guest7
pUsHa
chinomaster182
andiii
Cassius
55 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Didier Drogba.. - Page 5 Empty Re: Didier Drogba..

Post by free_cat Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:24 am

Lex wrote:^ ^ looool

Didier Drogba.. - Page 5 Imager

Not really, I think the ref should have given Drogba a yellow card and extended both halves by some more minutes, but I'm not really mad.

Drogba diving and feigning injury didn't effect the result and it was not something dangerous for our players.

It's just a minor issue IMO.

However, this forum has acted as if it was the worst thing in the world when some Barça player have done less diving and feigning than Drogba, and you don't see this reaction now.

*wonders why. hmm

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:26 am

Because when a well known band of robbers get robbed themselves, society is less likely to be outraged
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:27 am

Lex wrote:Because when a well known band of robbers get robbed themselves, society is less likely to be outraged

No one robbed us yesterday, and we haven't robbed anyone.

FYI ref mistakes =/= diving/feigning injuries.

Barça have been criticized (injustly IMO) for having ref mistakes in their favour and in other times for diving/feigning injuries.

One thing has nothing to do with the other. This thread is about diving of a Chelsea player, not about refs mistakes. So you shouldn't bring it here.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:30 am

free dude, just leave it. Drogba got us, its true. Great player especially considering his age. But, people envy us, thats why we and our players are the most discussed and bashed no matter the reason. Next dick-head who replies my post and says otherwise is one of those envious pricks. Drogba will get an oscar for this match, even though i was rooting for Di Maria or Bussi to get it, but Drogba :vagi: me
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:33 am

Barca fans butthurt after tasting their own medicine :bow:
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:37 am

Nah dude i said it even in the Chelsea and Barca thread, Karma got us. Drogba was big, but we should look at things realistically, his diving and playacting were abov lvl 9000. He will get an oscar. With that in mind, i do not judge him. He did what he had to do to get the result, and he did not injure anyone in the process. Simple as that. It annoyed the hell out of me, as it annoys even more when i se this done by Barca players.

PS. Well, Barca, RM, and Bayern have more games to come, so as Chelsea, even though Drogba leads the race for oscar, the competition is huge this year, Di Maria, Bussi, Ribery and a lot others will try to grab it away from him for sure Razz
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:00 pm

It was simply intelligent play. You have to do what you have to do against Barcelona.

If you remember the CL final last year, United had to withstand wave after wave of attack. Barca just attacked, succeeded or failed and immediately recirculated the ball for another attack. If you do this your defence will crack under the pressure eventually.

Drogba was buying the team breathers to get back into position, find their marks and just take short breaks from the onslaught. It was incredibly intelligent play and gave them a taste of their own medicine at the same time. Its unsportsmanlike and not something I'd condone but it helped beat them. He wasn't doing it to get penalties or to get people sent off, he was just doing it to help his defence. I have no doubt that if Chelsea had let them do their thing uninterrupted Barca'd have beaten them comfortably.

Last edited by animal.crackers on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:17 pm

A barça player dives --> Goalegacy: "it's a *bleep* disgrace!" "Ban for life" "Biscuits, Dives, Alexives!" "Barça should be kicked of the CL!!"

A player from a team that is facing Barça dives--> Goallegacy "it was inteligent play".
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:26 pm

animal.crackers wrote:It was simply intelligent play. You have to do what you have to do against Barcelona.

If you remember the CL final last year, United had to withstand wave after wave of attack. Barca just attacked, succeeded or failed and immediately recirculated the ball for another attack. If you do this your defence will crack under the pressure eventually.

Drogba was buying the team breathers to get back into position, find their marks and just take short breaks from the onslaught. It was incredibly intelligent play and gave them a taste of their own medicine at the same time. Its unsportsmanlike and not something I'd condone but it helped beat them. He wasn't doing it to get penalties or to get people sent off, he was just doing it to help his defence. I have no doubt that if we'd have let them do their thing uninterrupted they'd have beaten us comfortably.
this
chelsea took a page out of Greece 2004's playbook and it worked, it might not be pretty but imo more of the same in the next leg
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:30 pm

animal.crackers wrote:He wasn't doing it to get penalties or to get people sent off, he was just doing it to help his defence.

uhmm, yeah he was. It's just that he never had had the opportunity to dive inside the box, since they only had had a single shot on goal. I'll also say that he was looking to get Barca players sent off, or at the very least, a yellow.

Just you wait till Busquets start his own show at the Camp, it will be a sell-out and worthy of an oscar! Laughing

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:37 pm

Brady2Moss wrote:
animal.crackers wrote:He wasn't doing it to get penalties or to get people sent off, he was just doing it to help his defence.

uhmm, yeah he was. It's just that he never had had the opportunity to dive inside the box, since they only had had a single shot on goal. I'll also say that he was looking to get Barca players sent off, or at the very least, a yellow.

Just you wait till Busquets start his own show at the Camp, it will be a sell-out and worthy of an oscar! Laughing

This is the epitome of a counterfactual argument.

How can you say he was trying to dive for a penalty....despite he never even having an opportunity to do so?

You are trying to say what is not. Why is it not? Because you do not know the answer, and my friend that is a fact.

He was not trying to get anyone sent off. The dives were ridiculous ones and I know for a fact that they were simply systematic dives. I've seen Drogba do this so many times in his career now. Remember the Napoli game when it was in extra time and Drogba was feigning injury to kill the game off? That should be fresh in your brain if you watched that game.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:38 pm

fatman123 wrote:
animal.crackers wrote:It was simply intelligent play. You have to do what you have to do against Barcelona.

Drogba was buying the team breathers to get back into position, find their marks and just take short breaks from the onslaught. It was incredibly intelligent play and gave them a taste of their own medicine at the same time. Its unsportsmanlike and not something I'd condone but it helped beat them. He wasn't doing it to get penalties or to get people sent off, he was just doing it to help his defence. I have no doubt that if Chelsea had let them do their thing uninterrupted Barca'd have beaten them comfortably.
this
chelsea took a page out of Greece 2004's playbook and it worked, it might not be pretty but imo more of the same in the next leg
Great memory.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:40 pm

LOL, please... Drogba is untouchable. Just because he was off the diving scene for a while doesn't mean he is second to anyone Very Happy Biscuits is a child when compared with Drogba! Very Happy

I think this is exactly the reaction wanted by Chelsea. Disrupting Barca's mentality, All the divers will start diving in Nou Camp and that would create enough diversions for Chelsea to survive.

But saying that, Barca will still beat us, they have too much quality. But this is one game that I will not forget haha...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:04 pm

animal.crackers wrote:

This is the epitome of a counterfactual argument.

How can you say he was trying to dive for a penalty....despite he never even having an opportunity to do so?

uhmm, the dude was diving all over the place, and yet you expect me to believe that he would not have done so in the box had he had the opportunity? Yeah, right..

You are trying to say what is not. Why is it not? Because you do not know the answer, and my friend that is a fact.

lol are we talking about the same Drogba? The one who even tried to get a free-kick at the edge of the penalty by feigning an injury...

He was not trying to get anyone sent off. The dives were ridiculous ones and I know for a fact that they were simply systematic dives. I've seen Drogba do this so many times in his career now. Remember the Napoli game when it was in extra time and Drogba was feigning injury to kill the game off? That should be fresh in your brain if you watched that game.

Yeah, he most certainly was. Drogba was looking to get Barca defenders into the book, simple as that. Tell me something though, if he was looking only to disrupt Barca's play, why did he get frustrated each time the ref denied his foul claims?

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:00 pm

free_cat wrote:A barça player dives --> Goalegacy: "it's a *bleep* disgrace!" "Ban for life" "Biscuits, Dives, Alexives!" "Barça should be kicked of the CL!!"

A player from a team that is facing Barça dives--> Goallegacy "it was inteligent play".

out of interest, are you extremely deluded or just trolling?
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Read all 7 pages and wondered why Real Madrid was involved in this discussion...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:38 pm

Used to think that Busquets was the best actor/diver in world football, not anymore :bow:

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:56 pm

harhar11 wrote:Used to think that Busquets was the best actor/diver in world football, not anymore :bow:

Nothing to get worried about the top diver team is still the same .. it just lacks Drogba !
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:04 pm

andiii wrote:
free_cat wrote:A barça player dives --> Goalegacy: "it's a *bleep* disgrace!" "Ban for life" "Biscuits, Dives, Alexives!" "Barça should be kicked of the CL!!"

He isn't wrong though is he? It is true apparently people only single out Barcelona as divers and claim we are cheats, it's even more hilarious that Madrid fans are the ones who start majority of those claims but there are infact more divers especially more in Madrid and other clubs.
Now if someone claims Chelsea's dives were intelligent then wow.. lol gotta save that quote for the next hypocrite Wink
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:24 pm

Gomez83 wrote:
andiii wrote:

He isn't wrong though is he? It is true apparently people only single out Barcelona as divers and claim we are cheats, it's even more hilarious that Madrid fans are the ones who start majority of those claims but there are infact more divers especially more in Madrid and other clubs.
Now if someone claims Drogba's dives were intelligent then wow.. lol gotta save that quote for the next hypocrite Wink
Fixed.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:26 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
Gomez83 wrote:
andiii wrote:

Now if someone claims Drogba's dives were intelligent then wow.. lol gotta save that quote for the next hypocrite Wink
Fixed.
Lampard dived attempting to get a free kick not too far from the penalty box o,o can't be bothered to replay the game to give more examples.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:27 pm

Gomez83 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
Gomez83 wrote:
andiii wrote:

Fixed.
Lampard dived attempting to get a free kick not too far from the penalty box o,o can't be bothered to replay the game to give more examples.
Yeah, I too will nitpick every foul against my club and call it a dive.

Don't try to grasp at straws just to prove your point. Drogba was the only one diving last night.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:34 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
Gomez83 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
Gomez83 wrote:
andiii wrote:

Fixed.
Yeah, I too will nitpick every foul against my club and call it a dive.

Don't try to grasp at straws just to prove your point. Drogba was the only one diving last night.
It's a foolish thing to say that, but it isn't worth fighting over lol
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:36 pm

Gomez83 wrote:
andiii wrote:

Now if someone claims Chelsea's dives were intelligent then wow.. lol gotta save that quote for the next hypocrite Wink

hmm well he said that people crucify barca when a barca player dives. and that's true, but it's also true that roughly 6 or 7 players in the barca squad are serial divers. that's why barca are criticized more than other clubs, because you have more divers. madrid are kind of close to that number, but they still have less. that's why barca are singled out. and rightfully so!
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:40 pm

andiii wrote:
Gomez83 wrote:
andiii wrote:

hmm well he said that people crucify barca when a barca player dives. and that's true, but it's also true that roughly 6 or 7 players in the barca squad are serial divers. that's why barca are criticized more than other clubs, because you have more divers
If 1 dive considers someone a serial diver then we have to re-look at every club
the constant divers in Barcelona is really only Sergio B. OCCASIONALLY Alves and I've only seen Mach do it like 4-6 times since he's gotten to Barcelona, but somehow he is considered a serial diver.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:40 pm

andiii wrote:
Gomez83 wrote:
andiii wrote:

hmm well he said that people crucify barca when a barca player dives. and that's true, but it's also true that roughly 6 or 7 players in the barca squad are serial divers. that's why barca are criticized more than other clubs, because you have more divers. madrid are kind of close to that number, but they still have less. that's why barca are singled out. and rightfully so!
Couldn't have said it any better.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next