Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

+43
Arquitecto
II Capitano
eelir
MaraVilla
vivabarca38
VendettaRed07
billy_gr
Die Borussen
free_cat
FennecFox7
Real Kandahar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
7amood11
kiranr
guest7
Zealous
LeVersacci
StrugaRock
Onyx
Mamad
Beautiful Football
EarlyPrototype
che
urbaNRoots
Khaled
Milan31
Blue Barrett
fatman123
Vibe
BarcaKizz
McAgger
Bellabong
LeBéninois
beatrixasdfghjk.
the xcx
vizkosity
Valkyrja
Le Samourai
Mr Nick09
Dnmac4
Lex
pUsHa
Harmonica
47 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by Harmonica Sat May 12, 2012 11:27 pm

By winning 4th Zamora in row, a record. 5th overall win, a record of most wins, shared with Antoni Ramallets. cheers

World's most underrated goalkeeper.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 14101
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by pUsHa Sat May 12, 2012 11:31 pm

You know what they used to say about goalies in the past ? Those who are allowing goals to be scored in their closest corner are sh1t ... Valdes is the best at doing that ... jk

Good keeper , not underrated in any way when he is rarely threatened ... and when he is , opponents score mostly ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 1943
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by Guest Sun May 13, 2012 12:03 am

Except Valdes does half the work of normal keepers and has a team in front of him that averages almost 70% of the ball every game

It's an award for the team not the keeper.

That is why Casillas will always be better and why Casillas is Spain's numero uno

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by Lex Sun May 13, 2012 12:10 am

Any small consolation will do. How the titanic have fallen
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15099
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by Dnmac4 Sun May 13, 2012 12:13 am

jiopsi wrote:By winning 4th Zamora in row, a record. 5th overall win, a record of most wins, shared with Antoni Ramallets. cheers

World's most underrated goalkeeper.

He's not the world's most underrated keeper, that would be De Gea as a whole country thinks he sucks for some reason.

Victor is OK, I don't think he had a great year this year and to be honest when I watched the final 4 of the Champions League it really stuck out that he was a couple levels below Neuer, Casillas, and Cech and that for a team of our caliber we should probably have a better keeper.

I mean watching those three it's obvious you have to come up with something special to beat them and that's not the case with Valdes. So many games this year you would see 1 shot on goal and 1 goal let up or something like that.

He just isn't a great shot stopper like those three and some others I can think of and rarely does he win us a game.

His distribution and footwork is very good but that probably shouldn't be our keeper's best trait's although I know we play different then most teams and we use him as an outlet a a lot.

I sure my fellow Barca supporters will say I'm knee jerking but I have never been a huge fan although he did fix a lot of his mistakes that bothered him earlier in his career and has made himself into a fine keeper but the world's most underrated? No, not in a million years.

He is decent and has traits that help the way we play that are not coveted by other teams in there keepers but to be honest we should probably have an elite keeper as we make sure we are elite pretty much everywhere elite on the pitch.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by Dnmac4 Sun May 13, 2012 12:34 am

Lex wrote:Any small consolation will do. How the titanic have fallen

Yes we have fallen so far that your best player begged for 2 years to come over here to smell the sweet smell of success and got three more trophies in his first year here then his last 7 there.

If were the Titanic I don't even know what to call your team.

Oh yea not to mention your forward RVP had one of the best league scoring records in your teams history this year so congrats, but ours did too and he has 20 more goals in the same amount of games.

Our guy is staying, how about your guy?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by Lex Sun May 13, 2012 12:36 am

dnmac4 wrote:Our guy is staying
Oh, really? Guardiola changed his mind?

:vagi: me, then
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15099
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by Harmonica Sun May 13, 2012 12:40 am

dnmac4 wrote:
jiopsi wrote:By winning 4th Zamora in row, a record. 5th overall win, a record of most wins, shared with Antoni Ramallets. cheers

World's most underrated goalkeeper.

He's not the world's most underrated keeper, that would be De Gea as a whole country thinks he sucks for some reason.

Victor is OK, I don't think he had a great year this year and to be honest when I watched the final 4 of the Champions League it really stuck out that he was a couple levels below Neuer, Casillas, and Cech and that for a team of our caliber we should probably have a better keeper.

I mean watching those three it's obvious you have to come up with something special to beat them and that's not the case with Valdes. So many games this year you would see 1 shot on goal and 1 goal let up or something like that.

He just isn't a great shot stopper like those three and some others I can think of and rarely does he win us a game.

His distribution and footwork is very good but that probably shouldn't be our keeper's best trait's although I know we play different then most teams and we use him as an outlet a a lot.

I sure my fellow Barca supporters will say I'm knee jerking but I have never been a huge fan although he did fix a lot of his mistakes that bothered him earlier in his career and has made himself into a fine keeper but the world's most underrated? No, not in a million years.

He is decent and has traits that help the way we play that are not coveted by other teams in there keepers but to be honest we should probably have an elite keeper as we make sure we are elite pretty much everywhere elite on the pitch.

For me he is, and by pretty big margin. De Gea made far too much blunders to be a most underrated for me.

For the start Valdes has a difficult position for a goalkeeper, he has nothing to do the most of the time, but when he has, it's usually 1on1 or atleast very difficult situation. And even that, I think he had the best or second best save percentage in whole Europe last season.

5th Zamora is a huge accomplishment for him.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 14101
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by Harmonica Sun May 13, 2012 12:46 am

Crimson wrote:Except Valdes does half the work of normal keepers and has a team in front of him that averages almost 70% of the ball every game

It's an award for the team not the keeper.

That is why Casillas will always be better and why Casillas is Spain's numero uno
Yet last season, he had more saves per game, condeeded less goals per game and had better save percentage than example Casillas.

V. Valdes Games 32 GAA 0.50 save % 0.826 saves/ game 2.38
I. Casillas Games 35 GAA 0.91 save % 0.717 saves/ game 2.31

Casillas may be Spains numero uno, but that also equals his Zamora trophies.

I think this win was good, because its just highlights how underrated Valdes is.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 14101
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 13, 2012 12:50 am

Stop trying to force him down our throats, no one cares about Valdes Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31600
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by Harmonica Sun May 13, 2012 12:52 am

dnmac4 wrote:
Lex wrote:Any small consolation will do. How the titanic have fallen

Yes we have fallen so far that your best player begged for 2 years to come over here to smell the sweet smell of success and got three more trophies in his first year here then his last 7 there.

If were the Titanic I don't even know what to call your team.

Oh yea not to mention your forward RVP had one of the best league scoring records in your teams history this year so congrats, but ours did too and he has 20 more goals in the same amount of games.

Our guy is staying, how about your guy?
S/S Poseidon?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 14101
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by Harmonica Sun May 13, 2012 12:53 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Stop trying to force him down our throats, no one cares about Valdes Laughing
Oh joy, another butthurt Casillas fanboy reporting in. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 14101
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by Le Samourai Sun May 13, 2012 12:58 am

:bow:

Spoiler:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by Valkyrja Sun May 13, 2012 12:59 am

Casillas with 70/75% possesion, concedeed 2 goal in 7 matches at the world cup.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11339
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by vizkosity Sun May 13, 2012 12:59 am

jiopsi wrote:
World's most underrated goalkeeper.
.......
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 1065
Join date : 2012-05-04
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by Le Samourai Sun May 13, 2012 1:03 am

The thread is not about Casillas.

Zamora and Picchichi are team awards we all know this, congrats to Barca's defense for being the best defense in La Liga.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by Harmonica Sun May 13, 2012 1:05 am

Kizu wrote:Casillas with 70/75% possesion, concedeed 2 goal in 7 matches at the world cup.
Casillas 1 WC, 2 goals conceded
Valdes 1 WC, 0 goals conceded
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 14101
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by Harmonica Sun May 13, 2012 1:07 am

Le Samourai wrote:The thread is not about Casillas.

Zamora and Picchichi are team awards we all know this, congrats to Barca's defense for being the best defense in La Liga.
Agree Valdes won it because Barca's rock solid defence, before Madrid's laughable defence and Casilla's heroics.


Oh wait...
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 14101
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by the xcx Sun May 13, 2012 1:09 am

Im happy for Vicky Valdez tbh.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7528
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by Le Samourai Sun May 13, 2012 1:11 am

jiopsi wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:The thread is not about Casillas.

Zamora and Picchichi are team awards we all know this, congrats to Barca's defense for being the best defense in La Liga.
Agree Valdes won it because Barca's rock solid defence, before Madrid's laughable defence and Casilla's heroics.


Oh wait...

I don't disagree, possession is an underrated aspect of defense, ie Xavi probably has the most defensive influence at Barca.

Doesn't change anything to me, it's clear that Barca's pressing as well as their possession style offer their defenders more protection than ours.

Kudos to them.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun May 13, 2012 1:11 am

dnmac4 wrote:Yes we have fallen so far that your best player begged for 2 years to come over here to smell the sweet smell of success and got three more trophies in his first year here then his last 7 there.
Arsenal
Winner
FA Cup: 2004–05
FA Community Shield: 2004

Barcelona
Winner
Supercopa de España: 2011
UEFA Super Cup: 2011
FIFA Club World Cup: 2011

:vagi:.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 5059
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by Harmonica Sun May 13, 2012 1:18 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:Yes we have fallen so far that your best player begged for 2 years to come over here to smell the sweet smell of success and got three more trophies in his first year here then his last 7 there.
Arsenal
Winner
FA Cup: 2004–05
FA Community Shield: 2004

Barcelona
Winner
Supercopa de España: 2011
UEFA Super Cup: 2011
FIFA Club World Cup: 2011

:vagi:.
8.8.2004 - 14.8.2011 > 7 years.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 14101
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun May 13, 2012 1:25 am

jiopsi wrote:
beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:Yes we have fallen so far that your best player begged for 2 years to come over here to smell the sweet smell of success and got three more trophies in his first year here then his last 7 there.
Arsenal
Winner
FA Cup: 2004–05
FA Community Shield: 2004

Barcelona
Winner
Supercopa de España: 2011
UEFA Super Cup: 2011
FIFA Club World Cup: 2011

:vagi:.
8.8.2004 - 14.8.2011 > 7 years.
:vagi:.
The stat's still wrong banana.

But come on, adjusting the criteria like that, I could say Fabregas hasn't won anything at Barca in the last day.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 5059
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by LeBéninois Sun May 13, 2012 1:25 am

This trophy is also an award for the defense . Valdes is not the greatest but still a top 5-10 of his generation.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 4030
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by Bellabong Sun May 13, 2012 1:28 am

Of those trophy's Fabregas can genuinely be happy about the FA cup.

Everything else is a Supercup.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich
Posts : 3474
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum