Ganso
lenear1030
vivabarca38
Patrick Bateman
Mr Nick09
49 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Why is no one after Hulk? - Page 4 Empty Re: Why is no one after Hulk?

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 10, 2012 12:46 pm

BTW what's with the Lewandowski-hype? He's the only proper striker in a perfectly-functioning team, that had it's two other main goal threats (Kagawa & Götze) injured for most of the season. If Dortmund had another proper forward, you can be sure that Lewandowskis score tally is highly overblown due to the circumstances.

I for one haven't forgotten the number of sitters he's missed over the past two seasons.

Not that he isn't a good forward, I just would take a dozen strikers over him.

That being said, 40m for Hulk is just lol, if Arsenal got Podolski, who is objectively better, and more experienced, for one third of that.
And I doubt Hulk would even go for as "little" as 40m.

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu May 10, 2012 12:49 pm

Hulk "only" scores a lot of goals? Really?

He provides many final balls also.

And how is Podolski better than Hulk lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu May 10, 2012 12:52 pm

Portuguese teams play hard ball when they sell players.

They add 10/20 million euro to the real transfer fee of every player. It's insane how they keep getting away with it.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu May 10, 2012 12:55 pm

Zealous wrote:Portuguese teams play hard ball when they sell players.

They add 10/20 million euro to the real transfer fee of every player. It's insane how they keep getting away with it.
Well, it only works if other teams pay that. Bayern didn't allow themselves to get ripped off for Coentrao. Ironically this was even a double boon as it led to the discovery of Alaba as LB Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 10, 2012 12:55 pm

The Franchise wrote:Hulk "only" scores a lot of goals? Really?

I admit that I understated his ability, he is certainly an awesome player, it's just that all rich clubs are stacked with forwards. The only team reasonably going for him is Juve, no?

Scored 19, assisted 8 in only 29 matches, of those only 25 were starts, had a humongously shit team, still was player of the week like every third week, is approaching 100 caps for Germany, has a better shot (although by a slim margin), accelerates faster, is a leader on the pitch, and his humongously shit team (tm) played in a superior league, where they managed to get relegated, and he still scored or assisted over half their goals. That's how shit the Köln team is.

Hulk probably wins on technique, and I'd attest him the higher potential, but as of now... Eh, great player, but Podolski would already be a legend in another era.

And let's, for the sake of argument, assume that Hulk is a bit better than Podolski:
Podolski: 9x caps for Germany, scores about 0.5 goals/game and that's not counting assists, and the curve for that quota is going straight up. Costs 13m

Hulk: like half an international cap, plays in the league that wishes it was Ligue 1, is totally bossing there, though, scores about as much as Podolski, albeit in a much more functioning team, no reasonable information about whether he's a big-game player, though the tremendous potential is obvious.
Costs a gajillion Euros. What's he really going for? Nothing below 40, right?
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu May 10, 2012 1:05 pm

rwo power wrote:
Zealous wrote:Portuguese teams play hard ball when they sell players.

Well, it only works if other teams pay that. Bayern didn't allow themselves to get ripped off for Coentrao. Ironically this was even a double boon as it led to the discovery of Alaba as LB Very Happy

Coentrao also helped Bayern reach the final in the end anyway.

*cries*
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 10, 2012 1:10 pm

Zealous wrote:Coentrao also helped Bayern reach the final in the end anyway.

*cries*

Well, Ramos and Marcelo were shit as well, and only stayed on the pitch in the first leg due to incredible mercy by the ref, so it's really not that Coentrao is that bad, it's just half-impossible to defend against Bayerns wingers.

Generally speaking great wingers are tough to take on, Bayern lost Alaba to the final as well, ok, the yellow came from a harsh hand-ball, call, but it's no accident that quite a lot of defenders get suspended over the course of a tournament, if you have CR7, Messi, Ribéry or anyone like tham running at you for two times 90 minutes, you have good chances to pick up a booking, and look stupid.

Don't only blame poor Coentrao.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu May 10, 2012 1:11 pm

Phillip Lahm is not a winger ^^:coffee:

ROFL at Marcelo was shit.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu May 10, 2012 1:19 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Zealous wrote:Coentrao also helped Bayern reach the final in the end anyway.

*cries*

Well, Ramos and Marcelo were shit as well, and only stayed on the pitch in the first leg due to incredible mercy by the ref, so it's really not that Coentrao is that bad, it's just half-impossible to defend against Bayerns wingers.

Generally speaking great wingers are tough to take on, Bayern lost Alaba to the final as well, ok, the yellow came from a harsh hand-ball, call, but it's no accident that quite a lot of defenders get suspended over the course of a tournament, if you have CR7, Messi, Ribéry or anyone like tham running at you for two times 90 minutes, you have good chances to pick up a booking, and look stupid.

Don't only blame poor Coentrao.

Muller milked that challenge so bad. It was Klinnsman-esque. It was worthy of a yellow for sure and was his only foul of the game.

Anyway Coentrao had a decent game up until that point were he got completely skinned. If he had kept his head there wouldn't have been a goal.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 10, 2012 1:20 pm

Sorry, I was thinking of the first leg, Marcelo was close to man of the match in the 2nd leg, and I solely meant defensively because I was thinking of Coeantrao.

Mea culpa, I was incredibly unprecise with that post. :X
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu May 10, 2012 1:21 pm

Ahh now it all makes sense eco smile
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 10, 2012 1:22 pm

Zealous wrote:Muller milked that challenge so bad. It was Klinnsman-esque. It was worthy of a yellow for sure and was his only foul of the game.

Anyway Coentrao had a decent game up until that point were he got completely skinned. If he had kept his head there wouldn't have been a goal.

Yeah but come on, Bayern missed a gazillion sitters before that, if Gomez had taken one of his 4 sitters in the 2nd leg, or more than one of his 4 or 5 sitters in the first leg, we wouldn't be talking about one mistake, or one defender getting nutmegged once, we'd be talking about an entire defence collapsing, which was essentially already happening, even though Bayern couldn't be bothered to take their chances.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu May 10, 2012 1:28 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Zealous wrote:Muller milked that challenge so bad. It was Klinnsman-esque. It was worthy of a yellow for sure and was his only foul of the game.

Yeah but come on, Bayern missed a gazillion sitters before that, if Gomez had taken one of his 4 sitters in the 2nd leg, or more than one of his 4 or 5 sitters in the first leg, we wouldn't be talking about one mistake, or one defender getting nutmegged once, we'd be talking about an entire defence collapsing, which was essentially already happening, even though Bayern couldn't be bothered to take their chances.

Well yeah but I'm not a Bayern fan so any misses from Gomez are on him eco smile

All I know is at that point in time Coentrao had to step up and stop Lahm, he didn't.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 10, 2012 1:42 pm

Zealous wrote:Well yeah but I'm not a Bayern fan so any misses from Gomez are on him eco smile

All I know is at that point in time Coentrao had to step up and stop Lahm, he didn't.

That certainly was his duty, yes. I just don't know if it was to be expected to always work out. Look at the Bayern defence. I wouldn't say the entire defence collapsed, I would just say that you can't stop CR7 or Özil, or Benz, for that matter, and Real had chances they didn't take as well.

At a certain level you just need luck. Don't be too hard on poor Coentrao, he didn't have any.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu May 10, 2012 1:44 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:

I admit that I understated his ability, he is certainly an awesome player, it's just that all rich clubs are stacked with forwards. The only team reasonably going for him is Juve, no?

Scored 19, assisted 8 in only 29 matches, of those only 25 were starts, had a humongously shit team, still was player of the week like every third week, is approaching 100 caps for Germany, has a better shot (although by a slim margin), accelerates faster, is a leader on the pitch, and his humongously shit team (tm) played in a superior league, where they managed to get relegated, and he still scored or assisted over half their goals. That's how shit the Köln team is.

Hulk probably wins on technique, and I'd attest him the higher potential, but as of now... Eh, great player, but Podolski would already be a legend in another era.

And let's, for the sake of argument, assume that Hulk is a bit better than Podolski:
Podolski: 9x caps for Germany, scores about 0.5 goals/game and that's not counting assists, and the curve for that quota is going straight up. Costs 13m

Hulk: like half an international cap, plays in the league that wishes it was Ligue 1, is totally bossing there, though, scores about as much as Podolski, albeit in a much more functioning team, no reasonable information about whether he's a big-game player, though the tremendous potential is obvious.
VivaStPauli wrote:

I dont know who is going for Hulk, I refuse to listen to "reports". All I think right now is, Falcao went for 40m or something..and he seems worth it to me. Hulk was at least as good for Porto, probably better in my opinion.

As for Podo and Hulk to me, I dont bother with stats and which league which plays in or NT.

Falcao, Li-Lo, Di Maria and I could go on have come from the Portuguese league and showed their quality at the highest levels. Hulk was inferior to none of them.

As for NT, Hulk has yet to even play his position and I dont think he has started more than 5 times. So, its pointless.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 10, 2012 1:45 pm

That's my point. Podolski is a safe bet, proven in big games, and costs less. Better signing.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu May 10, 2012 1:48 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Zealous wrote:Well yeah but I'm not a Bayern fan so any misses from Gomez are on him eco smile

That certainly was his duty, yes. I just don't know if it was to be expected to always work out. Look at the Bayern defence. I wouldn't say the entire defence collapsed, I would just say that you can't stop CR7 or Özil, or Benz, for that matter, and Real had chances they didn't take as well.

At a certain level you just need luck. Don't be too hard on poor Coentrao, he didn't have any.

It's a bitter pill to swallow since it was a last minute play.

I don't dislike Coentrao but you have to understand we signed him for 30 million when we already had a capable left back in Marcelo. I remember his peeps bigging him up as better than Marcelo in defending and attacking.

Since then Coentrao has started in every loss of the season and hasn't really shown that he is that much better than Marcelo in any department.

Maybe he wasn't lucky enough but in my honest opinion he was lucky he came to Madrid. His luck quota is filled already.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu May 10, 2012 1:49 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:That's my point. Podolski is a safe bet, proven in big games, and costs less. Better signing.

Franchise supports Porto on the side. Which is weird because he should adore Mou but he doesn't hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Though besides Podolski being cheaper, he's also better, I should probably not forget about that point. :coffee:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu May 10, 2012 1:53 pm

Not really, but okay. I dont se Podo as more proven really. But anyway, I agree he is a safer signing..but not better.

And indeed Zeal, but knowing I am a Barca fan you can guess why I hate Mou so much.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu May 10, 2012 1:59 pm

Just the player Juve could use, but we are not ones to spend that much money on a single player.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu May 10, 2012 2:00 pm

The Franchise wrote:
And indeed Zeal, but knowing I am a Barca fan you can guess why I hate Mou so much.

Razz
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Thu May 10, 2012 4:59 pm

The Franchise wrote:And indeed Zeal, but knowing I am a Barca fan you can guess why I hate Mou so much.
But Mou was also at Barca before. :vagi:
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu May 10, 2012 7:55 pm

As a glorified translator lol

Was a nobody, didnt even know who he was and wasnt aware of his presence.

Its like saying, Aureli Altamira.

Im like....who
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 10, 2012 7:57 pm

Chelsea should try and get him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu May 10, 2012 8:57 pm

The Franchise wrote:As a glorified translator lol

Was a nobody, didnt even know who he was and wasnt aware of his presence.

Its like saying, Aureli Altamira.

Im like....who

Wasnt he eventually Van Gaal's Assistant Coach and even took charge for some CDR games? :vagi:
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next