McAgger
mr-r34
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
BeautifulGame
32 posters

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 6 Empty Re: Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:20 pm

Not that I think it has any chance of happening, but McCarthy is actually great.

Got Ireland to the 2002 World Cup and were knocked out against Spain in the last-16.

Got Sunderland promoted to the Prem (although was unable to keep them there and got sacked).

Got Wolves promoted to the Prem and kept them there for two seasons. Was sacked during the third and Wolves went into a free fall, not only playing worse after sacking McCarthy and getting relegated, they even got relegated the season after from the Championship to League One.

Took over struggling, relegation-threatened Ipswich Town mid-season in 2012 and kept them comfortably in the Championship, finishing 14th. Last season they finished 9th and are currently 4th in the table.

Seriously, McCarthy is legit. Has plenty of experience from the Premier League and has even managed at a World Cup. Every team he has taken charge of has improved under him.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 6 Empty Re: Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:35 pm

lmao if Mick McCarthy every became a Liverpool manager I'm gonna hunt you down Morty, you better believe it.

Dat gif though
Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 6 Coach-Mick-Mcarthy-Look-at-Camera-Smile
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:39 pm

Our next manager, if Rodgers every got Sacked should be Tony Popovic :coffee:
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:02 am

Australia business only in Asia, mate :coffee:
Also, if BR ever gets sacked, we need someone really experienced person of top class, we need to steady our boat by finishing in top 4 for at least 2-3 seasons continuously and then we will see what happens!!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:05 am

He was at Crystal palace as a coach before hand and is wanted by several small clubs from the BPL as a manager now, he will manage a big club in 10 yrs, you heard it hear first.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:16 am

If it happens that BR gets sacked. . . the only name that comes to mind is Klopp hmm
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:12 am

"I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool," he told the club's website.
"I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.
"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."
“I know I will return to Liverpool as coach one day, almost certainly. What I don’t know is when, but my wife and children still live there, so I will be back,” he said.

hmm :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:24 am

Can't see FSG ever hiring Rafa. I love the man to death but I've moved on, can't dwell on the past. He would be in the top 5 (probably 5th or 4th) in my personal list of ideal managers to take over if we had a vacancy but FSG would never do it, I'm certain of that.

I have no doubt we would be European heavyweights if he came though. Would probably not win the league under him again but most definitely be a monster in Europe over 2 legs.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:27 am

Fahim89 wrote:If it happens that BR gets sacked. . . the only name that comes to mind is Klopp hmm

Every football clubs and fans dream coach. Will never ever come here sadly (or atleast for the next decade).

Also most other quality managers that we'd ideally want are all employed. At this point it's pointless to replace Rodgers. We would never get someone better. I hope he gets time.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:27 am

We could if we poached him from Italy.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:29 am

Don't call me James wrote:Can't see FSG ever hiring Rafa. I love the man to death but I've moved on, can't dwell on the past. He would be in the top 5 (probably 5th or 4th) in my personal list of ideal managers to take over if we had a vacancy but FSG would never do it, I'm certain of that.

I have no doubt we would be European heavyweights if he came though. Would probably not win the league under him again but most definitely be a monster in Europe over 2 legs.

What? The only reason we didn't win the league was because of a lack of depth.

The man had us challenging us on all fronts, with a limited squad, being backed by a group milking the club so with limited funds, and put us on the map again.

He also has the experience needed of winning trophies. He'll bring us guaranteed silverware. We won't be a laughing stock in Europe either.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:30 am

Red Alert wrote:We could if we poached him from Italy.

Oh yeah Rafa would definitely come if he asked him to, but like I said FSG won't do it in a million years what with Rafa's 'us vs ownership' attitude (even if it was justified).
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:31 am

The only reason he was against ownership was because they were killing the club. We almost went into administration ffs. FSG took the same people to court to get ownership of the club.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:47 am

Red Alert wrote:The only reason he was against ownership was because they were killing the club. We almost went into administration ffs. FSG took the same people to court to get ownership of the club.  

Don't tell me kid, I know what went on. Rafa has had issues with ownership at Inter as well. If FSG wanted Rafa back, they would have got him in Summer '12 when he was available but they went with a guy who had 1 year of coaching experience at mid table club in the top flight and finished 11th.

I'm not arguing a case of why we shouldn't get Rafa, I'm saying through all the factual evidence that's at our disposal logically it would seem that FSG would not hire Rafa so it's a moot point.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:35 am

"Kid" Laughing

Rafa had issues at Inter because they were thinking he was Mourinho. They also expected him to play 30+ year olds, instead of giving a chance to the younger players. (How we got the services of Coutinho...) He also won silverware there.

FSG should learn. Rodgers has spent over 200m at Liverpool in 3 years for no progress. Yeah, we had an amazing last season last season, but 3 years down the track we're in the same position we were 3 years ago. Yeah, we're in CL blah blah, but give it a couple of months and we won't be. I'll be surprised if we finish in a European spot this season too. So we're back at stage one, 3, maybe 4 years down the track. Rebuilding. This going to be fun. Who's the next superstar we make before we sell him and restart again? Cou? Sterling? Dan if he stays fit? My boy Mario? Proud

We needed experience in the CL. Rodgers doesn't have any. 3/4 of our players don't have. I'll be surprised if any of our staff do too. Instead what do we do? Weaken the starting XI, buy a whole lot of depth from players who have never played in the CL (apart from Mario, and we isolate him and use him as scapegoat but that's for another thread), who don't even feature when needed most. (Why spend 25m on Lallana if you're not going to use him? Why spend 20m on a raw talent if you're not going to use him properly? Why spend 20m on Dejan ******** Lovren when Kolo Toure from all players is a better player? And get rid of Agger for like 2m. Yeah, DAgger should of probably left, but you don't get rid for inferior players ffs. Sakho is now being frozen out, which is stupid considering he's our best CB... but let's go on)

There's no system in place. 3 years down the track. We're still heavily reliant on one player (currently an injury player...), we have no balance in the squad. There's too many players in the squad right now waiting for magic to happen. We're playing 433, something that doesn't suit the squad at all. All the signings "for the future" haven't made an impact. Joe Allen is solid, but he's no better than Henderson. Borini doesn't get a chance. Which is a shame because he's the only one that looks like he wants to fight/make it here. We got Alberto in when we already had Cou/Suso. Suso is apparently on the way to Italy. One of the few playmakers at the club, too. A player we'd probably overspend to bring him into the squad. We don't play too many players from academy either, so he's abandoned the whole youth thing. You either have too many experience and need to be phased out, or you have "players for the future" that don't even play.

Rodgers needed time at a big club somewhere. He's been sacked from a Championship side for not changing his ways, and he did well at Swansea, kudos to him. But like you said he's only had one years experience. And even then, that was at mid-table level. He's done somewhat well at Liverpool too. He showed so much in the league but he's stagnated. If we want to progress, as a consistent CL, title challenging side, he needs to go. We need experience, and we need quality. Rodgers is a risk right now. It was all for see last season that SAS carried him but people chose to ignore it to "believe". He's not going to be a 'top manager' unless he changes his ways, and wants to actually learn/adapt instead of being an arrogant fool....... and even then it's not guaranteed he'll succeed. We need experience and we need quality. The sooner FSG sees that, the better. Rafa, Klopp or Frank de Boer for me in please.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:27 pm

From 12 May 2012:

Brendan Rodgers has rejected suggestions that Liverpool's season under Kenny Dalglish has been a failure as he prepares to lock horns with the Reds boss at the Liberty Stadium.

Dalglish secured Carling Cup glory with February's nerve-jangling Wembley success against Cardiff, but last weekend's FA Cup final defeat to Chelsea and a current Premier League position of eighth has led to criticism of the Scot.

The Anfield club are also facing the prospect of finishing below neighbours Everton for the first time since 2005, and Dalglish has come in for stick for his tactics and his transfer market dealings, with an outlay of over £100million failing to ignite a title challenge.

But Swansea manager Rodgers, who will be looking to end a memorable campaign with a win and a possible top-10 finish, believes Dalglish needs to be given time if he is to bring sustained success back to Liverpool in the long term.

'I don't believe their season has been a failure, he has been in the process of rebuilding,' said Rodgers.

'When he had the second half of last season there he did a terrific job, he renewed the motivation in the group and city, and this season he has reshaped the squad. It's the beginning of a process that he hopes in the future will bring success.

'But that's the problem with being a manager; it's like trying to build an aircraft while it is flying.

'You don't get time to put it in the hanger and do everything you need and send it out there, you have to try and do it while it's flying and that's what he is in the process of.

'It is nowhere near a failure to get to two cup finals, winning one and going very close in another one.

'Liverpool has an incredible history of winning leagues and European Cups but the reality is they are having to build back towards that, and the Liverpool supporters probably see no better man to do that than Kenny.

'He has a history of success at the club as a player and a manager.

'He has a strong team behind him but unfortunately everyone looks to the short term, but he has done a terrific job and he will look to develop and grow next season.'
It is not an easy task. Those quotes explain much more than just those few lines written there. BR was a risk and is a still a risk. I agree with that part of RA's post. But what makes a talented manager 'a top class manager' is to read, understand, anticipate, plan and execute to a level such that you can manage the results in all sorts of situation. BR's category is yet to be decided because we will see how he has learned and how he will implement it.

But saying that SAS carried him. I dont agree with it completely. I mean it was down to his tactics that SAS worked so credit has to be given to him. You just can not forget about 5-1, 5-0.

So I wont sack him because the last season was a fluke and it just happened because of some unknown divine force. It happened because he worked on it. But I will sack him because he had complete control of everything and he still failed to manage to get results. The thing that not only result wise but performance wise also we are not able to deliver atm. But it is never an easy job, I already told my criteria by which he should be sacked.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:54 am

^ BRs category is the same as AVB. Young, stubborn managers that CAN be world class but refuse to "learn". It's either their way, or the high way. They felt they've already made it to that top class bracket when they are so far from there. And that's the reason they put so much pressure upon themselves, they don't even want to be reactive let alone proactive (what top managers are).

Anywho, Rodgers quotes:

“We have signed talented young players,” Rodgers said. “Over their time here, whether it is with me or not, they will show they are very good players. We know what targets we wanted but, for one reason or another, they went elsewhere. We work with what we have got and we hope to improve it and get back to the level that we have shown over 18 months.
“We were in a great position at the end of last season. We had Champions League football and a way of working. We just have to work harder to convince these players to come. The club has done everything they could over the course of the summer to get the players to come here.
“In football terms, players look for more than that. They look for social factors, where they want to live. We can’t control that. If someone gets offered, say, more money to come here than elsewhere but they want to go to London, there is not much you can do about that.”

Part in bold, is he feeling the pressure? Will he finally grow a pair and play a 4312? Or will he persist in his 433? hmm

Part in red, if he honestly believes we failed in the transfer market because of Alexis Sanchez, he's an idiot. How the hell did we bring in the likes of Torres, Alonso, Mascherano etc? How the hell do United/City attract top quality? Also, putting so much effort into one player, and then making your back up target for said player Lallana for 25....... Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:34 am

It's the most important stage of his career as a LFC manager.

I have no feelings either way, because it's ENTIRELY up to him to make right and harsh calls (for which he is paid millions).

Our short-comings are there to see for everyone. Rodgers himself knows it too...he'll have to step on his pride and put friendship with certain players aside.

Starting with dropping Gerrard. We need to move forward. No team on planet builds their team around a soon to be 35 year old. Harsh reality, but Rodgers' friendship with Gerrard and the fact that SG is his landlord could cost him his job.

One thing is for sure. in the next fortnight, Rodgers will be a busy man, and will have to make some career-defining decisions.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:09 pm

Don't see how dropping Gerrard is so hard, it's the most obvious choice. Rodgers needs to grow a pair.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:08 am

Rodgers seriously needs to grow some balls and drop mr.Liverpool from the starting line-up.

I'd like to see Can-Hendo-Cou midfield with Sterling-Balo-Studge in front of them. Let's see if Balo actually works good when there's a quality striker playing next to him.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:29 am

BusterLfc wrote:Rodgers seriously needs to grow some balls and drop mr.Liverpool from the starting line-up.

I'd like to see Can-Hendo-Cou midfield with Sterling-Balo-Studge in front of them. Let's see if Balo actually works good when there's a quality striker playing next to him.

I have crossed the f**** river and came back in this world once again just to see if that really works!!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:27 am

So much LOL worthy quotes coming to bite him in the ass right now, it's so face palm worthy, FML.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:10 am

mr-r34 wrote:So much LOL worthy quotes coming to bite him in the ass right now, it's so face palm worthy, FML.

Fat Sam:

"There are two types of coaches. There’s coaches like me who weigh up the opposition and ask the team to adjust. Fergie was similar. Jose [Mourinho] is similar. Then there’s Arsene who won’t adjust. There’s Brendan [Rodgers] who looks like he won’t adjust. There’s Manuel Pellegrini who looks like he won’t adjust, even in the Champions League. He seems to favour what he’s got. City are quite open.
“Their [Wenger/Rodgers/Pellegrini] philosophy is different to ours. Ours is more about who are we playing against. Their philosophy is more ‘we always play this way’ and they won’t change, they carry doing on the same thing. That’s why you can beat them.

The only manager greater than Sir Alan Pardew. We should of listened to this beautiful man. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:57 pm

BusterLfc wrote:Rodgers seriously needs to grow some balls and drop mr.Liverpool from the starting line-up.

Couldn't agree more with this. I think keeping Gerrard where he is, and always there, is Rodgers' biggest fault right now. Despite his tactical inflexibility that he seems to be showing I think the team could still perform quite well with someone more defensively capable and spry covering for the back-line and laying off the ball to the midfield.

Henderson-Can-Coutinho
Sterling
Balotelli-Sturridge

I would even play this for now until Studge is healthy:

Henderson-Can-Coutinho
Lallana
Balotelli-Sterling

Or Borini. Can playing deeper in midfield in both set-ups.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:20 pm

Ben Smith (BBC):
"Lots of questions regarding Brendan Rodgers' future. I am told it is not even a talking point for ‪#‎LFC‬ owners. He is their man. Full stop."

:coffee:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:12 pm

Fahim89 wrote:Ben Smith (BBC):
"Lots of questions regarding Brendan Rodgers' future. I am told it is not even a talking point for ‪#‎LFC‬ owners. He is their man. Full stop."

:coffee:

As it should be for now, honestly the getting sacked talk is too much right now, it's early on and we still got 26 games left. He just needs to sort his shit out, it took him a while to drop the 3 at the back system last year, and it's taking him a *bleep* long time to drop some of the BS tactics he keeps failing with this season. At a minimum he should see out the season, if he continues to deploy the same failing tactics till the final game and we finish below 4th, then well his made his own bed.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next