MJ
Raptorgunner
Jay29
Sina
Sri
61 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:57 pm

Who's better Powell or Rhodes? Rhodes is an absolute boss in FIFA that's why I'm asking Razz

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:59 pm

djoe26 wrote:Ksocielny: "Yann is a player with enormous quality. He is strong on the ball and has great vision. He can triumph in an important competition like the Premier League.

"Would he be good at Arsenal? Of course.

"I will try to convince him to come when we are together at the Euros."

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/06/04/3147475/koscielny-talks-up-mvila-to-arsenal-backs-france-team-mate

<3 Koscielny, if he continues like this he'll be my favourite Arsenal player after Mertesacker.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:13 pm

srigooner wrote:
djoe26 wrote:Ksocielny: "Yann is a player with enormous quality. He is strong on the ball and has great vision. He can triumph in an important competition like the Premier League.

"I will try to convince him to come when we are together at the Euros."

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/06/04/3147475/koscielny-talks-up-mvila-to-arsenal-backs-france-team-mate

I really hope he has been misquoted about the convincing part. :/

On goal.com it says:

"I will try to convince him to come when we are together at the Euros," he joked

So it was just a harmless joke. That I hope was serious.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:23 pm

Thing is Koscielny will probably try to convince Giroud aswell since they're roommates :bow:

Not only helping our defence with his boss performances, but doing Grimandi's job aswell :bow:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:38 pm

MJGunner wrote:

On goal.com it says:

"I will try to convince him to come when we are together at the Euros," he joked

So it was just a harmless joke. That I hope was serious.
I copied and pasted that quote from goal.com directly and i cant see the joke part.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:02 pm

Besiktas have opened negotiations with Arsenal over the possible permanent transfer of midfielder Oguzhan Ozyakup.

Reports in Turkey suggest that Arsenal will receive €700,000 for Ozyakup. A 25% sell on clause also included in the deal. Good luck to him.

(via @GoonerTalk )
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:07 pm

Beşiktaş showed interest in loaning Özyakup in January, but Arsenal ready to sell for right price. #AFC coach called him 'new Cesc'. @YounGunsBlog

What's the point of selling one of your best youngsters atm? Wenger didn't even give him a freakin chance, when the likes of Bendtner, Vela, Denilson, Diaby got plenty of chances. They were even starters at one point.

:facepalm:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:13 pm

Unfortunately, Ozyakup is in the wrong place at the wrong time. He needs to be playing, but has too many good players ahead of him to get that playing time. In previous seasons, it was the same. Just one too many talents better than him.

I can't see him breaking into the team next season, either. Not with Wilshere coming back. Coquelin, Song, Wilshere, Arteta, Rosicky, Ramsey... there's just no room.

Also, it's pointless comparing his situation to Bendtner, Vela, Denilson and Diaby because those guys actually were good talents when they were younger. They just did not fulfill their potential.

This is the risk you take when you develop young players. You have to give the good ones their opportunities to reach their potential, but in doing so you'll probably end up limiting the opportunities of another good talent who might be a late bloomer. It's impossible to develop them all at one time.

So I think it's for the best if Ozyakup moves clubs.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:17 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Unfortunately, Ozyakup is in the wrong place at the wrong time. He needs to be playing, but has too many good players ahead of him to get that playing time. In previous seasons, it was the same. Just one too many talents better than him.

I can't see him breaking into the team next season, either. Not with Wilshere coming back. Coquelin, Song, Wilshere, Arteta, Rosicky, Ramsey... there's just no room.

Also, it's pointless comparing his situation to Bendtner, Vela, Denilson and Diaby because those guys actually were good talents when they were younger. They just did not fulfill their potential.

This is the risk you take when you develop young players. You have to give the good ones their opportunities to reach their potential, but in doing so you'll probably end up limiting the opportunities of another good talent who might be a late bloomer. It's impossible to develop them all at one time.

So I think it's for the best if Ozyakup moves clubs.
well said Jay.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:28 pm

We did the same with Nordveit and instead allowed players like Squid to play Evil or Very Mad

And now another talent is about to move without being given a run in the first team....

Bad Business,but I do sincerely hope its a loan deal or we at least have "Madrid-style" buy-back clause,cos this guy can become huge,IMO.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:31 pm

City lead race ahead of Spurs and Arsenal to land Birmingham City goal-keeper Jack Butland(Daily Mail)
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:32 pm

Udinese winger Juan Cuadrado is being linked with Arsenal.

Udine sources say the Colombia international could be sold this summer as Udinese field interest from Arsenal and PSG.

Cuadrado spent last season on-loan at Lecce and Udinese rate him at €10 million.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:33 pm

Arsenal will have to move fast if they want to sign Montpellier defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa after reports in France claim Napoli are in pole position to clinch his signature.

Yanga-Mbiwa is rated one of the best defenders in the French League and has been attracting strong interest from the north London club.

But French radio station RMC Sports is reporting that Napoli are making advanced moves to sign him and have opened talks with Montpellier.

Arsene Wenger will have to act quickly if he wants the 22-year-old to be playing at Emirates Stadium next season and will need to offer at least £13m if he is to beat Napoli in the chase to sign him.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:37 pm

Cuenca was linked with Arsenal by the MailOnline in December and it is now claimed Arsene Wenger has rekindled his interest in a player who he believes would be ideally suited to the philosophy of play at the Emirates Stadium.

The 21-year-old winger penned a new deal in January that looked set to keep him at the Camp Nou until June 1915, however Cuenca’s future under new boss Tito Vilanova is now far from clear. Reports in SPORT suggest Vilanova will decide whether the Reus-born player, currently recovering from recent knee surgery, will feature in his plans over the next few weeks, and it is claimed Arsenal may even be able to land the Spanish U23 international for as little as €10 million.

Arsene Wenger has developed a number of youngsters at the Emirates Stadium since arriving in 1996 and Arsenal have already signed a number of youth players from Barcelona, including Cesc Fabregas who returned to the Camp Nou last summer after nine years in North London.

Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:39 pm

To conclude,some rumors form Arsenal News:

Tottenham and Liverpool have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Sochaux midfielder,Marvin Martin.

Reports have emerged that Arsenal have expressed interest in FC Basel defender Aleksandar Dragovic.

Reports have emerged that Chelsea are targeting a double swoop of Arsenal players by signing both Theo Walcott and Bacary Sagna( scratch )
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:48 pm

Difference between these guys and Özyakup is that these guys had their chances to prove themselves and dissapointed, while Özyakup didn't get one single game in the BPL this year. This is just painful selling this kind of talent for peanuts.

I mean he's not being a Bunjaku (money whore) just wants some freakin playing time to prove himself.

I sincerely still hope it's just a loan offer, can't believe that Arsenal are ready to sell him.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:27 pm

So RVP wants to win the CL after he wins the Euros, eco smile is that good or bad for us?

We dont have the team to challenge for CL imo.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:35 pm

He said "want to play Champions League" not win. But I assume he still wants to win it lol
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:53 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Difference between these guys and Özyakup is that these guys had their chances to prove themselves and dissapointed, while Özyakup didn't get one single game in the BPL this year. This is just painful selling this kind of talent for peanuts.

I mean he's not being a Bunjaku (money whore) just wants some freakin playing time to prove himself.

I sincerely still hope it's just a loan offer, can't believe that Arsenal are ready to sell him.

There weren't many opportunities for Ozyakup to play last year. It's not wise to just throw a young, untested player into a team that's going through a rut, and when the team did enjoy it's good spells it was because the starting eleven had settled and gelled. The midfield of Song/Arteta/Rosicky did really well. There was no need to disrupt that.

You just can't discard a young player if he isn't doing well. Ramsey wasn't in good form, but Wenger had to keep faith with him to give him confidence even if it ultimately didn't work out.

Giving young players opportunities is as much about timing as it is about talent. The timing wasn't right last season to give Ozyakup games, because the need for experience and continuity was greater. And next season the timing won't be right, either, because Wilshere is coming back, Coquelin will be ready for more games and Ramsey will be more determined to prove himself.

Clearly, he's just not going to get games. Why is it such a bad thing that the club wants him to move on? It's far better for his career if he does, and the club aren't going to lose that much since they already have better talents.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:58 pm

Ozyakup is the protege of RvP, we need to keep him! lol

We better have one of those buy-back clauses in the deal. I'm always skeptical of transfers to Turkey though. It seems like guys go there and you never hear of them again...
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:08 pm

[quote="Raptorgunner"]So RVP wants to win the CL after he wins the Euros, eco smile is that good or bad for us?

We dont have the team to challenge for CL imo.[/qnote]
neither did Chelsea. I have come to terms with Robin leaving. Lets just replace him with a quality strikers and not Joel Campbell.... and also leads not sell him to an pl club. I don't hold animosity toward RAP for leaving. He single handedly got us to champions league ... what ever he gets sold for, you might as well as the champ league money on the valuation on that amount.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:13 pm

Come on arsene.....giroud, capoue/m'vila, Martin... and we are set
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:17 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:He said "want to play Champions League" not win. But I assume he still wants to win it lol

Where did you get the play part?

This is from the Dailyfail.com

'All I can say is that it is my intention to have a great Euro 2012 and win it. And then go on to win the Champions League.'
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:30 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:So RVP wants to win the CL after he wins the Euros, The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 19 2222139670 is that good or bad for us?

We dont have the team to challenge for CL imo.

Yet Wink

We're still a MONTH away from Euro finishing and the transfer window opening so let's all be eaassyyyyy tongue
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:50 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:There weren't many opportunities for Ozyakup to play last year. It's not wise to just throw a young, untested player into a team that's going through a rut, and when the team did enjoy it's good spells it was because the starting eleven had settled and gelled. The midfield of Song/Arteta/Rosicky did really well. There was no need to disrupt that.

You just can't discard a young player if he isn't doing well. Ramsey wasn't in good form, but Wenger had to keep faith with him to give him confidence even if it ultimately didn't work out.

Giving young players opportunities is as much about timing as it is about talent. The timing wasn't right last season to give Ozyakup games, because the need for experience and continuity was greater. And next season the timing won't be right, either, because Wilshere is coming back, Coquelin will be ready for more games and Ramsey will be more determined to prove himself.

Clearly, he's just not going to get games. Why is it such a bad thing that the club wants him to move on? It's far better for his career if he does, and the club aren't going to lose that much since they already have better talents.

I'm not saying that he should've been an immediate starter last year, just some playing-time like Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain or Coquelin got. That wouldn't for sure harm our run, he isn't a scrub.

Also I'm not saying that we should've definitely replaced Ramsey with him, if Arsenal shows faith on Ramsey, why not show faith on Özyakup? He has done everything right to get a chance of proving himself, I sincerely don't know what else he had to do.

What other talents? Aneke? He will never play for Arsenal, he's lazy and just not good enough. Olsson and Rees? Yes they look very good at the moment but you never know how they'll turn, they're too young. Eisfeld? Fair enough, he's the only I expect to be half as good as Özyakup, but how it's looking he wont make it either. Probably will be sold after one-two years if this circle continues.

However Arsenal won't be losing much like you said, but I really like Özyakup's style of playing football - closest thing that reminded me of Fabregas. :bow:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:52 pm

Raptor I got that from Tuttosport

In the friendly match Holland- Noth Ireland, Tuttosport have asked to Robin Van Persie about his future: "My future? I agreed with Arsenal not to speak. I can only declare to want play a great Euro 2012 and to win it. And then to continue playing in Champions. Juve? Are a great club sure. Only to win is the important thing".

Can't tell which one is true hmm
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next