Mr Nick09
Dnmac4
Lex
pUsHa
Harmonica
47 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. - Page 4 Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by Harmonica Sun May 27, 2012 2:30 pm

Sadurni: "Valdes is a much better keeper than casillas, from here to Lima. Valdes should play for ESP."

:bow:

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Victor Valdés makes spanish history. - Page 4 Empty Re: Victor Valdés makes spanish history.

Post by Le Samourai Sun May 27, 2012 2:34 pm

jiopsi wrote:Sadurni: "Valdes is a much better keeper than casillas, from here to Lima. Valdes should play for ESP."

Bench riders backup bench riders Very Happy
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun May 27, 2012 3:01 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Sooo....

He can go from best to worst and still win the Zamora?

Clearly a difference maker :bow:

Yeah, we lost the league and the CL this year. Casillas has just 3-4 clean sheets lesser than Valdes.

So yeah, he is a difference maker alright. He is one of the main reasons we have been winning these past few years.

Obviously he is not as good as the top keepers, but he is perfect for Barca and when his form suffers, Barca suffers too.

I can't believe i am even arguing this.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun May 27, 2012 4:00 pm

Valdes is the skid mark in the underpants of football an irrelevant after thought.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:04 am

Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:06 am

Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:13 am

Very Happy
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:15 am

Zubizarreta defending Valdes Laughing

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:45 am

I have to agree with Madrid fans here.

I have said it for a while too. He benefits a ton from our possession and style of play and the fact that in the league some of our games are over by halftime and the other team is just totally discouraged (although Madrids keeper benefits from this as well).

IF we had Casillas it would just be unfair. Valdes has made big mistakes in I think 3 of the last 5 clasico's that directly lead to goals.

One Ronaldo shot on the ground he just let squirt under his body after he dived on it (it was a weak effort), Today was the worst BTW and then in another one he just kicked it straight to a MAdrid player on a goal kick 20 meters from the goal and they scored.

During La Liga he looks good at times and is better then Pinto so when he's in the game we beg for Valdes back but when we reach the last 4 of the Champions League it is really obvious how far behind the other keepers he reall is.

Take last year for example, it was Casillas, Neuer, Czeh and Valdes. HE is so far behind those three it's just not even close.

The year before it was Van Der Sar, Neuer, Valdes and Casillas.

He's an OK keeper and I know were married to him because of all the trophies we have won with him in the net and I wont totally kill him as he has come up big in big situations before but thats what expect out of your keeper especially when your player keeper for Barcelona.

Also, I'm scared to death on every corner that good teams take against us. I have been saying it for years, if Madrid would just quit with Ronaldo taking free kicks against us and pounding them into the 20th row of the stands and just have some one else pump them into the box they would do much better against us as thats why we struggle against Italian teams is because there disciplined and are great from set pieces and score from them.

I will end my rant but today is just a reminder that Valdes has the F*** up gene in him and he has hidden it as best he can but it's always there and it's always a matter of time until it costs us. 3-1 would be a hell of a lot better then 3-2. IF they win 1-0 we lose now.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:56 am

Dnmac4 wrote:I have to agree with Madrid fans here.

I have said it for a while too. He benefits a ton from our possession and style of play and the fact that in the league some of our games are over by halftime and the other team is just totally discouraged (although Madrids keeper benefits from this as well).

IF we had Casillas it would just be unfair. Valdes has made big mistakes in I think 3 of the last 5 clasico's that directly lead to goals.

One Ronaldo shot on the ground he just let squirt under his body after he dived on it (it was a weak effort), Today was the worst BTW and then in another one he just kicked it straight to a MAdrid player on a goal kick 20 meters from the goal and they scored.

During La Liga he looks good at times and is better then Pinto so when he's in the game we beg for Valdes back but when we reach the last 4 of the Champions League it is really obvious how far behind the other keepers he reall is.

Take last year for example, it was Casillas, Neuer, Czeh and Valdes. HE is so far behind those three it's just not even close.

The year before it was Van Der Sar, Neuer, Valdes and Casillas.

He's an OK keeper and I know were married to him because of all the trophies we have won with him in the net and I wont totally kill him as he has come up big in big situations before but thats what expect out of your keeper especially when your player keeper for Barcelona.

Also, I'm scared to death on every corner that good teams take against us. I have been saying it for years, if Madrid would just quit with Ronaldo taking free kicks against us and pounding them into the 20th row of the stands and just have some one else pump them into the box they would do much better against us as thats why we struggle against Italian teams is because there disciplined and are great from set pieces and score from them.

I will end my rant but today is just a reminder that Valdes has the F*** up gene in him and he has hidden it as best he can but it's always there and it's always a matter of time until it costs us. 3-1 would be a hell of a lot better then 3-2. IF they win 1-0 we lose now.

Even I agree ronaldo should let alonso take some of the long range fks. He takes them from stupid angles sometimes and it gives him unnecessary criticism on his fks. But ronaldo is very dangerous in the air as shown today.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:09 am

Bad mistake, but Di MAria clearly fouls him.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:14 am

sure Laughing

Di maria is the goat :bow: dat pressing :bow: dat never give up :bow:

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:19 am

what a clown
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:27 am

Against Chelsea in the CL last year in both legs he allowed in 3 goals on 3 shots on goal.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:41 am

He isnt a bad keeper by all means,actually at top form hes very good.However his mistakes keep putting us in situations like these year after year after year but it gets rarely noticed when we win.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:44 am

he's a solid keeper but makes the worst mistakes at the worst possible time, cant afford to fk up like that in a 2 leg match, specially at home.
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:07 am

As a keeper he is great imo, its his judgement that is wrong, especially when it comes to situations when playing with feet, he is just overconfident and that costs us. If he could improve that aspect, he would be there up with the best. I mean just how many times he saved our ass. But, at the same time he screwed us with his overconfidence. He should just take less risks in big games.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:14 am

it's not about his skills.
he is skillfull no doubt.
his decision making is terrible though. takes unecessary risks all the time.
I've just had enough.
Every second game with Madrid, a gift goal is guaranteed. While on the other side Casillas pulls out a miracle save.

billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:26 am

Whilst Valdes might not be the best shot stopper we have seen, he is still very much imperative to Barcelona's system. You simply can't slot in Casillas, and expect him to fit in perfectly because his footwork isn't the best, it really does need working on. I like Valdes, I believe he is an underrated goalkeeper, but I feel Barcelona should have signed De Gea before we did, if they wanted the perfect fit. He is great with his feet (the progression he has made with his passing has been unbelievable) and is a fantastic shot stopper, most probably heir to Casillas, too.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:59 pm

Never really a fan of him but he has done well for the two appearances afforded to him v Finland & especially France.

Today he was a masterclass between the sticks and withstood whatever the French threw at us. Was composed, commanding and literally saved our hinds by his miraculous position to block the balls.

It seems his decision to leave Barca has unearthed a whole new fire of passion within him to perform at his best till he remains in the top echelons of Goalkeepers.

I truly am thankful for his performance today, and I wouldn't mind for a second if he replaces an (if) injured Iker.

Milan are supposed to go for him and I hope with all my heart, we acquire him.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:08 pm

I have always thought he was underrated tbh.

Ask any Barca fan about him in big games, over the years he usually comes up with clutch saves which gets forgotten about because Messi or someone does something amazing.

But without Valdes they are not as successful as they are no doubt.

Don't understand the reaction to him, when he said he was leaving and people saying oh no i hope we don't buy him.

He would be a good signing for most teams who don't have an elite GK imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:27 pm

Valdes is an elite goalkeeper Laughing

He's the most underrated player on the forum by far. People think he's shite when he's one of the best in the world today.

Showing again his amazing one on one ability today. Best keeper one on one in the world by far and has been for years now.

Will be sad to see him go.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:41 pm

I truly am thankful for his performance today, and I wouldn't mind for a second if he replaces an (if) injured Iker.
Please name 1 performance by Iker in the past 6 months that has impressed you.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:45 pm

People impressed by what to me looked like a fairly standard Barca Valdes performance.

I love it.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:48 pm

Indeed, did not see anything out of the ordinary.

The 1 v1 was basically right at him, he can save that most times because he hardly ever mistimes when to go down.

And he cleared a difficult cross, something I seen him do many times.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:26 am

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum