flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Villas-Boas set for Roma switch Empty Re: Villas-Boas set for Roma switch

Post by Vibe Wed May 02, 2012 11:10 am

What's the point of replacing Enrique when you're essentially getting a manager in the same mold...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed May 02, 2012 12:19 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/former-chelsea-boss-andre-villas-boas-815216
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Wed May 02, 2012 12:29 pm

Unlike enrique he has more experience. He has actually won something, unlike our previous managers who hadnt won anything..
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed May 02, 2012 12:33 pm

Won't be shocked if he ends up with us.Afterall he was our first pick last summer,Baldini wanted him at Roma,just the 15M price tag scared us off.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed May 02, 2012 12:47 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2012/05/02/3075200/roma-close-in-on-villas-boas-after-luis-enrique-tells-club
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed May 02, 2012 2:48 pm

flameas wrote:Unlike enrique he has more experience. He has actually won something, unlike our previous managers who hadnt won anything..

I'm not sure whether you can call his 2 and a half years of work experience...LE at least has Serie A experience,starting over with Boas may not be the way to go.

Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed May 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Can I ask you guys why Enrique is leaving? I don't get it. Clearly his project would take more than 1 year... still not the quality in the team to be expecting a UCL place. At least a 2nd year I'd expect him to be there for.

Is it that Roma's board don't have faith in him?

Is it that he doesn't have faith in himself?

What?
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Wed May 02, 2012 4:08 pm

Nonsense. I've we're replacing him I was hoping we could find an italian manager.

I'd rather keep Enrique.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed May 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Sabatini: "I believe that Luis Enrique is thinking adieu, we will try to convince him to stay"

Walter Sabatini , Ds of Rome, in an interview yesterday in Mediaset widespread but only today, spoke about the future of Luis Enrique: "This is a thought of mine, is not attributable to any statement, but I think we're all thinking ' hypothesis of farewell : not feeling the support for himself does not feel able to transfer to the team and so did not want to put the Roma, team and company, in a situation of imbalance. The next step is to confront socieà Luis Enrique, trying to figure out what his real motives and try to convince him. Luis Enrique is an exceedingly honest guy, was very proud to train for Rome and it is today : it must decide calmly, do not want to press it beyond measure, because he knows what is best for himself and for his family. We want him to stay , but if not we will be more choices: 5 minute after the last league game will begin to plan for the future.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed May 02, 2012 4:19 pm

Vibe wrote:
flameas wrote:Unlike enrique he has more experience. He has actually won something, unlike our previous managers who hadnt won anything..

I'm not sure whether you can call his 2 and a half years of work experience...LE at least has Serie A experience,starting over with Boas may not be the way to go.

Looks like you were right all along Vibe you did say that this type of football could never work in Serie A.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed May 02, 2012 4:23 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:Can I ask you guys why Enrique is leaving? I don't get it. Clearly his project would take more than 1 year... still not the quality in the team to be expecting a UCL place. At least a 2nd year I'd expect him to be there for.

What?

The fans are getting on his back.The past few weeks their have being banners saying *go home Enrique* and the fans booing the team,etc.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed May 02, 2012 4:24 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:Can I ask you guys why Enrique is leaving? I don't get it. Clearly his project would take more than 1 year... still not the quality in the team to be expecting a UCL place. At least a 2nd year I'd expect him to be there for.

What?

He may leave because the butthurt Roma fans in the city and Roman media do not understand the virtue of patience.

Their obssession with quick and positive results ultimately ruined this project. The board all want Luis Enrique to stay and have absolutely complete confidence in him. The players also have complete confidence in him. It's the fans and the media that have thrown him under the bus. It's utterly ridiculous and shows a severe lack of faith in their club IMO.

If LE leaves, I will be incredibly disappointed and disgusted at how he was treated.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed May 02, 2012 4:24 pm

Possession will work anywhere actually. He needs time to get it to work. You can't go to some place new and start a new system and expect success immediately.

With some consistency in results, Roma can challenge for Serie A
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed May 02, 2012 4:34 pm

kiranr wrote:Possession will work anywhere actually. He needs time to get it to work. You can't go to some place new and start a new system and expect success immediately.

With some consistency in results, Roma can challenge for Serie A

ofc possession can work anywhere but with us it's all passing it around at the back and we even struggle with that still :facepalm: ,a lack of penetration most of the time,and I want to mention there's no pressing the opposition when we lose the ball.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed May 02, 2012 4:39 pm

Patrick Bateman wrote:

ofc possession can work anywhere but with us it's all passing it around at the back and we even struggle with that still :facepalm: ,a lack of penetration most of the time,and I want to mention there's no pressing the opposition when we lose the ball.

All that requires time. Tactics which aid penetration and pressing dont work from the word go when you are implementing a new strategy and when most players are getting used to it.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed May 02, 2012 4:41 pm

kiranr wrote:
Patrick Bateman wrote:

All that requires time. Tactics which aide penetration and pressing dont work from the word go when you are implementing a new strategy and when most players are getting used to it.

Why,tell me why it's so hard to press the opposition ?

It's not rocket science ffs lol

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed May 02, 2012 4:45 pm

Patrick Bateman wrote:
kiranr wrote:
Patrick Bateman wrote:

All that requires time. Tactics which aide penetration and pressing dont work from the word go when you are implementing a new strategy and when most players are getting used to it.

Well you're right, but high pressure requires a lot of energy and the players must be conditioned for it. That type of conditioning takes multiple seasons to realize, not just one. We've been able to high press well at times this season, but nowhere near with Barcelona's endurance. As Kiranr said, that's all to come with time.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed May 02, 2012 4:50 pm

Patrick Bateman wrote:

It could be because LE is trying to get the passing game going. From your post earlier in another thread, it seemed it was a big problem where players could not understand each other much. Only once that issue is solved can he focus on pressing.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed May 02, 2012 4:52 pm

McLewis wrote:
Patrick Bateman wrote:
kiranr wrote:
Patrick Bateman wrote:

Well you're right, but high pressure requires a lot of energy and the players must be conditioned for it. That type of conditioning takes multiple seasons to realize, not just one. We've been able to high press well at times this season, but nowhere near with Barcelona's endurance. As Kiranr said, that's all to come with time.

Well the players should be well used to it by now imo they've had enough training sessions under LE by this stage and no European distractions.The only one atm who actually does it consistently is Borini,now why couldn't some more of the players take a leaf out of his book ?
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Wed May 02, 2012 5:11 pm

I just read the news and I would be quite disappointed as well. Roma is a team a really respect in Serie A and he seemed he had a good project going. Too bad he got thrown under a bus and he can't finish what he was doing. I really don't know what to expect from AVB if he replaces him. He is going to need time as well, so if he doesn't get results next year will he be replaced again?

At this rate, it will be the same thing for Roma year after year and I hope that is not the case.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Villas-Boas set for Roma switch Empty Report: Enrique quits Roma

Post by DeviAngel Wed May 02, 2012 5:13 pm

DeviAngel wrote:There are numerous reports that Luis Enrique has already informed Roma he will leave at the end of the season.

This morning Portuguese media claimed there was a deal in place with his replacement, former Porto and Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas.

It is now suggested in several media outlets in Italy that Luis Enrique has told Giallorossi directors he has no intention of staying on for next season, as he is tired of the criticism and increasing protests from fans.

The ultras have made their feelings clear by hanging large banners outside the training ground with ‘Luis go home’ written in Spanish.

The reports are fuelled by the tacticians comments before the 2-2 draw with Napoli. “I am 100 per cent sure of what I want to do.”

It is claimed there are fractures within the club on this decision, as director general Franco Baldini is very much in favour of keeping Luis Enrique, whereas director of sport Walter Sabatini is less convinced.

“We don’t want to think of a future without Luis Enrique, but perhaps he considers himself to be a problem,” Sabatini told Sky Sport Italia television after yesterday’s 0-0 draw with Chievo.

“We will certainly talk it over together at the end of the season and make our evaluations.”

Today Sabatini also spoke to the cameras of Mediaset Premium and confirmed this approach.

“From what Luis Enrique said emerges perhaps his desire to leave the club at the end of the season, but that is just my personal sensation.

“Maybe he doesn’t feel supported by the environment around Roma and for this reason, to not create an imbalance within the team and the club, he wants to take this decision. He doesn’t want to spread that insecurity to the players.”

The former Barcelona B Coach is likely to receive a golden handshake deal on his exit if he gives up on the three-year contract worth €2.9m per season.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed May 02, 2012 5:33 pm

That title is jumping the gun a bit, don't you think?
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed May 02, 2012 5:42 pm

Tell me how the f*** getting Villas Boas to replace Enrique is a positive thing? How is this a step forward? FFS some people are incredibly delusional.

Tell me, what does Boas have over Enrique? Experience? Bull shit. Yes he did well with Porto, very well, hats off to him for that. He gets to Chelsea, pressure goes up a couple notches, he fails to live up to expectations. He gets fired, Di Matteo takes over, Champions League final. Enrique, was in a winning system for years at Barcelona. I don't give a shit that he was just at Barcelona B, aren't some of us praising Alberto De Rossi because he's doing a great job with our Primavera??? Experience.... Enrique has been in Serie A for about 10 months now, that's 10 months more than Villas Boas.

Team cohesion. Enrique is loved by EVERY SINGLE PLAYER ON THIS TEAM, Totti and De Rossi included. Every player, staff member and opposing players and managers have praised his methods. Overall, they appreciate him even more than Spalletti and Ranieri who had their share of problems with certain players. For once we have a coach and all our players on the same page, and we're ready to throw that all away because we're so impatient.

Mentality. It's apples vs. other apples on this one. Tactics, overall mentality, ideology is basically the same. If you're unhappy now with Enrique, you'll still be unhappy with Villas Boas, quite simply.

PS - please excuse the rant but I'm just pissed off that people just expect victory, that people think we would be a championship winning side with f***ing Taddei starting as a full back and Junior Tallo saving our asses against Napoli.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed May 02, 2012 6:53 pm

ErPupone wrote:Tell me how the f*** getting Villas Boas to replace Enrique is a positive thing? How is this a step forward? FFS some people are incredibly delusional.

Tell me, what does Boas have over Enrique? Experience? Bull shit. Yes he did well with Porto, very well, hats off to him for that. He gets to Chelsea, pressure goes up a couple notches, he fails to live up to expectations. He gets fired, Di Matteo takes over, Champions League final. Enrique, was in a winning system for years at Barcelona. I don't give a shit that he was just at Barcelona B, aren't some of us praising Alberto De Rossi because he's doing a great job with our Primavera??? Experience.... Enrique has been in Serie A for about 10 months now, that's 10 months more than Villas Boas.

Team cohesion. Enrique is loved by EVERY SINGLE PLAYER ON THIS TEAM, Totti and De Rossi included. Every player, staff member and opposing players and managers have praised his methods. Overall, they appreciate him even more than Spalletti and Ranieri who had their share of problems with certain players. For once we have a coach and all our players on the same page, and we're ready to throw that all away because we're so impatient.

Mentality. It's apples vs. other apples on this one. Tactics, overall mentality, ideology is basically the same. If you're unhappy now with Enrique, you'll still be unhappy with Villas Boas, quite simply.

PS - please excuse the rant but I'm just pissed off that people just expect victory, that people think we would be a championship winning side with f***ing Taddei starting as a full back and Junior Tallo saving our asses against Napoli.

Absolutely spot on. Couldn't have put it better myself.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: