Blue
Funkentelechy
Noonan22
the xcx
Blue Barrett
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Its official: Didier Drogba is leaving Empty Its official: Didier Drogba is leaving

Post by Blue Barrett Tue May 22, 2012 3:37 pm

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2785353,00.html
The 34-year-old said: 'I wanted to put an end to all the speculation and confirm that I am leaving Chelsea. It has been a very difficult decision for me to make and I am very proud of what we have achieved but the time is right for a new challenge for me.
'As a team we have accomplished so much and have won every single trophy possible. Saturday was a very special moment for everyone at the club and for all the fans, and I am very proud to have played my part in bringing many trophies to this club, which has been my home for the last eight years.
'I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at the club especially Roman and my team-mates, many of whom have become very close friends and will be my friends for life. I would also like to say a very special thank you to the Chelsea fans who have shown me so much love and support over the years.
'I wish the club all the best and continued success for the future - you will always be in my heart.'

It really saddens me to see this man leave, but it was inevitable. What a legend! He will never be forgotten. Farewell Drogba. We wish you the best. Sad

Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Its official: Didier Drogba is leaving Empty Re: Its official: Didier Drogba is leaving

Post by the xcx Tue May 22, 2012 3:44 pm

Cant belive we are replacing one of the best strikers of all time with Torres. GL Drogbazooka.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Its official: Didier Drogba is leaving Empty Re: Its official: Didier Drogba is leaving

Post by Blue Barrett Tue May 22, 2012 3:53 pm

Can you drop the Torres issue for once? Jesus!
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Noonan22 Tue May 22, 2012 4:05 pm

Nameless wrote:Cant belive we are replacing one of the best strikers of all time with Torres. GL Drogbazooka.

*bleep* off!You're no Chelsea fan so stop acting like one.
Noonan22
Noonan22
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue May 22, 2012 4:22 pm

Barrettinator wrote:Can you drop the Torres issue for once? Jesus!
kk your right, peace.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkentelechy Tue May 22, 2012 5:00 pm

Legend.

Will surely be missed Sad
Funkentelechy
Funkentelechy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Hamburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue May 22, 2012 5:11 pm

Its official: Didier Drogba is leaving 575278_390092684376899_190314277688075_1142114_1465987423_n

Sad
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue May 22, 2012 5:11 pm

Going to miss him, but he went out the best way.

Great player on the pitch, but even a better men off of it.

Legend.

Hope he doesn't go to China or Russia, preferably he goes to other major leagues in Europe or the MLS.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue May 22, 2012 5:33 pm

Good Bye Legend... I cant find words...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by pedrosom Tue May 22, 2012 5:51 pm

i'm a juve fan but... Sad
pedrosom
pedrosom
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue May 22, 2012 6:44 pm

Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed May 23, 2012 12:14 am

At least he went out on the greatest of highs.

Hiim winning the CL with his last kick for us WILL always be remembered.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed May 23, 2012 6:21 am

Blue will always be in our blood and our hearts... :bow:
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed May 23, 2012 6:35 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/didier-drogba-interview-on-winning-the-champions-844253

Didier Drogba reckons he has been on such a fantasy ride a Hollywood movie could be made out of his incredible Chelsea career.

And if a producer is looking for someone to play the role, Drogba joked there is only one contender.

“Bayern Munich coach Jupp Heynckes said I’m a good actor so maybe me,” he laughed as he looked back on a remarkable eight years at ­Stamford Bridge.

He will be remembered as one of the best strikers in Premier League history, going through the best and worst times of his career this season before finally emerging as a Champions League hero.

It has been a roller-coaster ride for the Ivory Coast international since he joined Chelsea in 2004, winning three Premier League titles, four FA Cups, two League Cups and now a European Cup.

And just to round off an incredible five days, he has been asked to take part in the Olympic torch relay in Swindon today.

“It’s like a movie, just like a movie,” he said. “Even today I still want to be in Munich in that stadium, cheering and celebrating with the fans. It was too quick the first time. I wanted it to be longer.

“Really, I’m so happy because it’s the first Champions League final I’ve won. Since I was a kid I was dreaming of this kind of moment, the scenario was just perfect until I conceded the penalty.

“A few months ago, even a few weeks I would have described this season as the worst of my Chelsea career. There was the knock on my head which was very hard to recover from.

“In football the good thing is things can change in a second. For example, in the 2008 ­Champions League final I hit a post just before extra-time and after that I got the red card and we lost on penalties.

“This year two minutes before the end I scored a header and we went to extra-time. In football it can change very quickly.

“The last two days I was feeling more 40 than 24! Now I feel really good, to be able to play a final at 34, and play extra-time, and to give what I gave, I think I can be proud of myself. I’m really happy I had the chance to do it and make a difference.”

Drogba has certainly made a difference for Chelsea as early accusations of being a diver have been replaced by him becoming a household name, loved enough to carry the Olympic torch.

“It took me time to adapt,” he said. “For some people it’s quick, for others it takes time. For me it took time. Today I’m really happy. People can see I’m not that person they thought I was in the ­beginning.

“I didn’t realise the culture was different from where I was playing. Cultures are different, the games are different, the ­referees are different, they referee in a different way.”

Drogba is out of contract soon and has yet to make a decision on his future.

But he is convinced the Chelsea he leaves behind can go on to win more trophies and has backed Fernando Torres to become a legend in his absence. He said: ­“Everybody knows Fernando is a very good player. He’s been through difficult times here. It happens to everyone. The good thing is he has our support.

“I know next season he’s going to improve. My first few seasons here were difficult for me. It’s not easy to play for Chelsea.

“Chelsea is in good hands with Fernando. Of course we will need new strikers but Torres will do the job, no doubt.”

Drogba credits Jose Mourinho with changing the mentality at Stamford Bridge but firmly believes Roberto Di Matteo has already emulated the Special One to become a club legend.

And he thinks the Champions League success has raised expectations and Chelsea must keep on winning to establish themselves as European greats.

Drogba added: “Jose was obviously very important to me in my first season here at Chelsea, but the one who had less time as a manager here is the one who won the Champions League.

“He’s a Chelsea legend, the way he managed to change the attitude and the mentality of the players is enormous because we weren’t in good shape mentally.

“I think Robbie is in the same situation as me because I think he’s going to speak to the board and the owner and see what is good for him and for the club.

“But no matter what happens now, he’s made history. I don’t know what’s going to happen but if he stays or he goes then he’s even more of a Chelsea legend. The job he did was exceptional.

“Now the expectation from fans and the owner will be the same as we did on Saturday. We set up something so now have to get into the Champions League final or win it.

“That’s what the club has to do to be a Barcelona, AC Milan or Real Madrid in Europe. We only have one Champions League and we need more.”

Drogba: Blue blooded
Nine Cup finals... and nine goals!

Didier Drogba scored his ninth cup final goal for Chelsea in Saturday’s ­Champions League final triumph. Here’s how they all went in...

2005 CARLING CUP FINAL - Liverpool 2 Chelsea 3 (aet)
Drogba put Chelsea ahead in extra-time as the Blues won their first trophy under Jose Mourinho.

2007 CARLING CUP FINAL - Arsenal 1 Chelsea 2
Arsene Wenger’s Gunners suffered as Drogba scored twice – including an 84th-minute winner – as Chelsea recovered from a Theo Walcott goal.

2007 FA CUP FINAL - Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0 (aet)
Frank Lampard laid on a return pass for Drogba to win the first FA Cup final at the new Wembley Stadium with 116 minutes on the clock.

2008 CARLING CUP FINAL - Chelsea 1 Tottenham 2 (aet)
Drogba became the first player to score in three League Cup finals when he put Chelsea ahead with a free-kick – but a Dimitar Berbatov penalty and a goal by Jonathan Woodgate left him a loser.

2009 FA CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2 Everton 1
Louis Saha shot Everton ahead with the fastest FA Cup final goal but Drogba’s equaliser turned the tide.

2010 FA CUP FINAL - Chelsea 1 Portsmouth 0
Drogba’s 59th-minute free-kick clinched Chelsea their first league and cup double.

2012 FA CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2 Liverpool 1
Chelsea lifted the trophy for a fourth time in six years as Drogba became the first player to score in four FA Cup finals.

2012 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL - Bayern Munich 1 Chelsea 1 (aet) (Chelsea win 4-3 on penalties)
Drogba’s 88th-minute header took the final into extra time and, fittingly, it was the 34-year-old Ivorian who struck the decisive penalty in the shoot-out.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed May 23, 2012 6:46 am

CHELSEA players have paid their tributes to Champions League hero Didier Drogba – who today announced he was leaving the club.

As the Champagne corks popped in Munich, following Drogba's incredible 88th minute equaliser and winning penalty, his team-mates queued-up to pay tribute to the man.

First with a hint of what might be to come was John Terry, who revealed that the charismatic Ivorian had made a speech post-match.

Terry said: “Didier said a good few words (post match).”

Pushed on whether he would reveal the content of what many already thought might be a goodbye speech, Terry declined.

"No!” he said. “But he did and sometimes it's meant to be and Didier Drogba deserves that."

Frank Lampard, who captained the Blues to their Munich triumph, said: “I’ve never been so emotional in a game. And I never had any doubt about Didier scoring.

“He’s the man for the big occasion. The momentum, we felt it was going to happen.

“Players were crying, tears in their eyes. Football can do that to people.

“Didi gave a speech in the dressing room afterwards. I think he’s going to be a politician one day. The personality he brings out in the squad is as much as he does on the pitch. That’s Didi.”

John Mikel Obi added his own tribute, saying: “What more can you say about Didi? There is nothing more you can say about Didier Drogba! He is a one-off player, and it is very rare you can find a striker like that.”

And Gary Cahill summed up what many felt, buy simply saying: “Didier yet again turned up. A big man for the big occasion.”

Drogba leaves Chelsea having scored 157 goals in 341 games. While at Chelsea he won three Premier League medals, four FA Cups, two League Cups and the Champions League.

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-chelsea-fc/2012/05/22/chelsea-stars-pay-tribute-to-legend-drogba-82029-31025826/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1vfXB75Ax
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by launchpad Wed May 23, 2012 10:59 am

He will be Missed.
launchpad
launchpad
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu May 24, 2012 11:06 am

Its official: Didier Drogba is leaving 555447_435014326517602_355700751115627_1671949_64660102_n

Chelsea Legend :bow:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu May 24, 2012 11:45 am

He is not worth that money tbh...

He is worth a billion!!! :bow:
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu May 24, 2012 12:02 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:He is not worth that money tbh...

Its official: Didier Drogba is leaving True+story
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri May 25, 2012 2:02 am

fatman123 wrote:

Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Fri May 25, 2012 5:31 am

fatman123 wrote:

did u skip a heart beat when i said not worth that much? Very Happy Very Happy

iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri May 25, 2012 6:14 am

Its official: Didier Drogba is leaving 546271_318224998252326_130868503654644_753062_419270317_n

:coffee:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri May 25, 2012 7:23 am

He is not worth that money tbh...

fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri May 25, 2012 7:29 am

24 million

What a Bargin :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Fri May 25, 2012 9:33 am

fatman123 wrote:He is not worth that money tbh...

iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next