and nothing else.

Even early in the first half against Holland today the announcer made a comment at how Holland were exploiting his side because he refused to run back or play any sort of defense what so ever.

In the Denmark game he made great runs but missed some easy chances. His teammates bailed him out and when Valero scored in the 85th minute to basically win the game and advance them to the next round Ronaldo looked like someone shot his dog and didn't celebrate with him when he was standing next to him when he scored. HE then pathetically spent the rest of the game cherry picking for a goal.

This IMO is why he bothers me at times, that was probably the biggest moment in Valero's career and he probably will never surpass it plus it was for his country which BTW Ronaldo's captain of now. The armband means nothing to him unless of course he's having a good game with a captain it should be the other way. around.

I know that the great players especially goal scorers are all selfish but there is something different about the brand of selfishness he displays.

And Like I said in another post after the Denmark game I hope we can put this Portugal are a crap team and that's why Ronaldo doesn't perform. They dragged him through that first round yet some Ronaldo fans will make you think the 2 goals he had against the team that failed to pick up 1 point in the group got them through.

He should know this but instead he will celebrate himself and not the teammates that put everything on the line for him and there country and that is the reason he rubs people the wrong way. I have never seen this sort of selfishness in another player.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:34 am

Lord Hades wrote: as a goal scorer he is easily top two , but for me he is also a top two player.. yes he is a great goal scorer ,but its not as if he cant do shit otherwise.. he can still beat his man easily and does so 90 percent of the times, link up play is pretty good , is a constant threat from long range and is arguably the most lethal player in a counter attacking system.. also a very unappreciated fact - consistency, thats what separates great players like the ronaldos and messis from the nanis etc ..

What a load of biased shite. Ronaldo couldn't beat a baby ffs.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:36 am

dnmac4 wrote:The easiest way to answer this question is the way I answered a similar one after the Denmark game.

Ronaldo can be a team player but he has to score first. If he doesn't score, the whole game turns into a personal quest to get a goal and ignore everything else. He plays no defense this is if he scores or not but he has gotten better at passing since he moved to Madrid but worse at beating players one on one.

When he scores in the first half he turns into one of the best players ever but if he doesn't he is selfish and only looks for opportunities to get his goal and nothing else.

Even early in the first half against Holland today the announcer made a comment at how Holland were exploiting his side because he refused to run back or play any sort of defense what so ever.

In the Denmark game he made great runs but missed some easy chances. His teammates bailed him out and when Valero scored in the 85th minute to basically win the game and advance them to the next round Ronaldo looked like someone shot his dog and didn't celebrate with him when he was standing next to him when he scored. HE then pathetically spent the rest of the game cherry picking for a goal.

This IMO is why he bothers me at times, that was probably the biggest moment in Valero's career and he probably will never surpass it plus it was for his country which BTW Ronaldo's captain of now. The armband means nothing to him unless of course he's having a good game with a captain it should be the other way. around.

I know that the great players especially goal scorers are all selfish but there is something different about the brand of selfishness he displays.

And Like I said in another post after the Denmark game I hope we can put this Portugal are a crap team and that's why Ronaldo doesn't perform. They dragged him through that first round yet some Ronaldo fans will make you think the 2 goals he had against the team that failed to pick up 1 point in the group got them through.

He should know this but instead he will celebrate himself and not the teammates that put everything on the line for him and there country and that is the reason he rubs people the wrong way. I have never seen this sort of selfishness in another player.

Perfect answer. Thumbs up

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:40 am

jibers wrote:
Lord Hades wrote: as a goal scorer he is easily top two , but for me he is also a top two player.. yes he is a great goal scorer ,but its not as if he cant do shit otherwise.. he can still beat his man easily and does so 90 percent of the times, link up play is pretty good , is a constant threat from long range and is arguably the most lethal player in a counter attacking system.. also a very unappreciated fact - consistency, thats what separates great players like the ronaldos and messis from the nanis etc ..

seriously Lord Hades guy is hilarious when it comes to C.Ronaldo.Like
Bilionmilion for Messi.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:57 am

Beautiful Football wrote:
jibers wrote:

Bilionmilion for Messi.

seriously? how about both of you take of your bias tinted glasses? he is no dinho or messi , but he does get past his man most of the time easily thanks to this physical gifts and quick turns .. SMH
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:02 am

Lord Hades wrote:
jibers wrote:

Bilionmilion for Messi.

seriously? how about both of you take of your bias tinted glasses? he is no dinho or messi , but he does get past his man most of the time easily thanks to this physical gifts and quick turns .. SMH
No player has the stat of getting past his opponent 90% of the time, that's a fact.
Anyways back on topic, I view CR7 as a poacher and winger nothing more, though when you see the bigger names like Messi, Pele, Maradona etc they are far more than a target man, his job is to score and still fall behinds Messi or so so that's why he isn't rated #1 as for rating him #2 sure as scoring but everything else? hard to compare a CM with a finisher right?
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:04 am

Lord Hades wrote:
jibers wrote:

Bilionmilion for Messi.

What physical gifts? LOL. The same Ronaldo that Balelsteros outpaced? Ronaldo can't dribble, he can sknock the ball past players, but so can Bale and Walcott. he is not a great dribller. Get over it. I am not biased. His dribbling a has gone downhill ver since 2007/08 season were he had to have ankle surgery. Next thing you'll tell me he's a free kick specialist. Laughing

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next