Adit
julias
Mr Nick09
47 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Gomez: big game choke artist - Page 5 Empty Re: Gomez: big game choke artist

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Sun May 20, 2012 8:08 am

Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:He should have taken off Gomez for DVB.

And I have repeated that Robben's shots were atrocious & he missed a PK but bar lahm he was probably Bayern's best player in 90 minutes & causing havoc.

I still think we have a very good team. And we will get to the finals in 2-3 years again. What we lack is a bench. Olic for Ribery :facepalm:

We already have Shaqiri. Hopefully next year we will have another LW & a technical ST like Gomez.

Gomez problem is Bayern play combinations with Robbery & Muller & Gomez cant play that. He is suited for a club like Chelsea,not Bayern.

Yeah you guys need more depth. Who do you see leaving and arriving at Bayern for next season?

Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sun May 20, 2012 8:29 am

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:
Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:He should have taken off Gomez for DVB.

And I have repeated that Robben's shots were atrocious & he missed a PK but bar lahm he was probably Bayern's best player in 90 minutes & causing havoc.

I still think we have a very good team. And we will get to the finals in 2-3 years again. What we lack is a bench. Olic for Ribery :facepalm:

We already have Shaqiri. Hopefully next year we will have another LW & a technical ST like Gomez.

Gomez problem is Bayern play combinations with Robbery & Muller & Gomez cant play that. He is suited for a club like Chelsea,not Bayern.

Yeah you guys need more depth. Who do you see leaving and arriving at Bayern for next season?

Shaqiri (LW/RW) have already been signed
Dante (CB) has been signed so DVB will CB No.4.
Stark is Neuer's back-up.

WE will DEFINITELY get a BOMB ST to rotate with Gomez. I want Falcao but Bayern board will probably be cheap & settle for a Giroud. I dont even rule out signing a Rossi for 7-8 Million who will spend 1 year out anyway.

Peterson is going to be loaned out so we need 2 ST's.

Lets see. We will buy a LW/CM probably. We want Sahin,no idea what will happen.

Euros being around is good for the players I guess. Robben can play connections with RVP,Hunter,Sneijder & guys like Muller,Kroos can play connections with Ozil or Klose.

Gomez does not work despite his goals. Its like we are playing 11 vs 10.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun May 20, 2012 8:35 am

Falcao isnt going to Bayern bra.

First of all Atleti can afford his wages and if he leaves it will be because he wants to play in CL not because of wages.

Another thing is he wants to be a Starter. Bundesliga doesnt have as many games as other Top 3 leagues so he will not get enough Chances there.

Falcao is clearly better but will Bayern bench German NT striker for an outsider? dont think so.

Both cant coexist,please cant you see Higuain wanting to leave Real Madrid for not playing him in big games? the same will happen to Gomez or Falcao if both are in the same team,one will have to leave for playing time.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun May 20, 2012 9:14 am

Gomez the over rated big game flop.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sun May 20, 2012 9:30 am

Sushi Master wrote:Half of Gómez' goals are served on a silver plate due to Ribéry or Kroos passes, TBH.

Does not mean it's at all easy to score as much as him. Yes, he scores tap ins but he also has his pretty volleys and top corner rockets. He scores simple yet effective goals. Higuain is a good finisher... but still not Gómez level, at least in current form.

Remember this? Very Happy D:D Very Happy

Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 20, 2012 11:19 am

Gomez was garbage period.

How many times he lost the ball with his terrible touches i've lost count..

Whenever Ribery or Robben were trying to build up an attacking move ,there was Gomez on the edge of a box like an extra defensive midfielder for Chelsea ruining the move with poor control..

There is no excuse ,he is the spearhead of Bayern's attack and to bottle chance after chance in a final is ridiculous..With Gomez's finishing even others started bottling in front of goal lol Laughing Muller couldnt convert two good chances..Things just dint fall into place for them.

Comparing Gomez to Gerd Muller even looks like an insult atm.Gomez is nothing but just a glorified tap in merchant.

Klose for me is still Germany's best striker..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 20, 2012 11:40 am

Gomez was the worst player on the pitch, period. Robben caused a lot of problems for Chelsea's defence and Ribery created and lot of chances for others, they were not that bad. Muller apart from his goal was also rubbish, but at least he scored.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun May 20, 2012 6:22 pm

Big game flop? NO. Did he flop this game? Yes. But he usually performs in big games. One time he had a bad game doesnt make him a big game flop. And yes, he had a bad hame cuz hes expected to scre one of those chances he got, but he still caused Luiz and Cahill problems with his runs all night. He also caused Ramos and Pepe problems all night in both games against Real and scored once too. Still the best target man in the world in my opinion.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sun May 20, 2012 6:23 pm

He is not a BIG GAME FLOP. He just does not have the talent IMO. We need a strong technical ST to open up defense with his movement

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sun May 20, 2012 7:18 pm

Gomez flopped hard this game.

And I say this because a few know, I've said that I play exactly like Gomez, relying on movement, instinctual positioning and 1 touch finishing over technical ability.

He's done it during quite a few high profile games this year, and that he's tried taking too many touches to "ensure" or secure a 100% chance.

All the predatory instincts, movement etc. are all still there, but Gomez just tries too hard during big games [and I know why - he's not confident in his technical ability] and stops doing what he does best which is operating off instinct.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:32 am

I don't rate Gomez so it wasn't surprise for me that he choked in UCL and Euros semis. He is not WC, first touch of a horse, no technique, can't create anything on his own. Overrated by this forum, but not by me, I don't rate Gomez. Please don't post in next season threads like Is Gomez unstoppable, Is Gomez the best CF in the world, because it's embarassing.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:46 am

I didn't even think he choked, I just think he doesn't suit our system, and if we get tactically outwitted, like we did against Italy, or rather if we outwit ourselves, as we did against Italy, it's not that hard to cut him off from almost all service.

If we had a CF like Klose, Reus, or Schürrle, this wouldn't have been possible. It's hardly Gomez' fault, but he is just not suited to our game.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:42 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:I didn't even think he choked, I just think he doesn't suit our system, and if we get tactically outwitted, like we did against Italy, or rather if we outwit ourselves, as we did against Italy, it's not that hard to cut him off from almost all service.

If we had a CF like Klose, Reus, or Schürrle, this wouldn't have been possible. It's hardly Gomez' fault, but he is just not suited to our game.

This. When you constantly drive a Q7 in the city, then you'll get frustrated and won't find parking space Very Happy. That doesn't make it a bad car tho...
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:48 pm

matpol wrote:I don't rate Gomez so it wasn't surprise for me that he choked in UCL and Euros semis. He is not WC, first touch of a horse, no technique, can't create anything on his own. Overrated by this forum, but not by me, I don't rate Gomez. Please don't post in next season threads like Is Gomez unstoppable, Is Gomez the best CF in the world, because it's embarassing.

Why make post of Gomez is unstoppable next year.? When we can make post of Gomez is invisible.

Gomez: big game choke artist - Page 5 Thoughtful
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:49 pm

If Bayern continue to build much of their attacking strategy on service for Gomez, he will be unstoppable again.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:56 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:If Bayern continue to build much of their attacking strategy on service for Gomez, he will be unstoppable again.

I can't wait to make threads of Gomez the invisible Mario.

Gomez: big game choke artist - Page 5 SoMuchWinSo much win
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:57 pm

Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:29 pm

That vid is 2:13 long, I could get more incredible misses from either of Ronaldo or Balotelli from single matches at this Euros... :X
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:36 pm

okay when he gets nut tapped that was pretty funny. but the video was stupid imo i mean he had a 40+ goal season this year give the guy a break its not most of those misses on the video were even that bad (only a few lol)

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:37 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:That vid is 2:13 long, I could get more incredible misses from either of Ronaldo or Balotelli from single matches at this Euros... :X

thats what im sayin.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:54 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:That vid is 2:13 long, I could get more incredible misses from either of Ronaldo or Balotelli from single matches at this Euros... :X

thats what im sayin.

Half the shots in the video were just half chances that you can hardly blame someone to not put away ffs

Overrated by this forum

Not really. He's been very unfairly criticized by the majority of the forum for quite a while now, even before the UCL finals.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:30 pm

should i pull up about a million videos where he scores all his chances i mean come on he scored over 40 goals this season and he hardly has a worse goal/shot ratio than most strikers..

hes a striker ffs hes going to miss chances and even half chances. every striker does. hes not one of the worst strikers today not even close. stop making him out to be.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5