MJ
Raptorgunner
Jay29
Sina
Sri
61 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:24 pm

FORWARD ? lol why

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by S Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:45 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Report: Arsenal have made a £9.6m offer to Atletico Madrid for versatile forward Adrián López - http://t.co/DMVJZge0

Another Forward scratch

Any truth to this report ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:46 pm

Adrian is probably being pursued in case Walcott leaves..... as reported.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:51 pm

I doubt it. Only way we're signing another striker is if van Persie is definitely leaving, and I highly doubt a decision has been made either way on his future. In that event, signing Adrian would make sense, since he'd be a good backup/rotation option.

As it is, unless Wenger plans on playing 4-4-2 next season (which, again, I doubt), we don't need another forward. We're well covered with van Persie, Giroud, Podolski, Walcott, Chamberlain and Gervinho.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:48 pm

Edited the Title of this thread

Should i sticky it as well ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:07 pm

I highly doubt that Giroud is coming here just to play second fiddle to Van Persie.

Either ways i am quite livid about the fact that we dint even make enquiries about him :facepalm:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Surag wrote:I highly doubt that Giroud is coming here just to play second fiddle to Van Persie.

Either ways i am quite livid about the fact that we dint even make enquiries about him :facepalm:

Even if Wenger was thinking of selling RVP you actually think he would tell Giroud of all people that he was going to do it?

Giroud was always going to play second fiddle wherever he went...Bayern, Chelsea, United etc and he knows it. The only reason he came here is cause he knows Wenger will help him untap his potential.

And you probably didn't make enquiries because Giroud himself wasn't interested Laughing
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:30 pm

So after all the rumors and Wenger himself saying he's 90% coming you still doubt?

RealGunner wrote:Edited the Title of this thread

Should i sticky it as well ?

Yeah I think this thread should be sticky'd. One of the most used threads in this section.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:43 pm

Amar wrote:
Surag wrote:I highly doubt that Giroud is coming here just to play second fiddle to Van Persie.

Even if Wenger was thinking of selling RVP you actually think he would tell Giroud of all people that he was going to do it?

Giroud was always going to play second fiddle wherever he went...Bayern, Chelsea, United etc and he knows it. The only reason he came here is cause he knows Wenger will help him untap his potential.

And you probably didn't make enquiries because Giroud himself wasn't interested Laughing

Yeah right and your his PA Laughing

and i was only speculating ..whats wrong with that ?

Untap his potential ? Laughing :facepalm:

SMH..He is already 26 years old and is waiting to explode at a big club ,what has that got to do with Wenger 'tapping' his potential..Wenger is no magician like some of your deluded bench make it sound..Pretty sure he would've had the same impact if he went to any other big club as he's genuine quality.

There were no concrete links to United and Chelsea are set to affirm their faith in Torres,its only Bayern where he wouldnt've got playtime and reports believe that is one of the main reasons why he dint actually prefer a move to Bayern.

Maybe you dont watch any league other than the Donkee League so you might have just been excited by this transfer due to the hype generated..Giroud is a quality striker who deserves to start at a big club..And he's no spring chicken..He is 26,someone who is possibly entering in the prime of his career and would be looking to make an impression at a big club.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:52 pm

If you haven't seen the young players that have come through the squad and become into top players, then your just retarded my friend. Wenger gets the best out of their players no matter what the age, mainly because of the father figure he is to most of the squad. Players give their all for him.

And no concrete links to Chelsea?

Samuelj29060 wrote:Olivier Giroud was close to joining #CFC, say France Football, but was 'seduced' by #AFC and Wenger. #THFC, #LFC, #EFC also tried to get him (via @MattSpiro )

And please feel free to gtfo, I doubt anyone takes you seriously here especially since the only thing you've been doing in the chat is trying to troll Arsenal fans
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jcsc13 Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:14 pm

This just about confirms we bought Giroud cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44w1OPhhE6s

jcsc13
jcsc13
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:31 pm

Just about to post that jcsc13 but ya beat me to it. Yeah Wenger says straightforwardly, we bought Giroud Very Happy
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:32 pm

Congrats !

Not here to troll or anything..But i was just merely speculating on Van Persie's future..No offense to the rest of the Arsenal Fans Smile
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:00 pm

It's hard to say what's happening at the moment.

Van Persie might not sign a new deal but that doesn't mean we'll sell him. We may decide to keep him regardless, and it should be noted that just because he may not sign a new deal this summer, doesn't mean he can't sign a new during the season. It'd be very risky, but it is possible.

Similarly, van Persie may not sign a new deal and be sold. In which case, Giroud would be our main striker, since Podolski will almost certainly play on the left flank.

On the other hand, van Persie may sign a new deal and stay. If that happened, Giroud would be backup to van Persie. That doesn't mean he won't get the necessary amount of game time that some may feel he needs, because we don't know if van Persie can play another 40+ games without getting injured. And there were several times last season, especially towards the end, where van Persie just looked plain fatigued. Giroud gives us that option to rest van Persie, be it for whole games or towards the end of games.

So we cannot say for sure yet if Giroud will be an alternative/rotation option or a replacement.

What we do know for sure, however, is that the club is looking to get rid of Chamakh, Park, Bendtner and Vela which necessitates the acquisition of a new striker, preferably a competent one. Wenger always likes to have three forwards to choose from and at the moment it's van Persie, Giroud and maybe Podolski. If van Persie goes, it could be Giroud, Joel Campebll and Podolski.

We cannot rule out that Wenger might change formation next season, either, as unlikely as that is, or even van Persie being deployed in a deeper role (even though he wouldn't be anywhere near his best playing in that sort of role).

What I'd really like us to do is sign a midfielder for depth. I've been indecisive about which type of midfielder we need all summer, so I'm going to compromise and hope we get a jack-of-all-trades midfielder. Then, we could have something like this:

Szczesny/Fabiasnki

Sagna/Jenkinson/Coquelin --- Koscielny/Mertesacker --- Vermaelen/Djourou --- Gibbs/Santos

Song/Coquelin/New MF --- Arteta/Ramsey/New MF

Wilshere/Rosicky/Ramsey/Diaby

Walcott/Chamberlain -------------------- Podolski/Gervinho

van Persie/Giroud/Campebll

I'd be pretty happy with that.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:09 pm

perfectly summed up.

Although i do think we may need a proper CAM, maybe not a high profile one but someone like Gourcuff Razz or even Yarmolenko, although he is more of a winger
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:13 pm

RealGunner wrote:perfectly summed up.

Although i do think we may need a proper CAM, maybe not a high profile one but someone like Gourcuff Razz or even Yarmolenko, although he is more of a winger

we have been linked with Dragovic his contract ends in dec
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:18 pm

We could drop Wilshere deeper in midfield and buy a CAM to rotate with Rosicky. Rosicky can't play every game, after all. He just doesn't have the legs any more.

Either way, I'd be happy. Dzagoev would be a very good signing, and not just because he had a good European Championship. He's dynamic, has very good technique and can score goals. Maybe not as creative as some may like, but he'd add a lot to our midfield. So would Sigurdsson, but it seems he's off to Liverpool, unfortunately.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:45 pm

France's exit should allow Giroud to complete medical and finally sign for Arsenal.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:20 am

This is from Alex49 of youaremyarsenal blog

"Right so here’s an update on M’Vila since we last broke it to you on the YAMA site. From what we were told last time Arsenal had a fee agreed, this was correct, the drawback on this though and hence the massive delay, Rennes asked Arsenal to stump up even more money, feeling they weren’t getting a correct fee for him.Rennes thought they would be able to create a bidding war by doing this, in the end trying to get the most for M’Vila as much as they can. This has failed. Arsenal have placed a new bid (slightly more than the previous accepted bid). Wont reveal how much for. Rennes want slightly more than the new one. The clubs are very close to agreeing a fee. M’Vila wants Arsenal 100%, thus a lot of clubs pulling out on him for example Bayern and Inter. Rennes and Arsenal are basically seeing whose going to blink first. From the same person as previously, he’s hugely confident we can do it though. "
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:11 pm

Bordeaux president Triaud admits Marouane Chamakh unlikely to rejoin club this summer. - http://bit.ly/KGVcdw
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:26 am

RealGunner wrote:This is from Alex49 of youaremyarsenal blog

"Right so here’s an update on M’Vila since we last broke it to you on the YAMA site. From what we were told last time Arsenal had a fee agreed, this was correct, the drawback on this though and hence the massive delay, Rennes asked Arsenal to stump up even more money, feeling they weren’t getting a correct fee for him.Rennes thought they would be able to create a bidding war by doing this, in the end trying to get the most for M’Vila as much as they can. This has failed. Arsenal have placed a new bid (slightly more than the previous accepted bid). Wont reveal how much for. Rennes want slightly more than the new one. The clubs are very close to agreeing a fee. M’Vila wants Arsenal 100%, thus a lot of clubs pulling out on him for example Bayern and Inter. Rennes and Arsenal are basically seeing whose going to blink first. From the same person as previously, he’s hugely confident we can do it though. "
He would be great at Chelsea though.......

......don't you think?

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 33 Tumblr_lgzv94T0x91qh0qfdo1_400
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:11 am

nah keep calm and trust mikel

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:20 am

RealGunner wrote:nah keep calm and trust Romeu

Fixed. M'vila would be great but I can only see him going to Arsenal.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:01 pm

'Cavani is a Napoli player - it's impossible to take him,' Mancini told Italian Sky Sport 24.

'Van Persie is an Arsenal player, I won't say anything,' he explained.

I will forever hate this board if they sell van Persie.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:54 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:'Cavani is a Napoli player - it's impossible to take him,' Mancini told Italian Sky Sport 24.

scratch

REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:16 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:'Cavani is a Napoli player - it's impossible to take him,' Mancini told Italian Sky Sport 24.

I will forever hate this board if they sell van Persie.

City are a complete joke. The last position they should consider buying is at striker. They still can't get rid of Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Tevez, or Dzeko yet they're interested in RvP while they have Aguero and Balotelli? :facepalm: They are clearly just trolling.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next