What's the transfer funds of this transfer window?

5 posters

Go down

What's the transfer funds of this transfer window? Empty What's the transfer funds of this transfer window?

Post by LWL91 Tue May 29, 2012 1:01 pm

We can and will sell quite a few players too but I was wondering if anyone know just how much we are expected to deal with this transfer window. What's the budget so to speak..?
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

What's the transfer funds of this transfer window? Empty Re: What's the transfer funds of this transfer window?

Post by dronte Tue May 29, 2012 1:28 pm

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

What's the transfer funds of this transfer window? Empty Re: What's the transfer funds of this transfer window?

Post by Juventude Tue May 29, 2012 1:56 pm

I've said this a few times, but you shouldn't view the sale of a player as pure revenue that will go into the transfer budget. This is especially true for any players purchased in the last 2-3 years that we paid a substantial amount for because we didn't get our expected years out of those players and we need to make up for the money we paid for them. The sale of players like Krasic, Elia, or Matri should be viewed as making up the cost for their original transfer to Juve. Otherwise, that would mean that Juve spent 15 million for a player like Krasic and only got two years for him. If we sell him for 10 million and spend that on another player, that's a 25 million loss over just two years with one player to show for all that spending.

Some sales will put money in our budget, but you need to be careful about raising your expectations that sales of other players will equate to more money to spend.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Halfsharkgator Tue May 29, 2012 3:11 pm

I haven't seen a number yet really.. But besides the buying of loaned players, I don't see us spending more then like 40 million on new players..
I think if we splurge, it'll be only on a striker. Maybe 20million
The rest on a central and left defenders and a central midfielder to rotate
I hope marotta can pull of some smart moves again(lich, barz, pirlo)
We still have a lot of loaned players like giacc, esti, caceres, boriello etc...
If we don't buy them then we will lack depth
Halfsharkgator
Halfsharkgator
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by stefanobada Tue May 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Halfsharkgator wrote:I haven't seen a number yet really.. But besides the buying of loaned players, I don't see us spending more then like 40 million on new players..
I think if we splurge, it'll be only on a striker. Maybe 20million
The rest on a central and left defenders and a central midfielder to rotate
I hope marotta can pull of some smart moves again(lich, barz, pirlo)
We still have a lot of loaned players like giacc, esti, caceres, boriello etc...
If we don't buy them then we will lack depth

We already purchased caceres
stefanobada
stefanobada
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Tue May 29, 2012 9:40 pm

True what you both say. But what about that quality striking signing? Last summer we spent 15 million € on Vucinic but that was sort of a last-minute option given that Luis Enrique wanted to add some youth to Roma instead of playing Vucinic.. When we were looking to sign Aguero is heard reports that we offered Atletico Madrid something like 30 million € but City took him for something like 35 million €. If Marotta actually offered 30 million € I firmly believe he is willing to do so again. Vucinic only cost us 15 million €, but when there were no other top priority players available then Aguero, they probably decided to wait for a new real target and settle with Vucinic for now, and that was quite a deal now that he has shown to be the best striker of Juventus this season.
Reports earlier this year suggested that Juve would spend big this summer and sign a striker of top international class. And to be honest that is just what we need. Putting down names or prices seems impossible right now but the fact that we have already opened the checkbook for 30 million € once gives hope that we are willing to do so again, right? smoking
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue May 29, 2012 9:48 pm

LWL91 wrote:True what you both say. But what about that quality striking signing? Last summer we spent 15 million € on Vucinic but that was sort of a last-minute option given that Luis Enrique wanted to add some youth to Roma instead of playing Vucinic.. When we were looking to sign Aguero is heard reports that we offered Atletico Madrid something like 30 million € but City took him for something like 35 million €. If Marotta actually offered 30 million € I firmly believe he is willing to do so again. Vucinic only cost us 15 million € but that was quite a deal now that he has shown to be the best striker of Juventus this season. Reports earlier this year suggested that Juve would spend big this summer and sign a striker of top international class. And to be honest that is just what we need. Putting down names or prices seems impossible right now but the fact that we have already opened the checkbook for 30 million € gives hope that we are going to do it again?

I agree with you. I think that Juve is willing to spend 30 million for the right player, but I'm not so sure that 30 million will get us players like Higuain or Suarez and I think that's the caliber of player that Marotta and Agnelli would spend that kind of money on. Unfortunately, teams like PSG, Chelsea, and Man City are going to throw the market off again by paying too much.

I really wish that Juve would bring in a big name, but Marotta may decide to take a risk on a younger player like Damiao or Destro. I think Marotta should spend big on a CF. Buy Gio at a price that is less than what we would pay for a full contract of a SS. Then add depth through a series of reasonable or free transfers.

It's going to be an interesting summer and the real buying and selling may not begin until after Euros.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Tue May 29, 2012 10:27 pm

Exactly. The Giovinco deal seems more and more essential every day. I recently watched Italy vs United States and to be honest i believe Giovinco was absolutely world class in the first half. I agree that Marotta might go for a cheaper, less proven, CF option like Destro or Damiao but if Giovinco will come back for little money we do have the necessary fonds to raise a serious offer for Higuain or JoJo.. I recently read something about Dzeko for 20 million €. That sounds like Marotta actually.. Only problem is that City signed him for something like 25-30 million € so i doubt they'd settle with that much less.

I also find it hard to believe that Poul Pogba would accept a loan spell as soon as he arrive. I mean, he turned down Manchester United for a club such as Juventus, why would he accept to be loaned and almost sacrificed as bait in a potential Asamoah deal? I think it's about time to go for Verratti as well. Verratti should be signed before the Euros. Pogba seems official to me, but I agree with you that I don't see us signing any big-money player until after the Euros. Who knows, somebody might appear out of the blue Laughing
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down