ioilersrock448
BAYERN_MUNICH
Collblanc
huntsman
The Messiah
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Which strikers should Bayern sign? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which strikers should Bayern sign?

Post by Sushi Master Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:57 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Drogba would come for free, and there's no way he's getting the same wages at 33 or whatever than when he was in his prime.

As a bench option he'd be great. There just aren't that many young talented strikers nowadays, at least not available.

If Bayern want to spend some cash and get a Gómez type player I'd go for Damiao.

We don't want and don't need a Gomez type of striker.

It's quite obvious you are more of Arsenal fan, than Bayern. you hardly follow Bayern, do you..? Very Happy
Say what?

What's wrong with 2 Gómez types? Damiao is young, very talented and has very good finishing, which in Bayern with all the chances created is a necessary attribute. I don't care for flashy forwards, we already have enough flair in our wingers and midfield. I want efficient goal machines.

I'm not even sure what that shot at my loyalty is for. You'll find me in every Bayern or Bayern player related thread in existance and not once have I ever spoken crap about the team. Hell, I'm one of the few guys here who actually had faith in Badstuber from the start.

Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Which strikers should Bayern sign? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which strikers should Bayern sign?

Post by The Messiah Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:58 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:You need a proper backup to Gomez though, as you don't have one. Petersen will probably be loaned out, obviously Bayerns first priority will be to replace Olic with a versatile forward, but aside from that Bayern should probably try to get a Gomez-type striker as well, just in case.

The Board says we don't need another type of Gomez striker and I am a loyal fan and I wouldn't question them.

But apart from that, I honesty believe we'll do better if we get a technical striker with good first touch who can hold the ball, create chances and pass the ball better than Gomez.

Gomez is great but he misses so many chance, if we find a good striker or Gomez stop missing all those chance, then we can have someone in our team who can score as much goals as Ronaldo and Messi,
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:09 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:You need a proper backup to Gomez though, as you don't have one. Petersen will probably be loaned out, obviously Bayerns first priority will be to replace Olic with a versatile forward, but aside from that Bayern should probably try to get a Gomez-type striker as well, just in case.

The Board says we don't need another type of Gomez striker and I am a loyal fan and I wouldn't question them.

But apart from that, I honesty believe we'll do better if we get a technical striker with good first touch who can hold the ball, create chances and pass the ball better than Gomez.

Gomez is great but he misses so many chance, if we find a good striker or Gomez stop missing all those chance, then we can have someone in our team who can score as much goals as Ronaldo and Messi,
I think what they mean is another top tier striker. You're not having 2 world class guys fighting for 1 spot with one of them on the bench. Well, unless you're City.

And dude, questioning the board does not make you a disloyal fan...

So I think what you mean is that you want an Agüero type. I agree it would be nice having a more technical striker to vary tactics, but there just aren't that many available nowadays. There's also the fact it would have to be a young guy willing to be able to rotate and bench Gómez. I feel technical guys aren't needed much at Bayern due to the quality of the midfield, so that's where my Damiao comparison comes from. Damiao is no slouch technically, though... he's Brazilian FFS.

We're not having anyone score as much as Messi or Ronaldo because we're not a 1 man team :vagi:
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:17 pm

Idrisozet wrote:The Board says we don't need another type of Gomez striker and I am a loyal fan and I wouldn't question them.

:vagi:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:18 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Drogba would come for free, and there's no way he's getting the same wages at 33 or whatever than when he was in his prime.

As a bench option he'd be great. There just aren't that many young talented strikers nowadays, at least not available.

If Bayern want to spend some cash and get a Gómez type player I'd go for Damiao.

We don't want and don't need a Gomez type of striker.

It's quite obvious you are more of Arsenal fan, than Bayern. you hardly follow Bayern, do you..? Very Happy
Say what?

What's wrong with 2 Gómez types? Damiao is young, very talented and has very good finishing, which in Bayern with all the chances created is a necessary attribute. I don't care for flashy forwards, we already have enough flair in our wingers and midfield. I want efficient goal machines.

I'm not even sure what that shot at my loyalty is for. You'll find me in every Bayern or Bayern player related thread in existance and not once have I ever spoken crap about the team. Hell, I'm one of the few guys here who actually had faith in Badstuber from the start.

Bro, I was just messing around Very Happy

I remember the old goal.com days and when Van Gaal was giving us Bayern heart attack, it was just Me, You, Bayern-Munich and Bayern87, representing Bayern in that old forum.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:27 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:

I think what they mean is another top tier striker. You're not having 2 world class guys fighting for 1 spot with one of them on the bench. Well, unless you're City.

And dude, questioning the board does not make you a disloyal fan...

So I think what you mean is that you want an Agüero type. I agree it would be nice having a more technical striker to vary tactics, but there just aren't that many available nowadays. There's also the fact it would have to be a young guy willing to be able to rotate and bench Gómez. I feel technical guys aren't needed much at Bayern due to the quality of the midfield, so that's where my Damiao comparison comes from. Damiao is no slouch technically, though... he's Brazilian FFS.

We're not having anyone score as much as Messi or Ronaldo because we're not a 1 man team :vagi:

Hoeness clearly said we need a striker with different style from Gomez, a versatile and technical striker. JH wanted someone like Aguero or Tevez but they said they are too expensive and JH is not a big fan of Tevez.

They refused to sign giroud because he's too similar to Gomez, Llorente a deal was agree between both clubs but he refused to join because he didnt want to be a rotational player.

JH also wanted Rossi but no attempt was made because of his injury.

Our board over the years have made so many good decision and few ones, so I really trust them
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:34 pm

Well, last I saw the Giroud rumours were still floating around.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:46 pm

rwo power wrote:Well, last I saw the Giroud rumours were still floating around.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2012/04/03/3009334/llorente-guidetti-giroud-pizarro-which-striker-will-bayern
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:16 pm

I saw it today in the ARD videotext, and a short Google around showed that it was obviously coming from yesterday's BILD: http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/christian-nerlinger/flog-zu-frankreich-knipser-giroud-23900082.bild.html

Transfermarkt.de has it as a 19% probability rumour, so it's still vague for now.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Which strikers should Bayern sign? - Page 2 Empty Higuain linked to Bayern

Post by Babun Fri May 04, 2012 6:38 pm

German and Spanish media report about mutual interest between Bayern and Higuain. uli Hoeness announced a bomb signing after CL final...

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/higuain-apunta-bayern-confidencial/20120504dasdasftb_9/Tes
http://www.fussballtransfers.com/bundesliga/transfermarkt/spanische-medien-higuain-zu-bayern-munchen_27393

Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri May 04, 2012 7:12 pm

That's interesting. I just wonder whether Higuain would be content having to compete with Mario Gomez when he is already not so content to compete with Benzema at Real.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri May 04, 2012 7:25 pm

Bayern don't have a choice but to sign another top striker and offer him plenty of playing time. The issue is Gomez is almost the only source of goals. If he injures himself or goes out of form, Bayern's season would be screwed. They really need their poachers. Gomez was in that situation this year already. He is also overplayed, notice how his output got less and elss with the season progressing.

Last edited by Immortal Babun on Fri May 04, 2012 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri May 04, 2012 7:30 pm

Well, as much as I agree with this assessment, I think it is not so easy to accommodate two high profile strikers in a 4-2-3-1 set up, if one wants to do both justice.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri May 04, 2012 7:33 pm

All I know, Peterson isn't the solution and Bayern intend to play on all fronts. That Giroud guy would be worth a gamble at 10 millions but they really need a proper backup. If Gomez is out for some reason= no goals. Heynckes rotates enough as it is.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri May 04, 2012 7:37 pm

I hope that Peterson will be loaned out next season. He deserves proper playing time. Actually he does not only deserve it, he needs it to develop.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri May 04, 2012 8:08 pm

rwo power wrote:I hope that Peterson will be loaned out next season. He deserves proper playing time. Actually he does not only deserve it, he needs it to develop.
Petersen is crap, a waste of space in a team like Bayern. He might become a good poacher Huntelaar style in 4-5 years but nothing more.
Before you state that I'm too harsh I played CF myself. Sometimes, the truth has to be told.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri May 04, 2012 9:44 pm

To begin I will like to say I miss the good old days when we had, Pizzaro, Roy Makaay, Santa Cruz and Podolski at the-same time.

Who said Higuain will not get playing time in Bayern, JH is know for rotating players and Olic although injured for more than half of the season, still managed more than 30 appearance.

I will be a smart a move to include Higuain in our ranks, but I say it will be extremely difficult to sign him, we don't have spending power as much as bigger clubs such as Real-Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United. But nevertheless it will be a dream come through if Higuain or any striker of that calibre join our ranks.

Also can I ask a question, can he play on the wings..? from what I heard from a classified reliable source in Germany our board are really particular about a player that can use both feet and can play in other secondary role apart from CF and this is the reason why a bid has not be made for Giraud.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat May 05, 2012 4:26 am

"Higuain has offers from Juventus, Bayern Munich, Manchester City, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain. He likes the Bayern offer more because of the club, the style of play and the work with the youngsters."

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/higuain-apunta-bayern-confidencial/20120504dasdasftb_9/Tes
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat May 05, 2012 6:43 am

Idrisozet wrote:"Higuain has offers from Juventus, Bayern Munich, Manchester City, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain. He likes the Bayern offer more because of the club, the style of play and the work with the youngsters."

Happy birthday, Idrisozet.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sat May 05, 2012 7:15 am

Happy birthday indeed.

cheers :bball: :dance: drinking :bow: banana eco smile :mental: Chaka :shisha: Thumbs up cheers :bball: :dance: drinking :bow: banana eco smile :mental: Chaka :shisha: Thumbs up cheers :bball: :dance: drinking :bow: banana eco smile :mental: Chaka :shisha: Thumbs up cheers :bball: :dance: drinking :bow: banana eco smile :mental: Chaka :shisha: Thumbs up cheers :bball: :dance: drinking :bow: banana eco smile :mental: Chaka :shisha: Thumbs up
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat May 05, 2012 8:46 am

Idrisozet wrote:
Also can I ask a question, can he play on the wings..? from what I heard from a classified reliable source in Germany our board are really particular about a player that can use both feet and can play in other secondary role apart from CF and this is the reason why a bid has not be made for Giraud.
Higuain is able to play on the right wing as inside forward Pedro or Müller style. happy Birthday, by the way, if the date in your profile is correct eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat May 05, 2012 10:46 am

Happy birthday Idrisozet!

Well, I think signing such a striker as Higuaín would definetely not make Bayern worse, so if all parties are fine with it - why not?

(Secret Agent from Argentina smuggling in to collect data how to defeat Germany in the next international encounter? Very Happy)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat May 05, 2012 1:05 pm

I don't think an Argentine player will be aware that the Bundesliga exists, so the move is unlikely, but it would be nice for Bayern, wouldn't it?

Backup for Gomez/Müller/Robben, maybe even Ribéry, all in one, all the time while Olic is leaving, and they can maybe even introduce a rotation system?

I doubt Higuain would go for it, but it would be great for Bayern.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat May 05, 2012 1:40 pm

I forgot he can play on the wings hmm. Come to daddy, Higuain :bow:.

Would be delicious just for the butthurt from other teams, considering we already have Gómez. He will surely get playing time, IMO. I mean we're playing Olic on the wings and Olic is a gonner. That'll mean we have Godmez and... that's it. Müller as emergency backup. So yeah, we need a striker.

If the board have ambition and really want a top striker, he's clearly the first choice. The fans surely deserve it after that fiasco during the winter window...

The only problem would be the "prestige" factor. Not that Bayern ain't prestigeous, but most people see the Bundesliga as inferior. Plus the language.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat May 05, 2012 1:47 pm

No way Higuain would want to leave his favourite club (there is a video of him as a kid confessing to be a Madrid fan) becouse of being a rotational player to move to Bayern to be Gomez bench player...
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat May 05, 2012 2:24 pm

Se7en wrote:No way Higuain would want to leave his favourite club (there is a video of him as a kid confessing to be a Madrid fan) becouse of being a rotational player to move to Bayern to be Gomez bench player...

I think you're right on that one, I wouldn't see the point either in moving from bench to bench, I was just saying that it would be great for Bayern, never said it would be great for Higuain. Wink

Though it wouldn't be bad for him, either.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next