Forza
Valkyrja
Milantildeath
KR10
Grande_Milano
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2012/13 Formation, Tactics and Targets - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012/13 Formation, Tactics and Targets

Post by Dante Tue May 15, 2012 4:04 pm

Potential wrote:
Surag wrote:Abate would never be a good CB..That suggestion as silly as your Cassano at CM suggestion.

I suggested Abate to play RB before he was converted and people still laughed at me, who's laughing now? Also; until you become a professional football coach you are in no position to judge people.

Did say the same thing in the old , old forums , that Abate is a good choice at RB and yeah , people didn't quite agree with me as well Laughing

I still remember some lolposts about how much Abate sucks , or play Antonini there instead , or "sell him and buy De Silvestri / Cassani now" Laughing

Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

2012/13 Formation, Tactics and Targets - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012/13 Formation, Tactics and Targets

Post by S Tue May 15, 2012 4:13 pm

Potential wrote:
Surag wrote:Abate would never be a good CB..That suggestion as silly as your Cassano at CM suggestion.

I suggested Abate to play RB before he was converted and people still laughed at me, who's laughing now? Also; until you become a professional football coach you are in no position to judge people.

And who are you ?Mourinho's assistant ?Well guess what i dont give a damn..I'll speak my mind out..If you have a problem report it to the mods or just kindly shut up..

If pace and workrate are the only judging qualities for a CB then Modibo Diakite would've been a top 3 CB by now.

Like Jesp said he isnt good aerially or physically ,has poor anticipation for him to become a good CB and this season he has highlighted his positioning weakness in a no.of games like he did under Leonardo.

I'll put Ramires at RB and he'd still do a good job at RB since they are somewhat similar in their characteristics but the transition to a CB would be very difficult indeed.They dont possess the typical traits that are required for a CB and especially in tactical Serie A.

Gosh you guys are crazy.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue May 15, 2012 4:47 pm

Surag wrote:
Potential wrote:

And who are you ?Mourinho's assistant ?Well guess what i dont give a damn..I'll speak my mind out..If you have a problem report it to the mods or just kindly shut up..

If pace and workrate are the only judging qualities for a CB then Modibo Diakite would've been a top 3 CB by now.

Like Jesp said he isnt good aerially or physically ,has poor anticipation for him to become a good CB and this season he has highlighted his positioning weakness in a no.of games like he did under Leonardo.

I'll put Ramires at RB and he'd still do a good job at RB since they are somewhat similar in their characteristics but the transition to a CB would be very difficult indeed.They dont possess the typical traits that are required for a CB and especially in tactical Serie A.

Gosh you guys are crazy.

all geniuses are Laughing

again , as i said to Potential , right now he wouldn't succeed there.
In the future though , with more experience and better understanding of the game , he could do it.

I am not saying he will be the next Nesta Laughing , but he may be able to play the position without being a liability in Serie A. And tacticaly , Abate is quite good .

As for the time being , he's somewhat prone to some silly mistakes sometimes , i wouldn't deny it, but that's just due to lot of factors that may arrise in games, certainly not of inability to deal with his position or opponents.

The only mistery so far remains Milito , Abate isn't the same against him on the field hmm
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue May 15, 2012 5:04 pm

Yup some of you geniuses can definitely suggest this idea as Allegri is a bit of a clueless coach himself..

How i wish that happens..Muntari as a regista ,Abate as a CB,and you can rot in Mid-Table cheers

Abate is an average defender and thats a fact..

One of the reasons for his upsurge under Allegri was his improvement tactically as he was told by the coach not to bomb forward often and also most Serie A teams play with absolutely no width,you have to take that into account as well...Abate can shut down fast and direct players like Ronaldo and Bale but he would struggle against tricky wide players ,maybe like Suarez for example who would nutmeg him and use his technical brilliance to own him all day and he has shown in the past he struggles against those kind of highly technical players..Abate is also not a good reader of the game it has to be said.Seriously why do you think Reja prefers the slow Biava over strong and physical Diakite ?For the exact same reasons,there is clear weakness in his game just like Abate though diakite is actually good in the air and a strong guy.

Well this is not an Abate bashing thread but a player of his characteristics i just dont see him succeeding at CB.Not in the near future atleast.

Last edited by Surag on Tue May 15, 2012 5:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Tue May 15, 2012 5:08 pm

25 man roster Ac Milan 2012-2013

RED: WILL ARRIVE
BLUE: HOPING ARRIVES/MAKE HIM PERMANENT MILAN PLAYER
GREEN: GTFO

Goalkeepers: Abbiati, Amelia, Piscitelli/Donnaruma

Defenders: Abate, De Sciglio, Mexes, T.Silva, Bonera, Yepes, Acerbi, Ogbonna, Emanuelson, Antonini, Vila, Mesbah

Midfielders: Boateng, Nocerino, Montolivo, Aquilani, Strootman OR Asamoah, Traore, Muntari, Flamini, Ambrosini

Attackers: Ibrahimovic, Pato, Cassano, Robinho, El Shaarawy, Tevez Maxi Lopez

1st team

4-3-1-2

Abate - T.Silva - Ogbonna - Vila
Boateng - Strootman/Asamoah - Montolivo
Tevez
Ibrahimovic - Pato

Sub team

4-3-1-2

De Sciglio - Mexes - Acerbi - Emanuelson
Nocerino - Traore - Aquilani
Cassano
El Sharrawy - Robinho

now, in case i get looked at for putting tevez as AM i have an explaination.

Allegri likes hustlers at AM, players who dont stop running, put pressure, track back. right? Tevez has all of the above, and is more creative and has more flair than prince so it should be even better. right/left on the left side of that 3 man mid would be epic. lung busting runner, with good dribbling and excellent eye for goal with his sick long range shooting. that 1st team would be fkcin :bow: :bow: :bow: who needs ganso? Smile
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue May 15, 2012 6:52 pm

Surag wrote:Yup some of you geniuses can definitely suggest this idea as Allegri is a bit of a clueless coach himself..

How i wish that happens..Muntari as a regista ,Abate as a CB,and you can rot in Mid-Table cheers

Abate is an average defender and thats a fact..

One of the reasons for his upsurge under Allegri was his improvement tactically as he was told by the coach not to bomb forward often and also most Serie A teams play with absolutely no width,you have to take that into account as well...Abate can shut down fast and direct players like Ronaldo and Bale but he would struggle against tricky wide players ,maybe like Suarez for example who would nutmeg him and use his technical brilliance to own him all day and he has shown in the past he struggles against those kind of highly technical players..Abate is also not a good reader of the game it has to be said.Seriously why do you think Reja prefers the slow Biava over strong and physical Diakite ?For the exact same reasons,there is clear weakness in his game just like Abate though diakite is actually good in the air and a strong guy.

Well this is not an Abate bashing thread but a player of his characteristics i just dont see him succeeding at CB.Not in the near future atleast.

Sorry Surag , but what a lolpost this is Laughing

I want even mention that about Diakite , apples & oranges .That about Abate was just a suggestion and i said as well that , currently , it wouldn't be a nice move , but in the future it may become a possibility..in the future , i was quite specific about it, not even in recent future.(I gave my reasons why..)

You say Abate is average , but an average defender isn't enough to stop a player like Ronaldo, get in the NT of Italy and become Milan's first choice RB. Not by far.And since you talked about "tricky players' giving him a run for his money , please specify , because that wasn't enough for me .

What Suarez would do to Abate is just , your imagination :brickwall:

In addition , i ve seen Abate deal with tricky players both in Serie A and in Europe and he didn't exactly fail against them..
In fact , i have rarely seen Abate lose a 1vs1 against fast or tricky players , even against Lavezzi or Miccoli :coffee: but go on ,

tell us about Abate , you must have seen more of him than i have :coffee:

As for your comment about Allegri , though i get it was a jibe .. Laughing , you claim ,

that the coach who has won more points than any other in these 2 last seasons , has same wins as Conte by the way, the best attack in Italy , who with him we kept a clean sheet against Barcelona , the coach who won best manager of Serie A 2 times in a row and with Mourinho still at Inter , that coach ..

is a bit clueless ?

Yeah , ok.. I guess the world class coach Conte could give him some clues , about how to win the Scudetto with tactics like , "Muntari's ghost goal" or "how to draw more than Novara and Cesena" :coffee:

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue May 15, 2012 7:06 pm

Got a bit sensitive dint you :coffee:

I actually did not want to comment on Abate's defensive ability ,but your suggestion is way off the mark so i had to come up with some points to undermine his ability :coffee:

My point stands Abate is generally very good against direct players like Ronaldo and Bale...But he can show defensive naivety when it comes to tricky players outwide and there arent many in Serie A nor there are many good attacking fullbacks..

Udinese's Armero completely destroyed Abate Laughing

Abate is a decent player but in no stretch of imagination is he a WC defender.Dont wanna debate anything but that suggestion at CB i thought was pretty dumb no offense..

As for your Jibe on Conte,no comments ,dont wanna stir up any more controversy :coffee:

PS.Since when did Abate become Italy's first choice RB Laughing

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue May 15, 2012 9:24 pm

Sounds like Allegri's trying to build up one crappy season.

Muntari as regista?

Emanuelson as LB?

No major signings?

:facepalm:
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed May 16, 2012 1:07 am

Allegri:
"Emmanuelson will play at Left Back" "Traore will play on either side of mid field" (never said anything about traore starting) "Muntari back-up to Montolivo as regista". "Robinho or Prince will play as Trequartista" "Pato and Zlatan will be very dangerous" "A big signing will come in the summer" "Mexes will have a big season"

What I get out of this:
Traore won't be a starter, but will be a sub. Emanuelson will be turned gradually into a left back, i feel it will be between Emanuelson and De Sciglio at left back position. Robinho WILL be at Milan next season and will back up Prince. Pato if healthy will be the starter. We are apparently getting a big signing, don't know who, but I think he will be a mid. Mexes will be the starting center back.

My revised 11: if everything is perfect

------------------------------Abbiati
Abate---------------Silva-------------Mexes--------------Emanuelson/De Sciglio

------------------------------Montolivo
--------------Nocerino------------------------?New-signing?

--------------------------------Prince
--------------------Pato------------------------Zlatan

If things don't go to plan, Pato injured/sold, Robinho goes to AM etc this is what I see

------------------------------Abbiati
Abate-------------Silva---------------Mexes----------------Emanuelson/De Sciglio

-----------------------------Montolivo
-----------------Nocerino---------------Prince

------------------------------Robinho
--------------------Cassano-----------Zlatan
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed May 16, 2012 3:01 am

Abate could potentially move into the centre to become a centre-back, however here's the catch: in about five or six years. Defenders grow and mature with time. Abate's a good defender however he's still relatively raw compared to what he'll be in five years and the same could be said of every defender his age. It's a question to be evaluated in the future, not now.

dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed May 16, 2012 3:08 am

The big signing is supposed to be tevez.I really like how allegri trusts pato,it will pay out on the future,mark my words
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Wed May 16, 2012 6:09 am

Emanuelson at left back is the biggest joke Ive heard in my life.Id rather play Muntari there than him.He is like a mosquito that can be bullied off the ball very easily. Have u guys seen Lazios Lulic?The guy is a beast,id love to see him in Milans jersey man.
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 16, 2012 11:59 am

just read that montolivo will earn 2 million per season plus bonus for 4 years, that's pretty good contract settlement given that he could have joined foreign club and earn more than what he will earn with us.

so that shows good sign that he is not after money, and he wants to play at high level in home country.

even though aquilani hasnt come good than what we had expected, think he should stay as a backup for montolivo or nocerino....

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed May 16, 2012 12:28 pm

Monto was a good piece of business Thumbs up

Not overly concerned about Aquilani though, didn't show enough to merit a permanent stay at Milan, and once again proved that he is too injury prone to be relied upon.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed May 16, 2012 12:31 pm

Surag wrote:Got a bit sensitive dint you :coffee:

I actually did not want to comment on Abate's defensive ability ,but your suggestion is way off the mark so i had to come up with some points to undermine his ability :coffee:

My point stands Abate is generally very good against direct players like Ronaldo and Bale...But he can show defensive naivety when it comes to tricky players outwide and there arent many in Serie A nor there are many good attacking fullbacks..

Udinese's Armero completely destroyed Abate Laughing

Abate is a decent player but in no stretch of imagination is he a WC defender.Dont wanna debate anything but that suggestion at CB i thought was pretty dumb no offense..

As for your Jibe on Conte,no comments ,dont wanna stir up any more controversy :coffee:

PS.Since when did Abate become Italy's first choice RB Laughing

I didn't get sensitive , anyone can tell i think . More like i was enjoying it , like any good banter chit chat i happen to have once in a while Laughing

1. I said he got Italy call up , not Italy's first choice RB :coffee:

2. Never called him WC and i am fine if you think it's dumb , no problem Laughing

3. Got "destroyed" by Armero ; all defenders have bad days ,even the best.
This could be the exception that proves the rule if you ask me !

4. I wish you did , i really like jibes either way Laughing

Anyway , Allegri won't use him as CB in the next years , since he does a great job as a RB and he won't be ready yet anyhow. And don't laugh about Abate becoming Italy's number 1 choice ,in recent future..

Santon is more of a LB these days , Maggio won't be the same forever and there's only De Silvestri left , who's not Prandelli's favourite i would say. Abate could very well become n1 in Italy too , though i get it's all about Maggio right now.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed May 16, 2012 1:09 pm

Abate can be a decent "makeshift" option for CB in 3 or 4 years time...But not a chance in the near future..

Its not a big deal..Fullbacks who are old and experienced can and have played at CB..Favalli is a good example and although Riise played just a few games at CB ,he has shown he can more than cope by playing in the CB role.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed May 16, 2012 1:44 pm

red&blacklegion wrote:Emanuelson at left back is the biggest joke Ive heard in my life.Id rather play Muntari there than him.He is like a mosquito that can be bullied off the ball very easily. Have u guys seen Lazios Lulic?The guy is a beast,id love to see him in Milans jersey man.

Biggest joke ? Now , i wouldn't be so quick to judge things. Let me tell you some primitive thoughts i have of Emanuelson being our LB next season .

(1) First of all , that he will finaly have a position that he can call his own , will make him feel important in the team and he can only get better from now on , something we can all be happy about , i guess.

(2)He will take the responsibility of the offensive work that one from the 2 fullbacks must have , from Abate , and since Abate didn't exactly excell at that and Urby isn't the best defensively but he has shown he has what it takes to become a threat from the left as LB , it seems only logical that this will work.

(3)In addition ,this will have a really positive impact on Abate as well , because he will ease the burden from him and he will defend more and i guess better , being less tired after he won't be so offensive next season. He will get even better at his defensive duties.

(4)Emanuelson has many characteristics the modern left back must have. He's fast , he's quite swift and agile with the ball , he has the lungs and the work rate to play the position and he's a player who can combine very well with teammates , especially in the left flank . Personaly , i can see many of our attacks coming from the left next season.

(5)He has played the position before . I know he hasn't been the next big thing there , but this doesn't change the subject. He knows the position and with 2 months of summer preparation , i can see him starting the 1st match of the season like he has been playing LB since his first day with us. He won't need more transition time than this , so this will save us from many akward moments in next season.

(6) With Urby , Abate and Silva in the backline , we can cover the lack of speed Mexes brings into the backline. In fact , no other team in Italy and very few other teams in the world will have such speed in defence , which is something at least exciting.

(7)The skill of anticipation at the back , becomes more and more sound and increasingly frequent , when you are quick , i can assure you of that. Emanuelson is quick and i am confident he will make all the rest LBs we have , look like primavera players when it comes to that next season .

These are some reasons that i believe this is a great move by Allegri. The worries you all have about Urby being our n1.LB won't be eased by this post , we all know he's isn't the best tacticaly speaking and he's quite average when it comes to defending sometimes, but the tactical and the defensive aspect of a player can improve very much , when under a team like Milan and in a league like Serie A.

I know many doesn't quite believe in Emanuelson , but i always have and i think he will demonstrate his best self next season as a LB .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed May 16, 2012 1:50 pm

Surag wrote:Abate can be a decent "makeshift" option for CB in 3 or 4 years time...But not a chance in the near future..

Its not a big deal..Fullbacks who are old and experienced can and have played at CB
..Favalli is a good example and although Riise played just a few games at CB ,he has shown he can more than cope by playing in the CB role.

well .. i 've been saying Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed May 16, 2012 1:52 pm

"Makeshift" ...:coffee:

Still dont think he can become a decent Milan Material CB in the future...Well i cant predict the future but just what i think of him
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed May 16, 2012 1:56 pm

Surag wrote:"Makeshift" ...:coffee:

Still dont think he can become a decent Milan Material CB in the future...Well i cant predict the future but just what i think of him

Fair enough. In any case , not can expect such a thing from him to be honest.
Like i said in a previous post , he won't be the next Nesta anyway , but that doesn't mean he will be a liability either. Just a decent choice for CB.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Wed May 16, 2012 2:16 pm

AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani reportedly has no desire to sell Zlatan Ibrahimovic and has even sounded the 30-year-old out about becoming the club's new captain.

ANSA claimed on Tuesday that Rossoneri boss Massimiliano Allegri had raised the issue of offloading the striker with owner Silvio Berlusconi, claiming that the pair's relationship had completely broken down and that this season's Capocannoniere had become a divisive influence in the dressing room.

However, Milan quickly dismissed that report and, according to Tuttosport, Ibrahimovic remains very highly regarded by Galliani, who allegedly asked the player 10 days ago if he would consider the captaincy for next season.

With current skipper Massimo Ambrosini set to leave the club when his contract expires this summer, the position will soon be vacant.

Thiago Silva is still considered the frontrunner for the role but Galliani is willing to hand the captain's armband to Ibrahimovic in an attempt to persuade the Sweden international to remain at San Siro.

Ibrahimovic has only been at the club for two seasons, having initially joined on loan from Barcelona in 2010 before making the deal permanent the following summer.

Thiago Silva HAS to be our next captian! Ibrahimovic may be a great player, but he is still a douche bag! We can't have players like that leading our team!
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed May 16, 2012 2:30 pm

Il Diavolo wrote:
AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani reportedly has no desire to sell Zlatan Ibrahimovic and has even sounded the 30-year-old out about becoming the club's new captain.

ANSA claimed on Tuesday that Rossoneri boss Massimiliano Allegri had raised the issue of offloading the striker with owner Silvio Berlusconi, claiming that the pair's relationship had completely broken down and that this season's Capocannoniere had become a divisive influence in the dressing room.

However, Milan quickly dismissed that report and, according to Tuttosport, Ibrahimovic remains very highly regarded by Galliani, who allegedly asked the player 10 days ago if he would consider the captaincy for next season.

With current skipper Massimo Ambrosini set to leave the club when his contract expires this summer, the position will soon be vacant.

Thiago Silva is still considered the frontrunner for the role but Galliani is willing to hand the captain's armband to Ibrahimovic in an attempt to persuade the Sweden international to remain at San Siro.

Ibrahimovic has only been at the club for two seasons, having initially joined on loan from Barcelona in 2010 before making the deal permanent the following summer.

Thiago Silva HAS to be our next captian! Ibrahimovic may be a great player, but he is still a douche bag! We can't have players like that leading our team!

not that i don't agree with with what you say but..

do you honestly think Ibrahimovic will listen to what Silva has to say? or that he will feel 2nd in the team to him ?

It was different so far , with all of our old guard being there , he couldn't do otherwise. But now , he will be more arrogant than ever before. in any case , i don't think Ambro will leave just yet and even if he does , there is always Abbiati as well , with whom i would have no problem being our captain or vice captain , if it is down to Silva-Ibra.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed May 16, 2012 2:41 pm

It's from Tuttosport, you can ignore the report.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 16, 2012 2:44 pm

Emmanuelson was deemed unfit to play at left back in Eredivise :facepalm: He was so poor in *bleepin* eredivise that they played him on the left side of the three man midfield or as a winger...How can he be good enough for milan?Don't come up with we can do an abate on him...He is already 25 and instead of wasting time on him,we can look to Vila who is looking more promising already and is younger

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Wed May 16, 2012 3:06 pm

Emanuelson's versatility allows us to change formation during the game easily, also I believe he can be turned into a quite decent LB and the fact that he is very fast, if we get a fast CB we'll have the a pacy defense which can play a high line and catch any pacy forward that the CL has to offer. Will he turn to Abate? maybe we won't know, but he has the creativity to become a Marcelo. Also he is very attacking which will give us a lot of width which we really lack.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Wed May 16, 2012 4:50 pm

Dante13 wrote:not that i don't agree with with what you say but..

do you honestly think Ibrahimovic will listen to what Silva has to say? or that he will feel 2nd in the team to him ?

It was different so far , with all of our old guard being there , he couldn't do otherwise. But now , he will be more arrogant than ever before. in any case , i don't think Ambro will leave just yet and even if he does , there is always Abbiati as well , with whom i would have no problem being our captain or vice captain , if it is down to Silva-Ibra.
I'd take Abbiati over Ibra too TBH. He will be the most experienced member of the squad if Ambrosini leaves!

Btw, I don't get what you are trying to say! Are you in favor of Ibra becoming Captain or not? scratch

dostoevsky wrote:It's from Tuttosport, you can ignore the report.
Well, all that stuff about Ibra fighting with Allegri and wanting to leave is most probably BS!

But I was mainly focusing on the captaincy issue since Ambrosini has still not renewed so far and could be on his way out!
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next