What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit?

+44
FennecFox7
harhar11
halamadrid2
I Live in a Fjord
Lord Awesome
BarrileteCosmico
vivabarca38
Zero
Dante
Zune
VivaStPauli
Jack Russell
punkfusion1992
zizzle
Zealous
pewpew
Doc
LeSwagg James
Gomez83
Beautiful Football
jibers
Dnmac4
Sushi Master
Lord Hades
kiranr
Mr Nick09
Calebvision
Gil
Swanhends
jontsu
buddytaller
Onyx
Tifoso Romanista
stunt
lszanto
S32TABLANCA
danyjr
Kingofeverythingclassy
Valkyrja
TrezeGent
Harmonica
BigBadBen
Lex
billionmillion
48 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

C.Ronaldo is a

What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 7 Vote_lcap40%What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 27 ]
What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 7 Vote_lcap15%What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 10 ]
What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 7 Vote_lcap16%What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 11 ]
What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 7 Vote_lcap12%What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 8 ]
What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 7 Vote_lcap16%What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 67

What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 7 Empty Re: What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit?

Post by kiranr Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:09 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:

tbh the only one that made the difference in that 3-1 win, was that deflected shot by Xavi that went in, all air went out of the players stomachs by then lol.... Then you have that brilliant cross by Alves that found Cesc, Missi didn't do anything that had me thinking ohh wow we could've lost by more there... the fact that he had to wait over 15 mins to get a touch on the ball says it all or that he had to go all the way down to DMs to do so, i am not saying he was completely FOTM because there were worse players, but to say Missi dominated when he didn't is just a fallacy

Missi had an average season deal with it

Messi did not dominate but he was one who created the first goal when everyone were pinned back by the Madrid pressing. He was the one who made the difference in that match.

Look, i did not want to get into this, but Messi by no means had an average season. He scored a record -breaking number of goals last season and that definitely does not qualify as an average season.

kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 7 Empty Re: What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit?

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:27 pm

kiranr wrote:Messi did not dominate but he was one who created the first goal when everyone were pinned back by the Madrid pressing. He was the one who made the difference in that match.

Look, i did not want to get into this, but Messi by no means had an average season. He scored a record -breaking number of goals last season and that definitely does not qualify as an average season.

i would give Sanchez all the credit for the first goal for managing to hold Cacktrao away from him and finishing the chance off cooly

when i say dominate just watch the second CL game, it was like our players ran after him like a tail, it was definitely not like that this season, nobody focused on him that he was able to sneak one of his balls in between our defence to an onrushing Abidal in the Copa...

i mean don't get me wrong he was Barcas best player but to say he performed better than Ronaldo when Ronaldo only had that little blip during the December period while Missi was below par for a good number of games is just ignorant, since he only just woke up when in fact the league was lost... making it even more facepalming that Jiopsi brings up stats that Missi was able to polish at the end of teh season(and just to clarify i did not praise Ronaldo last season when he did that, in fact i criticized him for it)
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:35 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:

i would give Sanchez all the credit for the first goal for managing to hold Cacktrao away from him and finishing the chance off cooly

when i say dominate just watch the second CL game, it was like our players ran after him like a tail, it was definitely not like that this season, nobody focused on him that he was able to sneak one of his balls in between our defence to an onrushing Abidal in the Copa...

i mean don't get me wrong he was Barcas best player but to say he performed better than Ronaldo when Ronaldo only had that little blip during the December period while Missi was below par for a good number of games is just ignorant, since he only just woke up when in fact the league was lost... making it even more facepalming that Jiopsi brings up stats that Missi was able to polish at the end of teh season(and just to clarify i did not praise Ronaldo last season when he did that, in fact i criticized him for it)

Yeah, i agree that CR had a very consistent and good season in the La Liga. While Messi was inconsistent in all competitions by his standards, whatever the reason. All i wanted to say was that Messi's season is by no means an average one inspite of the inconsistencies.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:40 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:i would give Sanchez all the credit for the first goal for managing to hold Cacktrao away from him and finishing the chance off cooly
Of course you would :facepalm:

What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 7 Di-DPTK

That's all you remember? :facepalm:

Copa Clasicos 1st leg

What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 7 Di-A7QI

2nd leg

First goal all Messi

What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 7 Di-TAQV

Second goal came from after the freekick that Messi earned, and Lass should have actually got a second yellow for it.

What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 7 Di-2Z4M

No yellow. Shocked :facepalm: Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:25 pm

kiranr wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:

tbh the only one that made the difference in that 3-1 win, was that deflected shot by Xavi that went in, all air went out of the players stomachs by then lol.... Then you have that brilliant cross by Alves that found Cesc, Missi didn't do anything that had me thinking ohh wow we could've lost by more there... the fact that he had to wait over 15 mins to get a touch on the ball says it all or that he had to go all the way down to DMs to do so, i am not saying he was completely FOTM because there were worse players, but to say Missi dominated when he didn't is just a fallacy

Messi did not dominate but he was one who created the first goal when everyone were pinned back by the Madrid pressing. He was the one who made the difference in that match.

kiranr wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:

Definetly agree with this.. his insane stats are half the story. He carried barca since he was their only real goal scoring threat.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:28 pm

BigBadBen wrote:Ok then, Ronaldo is strong, but a bitch.

Fair ?

Well hes no llorente but its not easy to push him off the ball. dont let his dives fool you lol
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:41 pm

jiopsi wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:
jiopsi wrote:Again this discussion? Messi was better in every competition this year than Cronaldo. I think that's pretty obvious for everybody who watched their games, no need to go on and on about it.

every competition??? LaLiga he definitely wasn't, Copa he wasn't, CL he was but against the Leverkusens, every ball has to go through Missi or else you get slaughtered ask Ibra.... Missi had an average season deal with it
He certainly was. In every possible way.

Messi & Cronaldo La Liga 2011-2012

Goals:

Messi 50 (10 penalty)
Cronaldo 46 (12 penalty)

Accuracy:

Messi 5.5 shots/ goal
Cronaldo 6.9 shots/ goal

Individuality of goals:

Messi, 22/50 or 44% were directly assisted (no involvement in buildup play)
Cronaldo, 35/46 or 80% were directly assisted (no involvement in buildup play)

Assists:

Messi 20
Cronaldo 12

Creativity:

Messi 56 throughballs, 92 key passes (resulting in a shot)
Cronaldo 19 throughballs, 60 key passes (resulting in a shot)

Build up play:

Messi 176 dribbless
Cronaldo 73 dribbless

Lost posession:

Messi 96 dispossessed + 61 turnovers = 157 times
Cronaldo 79 dispossessed + 86 turnovers = 165 times

MoM (whoscored.com)

Messi 24
Cronaldo 15

Importance of stats:

Here is La Liga 11-12 without Messi's and Cronaldo's goals, and assists:

What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 7 MessiCronoLaLiga

http://king-football.com/bb/?p=431

Messi got points for the team in 15 games, 35 overall.
Cronaldo got points for the team in 11 games, 25 overall.

jiopsi wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:i would give Sanchez all the credit for the first goal for managing to hold Cacktrao away from him and finishing the chance off cooly
Of course you would :facepalm:

What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 7 Di-DPTK

That's all you remember? :facepalm:

Copa Clasicos 1st leg

What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 7 Di-A7QI

2nd leg

First goal all Messi

What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 7 Di-TAQV

Second goal came from after the freekick that Messi earned, and Lass should have actually got a second yellow for it.

What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 7 Di-2Z4M

No yellow. Shocked :facepalm: Laughing

I love the way everyone just ignores this.... Jiopsi :bow:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:50 pm

Coincidental but I realise all 3 goals Lass had something to do with it. Anyway, ignoring Jibers and his retarded crusade, the man (Cristiano) IS still a wonderful footballer, just, you know, Messi is better. Nothing wrong with that to be honest.

Better season depends on one looks at things.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:52 pm

Doc wrote:Coincidental but I realise all 3 goals Lass had something to do with it. Anyway, ignoring Jibers and his retarded crusade, the man (Cristiano) IS still a wonderful footballer, just, you know, Messi is better. Nothing wrong with that to be honest.

FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:01 pm

Doc wrote:Coincidental but I realise all 3 goals Lass had something to do with it. Anyway, ignoring Jibers and his retarded crusade, the man (Cristiano) IS still a wonderful footballer, just, you know, Messi is better. Nothing wrong with that to be honest.

Humble and Respectful Doc :bow:

What Ronaldo lacks? Why he never gets full credit? - Page 7 Ronaldo
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:22 pm

I agree. Doc is a fine gentlemen :bow:

I do have to comment on how Jiopsi is absolutely murdering everyone on this thread. Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:41 pm

jiopsi wrote:That's all you remember? :facepalm:

thats what i mean, we focused on him so little that he was able to do those one time balls to the left side, dont bring me copa stats because thats where he was most horrible, 2 shots in the first half says it all really

fouls??? Xavi mouling down Ronaldo anyone???

does this mean Ronaldo was good against Barca???

Spoiler:

Based on this, youd think he was killing barca

Spoiler:

Fact still stands Missi was a noob against us in all clasicos this season and one or two assists don't change anything
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:46 pm

I disagree Hala. It is because you were focusing on him so much that he was able to set-up his team-mates.

I mean look at it, he has like 3-4 players on him all the time.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:53 pm

not at all, even Mou said we weren't focusing on him, but just like that Ronaldo run it shows when a guy runs with the ball you try and get him with many players, Arbeloa did what he shouldn't have done and thats to get sucked up into the middle leaving the right wing empty twice in two games that Pedro and Abidal were able to go and score from

Just look at how Arbeloa played with Tello there, he focused on his man rather than the ball and quickly everyone became really pale, but thats the good thing about Missi that Ronaldo doesn't have and thats even when he plays bad he can still contribute to a victory/draw, because Xavi could have scored from that Missi chip in the first half but then Jiopsi would have used that to try and convince me Missi played good when he obviously didn't lol
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:55 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:not at all, even Mou said we weren't focusing on him, but just like that Ronaldo run it shows when a guy runs with the ball you try and get him with many players, Arbeloa did what he shouldn't have done and thats to get sucked up into the middle leaving the right wing empty twice in two games that Pedro and Abidal were able to go and score from

Just look at how Arbeloa played with Tello there, he focused on his man rather than the ball and quickly everyone became really pale, but thats the good thing about Missi that Ronaldo doesn't have and thats even when he plays bad he can still contribute to a victory/draw, because Xavi could have scored from that Missi chip in the first half but then Jiopsi would have used that to try and convince me Missi played good when he obviously didn't lol

Are you saying good by Messi standards? Because by normal standards he played well. You expect too much from Messi lol.

In those Jiopsi clips, Madrid was focusing on Messi. But in the second Liga Clasico, i agree, Madrid defended very well and played an excellent match. But, even then Tello had a golden opportunity to score that he missed.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:20 pm

Messi had the greatest stat padding season of all time. How is being the best loser ever a compliment? hmm

The ridiculous amounts of penalties he has gotten this season has blinded you all :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:06 pm

What crusade? So disagreeing that Ronaldo din't have a better season than Messi is a crusade? Whatever...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:28 pm

Kinda like how Barca fans keep on rambling on how they would be 6th without Messi's stats. Yeah right! As if you would not have someone play his position, touch the ball as much as he does, take his penalties etc. For example, replace Messi with 09 Eto and Sure you would not be as good as you are with Messi (which was stil not enough to win LL and Cl ), but i am sure you would not have been sixth last season. Get over yourself.
Plus, its funny how the thread is asking whether Cr7 is the 2ND BEST player in the world, and all i see is people giving reasons why he is not the BEST!
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:29 pm

Kinda like how Barca fans keep on rambling on how they would be 6th without Messi's stats. Yeah right! As if you would not have someone play his position, touch the ball as much as he does, take his penalties etc. For example, replace Messi with 09 Eto and Sure you would not be as good as you are with Messi (which was stil not enough to win LL and Cl ), but i am sure you would not have been sixth last season. Get over yourself.
Plus, its funny how the thread is asking whether Cr7 is the 2ND BEST player in the world, and all i see is people giving reasons why he is not the BEST!
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:44 pm

mzamani wrote:Kinda like how Barca fans keep on rambling on how they would be 6th without Messi's stats. Yeah right! As if you would not have someone play his position, touch the ball as much as he does, take his penalties etc.
Who rambling about that? Of course somebody would take his place. :facepalm: The table was just highlighting the influence of Cronaldo and Messi this season. And Messi clearly was carrying the team a lot more. Can't believe somebody actually didn't get this, well maybe I do.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:55 pm

jiopsi wrote:
mzamani wrote:Kinda like how Barca fans keep on rambling on how they would be 6th without Messi's stats. Yeah right! As if you would not have someone play his position, touch the ball as much as he does, take his penalties etc.
Who rambling about that? Of course somebody would take his place. :facepalm: The table was just highlighting the influence of Cronaldo and Messi this season. And Messi clearly was carrying the team a lot more. Can't believe somebody actually didn't get this, well maybe I do.

Those numbers you copy and pasted have been proven void and you know it. Laughing
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:01 pm

On topic, imv, over the last 6 years Cr7 has done enough to be regarded as the 2nd best player in the world. The fact that people can compare him to Messi(whether legit or not) is testament to this. Ask yourselves this, is there any other player who is even mentioned next to Messi in this kinds of conversations? Have you ever had fans Chanting !Messi Messi! against any other player like they do with Cr7? This and the fact that almost every post here is claiming that he is not as good as MESSI instead of claiming that he is not the 2nd best is full testament to the fact that he is atleast the 2nd best player. Imv, he is not as good as Messi(no one will probably) but he is good enough for second best. Whether he or Madrid fans accept this is another story alltogether
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:03 pm

Its clear that Messi carried his team, even though he did not win them anything (notable), unlike Ronaldo.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:29 pm

So you clearly believe Madrid would have won without CR7?
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:44 pm

i dont get why some fans play this game over and over, everything messi does is goat and everything cr does is shit, blah blah post a stat, blah blah blah post a gif, blah blah blah post a quote, blah blah blah post a pic/meme and blah blah blah, end of the day messi>ron but some just want the gap to be really wide when its pretty close between the 2
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:27 pm

mzamani wrote:So you clearly believe Madrid would have won without CR7?
I dont think we would have, he was immense for Madrid

there were games last season when Ronaldo carried the team, when Benzema, Di Maria and Ozil were misfiring
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next