Onyx
arabprince
Ganso
Grande_Milano
Milantildeath
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Our Worst Transfer Window Ever? Empty Our Worst Transfer Window Ever?

Post by Milantildeath Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:24 pm

I've been reading all of these posts about people saying that this is our worst Transfer season ever, and I stop to think of myself and say what?! There is no way in hell that this is even close to our worst transfer season ever, not by a long shot. We signed quite possibly the best French Center Back right now (arguably before his injury) Mexes, an athletic FREAK in Taiwo (both for free mind you), The MOST talented youth product in Italy the little Pharaoh, An Italian International Aquilani for only 6mil if he plays 25 games, so I really don't get how any of you think that this is horrible transfer season. We needed a Left back, we got it, we needed a Mezz'ala we got it, we needed another Center Back we got it, we beat out the competition to El Shaarawy which will pay off in the long run, there is no way I can call that a fail at all. You all cry about an "AM" when we have Prince, Robinho, El Shaarawy, SEEDORF! even Aquilani can play there why would we spend 50mil on a position we have 5 players that can play that position? You all underestimate El Shaarawy as well, his talent is immense at 17 he was named player of Serie B which is nothing to overlook. I'm not expecting, but wouldn't be surprised if he grabbed a starting role this season as the Trequartista this season, and over the next three seasons I expect him to be the starter. You are all screaming and crying to get Kaka back, but you don't realize his price and wages will throw us into the red economically and would be a waste of a signing in my opinion. Hate this statement or love it, he is a world class footballer but, the guy is Injury prone and doesn't have the legs he used to he cannot play every game at the highest level and needs rest to be able to play at a world class level. It started in his last season with us, he was injured a lot of the time with rest he can be great, but if we are going to spend 20+mil I don't want it on a player that will only play about 15-20 games. I trust the players we have right now, and have full trust in Allegri and the management, flamini is out for 6 months I know, but we have the players in the squad right now to compensate, we have 30 players!
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Our Worst Transfer Window Ever? Empty Re: Our Worst Transfer Window Ever?

Post by Grande_Milano Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:50 pm

If Sharaawy becomes a playe like Kaka for us, then I ll acknowledge Galliani's work. But, he may also turn like Addiya, etc.

I am still thinking we need a more experienced and star-like player as an AM.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:56 pm

"You all cry about an "AM" when we have Prince, Robinho, El Shaarawy, SEEDORF! even Aquilani can play there why would we spend 50mil on a position we have 5 players that can play that position?"

Because we would prefer our Mr x....

whoever says hat this is the worst TW ever is delusional,but i must admit that galliani/berlu/allegri trolled us hard with that mr x talk
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:46 pm

Definitely not our worst. We got Taiwo, Mexes, and Aquilani, all quality signings. Plus a youth product in el shaarawi (I honestly have no idea what this kid can do, I've never seen him, but apparently we have high hopes for him). Only problem with this transfer window is that they hyped us a huge signing and didn't deliver. That's the only problem.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:59 pm

Boateng is a B2B/DM, Robinho is a winger, El Shaarawy is young, Seedorf is old and there's better than Aquilani.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by KR10 Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:31 pm

Milantildeath wrote:I've been reading all of these posts about people saying that this is our worst Transfer season ever, and I stop to think of myself and say what?! There is no way in hell that this is even close to our worst transfer season ever, not by a long shot. We signed quite possibly the best French Center Back right now (arguably before his injury) Mexes, an athletic FREAK in Taiwo (both for free mind you), The MOST talented youth product in Italy the little Pharaoh, An Italian International Aquilani for only 6mil if he plays 25 games, so I really don't get how any of you think that this is horrible transfer season. We needed a Left back, we got it, we needed a Mezz'ala we got it, we needed another Center Back we got it, we beat out the competition to El Shaarawy which will pay off in the long run, there is no way I can call that a fail at all. You all cry about an "AM" when we have Prince, Robinho, El Shaarawy, SEEDORF! even Aquilani can play there why would we spend 50mil on a position we have 5 players that can play that position? You all underestimate El Shaarawy as well, his talent is immense at 17 he was named player of Serie B which is nothing to overlook. I'm not expecting, but wouldn't be surprised if he grabbed a starting role this season as the Trequartista this season, and over the next three seasons I expect him to be the starter. You are all screaming and crying to get Kaka back, but you don't realize his price and wages will throw us into the red economically and would be a waste of a signing in my opinion. Hate this statement or love it, he is a world class footballer but, the guy is Injury prone and doesn't have the legs he used to he cannot play every game at the highest level and needs rest to be able to play at a world class level. It started in his last season with us, he was injured a lot of the time with rest he can be great, but if we are going to spend 20+mil I don't want it on a player that will only play about 15-20 games. I trust the players we have right now, and have full trust in Allegri and the management, flamini is out for 6 months I know, but we have the players in the squad right now to compensate, we have 30 players!

here's why people say we have had a crap transfer window, and i agree with them. Sure we got good deals money wise, but didn't really bring in too much quality. Mexes is our only good signing imo

1. Taiwo: I don't get the hype behind him. He's pretty slow and doesn't know how to defend properly, as can be seen from his days in france. don't expect him to do an abate

2. el sharaaway: the chances of him becoming a superstar are slim(it is the same for every talented 18 year old)... yet we payed 8 mil for half his contract... could have got montolivo instead

3. our midfield lacked creativity, dynamism and pace last year... have we fixed that problem? No, we have not. In fact we have made it worse by letting go of pirlo(that too for free)... and all our other mids are 1 year older...seedorf, mvb, gatuuso, ambrosini... all 34+ years old... do u honestly think we can compete in the ucl with that mid? hell no

we needed a complete moidfield overhaul and instead extended our veterans contracts... with the may we've been spending there is ZERO chance we will replace our veterans with star players... just look at pirlo/aquilani... what a downgrade in quality

i'd give our market a 5/10 at max

KR10
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:49 pm

Since money would be a bit slim at Milanello right now
I would rate this transfer window, in terms of economics, a 10/10

Taiwo - Free
Mexes - Free
El Shaarawy - 10mil
Aquilani - Free loan

Total - 10mil

But we didn't actually need to have a jaw-dropping transfer window like last season. This may be Galliani talking through me here but this squad won Serie A last season. I don't see the need to sign players like Schweinsteiger, Kaka, Hamsik and Fabregas RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW BECAUSE WE OBVIOUSLY NEED THEM REALLY, REALLY, REALLY BAD.
Look at Serie A right now. Inter are in a state of reformation. Juve are still settling for 2nd and 3rd choice transfers. There's Roma who have been scraping through their games in pre-season who, like Inter, are also in a state of reformation. The only challengers are Napoli as far as i'm concerned but still, Allegri seems to know how to handle that club so I can't see them overtaking us.

The point is, Our squad depth and quality is the best in Serie A and in these times of economic hardship where we have to think twice about everything we spend, Milan did very well to sign these players on a limited budget in this transfer market
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:01 pm

Maybe Galiani is saving for January?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:12 pm

did it really end?
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:29 am

mtfootball wrote:Boateng is a B2B/DM, Robinho is a winger, El Shaarawy is young, Seedorf is old and there's better than Aquilani.

Prince is nothing near a DM, he is a natural CAM, but can play as a CM. He is way too attack minded to be a DM. As for El Shaarawy (this is directed at other people, not you) People are saying that his chances are "slim" at becoming a great player, he is the most talented Italian youth product right now. He has proven himself in Serie B and will prove himself with us.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:32 am

most people,me included,thinks he should play CM.

I hope Aquilani plays as a CAM so he can give us better passing and maybe some dribbling
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:33 am

I'd prefer Robinho as the Trequartista
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:02 am

same here,but i have a feeling Alegri doesnt like binho as a CAM
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:16 am

Ganso wrote:same here,but i have a feeling Alegri doesnt like binho as a CAM

If Prince is moved to CM like he said I see Robinho filling that Role
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:30 am

That's precisely why I think it will be aquilani,if allegri had to move boa to the 3 man mid because of robinho he would have done it before
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:32 am

He has used it before, I don't see why he couldn't do it again
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:11 am

I think when judging the transfer window you must look at all aspects, not just who we signed. You have to think about the availability of the market and keep everything in perspective. There wasn't that much too work with this off season, many players that were available were overpriced. So in my opinion we had a great transfer window if you take everything into account. I understand why everybody was so hyped and waiting for that new gift, but you must be happy that your team wasn't willing to just bring anybody in.

At the end of the day I much rather bring in the right players that fit into our new system, not just signing that will keep the fans happy. I feel like Milan going about many things the right way and you won't here many if any complaints from me.

That being said, I do think we will get a nice present in January Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:47 am

Montolivo or Ganso to arrive in January

Fiorentina may finally cave in on the idea of getting him to extend his contract and may actually decide to sell Montolivo in January to actually get some money from him.

Ganso has said said he wants to play in Milan but also wants to play in the FIFA Club World Cup first, so a January transfer (at the earliest) is on the cards.
Could the little amount of money spent this transfer window be due to the possible signing of Ganso in January?
It's not that far-fetched....
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:05 am

Whether we have saved for the future or have simply reduced our spending all together, I am not disappointed at all with this transfer window. Our coffers were drained at the beginning of the window as we closed out co-ownerships such as Boateng and el-Shaarawy, not to mention an 8 million installment on Ibrahimovic, so I think some might have forgotten how much we have really spent, but all in all it was a strong transfer market. Not one filled with shiny toys, though the window still has life left in it, however we've strengthened the squad for Serie A and I am patient in our hunt for Europe.

You can most likely guess my biggest disappointment of the transfer season, however I'm not going to let it distract from the succession of necessary deals which were completed.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:42 am

Our pre-Leonardo summer transfer season was far, far, far worse and we even had a worse squad to start off with then. I think almost everybody can agree with this.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoban Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:10 pm

This would have been a half decent transfer campaign had Silvio not "promised " us a gift , a champion. We were played like fools into this Mister X bullcrap. All these BS hints about his height and eye colour was all mind games and now we have no promised champion. Had Silvio, Gallaini and Allegri not said anything we would have been content now
BigBoban
BigBoban
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:14 pm

BigBoban wrote:This would have been a half decent transfer campaign had Silvio not "promised " us a gift , a champion. We were played like fools into this Mister X bullcrap. All these BS hints about his height and eye colour was all mind games and now we have no promised champion. Had Silvio, Gallaini and Allegri not said anything we would have been content now

yeah, building up our expectations was kind of unfair
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:14 pm

Nine hours to go, you never know. Wink

I haven't forgotten the previous transfer rumours where we were linked to everyone and failed, at least we laid the solid foundation initially.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:43 pm

Sleep
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:47 pm

I think we did good
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next