Nishankly
Red Alert
McAgger
Arquitecto
DeviAngel
BeautifulGame
10 posters

Go down

Kenny Dalglish leaves Liverpool after showdown talks with owners Empty Kenny Dalglish leaves Liverpool after showdown talks with owners

Post by BeautifulGame Wed May 16, 2012 5:06 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/16/kenny-dalglish-leaves-liverpool-owners

Personally dont think he deserved this fate.Either way Thanks for everything U have done for the club Kenny

YNWA Kenny
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Kenny Dalglish leaves Liverpool after showdown talks with owners Empty Re: Kenny Dalglish leaves Liverpool after showdown talks with owners

Post by DeviAngel Wed May 16, 2012 5:08 pm

just call Benitez back Smile
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Kenny Dalglish leaves Liverpool after showdown talks with owners Empty Re: Kenny Dalglish leaves Liverpool after showdown talks with owners

Post by Arquitecto Wed May 16, 2012 9:44 pm

Absolutely devestated by this decision. I am at this point heavily disappointed with NESV. I am so gutted by this I feel sick.

I am so surprised NESV have taken this rather short sighed move to sack him despite our poor league form along with the fact that our performances and potential was something to be greatly optimistic over as our form did not reflect on Kenny's tactics and the style given to Liverpool. I was so incredibly looking forward to what Kenny was able to do within the next 4-5 years yet unfortunately we have a short sighted decision made by the owners. Why would they sack a manager who has the 100% of the fans along with being our biggest club icon? Why did they sack Comolli so quickly? Why were they so god damn f**king poor in handling the Suarez saga and literally leaving Kenny to absorb all the pressure and media backlash onto himself? Did they count our incredible cup form? Or that our players are all very happy with him? Or his leadership and ability to stabilize the club?

It'll take great convincing to me to agree with this decision. I am a big supporter of the NESV and especially John Henry, but this year I have been severely disappointed in them despite the financial prospect and stability they have brought us.

Sadly, Rafa WILL not be hired given that some within the club and fans exist who are against him along with reports heavily linking us with a rookie Roberto Martinez. Yes, we did hire a rookie in Kenny after Fagan's departure, but Martinez will just be another Hodgson who thrives as a big fish in a small pond. His tactics are average along with his potential despite how he has done with a poor wigan side. Obviously he won't be as bad as Hodgson as it takes a great deal of incompetence to be as bad as Roy yet I do not see Martinez leading us to our objectives given his complete lack of experience in such a situation along with 0 winning experience.

I do not see this decision panning out well for the club or fans.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed May 16, 2012 10:19 pm

Thank you Kenny for everything you've done for us. You'll always be a legend of the club and no one can take that away from you.

I can't sit here and pretend that I'm disappointed, because I 've been calling for his head for awhile now. It's a step forward for us, we need an elite manager so hopefully the replacement will NOT disappoint.

YNWA
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed May 16, 2012 10:27 pm

This club will be mid-table for a while, and if not, we'll turn into a Arsenal and be delighted every time we get in the top four. I for one can not understand why you sack a man who lives and breathes Liverpool, the only man to get us out of his "storm" whilst we were just approaching the sunlight. Absolute devasted. I'll be honest. I have never seen Dalglish manage before his second stint here, nor have I seen him play but he didn't really do too much wrong here. This he couldn't adapt to modern football is all farce, and our players should have a look at themselves, and their performances to see they just got a legend of the club sacked.

NESV better know what they'll be doing. They've basically just killed the relationship with the fans, and if we turn into a business club... I'll give up with football. Rafael Benitez is the only one that can save us right now. Although, I still honestly don't understand. If NESV wanted a young manager... why appoint Dalglish if you're just going to lose all faith after his first full season when the players gave up after the loss to Van Persie.

This leaves us with no DoF, no manager and people in our backroom staff missing at the start of our most important transfer season of the history of the club. That's not knee jerk either. That's how important this transfer window will be as it'll potentially either set us back even more behind the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and both the Mancs leaving us a mid-table / Europa league side.

Absolute devasted. Mad

Didn't re-read any of that, so if it doesn't make sense apologies.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu May 17, 2012 3:13 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/16/andre-villas-boas-liverpool-kenny-dalglish

Liverpool have begun the search for their fourth manager in four seasons, having sacked Kenny Dalglish for failing to replicate cup success with a challenge for Champions League qualification. Fenway Sports Group, the club's owners, face costs comparable to the £8.4m spent replacing Roy Hodgson and his backroom staff for ending the Anfield legend's second spell as manager after only 16 months.

André Villas-Boas, the former Chelsea manager, Jürgen Klopp of Borussia Dortmund and Marseille's Didier Deschamps are among the candidates to succeed Dalglish, who signed a three-year contract 12 months ago but paid the price for Liverpool's lowest league finish for 18 years. Steve Clarke, Dalglish's assistant, has also left the club out of loyalty to his fellow Scot.

Dalglish was informed of the decision by John W Henry, Liverpool's principal owner, and the chairman, Tom Werner, as he prepared to go on holiday on Wednesday. The 61-year-old had flown to Boston for face-to-face talks with his employers after the final game of the season at Swansea City on Sunday, a move prompted by concern at the lack of assurances over his position since Liverpool lost the FA Cup final to Chelsea on 5 May. No assurances were forthcoming in the United States and Dalglish returned to Merseyside on Tuesday prepared for the worst.

The Scot issued a staunch defence of his reign both in public last Friday and during the meeting with Henry and Werner, at which he also outlined plans to improve the squad for a top-four finish next season. He cited success in the Carling Cup, an FA Cup final appearance and Europa League qualification as evidence of progress in his first full season back in charge. Liverpool's owners, however, were unconvinced the club could achieve Champions League qualification under Dalglish and doubted his transfer acumen following a meagre contribution last season from Andy Carroll, Stewart Downing and Jordan Henderson, part of the £120m investment in new players since January 2011.

A club statement confirmed: "After a careful and deliberative review of the season, the club came to the decision that a change was appropriate. It is not a decision that was reached lightly or hastily. The search for a new manager will begin immediately."

The departures of Dalglish and Clarke follow those of Damien Comolli, Dr Peter Brukner and Ian Cotton from Anfield in recent weeks, leaving Liverpool without a manager, assistant manager, director of football, head of sports science and head of communications. Werner, however, insisted FSG had no option but to sack Dalglish after Liverpool ended the season eighth in the Premier League, four points behind Everton, 17 behind fourth placed Tottenham Hotspur and 37 behind the champions, Manchester City.

Liverpool's chairman said: "Kenny came into the club as manager at our request at a time when Liverpool Football Club really needed him. We owe him a great debt of gratitude. However, results in the Premier League have been disappointing and we believe to build on the progress that has already been made, we need to make a change. We are committed to delivering success for our supporters and our ambition remains resolute to return this great club to the elite of England and Europe, where it belongs."

FSG are believed to want a manager with title-winning experience, and who can lead Liverpool long-term, to replace Dalglish. That criteria would appear to rule out Roberto Martínez of Wigan Athletic. Another bookmakers' favourite, former Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez, is unlikely to be in the frame.

Klopp has won two successive Bundesliga championships with Borussia Dortmund including a league and cup double this season, and his achievements on a modest budget in Germany would attract Liverpool's owners. Tempting the 44-year-old out of the Champions League amid fierce competition should Klopp become available, however, may be difficult. Deschamps, who won the French title with Marseille in 2010, held talks with Liverpool over succeeding Benítez but admitted the time was not right to leave Marseille. Villas-Boas was under consideration when he was still at Porto and, despite his ill-fated reign at Chelsea, now has the advantage of being available and free of the £15m release clause Roman Abramovich paid to bring the 34-year-old to Stamford Bridge.

Dalglish departed with one last defence of his second Liverpool reign. "I feel proud that we delivered the club's first trophy in six years, winning the Carling Cup, and came close to a second trophy in the FA Cup final," he said. "Of course, I am disappointed with results in the league, but I would not have swapped the Carling Cup win for anything as I know how much it meant to our fans and the club to be back winning trophies.

"Whilst I am obviously disappointed to be leaving the football club, I can say that the matter has been handled by the owners and all concerned in an honourable, respectful and dignified way and reflects on the quality of the people involved and their continued desire to move the football club forward in the same way as when they arrived here."

I cant see us having any chance prising away Klopp from Dortmund tbh.But would be happy with Deescamps or AVB.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu May 17, 2012 6:56 am

While i agree Kenny should have been given another year, Im perfectly willing to see NESV do things thier way. I think we are a bit past the sentiment phase since 3-4 years.

Ill be truthful, Im optimistic and i dont have any hardcore feelings about Kenny leaving.

Sacked or not, He will remain a legend, No point mentioning this obvious statement.

Last edited by Nishank on Thu May 17, 2012 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu May 17, 2012 9:11 am

If i were a Liverpool fan i will look forward.

The owners are clearly sending a message that Mediocrity will not be tolerated. They want titles and titles alone,i think they got a plan and Kenny failed to meet their expectations despite meeting fans expectations.

Kenny is a Legend and sacking him will hurt the supporters but what if this decision turn out to become a good decision ?

what if next season Liverpool finish in top 4 ? will all of you eat your words?

Lets wait and see what is FSG going to do,what is their plan and level of expectation. You can only say this decision was bad after next season.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by federichzoller Thu May 17, 2012 9:36 am

Sad news. Hopefully they find someone good to replace kenny. Someone who has a history with the club like a former player or something.i know kenny was all that ,but the results he was delivering wasnt what a great club like pool should be aspiring for . The fans where all behind kenny only because of his legendary status i believe , not because of the level of football pool where playing .
federichzoller
federichzoller
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu May 17, 2012 11:42 am

AVB coming in with Hulk. . . things just might look up smoking
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu May 17, 2012 12:39 pm

This decision to sack Dalglish is wrong.

For the first time I have to truly question New England Sports Venture's / Fenway Sports Group's actions; their lack of experience in football has now jeopardized Liverpool FC's stability and continuity while performances on the field have been promising even if results have been below par.

Dalglish had demonstrated that he knew what he was doing, that he had a vision to take the club forward. Also very importantly he had a gentle but firm grip of the football club: there was no non-sense about anything related to his managerial duties.

Whoever comes in to take the reigns will have to deal with great pressure and expectations as the task of finishing in top-4 is a really big one. Dalglish had the fans' support behind him, he had the dressing room, he was well qualified to deal with those expectations. Should it look at any point next season that top-4 is beyond us, it will be very likely that the new manager won't be as well equipped to deal with that pressure and problems could easily arise.

All in all, I'm deeply disappointed. Kenny Dalglish had set up such a solid base camp both performances wise (two cup finals, better performances in the league than what results suggested) and off-the-pitch wise (no problems or voices of discontent from anyone) that risking wiping out that stability by sacking him is a trigger-happy decision. King Kenny should have had another year, period.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu May 17, 2012 4:27 pm

John henry has 'unfollowed' Kenny on twitter. [twatter]

:bow:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu May 17, 2012 5:36 pm

^ Actually Henry never followed Dalglish on twitter.

Was a baseless rumor.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu May 17, 2012 6:24 pm

Now twitter outraged blaming goal.com

:bow:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 17, 2012 11:46 pm

We are just a shit and skint Chelsea these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat May 19, 2012 3:40 am

Schweini wrote:We are just a shit and skint Chelsea these days.

Would fo agreed a couple days age, but I have to disaagree with this. A 30m budget + sales + the cash Dalglish gave for transfers is great considering we were only getting around 15m when we were in the Champions League. Our budget could be around 40-50 when we get into the CL.

Regarding the sackings, it's quite clear that Roy had to go. When NESV came in, they said they wanted a young manager for the long-term which begs the question... did they want Dalglish on a permanent basis, or did Commolli appoint him? It was a risky move to sack a legend in Dalglish, but bar Martinez and Rodgers, I'm quite optimistic we'll get back to our old glory in the next couple of years with the managers selected. Kenny has also said to back the owners as they know what they're doing, so we just need to wait a week or so before we get a new manager and go from there.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down