MJ
Raptorgunner
Jay29
Sina
Sri
61 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by MJ Thu May 24, 2012 8:09 pm

I like Capoue and I think he could be just as effective as M'vila but I don't want M'vila to go to a rival especially when that rumor emerged out of nowhere. scratch

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Thu May 24, 2012 8:15 pm

I will be really pissed off if we don't get M'Vila.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Thu May 24, 2012 8:26 pm

Just a ? guys ...is the same person dat M'vila n Mbiwa then , Embarassed LOL! I guess we don't need em confused ! Hmm no reply yet- of course u cl. !posters Razz

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu May 24, 2012 10:40 pm

Arsenal have made an offer of £6.5m for Montpellier & France striker Olivier Giroud. Player has £12.8m buy-out clause - http://bit.ly/Keo8Ij

SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu May 24, 2012 10:42 pm

Ben Fairthorne ‏@BFairthorne

M'Vila speaking to the press tomorrow afternoon
I expect M'Villa to be reserved tomorrow. Wouldn't expect him to give any decsion re club. At best will say he is leaving Rennes.
hmm Sleep
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu May 24, 2012 10:43 pm

Manchester United has made its first move to sign Shinji Kagawa, by lodging a 17 million euro (13.6m pound) bid for the Borussia Dortmund star.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/manchester-united-lodges-17m-euro-092200541--sow.html
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu May 24, 2012 11:19 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Arsenal have made an offer of £6.5m for Montpellier & France striker Olivier Giroud. Player has £12.8m buy-out clause - http://bit.ly/Keo8Ij

lol
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri May 25, 2012 1:42 am

REWB wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:Arsenal have made an offer of £6.5m for Montpellier & France striker Olivier Giroud. Player has £12.8m buy-out clause - http://bit.ly/Keo8Ij

lol

That is 6,5million plus Chamakh.. So effectively, its roughly 12,5million - the release clause.. I hope Montpellier take the deal.. Its good for us and Chamakh.. And once Chamakh is playing regularly, for Montpellier as well.. We are touted to be Giroud's favoured destination and that sounds good too..

What I don't understand at all, is being in for M'Vila or Capoue, when we should be focussing on making Song understand the priority on his defensive duties and rotating with Frimpong and Coquelin.. I believe Frimpong has potential, and he would come back strong, unless his injuries really kill his chances.. But he made his comeback once, and I back him to do it again..

I still want a comprehensive comparison on Coquelin and M'Vila in terms of skill - no doubt M'Vila is more developed as a player and has played a lot more in the first team and comes with some impressive stats supporting him.. But in terms of ability, I can't see Coquelin far off - he would be at the same level if he hadn't been injured earlier..

[I hate the fact that any youngster with an ounce of potential and a slimmer of a chance to make it big in our first team ends up with a long term injury just when he is breaking in - Frimpong, Coquelin, Wilshere, Afobe also got injured iirc...]

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri May 25, 2012 2:07 am

srigooner wrote:
REWB wrote:

lol

That is 6,5million plus Chamakh.. So effectively, its roughly 12,5million - the release clause.. I hope Montpellier take the deal.. Its good for us and Chamakh.. And once Chamakh is playing regularly, for Montpellier as well.. We are touted to be Giroud's favoured destination and that sounds good too..

What I don't understand at all, is being in for M'Vila or Capoue, when we should be focussing on making Song understand the priority on his defensive duties and rotating with Frimpong and Coquelin.. I believe Frimpong has potential, and he would come back strong, unless his injuries really kill his chances.. But he made his comeback once, and I back him to do it again..

I still want a comprehensive comparison on Coquelin and M'Vila in terms of skill - no doubt M'Vila is more developed as a player and has played a lot more in the first team and comes with some impressive stats supporting him.. But in terms of ability, I can't see Coquelin far off - he would be at the same level if he hadn't been injured earlier..

[I hate the fact that any youngster with an ounce of potential and a slimmer of a chance to make it big in our first team ends up with a long term injury just when he is breaking in - Frimpong, Coquelin, Wilsheo re, Afobe also got injured iirc...]

The idea of M'villa & Capoue is to release Song from defensive duty for good. So the squad would look something like this

DM: M'villa/ Capoue, Le Coq
B2B/CM: Arteta, Song, Ramsey
AM: Rosicky, Wilshere
Cameo appearance: Diaby

That's one balance roster, should be fixed number of 8 but Diaby is there so you could say 7 and a third. Since Jack will come back from long term injury, a back up AM would be a plus.

If both DM are out, Song fill in as emergency. Frimpong, I just don't see this kid could make it even if he's gunner by blood. Le Coq could and he's versatile enough to do Flamini role for us, fill in as fullback occasionally. One name should not be left out is Lansbury who is energetic and composed and could be argued against Ramsey.

M'villa and Capoue are both immediate and long term solution.

Young - checked
Proven - checked
Play at the position we need - checked
Not too expensive - checked
1st team material - checked

We want to compete again as soon as possible, also keep RVP at all cost. Well I would say that cost is justified with the purchase of M'villa or Capoue. We should also get used to the cruel fact that not all youngster could make it, in fact very few.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri May 25, 2012 2:35 am

Twoism wrote:
srigooner wrote:
REWB wrote:

lol

[I hate the fact that any youngster with an ounce of potential and a slimmer of a chance to make it big in our first team ends up with a long term injury just when he is breaking in - Frimpong, Coquelin, Wilsheo re, Afobe also got injured iirc...]

The idea of M'villa & Capoue is to release Song from defensive duty for good. So the squad would look something like this

DM: M'villa/ Capoue, Le Coq
B2B/CM: Arteta, Song, Ramsey
AM: Rosicky, Wilshere
Cameo appearance: Diaby

That's one balance roster, should be fixed number of 8 but Diaby is there so you could say 7 and a third. Since Jack will come back from long term injury, a back up AM would be a plus.

If both DM are out, Song fill in as emergency. Frimpong, I just don't see this kid could make it even if he's gunner by blood. Le Coq could and he's versatile enough to do Flamini role for us, fill in as fullback occasionally. One name should not be left out is Lansbury who is energetic and composed and could be argued against Ramsey.

M'villa and Capoue are both immediate and long term solution.

Young - checked
Proven - checked
Play at the position we need - checked
Not too expensive - checked
1st team material - checked

We want to compete again as soon as possible, also keep RVP at all cost. Well I would say that cost is justified with the purchase of M'villa or Capoue. We should also get used to the cruel fact that not all youngster could make it, in fact very few.

Thanks for that post mate. I see some reason in your arguments, but also have my own doubts.

What Frimpong lacks in ability, he makes up for with his passion. That is a very important factor for me, because despite immense abilities, a player who isn't passionate is bound to have his head turned by better financial porpositions - and I hate being a mere stepping stone for the success of our competitiors.

I am unsure of how long either Capoue or M'Vila will stay. And that puts a doubt over the long term part of your argument.

Lansbury - I have no idea whats going to happen to him. He has the potential, but Arseblog reported an average loan spell.. I have been hoping for awhile now that he would pull a Wilshere, but it seems to drag on with no end.

Both him and Ozayakup need to be loaned out to a team like Bolton and a manager like Coyle (but in the PL itself) for an entire season and then we could decide on whether they should be included in the first team. Same for Ryo and Campbell. They are good for 2013/14, but not enough to chase a trophy in 2012/13.

Also, loosely, I am going to assume that we have 3 roles in midfield defined as DM, CM, AM - with players rotating if need be. With this assumption, this is how our midfield squad should look :

DM -> Coquelin, Capou/M'Vila, Song.
CM -> Arteta, Ramsey, Song, Wilshere
AM -> Rosicky, Wilshere, Ramsey, X

I think Ramsey can still play AM once he has had some rest and gets past thinking of it as 'Cesc Role'. Wilshere has been out long and before that, he was in CM. So the AM position still needs reinforcement. Belhanda, Marvin Martin, Kagawa, Götze,.... - there are a few contenders for the role but we need to look at it as an issue which needs addressing. I wouldn't mind Gourcuff either, tbh. Or Kaka - but now I am just throwing up names.

Despite Song's creative streak, I prefer him to concentrate on defending and only joining attack when we are desperately chasing a win - not every game. Then again, this has to be drilled into Koscielny, Vermaelen and co too - as their bombing upfield has exposed our defense quite a few times of late. Making the right decision is important for all these defensive players with attacking prowess.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri May 25, 2012 3:33 am

Will not quote you since it will make huge wall of text.

I understand your view regarding passion/loyalty vs money/mercenary but I'm afraid the later is winning lately, especially with MC & Chelsea as crowded champions. As for our case, it's not clear cut that we are stepping stone either. Back in the invisible era, no one dared to use us that way and why? Because the players were winning and made top dollar (Henry wage was huge back then). In order to erase that public image of transition club, we need to take a risk, invest, adjust our wage structure fair and square, play to win and from there, passion & loyalty will come with trophies, prestige, wage & bonus. I was butthurt when our stars left for greener pasture, laughed at every misfortune came across their ways but deep down, I Know I couldn't blame them. I mean you can't expect Gary Cahill to be loyal to Bolton when Chelsea knocking on the door, that's just insane. Players like Hazard, loyalty comes as much as the trophies you gonna win or how high is your wage bill.

One player no one mentioned yet is Giovinco, watched him closely for two years. He's really good and unlike Marin, does not get bullied or mentally weak, could have got him for merely 10 mil but the chance now is gone, his price will be over the roof comes after Euro.

I would say whatever business we will deal, stay away from players who will play in Euro, inflated price and often underachieve (See the whole Greek squad after 2004). One more reason to seal M'villa before Euro if possible.

I would agree with you regarding Song before Winter break but after that his defensive display was atrocious, too trigger happy to bomb forward and we might lost that solid defensive Song.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri May 25, 2012 10:54 am

Gazzetta dello Sport claiming Robin van Persie was given a tour of Juventus stadium & training ground recently - http://bit.ly/LmiQXU

Jan Vertonghen - "Spurs are my first choice, but talks haven't progressed. Arsenal want me too. Ajax want £12.5m." - http://bit.ly/JrgXgN
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri May 25, 2012 11:51 am

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 25, 2012 1:13 pm

M'Vila coming to Arsenal seems like it's not happening. Again, a lot of Man U talk. Also, Nicolin was asked today about the rumored Arsenal offer for Giroud... and he laughed and cursed out Wenger.

Giroud already has offers at 20 million from Bayern , Valencia and Malaga... so that's a dead end for Arsenal. He's waiting on United and Juve. He may even stay at Montpellier since they are in CL and it looks like everyone wants to stay. They are going to bump everyone's salary up if that happens.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri May 25, 2012 1:36 pm

why do you have to be such a spoilsport sportsczy Sad
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri May 25, 2012 1:57 pm

Yann M'Vila will be speaking to French Media about his future at 3.30pm (UK). Via @Fourth_Official
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri May 25, 2012 2:46 pm

No offense Sportcszy but I'll wait till something concrete about Giroud and M'vila being no-deals comes through first.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 25, 2012 2:56 pm

Giroud is being offered a new contract by Montpellier, mainly because there are so little opportunities for him to join a big club, which is what he wants. But he doesnt want to be in the shadow of a star player, nevermind what he said about Bayern, that wasnt going to happen. It's only if you lose RVP that he will agree to such move.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri May 25, 2012 3:30 pm

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david

M'Vila camp tell me he will not be joining Arsenal or any other PL club as things stand. Only serious interest from elsewhere in Europe
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri May 25, 2012 3:52 pm

M'Vila
"We have a young and very good team. We can achieve great thing if we believe in it"
"When you play in front of your defence, you touch a lot of ball, but don't impact properly on the game"
"I like to play in front of the defence, but also sometimes taking my chance. Against Bosnia, I played upper and liked it"
End of press conference of Yann M'Vila. No words about Arsenal and his future. He admited he needs to take a rest before Euro
via@GrooverBlog

Jamie Sanderson ‏@YoungGunsBlog

Yann M'Vila avoided questions about his future at France presser. No deal close. Looks like he'll move after Euro 2012 now.

Last edited by Sina on Fri May 25, 2012 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Fri May 25, 2012 3:54 pm

Sina wrote:

M'Vila camp tell me he will not be joining Arsenal or any other PL club as things stand. Only serious interest from elsewhere in Europe
:facepalm:
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri May 25, 2012 4:03 pm

Sina wrote:

Wenger said it will be a quit transfer window for Arsenal and we have a big squad, Denilson and Bendtner are coming back.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 pm

If we have to wait till after Euro 2012 then that seriously decreases our chances of getting M'vila since he'll be showcasing his talents to the world.

I like Capoue though. Bigger and stronger than M'vila even if his passing range isn't as complete. He's 22 so he's only 1 year older. And he's not playing in Euro 2012 so we don't have to worry about a price increase if we wait till after to sign him.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri May 25, 2012 4:12 pm

Thank god we signed Podolski, I think we should be lucky and dont expect any more signing.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 25, 2012 4:21 pm

journalists on twitter really need to stop saying that players will announce their future whenever they are about to speak out, it's getting ridiculous. Next step, M'vila being called an asshat because he is indecisive about where to go.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri May 25, 2012 4:31 pm

M'Vila would do back flips if only Wenger gives him a call, the sad part is Wenger would not have any fun since M'Vila already well known. eco smile
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next