Mr Nick09
Lord Hades
Pedram
Ganso
Travis_RM_91
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why so much Pepe hate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why so much Pepe hate?

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:30 pm

Albiceleste wrote:People hate him because he is scum

This.. I do not like his attitude at all.

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:32 pm

Albiceleste wrote:People hate him because he is scum, like the rest of Real Madrid.

please dont even, youll just turn in into a barca/ madrid bitchfest again
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis_RM_91 Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:34 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Pepe is better than Ramos........

Why would a Real Madrid fan who actually watches Real Madrid games make such a claim?

Ramos is in every way the key element of our defense.

He organizes the defense,most importantly the highline (which Pepe sometimes ignores and costs us goals) and furthermore has been beter than Pepe inddividually this season.

Newsflash, if you ignore the highline and stay 30 ft behind the play there's going to be errors to mop up..........

Pepe rarely does any of that. If anything it's Sergio Ramos that usually defaults on our offside trap, but he's not as bad for that since moving to CB. Ramos is far more error prone than Pepe, Ramos this last month or 2 has made more errors than Pepe all season, and those errors may have cost us goals were it not for..Pepe.

I have no idea why there's so much hate on him even by Madrid fans...
Travis_RM_91
Travis_RM_91
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:35 pm

ramos hasnt been perfect though, has made a lot of errors too . our defense as a whole has been prone to random acts of carelessness thoughout the season
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:47 pm

He is making a point, Ramos and Pique have in total made 5 errors in the defence so far into the season, highest in Europe.

Ramos has a huge concentration problem, but if he is focused, he is rocksolid, possibly more than Pepe.

Re babysitter, they both have been babysittting each other this season. Ramos has been even better, none of his mistakes has cost us a goal yet, but yeah, they're stupid and highlights his lack of concentration.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigole Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:01 pm

I will give my thoughts on Pepe, Ramos, and Thiago Silva as he was brought up.

Firstly, Pepe is inconsistent and his temper can be a problem; I have never seen anything really special in him. Sometimes he can be great, and there are times when he is surely a liability. He is not the defender Madrid needs. Ramos on the other hand is better but just like Pepe he can sometimes have some really off days.

Secondly, the center back pairing of Ramos-Pepe is incredibly unbalanced as both players have the same qualities (strength, athletic, etc, but neither is the technical type). This is one of the reason why the pairing can suffer against teams that have skilled strikers. It is no surprise that many goals scored against Madrid can be faulted on these two. Some teams just walk their way through the middle.

Thirdly, neither Ramos nor Pepe is as good as Thiago Silva. The Brazilian is just impeccable and commits very few mistakes. It is true that in his last few matches he had a slight slump in form. This can easily be attributed to him playing too many games. Since he barely gets yellow carded then he is always available and given the amount of injuries Milan suffered then it comes as no surprise that he was overplayed, and now he is injured for a month. Interestingly, Thiago would be the perfect center back pairing for Ramos. Hopefully this doesn't happen lol.
Tigole
Tigole
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:05 pm

Ramos wins 4 offsides per game while Pepe wins less than 1.

You're trying to tell me he's doing his job in the highline?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:56 pm

Tigole wrote:

Secondly, the center back pairing of Ramos-Pepe is incredibly unbalanced as both players have the same qualities (strength, athletic, etc, but neither is the technical type). This is one of the reason why the pairing can suffer against teams that have skilled strikers. It is no surprise that many goals scored against Madrid can be faulted on these two. Some teams just walk their way through the middle.

You are wrong, their pairing is actually very good and fits right into what we do and the way we play. We usually set up a very highline, and you need very athletic and pacy defenders to cover any overlapping runs or through balls.

When a defense take goals, it's usually the fault of defenders, or the team in front just playing well, and that's a general reality. I dont agree with you trying to put blame on them as if they are failing us. We have handled most of the CFs we played against this season.

And teams dont walk through the middle lol.

What we can improve however is by having a more technical defender in place of Pepe like you said. Pepe makes up for his lack his vision at the back, with his speed. Also, we dont have a leader of defense and both are a little hot headed. It's a weird combination we have but it works right now.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigole Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:12 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Tigole wrote:

You are wrong, their pairing is actually very good and fits right into what we do and the way we play. We usually set up a very highline, and you need very athletic and pacy defenders to cover any overlapping runs or through balls.

When a defense take goals, it's usually the fault of defenders, or the team in front just playing well, and that's a general reality. I dont agree with you trying to put blame on them as if they are failing us. We have handled most of the CFs we played against this season.

And teams dont walk through the middle lol.

What we can improve however is by having a more technical defender in place of Pepe like you said. Pepe makes up for his lack his vision at the back, with his speed. Also, we dont have a leader of defense and both are a little hot headed. It's a weird combination we have but it works right now.

Well probably I exaggerated a bit when I said that the opposition walks their way through the middle. Regardless, I still think the pairing is unbalanced. You can clearly see it when Madrid faces talented sides. I guess the Bayern match up will clear this up.
Tigole
Tigole
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:28 pm

We have faced talented forwards and we have done pretty good. A player under-performing in defense will always look vulnerable, but we have not struggled from their association at all. If anything, since they were paired up, we have done excellent, pushing the D line, and playing faster. If we have a weakness it's the midfield, not the central defense.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:45 pm

Tigole wrote:
I will give my thoughts on Pepe, Ramos, and Thiago Silva as he was brought up.

Firstly, Pepe is inconsistent and his temper can be a problem; I have never seen anything really special in him. Sometimes he can be great, and there are times when he is surely a liability. He is not the defender Madrid needs. Ramos on the other hand is better but just like Pepe he can sometimes have some really off days.

Thirdly, neither Ramos nor Pepe is as good as Thiago Silva. The Brazilian is just impeccable and commits very few mistakes. It is true that in his last few matches he had a slight slump in form. This can easily be attributed to him playing too many games. Since he barely gets yellow carded then he is always available and given the amount of injuries Milan suffered then it comes as no surprise that he was overplayed, and now he is injured for a month. Interestingly, Thiago would be the perfect center back pairing for Ramos. Hopefully this doesn't happen lol.
Ramos not technical?..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:11 pm

He isnt talking about ball skills, but defenders technique: anticipation, tackling, reading the play off the ball etc...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:14 pm

I rate Ramos highly in anticipation and reading the play.

Where he lacks severely is positioning and being passive on crosses.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2