JAY-Z
BarcaKizz
Patrick Bateman
Vibe
flameas
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Villas-Boas set for Roma switch - Page 2 Empty Re: Villas-Boas set for Roma switch

Post by McLewis Wed May 02, 2012 6:53 pm

ErPupone wrote:Tell me how the f*** getting Villas Boas to replace Enrique is a positive thing? How is this a step forward? FFS some people are incredibly delusional.

Tell me, what does Boas have over Enrique? Experience? Bull shit. Yes he did well with Porto, very well, hats off to him for that. He gets to Chelsea, pressure goes up a couple notches, he fails to live up to expectations. He gets fired, Di Matteo takes over, Champions League final. Enrique, was in a winning system for years at Barcelona. I don't give a shit that he was just at Barcelona B, aren't some of us praising Alberto De Rossi because he's doing a great job with our Primavera??? Experience.... Enrique has been in Serie A for about 10 months now, that's 10 months more than Villas Boas.

Team cohesion. Enrique is loved by EVERY SINGLE PLAYER ON THIS TEAM, Totti and De Rossi included. Every player, staff member and opposing players and managers have praised his methods. Overall, they appreciate him even more than Spalletti and Ranieri who had their share of problems with certain players. For once we have a coach and all our players on the same page, and we're ready to throw that all away because we're so impatient.

Mentality. It's apples vs. other apples on this one. Tactics, overall mentality, ideology is basically the same. If you're unhappy now with Enrique, you'll still be unhappy with Villas Boas, quite simply.

PS - please excuse the rant but I'm just pissed off that people just expect victory, that people think we would be a championship winning side with f***ing Taddei starting as a full back and Junior Tallo saving our asses against Napoli.

Absolutely spot on. Couldn't have put it better myself.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Villas-Boas set for Roma switch - Page 2 Empty Re: Villas-Boas set for Roma switch

Post by ErPupone Wed May 02, 2012 11:20 pm

OK, screw Boas, we need DELIO ROSSI!!!!

And we thought we were having a bad season.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Wed May 02, 2012 11:22 pm

Mike :coffee:
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed May 02, 2012 11:23 pm

Personally I'd love to see Boas at Roma,I was on about it enough last summer. :coffee:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu May 03, 2012 12:30 am

:facepalm: Villas-Boas . No No No , i cant describe the stupid decisions that they make , he wont last full season and they will lose some money

as far as Enrique i'm pretty sure that he will resign though his Lovers here might be disappointed but i probably be really happy about it but Villas-Boas is definite no I am for Zeman or Montella or if Capello can be accepted he is the best inside these options
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu May 03, 2012 12:33 am

Capello, why would you event want that Judas ?

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu May 03, 2012 12:38 am

As for Zeman he's too old imo and I don't think it would do his health any good if he was to take over managing a big club like us,he's happy at Pescara where there is less pressure.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu May 03, 2012 12:48 am

AVB would be a bad choice for Roma, i can just imagine him getting demolsihed on the counter, his football isnt suited to serie A imo

For me Roma either keep Enrique or they go from someone with experience like Capello or Ancelotti who wouldve been a good choice if he wasnt at QSG. Even someone like Sven Erikson would be a better choice then AVB
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu May 03, 2012 12:49 am

He is very well liked on the red side of Rome.

http://vimeo.com/6037555

But like I said I can't see it happening considering his age.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu May 03, 2012 1:13 am

Patrick Bateman wrote:Capello, why would you event want that Judas ?

I can be careless about his move to Juve if he can come and demolish Juve in Turin , i think that would be the good revenge for both getting there and 7 goals this season hmm

+ his arrival means better transfers because he knows players unlike Enrique who cant even use the best of Bojan and i dont have faith in sabatini for example they could have got Witsel for 8m last summer he didn't do that now Real Madrid offer for him got rejected for 18m and he is the possible transfer goal for us and even if they accept we have to pay +18m , this is the guy that i have to trust for transfers for 1 more year? if don fabio comes i read sabatini will only go for youngster transfers for our youth and capello himself choosing what players he wants . Rubentus is now trolling us and guess what 33 year old Pirlo is there future . lmfao
and he doesn't me to defend his career
Capello > >>>> Ancelotti +AVB+Enrique

Last edited by Sorano Totti on Thu May 03, 2012 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu May 03, 2012 1:31 am

If Delio Rossi's policy is to hit players that mock him then this ain't the right team for him. Plus he's tainted just like Zeman is.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu May 03, 2012 1:36 am

I think Mike was joking about the Rossi comment lol,at least I hope he was,otherwise Clubber
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu May 03, 2012 2:16 am

Villas-Boas set for Roma switch - Page 2 294845_183413475062993_183413231729684_453897_7457689_n
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu May 03, 2012 2:31 am

I was joking about Rossi, though I would send him after :facepalm: 1 and :facepalm: 2.

Capello, no. I thank him for his time here, but no use going back to him. And I don't understand how anyone could go against Sabatini now. Heck, why don't we just press the destruct button on this whole club from top to bottom while we're at it. The impatience and unhappiness is astonishing.

As for Zeman, he would be one of the only two people I would want over Enrique. But as Dave said, I think he's happy with Pescara and I dont think he would want to come to Rome and deal with all that bullshit again. He knows how Serie A works and I doubt he would want to put up with it.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu May 03, 2012 3:04 am

Cool
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu May 03, 2012 3:31 am

Sorano Totti wrote:yes we are a happy camper and we rather not to have one of the best managers in the world because we are buthurt and we love the fact that we cant get top class defenders like the young samuel and we rather be patient to get truly humiliated because its not enough for us that we have same points as Atalanta , and we can only score through crosses , yeah we are the best , why other teams understand that we have project and they should help us by scoring own goals

Piss poor excuse for being fickle and impatient.

You think we're the only club in Europe that's punching below it's weight? Look at sides like Leverkusen and Valencia. They are capable of a lot more than they've shown and yet they underperformed this season too just like us.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu May 03, 2012 3:45 am

As a fan i consider Roma alot better than likes of Leverkusen and Valencia and looking at finances tells me other than barcelona and Real Madrid that take most of the revenue the rest get only a little and if you consider the fact that they had to sell their best players in order to survive makes the comparison even more funny or to be more clear Imagine that Roma were about to sell de rossi and Totti

I said once that i'm not going to be against Enrique just because Totti defended him but may be i am used to Roma fighting for scudetto and getting Runner up rather than the way that we are , the whole point is i want my team to win and i dont care who can do it even if you as a person be able to do that you will see me cheering for you
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu May 03, 2012 4:12 am

But what does Samuel have to do with anything??? My god you must actually think life is exactly like Football Manager where you could buy all the players you want and win everything through the click of a button.

For f*** sake i'm tired of arguing over this, people can't get it through their hard heads that you can't build a long-term winning team between the months of July and the following May, especially when, over the course of those months, you were forced field the likes of Jose Angel 26 times, Cassetti at CB 6 times, Taddei at fullback 23 times, Perrotta as emergency RB, De Rossi as emergency CB, Kjaer period. Not to mention injuries to Stekelenburg, Burdisso (out all season), Juan (big surprise) and Kjaer , Gago, Lamela, Pjanic, Totti, Borini and Osvaldo who every so often were out.

We got 11 new players last summer yet we still complain that certain departments aren't good enough. Well what do you expect, did you think Sabatini was going to buy 25 players in all? No, he planned a transfer market based on the immediate needs of the new coach and based on all the players we let go of. Yes, we expected better from some of them. We hoped Angel would show a little more promise and that Kjaer would have more than one good game, but these are things you have to deal with. Not every transfer could go your way. Please stop complaining about Witsel, Shaqiri, Thiago, whoever the hell we were linked with but didn't get. Instead we got Stekelenburg, Pjanic, Lamela, Borini, Gago, Heinze, Osvaldo, Marquinho who are all proving to be good transfers. The likes of Bojan, Kjaer, Angel have not lived up to expectations, but two of those are loans so it's not that bad of a situation. Let's also keep in mind that we got Lopez, Nego and Tallo last summer who are looking good so far. So stop complaining and just support the team.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu May 03, 2012 4:36 am

All these is about if Enrique resigns and the article is about that matter , its a different story than to say if he stays our transfers were more not because of sabatini it was because we had more to spend and didn't have to rely on free transfers like Adriano or simplicio , never mind its like you are from different planet
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu May 03, 2012 5:14 am

ErPupone wrote:But what does Samuel have to do with anything??? My god you must actually think life is exactly like Football Manager where you could buy all the players you want and win everything through the click of a button.

For f*** sake i'm tired of arguing over this, people can't get it through their hard heads that you can't build a long-term winning team between the months of July and the following May, especially when, over the course of those months, you were forced field the likes of Jose Angel 26 times, Cassetti at CB 6 times, Taddei at fullback 23 times, Perrotta as emergency RB, De Rossi as emergency CB, Kjaer period. Not to mention injuries to Stekelenburg, Burdisso (out all season), Juan (big surprise) and Kjaer , Gago, Lamela, Pjanic, Totti, Borini and Osvaldo who every so often were out.

We got 11 new players last summer yet we still complain that certain departments aren't good enough. Well what do you expect, did you think Sabatini was going to buy 25 players in all? No, he planned a transfer market based on the immediate needs of the new coach and based on all the players we let go of. Yes, we expected better from some of them. We hoped Angel would show a little more promise and that Kjaer would have more than one good game, but these are things you have to deal with. Not every transfer could go your way. Please stop complaining about Witsel, Shaqiri, Thiago, whoever the hell we were linked with but didn't get. Instead we got Stekelenburg, Pjanic, Lamela, Borini, Gago, Heinze, Osvaldo, Marquinho who are all proving to be good transfers. The likes of Bojan, Kjaer, Angel have not lived up to expectations, but two of those are loans so it's not that bad of a situation. Let's also keep in mind that we got Lopez, Nego and Tallo last summer who are looking good so far. So stop complaining and just support the team.

I dont play Fifa Manager , they dont sell that game in Canada so please stop refering to that

was it hard to predict that we need a right back ? its rosi and Casetti

Tell me what is Related please because even i talk about Antunes and Castellini ,Boriello you will call it unrelated too
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu May 03, 2012 5:35 am

yea man im from another planet alright lol. go on, keep living in 2001.

ps- im from Canada and i have it,but thats besides the point. my point was youre expecting unrealistic results. we all want the good of Roma here, but theres a growing process we're gunna have to go through whether you like it or not.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu May 03, 2012 5:44 am

Just as I suspected. The fans arent patient enough. I completely agree with most of you that the players and board should get behind him and try to convince him to stay. People are evil sometimes though, and its gotta be hard.

Bringing Villas-boas in would take you nowhere, and abandoning the project would be more of a failure. You'd be back to where you started.

No point expecting a quick fix, the players aren't good enough or experienced enough. Time is needed to bring some more quality in and gel the growing players. 1st year sets the foundation, second you will start to see results and a much improved team, third you start thinking about the title. That would be my mantra.

You can almost guarantee bringing in a new coach will bring you nothing next year.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu May 03, 2012 5:44 am

ErPupone wrote:yea man im from another planet alright lol. go on, keep living in 2001.

ps- im from Canada and i have it,but thats besides the point. my point was youre expecting unrealistic results. we all want the good of Roma here, but theres a growing process we're gunna have to go through whether you like it or not.

Is it unrealistic that i want a win against Catania or is it considered support?
we need a win not for a table but for confidence in manager and players
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu May 03, 2012 5:58 am

BarcaKizz wrote:Just as I suspected. The fans arent patient enough. I completely agree with most of you that the players and board should get behind him and try to convince him to stay. People are evil sometimes though, and its gotta be hard.

Bringing Villas-boas in would take you nowhere, and abandoning the project would be more of a failure. You'd be back to where you started.

No point expecting a quick fix, the players aren't good enough or experienced enough. Time is needed to bring some more quality in and gel the growing players. 1st year sets the foundation, second you will start to see results and a much improved team, third you start thinking about the title. That would be my mantra.

You can almost guarantee bringing in a new coach will bring you nothing next year.

Villas boas is a step backward , he showed that against Napoli and i dont need any of that . I expected a Spanish manager to at least know Spanish players ad i believe thats not high expectations , its completely normal .
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Thu May 03, 2012 7:06 am

I wish we could trade enrique for guardiola lol.. that would be a upgrade Very Happy

Actually im tired on experiments.. I would like a decent, balanced coach. But would welcome Spalletti back with open arms. Hes tactics still work, Zenit is winning.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 03, 2012 1:04 pm

Most if not all of you Romanisti are aware of my liking and soft spot for Roma, along with the fact that Enrique has been one of my childhood favorites. You also may know how highly I revere him as a manager since his Barca B days and even since he has come to Roma.

Here is the thing, AvB is a very talented manager and would be perfect for Roma if he was the foremost manager to be applied to the project in the influx of Di Benedetto & NESV. Even if LE is replaced he STILL would be success.

But why would you want a manager sacked who is part of a 5 YEAR PLAN. The initial thought was Enrique would fail miserably with his very risky style (in context to being played in the A) yet here we have Enrique's Roma nearly in the EL and fighting for the CL (don't count the recent drop in the gap). I see improvements in the team play and tactics despite some of the pessimistic outlooks here and I'm surprised he has done so with such a disbalanced squad, bad luck and highly inconsistent back line. LE and Sabbatini have already stated most of the implementation in play and results will require time as such is the case in adapting to a new philosophy and style within football.

I personally hold Roma is high regard as a club with their youth, philosophy, principle, etc. What I always disliked about Roma was the incredibly infuriating press associated with them and their more radical fans. This isn't even the typical central Italian temper and impulsiveness. This is simply a group of fans who do not understand the meaning of patience or the concept of time needed to build a team. Which is essentially the cause of Roma's inconsistencies throughout there history. It is generally held within Italia that Roma is by fa the hardest club to manage within the whole of Italia (if not Europe) due to the immense pressure applied by the press and more importantly the fans. Its pure madness! These fans are always about results NOW NOW NOW. It isn't adult.

In the end I would be even more upset than some of you Romanisti if LE is sacked and this isn't just because I admire him as a player and manager, but it will show that Roma (their fans) (or serie A) will remain in their stubborn ways as its a testament to whats been wrong about the club throughout the greater part of the decade.

I trust Sabbatini will convince him and trust that Enrique who is a mental athlete, will overcome the immense pressure and follow through with this project. As for the summer, please provide him with some players for the backline along with a striker who can score (borini too young, Bojan not a proper striker).

As for the debate, I would like to give a special mention to Mike who has debated in this thread absolute wonderful fashion. You have my respect for that.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next