I Have Mono
The Messiah
TrezeGent
Sushi Master
juventus101
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are Juve a Top 5 Team? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are Juve a Top 5 Team?

Post by juventus101 Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:54 pm

Yet we have an excellent record this season against Milan, with two wins, and two draws. And despite all your injuries, your 2 real difference makers have always been healthy (Ibra and Nocerino), plus you have Silva, Nesta, and Mexes who are all great defenders, and you always have two healthy so when one gets injured its not as big of a deal. And what weaknesses? We have the best defensive record in the world, and one of the best midfields. We also have good depth, the only thing we really need is one or two big name players up top and we could compete with the best teams in the world in my opinion. Im not trying to get ahead of myself, but what Juve have done so far this season has been.nothing short.of spectacular and definitely something to be proud of, thoigh its still not over and you never know what can happen, but I highly doubt we fall apart again like in the last 2 seasons. So as I said I consider Milan, Juve, United, Dortmund, and Chelsea all to be on the same level, but Juve edges it, with Milan coming in 5th in my opinion with Dortmund and then the two english teams after that.

juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:17 pm

It's true that our two best players have been healthy for the majority of the season, but you can't deny that Milan has been extremely unfortunate with injuries. Missing Cassano, Boateng, Pato (even though we're used to missing him), Abate, Aquilani, Van Bommel, Seedorf at various and simultaneous moments in the season is a huge blow for our team. Anyone who says that injuries aren't an excuse is just being humble, injuries can ruin a team.

Your weaknesses mainly lie with your forward line, which is incredibly unconvincing. All of your forwards are mediocre to average imo (ADP being the exception). Your defense and midfield are impeccable though. I'm sure Juve will strengthen in the summer and will be a force to be reckoned with next season. However, until they do so and prove their worth in Europe, I can't place them on the same level as Milan. Contrary to what stunt suggested though, they certainly have more quality than the likes of Schalke, Dortmund, Arsenal (toss up), Benfica, Bilbao, Valencia and Chelsea. I'm also not entirely convinced by the Manchesters but United have been the second most dominant team behind Barca the past couple of years and despite their early CL knockout and mediocre midfield they remain a top team. City also have an incredible team on paper.

Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:41 pm

Citys incredible team on paper is not unproven like Juves. Its been tried against big european teams, Bayern in particular, and it failed miserably.

United has been a powerhouse for a long time now, but besides holding onto top spot in the EPL, theyve really been disapponting this season.

Schalke, Valencia, etc are not on Juves level, but Dortmund should not be overlooked here. Theyre on a 29 or 30 game unbeaten streak, including beating Bayern, and securing the Bundesliga title.

Milan have quite afew injuries, mostly in midfield, but theyre still a strong team and alot of teams deal with injuries. Look at Juve forthe previous two seasons for a perfect example. And in most of thr games against Juve they had pretty strong squads. Nocerino, Ibra, any two of Nesta/Silva/Mexes, etc were always healthy.

Also, I wouldnt call any of our strikers average, but none areworld class either. Vucinic, Matri, and Quagliarella are apl good strikers though, and I wouldnt mind starting 1 or even two of them as long as we get a world class striker or two beside them. Remember, Matri last season scored as many goals as Cavani if you dont count penalties, not to mention half of last season Matri was getting service from Cagliari, the other half from an off form Juve side. Look at what Quags did last season before he got injured. And after what Vucinic did to Milan in the coppa, youshould know hes not average. They just need one (two would be amazing) world class striker beside them. That one player that steps it up when all else fails. Thats what we need. But thats really our only weakness.

Now, my list of the top clubs in Europe after the obvious 3 is:

4. Juventus
5. Milan
6. Dortmund
7. United
8/9. Chelsea/Arsenal
10. City

Though I would somewhat understandif Milan were put ahead of Juve as Milan are proven inEurope, but I still thinkJuventus are better. Better head to head record, leading the league, undefeated, etc. Also, I think you could put United above Dortmund, butconsidering Dortmund just sealed the league, are on an undefeated run, and havebeen playing without their best player for half the season isincredible, and I think puts themabove United.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:42 pm

they havent faced tough opposition other than Milan this season,im just sayin

lets wait for CL
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:56 pm

Two wins and two draws against Milan, a draw and a beatdown of Napoli, two wins against Inter, etc. Granted, we havent faced Barca or Bayern or Real, but we have faced some tough competition.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:43 am

I shall judge when they play in the CL.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:04 am

juventus101 wrote:Two wins and two draws against Milan, a draw and a beatdown of Napoli, two wins against Inter, etc. Granted, we havent faced Barca or Bayern or Real, but we have faced some tough competition.
Inter tough?you serious?and Napoli were a good team for half a season.when I say tough opposition,I mean the big boys like the 4 epl teams,barca,bayern etc
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:11 am

Milan is better than anyEPL team right now,and Napoli is on the same level, as they showed against City and Chelsea in the CL. And despite Inters struggles this season, the form book goes out the window when it comesto Juve vs Inter. So yes, those are 3 tough teams, especially Milan.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:26 am

I feel they need Better Forwards to be considered one of the top five , even its better for them to go Step by Step , i wish them good CL next year but until then its too early for those kinda comparisons
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2