CBarca
Ganso
The Franchise
billy_gr
Albiceleste
46 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

[Champions League] Barcelona vs AC Milan - Page 2 Empty Re: [Champions League] Barcelona vs AC Milan

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:51 pm

Barca should win this no problem. Too many injuries for Milan. Ibra can't do it alone and their midfield is just not good enought to compete with xaviesta.

Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

[Champions League] Barcelona vs AC Milan - Page 2 Empty Re: [Champions League] Barcelona vs AC Milan

Post by kabarca Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:54 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:Barca should win this no problem. Too many injuries for Milan. Ibra can't do it alone and their midfield is just not good enought to compete with xaviesta.

Its still AC Milan in the Champions League,no matter who is playing they will cause you trouble
kabarca
kabarca
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:55 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Please no Cesc Fabregas.

Or you could hope he will have another memorable San Siro night like back in 2007-08 Smile
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:01 pm

Nice for us that Thiago Silva will miss both matches, this can be very important.

At San Siro we should play:

VV
Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Puyol
Xavi - Busquets - Iniesta
Pedro/Alexis - Messi - Cuenca

Cuenca to give width, against a Milan that plays very narrow, and Pedro or Alexs to do runs. I think that Pedro is in a better shape than Alexis right now and should start, but they are more or less even now, so both are fine. However, it's very likely that we might see a 343 with Alves on a wing considering we played a 343 and that Guardiola will not want to leave Cesc on the bench. If Cesc is not benched, he should play for Xavi or Iniesta, but not a 343.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:32 pm

Cesc will start and Iniesta will play again as LW Sad I'm sure of it.

There is no chance for Pedro to start, I would say that even Keita has more chance of starting than him. He isn't performing well lately, enough with excuses, yesterday he had another meh performance.

I'm 90% sure this team would start: VV- Alves - Masche - Pique - Puyol - Xavi - Busquets - Cesc - Alexis - Messi - Iniesta.

Hopefully Pep won't put Keita in starting XI :lol!:

Last edited by matpol on Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:24 pm

matpol wrote:Cesc will start and Iniesta will play again as LW Sad I'm sure of it.

There is no chance for Pedro to start, I would say that even Keita has more chance of starting than him. He isn't performing well lately, enough with excuses, yesterday he had another meh performance.

I'm 90% sure this team would start: VV- Alves - Masche - Pique - Puyol - Xavi - Busquets - Cesc - Alexis - Messi - Cesc.

Unless we've perfected cloning, Cesc isn't going to be on the field twice. Wink I assume one of them is the Ilusionista?
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:49 am

matpol wrote:Cesc will start and Iniesta will play again as LW Sad I'm sure of it.

I'm 90% sure this team would start: VV- Alves - Masche - Pique - Puyol - Xavi - Busquets - Cesc - Alexis - Messi - Iniesta.

It's ok bro, we know you hate Pedro. But he has been better than Alexis in the last weeks, he should start. If Alexis could drible one of the grandpa fullbacks Milan have, he could also play over Cuenca.

Anyway, it's pretty close, both can do a good job.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:41 am

Valdes
Alves - Mascherano - Pique - Puyol
Busquets
Xavi - Iniesta
Alexis - Messi - Pedro

I think Pedro is capable of 'stretching' their defence as said and we need him to find some form now..

Slightly unrelated... How good is Montoya at leftback? I really don't like Puyol there and I have a feeling Montoya or Muniesa would be better. And now we look silly for selling Maxwell...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:45 am

Dude com'on!!! I know you like Pedro, but saying he has been better than Alexis lately just shows your biased towards non-masia players. I mean i am the one who supports you about Pedro saying he just did not score, otherwise he is having good couple of games, but Alexis was injured and did not play that much lately di he? How do you say better when Alexis did not play? And even when he came on from injury he looked more confident than Pedro.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:06 am

Precisely, Alexis has been injured, and he hasn't been that great since he come back. Maybe I missed all this awesome stuff that he did in his last 3 games to be considered so much in form than Pedro.

Anyway, both are ok, maybe the best would be to play them both, Pedro stretching and dribling on the left, Alexis making runs on the right, although we could benefit from a player that can drible more like Cuenca. He can come in later.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:10 am

I would play both of them, and I don't like how we're making this a 'war' between Pedro and Sanchez. Pedro's been improving and had a few decent games recently. I think it was Sevilla he was pretty good against. Alexis was injured and wasn't too good when he came back, but he was impressive against Mallorca, one of our better players. Pedro wasn't great.

I still believe both these players possess good dribbling abilities, and Alexis will show it more and more. Writing him off as a 'bad dribbler' is just as bad as ignoring Pedro's goalscoring record. Both have lacked it this season, but both have it in them. We need both players to improve and be in form later, because we can't depend on Villa.

I like Cuenca, but I also agree he's the 'Catalan Hleb'. I'd prefer the other two, particularly if they're in form.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:25 pm

ello/cuenca
VV-Alves-Masche-Pique-Montoya-Xavi-busquets- iniesta-pedro-messi-tello/cuenca ...I included tello there because his speed that would cause all sorts of problems to milan as Abate is injured.I havent been too impressed by Alexis this season although he was one of my favourite players in seria a last season.His dribbling has dropped too much and he isnt as agile as he used to be. I Dont know if montoya will preform well on the left but i cant find another good option and that may be one of the reasons guardiola could go for a 3-4-3
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:27 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:I would play both of them, and I don't like how we're making this a 'war' between Pedro and Sanchez. Pedro's been improving and had a few decent games recently. I think it was Sevilla he was pretty good against. Alexis was injured and wasn't too good when he came back, but he was impressive against Mallorca, one of our better players. Pedro wasn't great.

I still believe both these players possess good dribbling abilities, and Alexis will show it more and more. Writing him off as a 'bad dribbler' is just as bad as ignoring Pedro's goalscoring record. Both have lacked it this season, but both have it in them. We need both players to improve and be in form later, because we can't depend on Villa.

I like Cuenca, but I also agree he's the 'Catalan Hleb'. I'd prefer the other two, particularly if they're in form.

How is he the Catalan Hleb?

Anyway, we should just start with the both of them alongside Messi against Milan. I really don't see any reason not to do so. Cuenca and Tello can be brought on for either of them around the 60/70th minute to really put that Milan defense on edge. I'm still looking forward to that moment when Messi, Alexis and Pedro are all on top form. Should be epic.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:22 pm

I would prefer Cuenca over one of Pedro/Alexis.

He gets very wide, giving us the ability to stretch Milan one side to the other. Thats something you want to do against them, they want defend centrally.

When Cuenca is wide, he will get the chance to go 1 v 1 and I fancy him to get to the by line, put in a low cross and Xavi be on the end of it.

Xavi has more goals than Pedro, Alexis or Cesc in the leauge I believe. A reason is he ghosts into the box very well and can get on the end of lateral passes.

So yeah, Cuenca to start with Alexis for me.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:26 am

Milan are an aging side. Their back will be weak with Silva out and their fullbacks aren't particularly quick or good defensively either so if we have Sanchez or/and Tello attacking them, we will be creating alot of trouble for them. Their attack is my only worry because our defense lately hasn't been great with the lapses of concentration from Pique and Puyol probably shifting to the left. We will be struggling their but as last time, Milan don['t keep the ball when they have it so pressure them to make them lose it then the Barca Show will continue. Would like to see Cesc, Thaigo and Pedro/Tello come on at some point (hopefully early) and see some magic from them. Someone mentioned about how Montoya could be switched to the left hand side which will be great as O have doubts over whether Puyol will be sufficent on that left hand side though last time Montoya played there was because Abidal, Adriano, Maxwell and Puyol were out with injury. Same concern again though Puyol is fit and Im sure Pep will indeed choose him ahead of Montoya. 3-1 Im guessing as their defense will crumble to pieces!
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:32 pm

Do you really believe that Pep will bench Cesc and play one of Tello/Cuenca? I don't.

It will be Xavi - Busq - Cesc with Sanchez - Messi - Iniesta in the attack. Don will play as a winger again Mad

Our match squad: Valdés, Pinto, Alves, Piqué, Fàbregas, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Sanchez, Messi, Thiago, Mascherano, Keita, Busquets, Pedro, Afellay, Cuenca, Muniesa, Montoya, Oier, Tello.

3 players will watch the game from the stands, I think those 3 will be: Oier, Afellay and Muniesa.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamdyman Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:25 pm

matpol wrote:Do you really believe that Pep will bench Cesc and play one of Tello/Cuenca? I don't.

Seems more realistic to keep Cesc as a starter in Milan, Tello second half super sub event. Cuenca maybe benched tomorrow.

the defense is what i would like to know personally.... left back ? 2cbs(who)? will he go berserk with 3 at the back at any phase of the match ?
Hamdyman
Hamdyman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:08 pm

matpol wrote:

I too think this will be the starting lineup.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Spooony Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:36 pm

Do not see Pep have to change anything unless forced through injury. The first meeting with Milan was when the players still got use to the new formation. They have a weakness on the left hand side which Alves can exploit as usual. But I want to see if Milan is going to be stupid enough to get someone to track Messi. Last time they did not track Xavi and he made them pay. Tracking Messi I see a 5 - 0 drubbing coming on
Spooony
Spooony
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:38 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
matpol wrote:

I too think this will be the starting lineup.

It's likely, although he could also go back to giving Cesc the (false) 9 role again. I might actually prefer that, as Iniesta is obviously better as a midfielder and Cesc will probably grind out a decent performance. I don't think he'll be much better as a midfielder anyway, not based on what we've seen thus far.

Predicting Pep's line-ups used to be so much easier. :p
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:05 pm

For anyone interested in a little preview:
http://tenmillionslaves.com/barcelonamilanpreview/

It contains a video compilation of AC Milan exposing barca's lack of width in the group stage match at the San Siro back in November.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:40 pm

I predict Messi dropping back to midfield to rip open Milan's defence, like the second half last time. Stay with him and you'll create a gap, let him go and he'll come running towards you while you cant do anything.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:03 pm

Yep.

We need to expose the lack of MVB, Thiago Silva and maybe Nesta.

Messi dropping deep will cause their 3 replacements all kinds of problems, not just in terms of play, but communicating and understanding. Guys who play together all the time have enough trouble with that, guys who dont play often....
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:13 am

You guys definitely have a HUGE advantage tomorrow, we don't have our Silva - Nesta partnership and no MvB and Messi will definitely take advantage of that.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:09 am

Robinho and Nesta will be coming back from injury. Taking the advantage of the slow defense and midfield is the key and we will be sure to find our chances through the fullbacks as Im sure Sanchez and later on Tello wil definately will pass them and create danger for Abbatti
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:47 am

_LMG_10_ wrote:For anyone interested in a little preview:
http://tenmillionslaves.com/barcelonamilanpreview/

It contains a video compilation of AC Milan exposing barca's lack of width in the group stage match at the San Siro back in November.

Good video, that shows once mor that 343 is garbage.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next