Great Leader Sprucenuce
S32TABLANCA
Adit
Ganso
sportsczy
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are there big favorites for Euro 2012? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are there big favorites for Euro 2012?

Post by McLewis Fri May 25, 2012 4:24 am

Obviously it's Spain and Germany, but I also expect the Dutch to have their say before falling by the wayside like they did in 08.

As for surprise packages, now that's a more interesting discussion imo. I can see Poland making a nuisance of themselves as well as the Swedes and possibly Croatians. I see the Czechs, Greeks, and Ukrainians falling at the first hurdle.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Are there big favorites for Euro 2012? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are there big favorites for Euro 2012?

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Fri May 25, 2012 4:27 am

It is also very probable none of the favourites win it. Euro in general is harder to win than the WC as the Group Phase is generally very hard & if some escapes they get a Hard Quarters Draw. Then the last 2 matches or so.

Anything can happen. Huge chance none of the favourites will win although I dont think a Greece type victory will ever happen. But who knows Italy or Croatia can win too

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri May 25, 2012 4:36 am

I would say Ze Germans are favorites

Solid players in every position on the pitch
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri May 25, 2012 4:44 am

Apart from the obvious, France and maybe Croatia can sneak in far...

Portugal on paper could, but they are massive chokers.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 25, 2012 10:54 am

Poland definitely has talent.... i agree with that. They're dangerous. Last time Poland was relevant, there was a certain player named Boniek on the team. Remember him very well. Played with Platini at Juve and also beat France NT in 1982 in the WC for 3rd place... that WC was the first one i really remember and made me want to play footy.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri May 25, 2012 3:23 pm

I think Germany is clearly the favorite when you look at the depth of their squad compared to every other national team in Europe.

Question though, if you are an American with roots in multiple countries, how do you decide which country to root for?

My favorite teams are Bayern Munich and AC Milan, but my family is of: German, Dutch, Italian, and French ancestry.

I don't really want to stay just a fan, I would like to be vested in a side when I'm not able to cheer on the US National Team.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2