CBarca
Ganso
The Franchise
billy_gr
Albiceleste
46 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

[Champions League] Barcelona vs AC Milan - Page 10 Empty Re: [Champions League] Barcelona vs AC Milan

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:01 pm

Henry's was the most clear cut of them all...(other than Pique).

The problem with showing pictures like that is refs don't get still-framed images and get to freeze time while they're watching a game do they. Ffs be logical, in the play it looked like the ball was coming at Eto'o and he turned to protect himself and it struck him under the arm. Half-chance, it is not clear. It could be just said that it was going to hit his body anyway and he did not purposefully obstruct play.

I'm out though. You can have your reply, but lets keep this thread on topic. We don't want to go into this.

BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

[Champions League] Barcelona vs AC Milan - Page 10 Empty Re: [Champions League] Barcelona vs AC Milan

Post by II Capitano Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:57 pm

I think Guardiola needs to ditch the 3-4-3, the players at the back aren't really suited to this formation. Busquets is a crucial piece in Barcelona's midfield, but with his interchanging between centre-back and defensive midfield leaves his play compromised. He's is reluctant to attack when Barcelona have the ball and I mostly see him picking a position in the back three, which essentially leaves confusion in the backline. Other problem is Puyol at left-back. He looks uncomfortable and has the tendency of moving to a much more central role. So, with Busquets transitioning into some sort of defender, Pique already in as a centre-back, you get more confusion.

The main benefit of this formation is that there are more midfielders, which theoretically means an increase in control and possession. However, we've seen Barcelona dominate games without this obviously, and I don't see the reason Guardiola persists in playing with the 3-4-3. There are more disadvantages than advantages, the main one, in my opinion, being the insecurity at the back. You have Alves and Adriano, two of the best full backs at adding width, use them and the defence doesn't have to be compromised. Plan A has worked for the large part of Guardiola's reign at Barcelona; he needs to stop with Plan B for now, anyway.

As for the second penalty, of course it was a penalty. The reason some are perplexed is because they're rarely given, but evidently there have been more awarded this season, referees are taken notice, which is great to see. Now come the conspiracy stories and whatnot, which are futile and puerile, to be honest. Remember, in the first leg, AC Milan were very lucky not to concede a penalty, one of which was similar to the one awarded in this very fixture (the second decision). Like I said to Roga, Milan weren't going to escape not conceding a penalty this time, they didn't learn from the first leg. The referee, in essence, had an excellent game. Fans should be debating why Ambrosini was still on the field. I still don't get why referees don't book players early on, it's annoying really, and it's even more annoying when the answer is that it ruins a spectacle.

Anyone who watched both legs will know that Barcelona were not favoured. The conspiracy stories come out because for some, it's the first time they've watched Barcelona since watching the El Clasico semi finals in the Champions League last season, or something similar, if you get me. I hope they remember the well-timed Sneijder tackle on Alves in the box, in the first leg of the semi final in 09/10, which wasn't awarded. Or, Milito's offside goal?

If anything, I can't stand Barcelona's players running to try and influence the referee. Once again, when they were awarded the first penalty, Puyol was demanding that Antonini should be sent off, that's what it seemed like. It's a recurring theme, and the players should have some self-respect and respect the referee's decision. He's already under an excessive amount of pressure from the fans. I don't mean it in a nasty way, I'm not like that, but it would make fans respect Barcelona even more.

Finally, I loved Guardiola's comments after the game. He's held his ground for so long, Ibrahimovic has been biting for a while now, so this was very much deserved. Ibrahimovic is a big fish in a small pond, a brilliant league player, who can change the complexion of a game within a matter of minutes, he's that good. However, his record in big games is abysmal, for a player of his quality. At least he wasn't anonymous, but he's the victim of his own ego. Prior to joining Barcelona, teams were built around him, he was the primary focus, but at Barcelona he had to stand at second best, behind Messi. Iniesta takes one touch, passes the ball to Busquets, who at first attempt, knocks the ball to Messi, who passes it to Ibrahimovic, who is trying to figure out what trick to use to get past opponent. You have much more respect for Villa, when you look at it that way.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:03 pm

The back 3 was a great idea though...Milan play with 2 forwards, why would you want to leave 2 v 2 at the back with fullbacks high up the pitch (as they are pressing) and therefore not in the position to provide cover?

If Ibra goes past Pique, which he did, then nobody is there to cover.

And Busquets didnt go into the back yesturday.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:51 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:
Hete BLKSM wrote:For me, all the butthurt caused by jealousy is really cringeworthy. The only game we arguably got really lucky with the ref was the game against Chelsea. But then we also had that second leg against Inter which cost us the opportunity to go through to the finals due to bad reffereeing.

My fellow Dutchman on the field did a decent job. You could argue that he should've shown the red card to Mascherano, but he also spared Ambrosini numerous times so he did it on both sides.

We argued the Chelsea game to death 2 years ago... Don't really want to get into it, but read what I said before. Watch the 2 legs, and tell me Barca weren't the better team and that the reffing was really that one-sided. We should have had the lead going to Stamford Bridge already. All the penalty calls of theirs were 'half-chances' and Abidal was sent off ridiculously. Reffing wasn't good, but Barca didn't go through because of the reffing like all the sore-asses say.

Yeah, my bad that I brought up that Chelsea discussion, it wasn't my intention really. I just felt I needed to mention it in the context of my message. I think it should be dropped now, as it's really old news and also offtopic. In the end what I tried to say is this: we have had some luck with referee decisions and we've also suffered due to bad calls.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:26 pm

free_cat wrote:
we are the first team to reach Cl semifinals 5 times in a row! (since madrid of the fifties if u include EC.). this is worth celebrating, shows consisrency and real quality!

Yes that is immense.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:44 pm

Could I also mention how great sportman our players were. Before the game in the tunnels, Messi, Xavi, Pique, Puyol and Alves all shook and even hugged Ibra even though Ibra threw insults at them in his autobiography.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:47 pm

Did Ibra insult Pique, Puyol and co.? How so?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:51 pm

free_cat wrote:Did Ibra insult Pique, Puyol and co.? How so?

Ibra has not done that and has only had words of conflict against Pep. I think Paxton may be severely misinformed. Ibra is regularly in contact with this group as stated before the first match of the GS this year.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:53 pm

paxtonpale wrote:Could I also mention how great sportman our players were. Before the game in the tunnels, Messi, Xavi, Pique, Puyol and Alves all shook and even hugged Ibra even though Ibra threw insults at them in his autobiography.
Abidal, too. He came in his gangsta clothes.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:55 pm

Naah, Ibra said Xavi, Iniesta and Messi were like schoolboys. They were quiet and never voiced their opinion. That's pretty much it. The rest of his rant was directed towards 'El Filósofo' Guardiola.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:07 pm

free_cat wrote:Did Ibra insult Pique, Puyol and co.? How so?
The worse he did was call them "schoolboys" who follow Pep's instructions to the letter
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:30 pm

Jose Mourinho wrote:"It will be a great semi-final, Bayern against Real Madrid, and the best team will go on to play against Barca."

Mourinho then walked away from his interviewer, who quickly followed up by asking the Portuguese why he was so certain that Barcelona would be in the final.

"Because they are very good." the Blancos boss added, before abruptly ending the interview.

This guy oozes class. :facepalm:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:04 am

LOL what's wrong with what he said. does any of you really think Chelsea have a chance to go through ?
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:13 am

What's wrong is he is making a sly dig at Uefa and Barcelona for the umpteenth time by saying its a certainty they'll be in the final. He responds "because they are very good" then leaves the conference. Clearly just means hes referring to this favouritism that's in his head. He'll probably go into the final saying, "we won't win" because of this myth in his head. His strategy is to pressure the refs into being hard on Barca so as not to look they're being unfair. It worked for him before...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:16 am

Kizz that's interpretive of you.

A simpler explanation would be he's giving Barca a compliment.Anyway,I don't think there's much Jose can say without some sort of backlash considering the circumstances.Seems like he can't avoid the press without backlash either so whatever.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:21 am

"Because they are very good". what do you expect him to say really.

Like it or not he's saying the truth, he sees no chance for Chelsea to go through because Barca is just too good atm.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:24 am

Le Samourai wrote:

A simpler explanation would be he's giving Barca a compliment.Anyway,I don't think there's much Jose can say without some sort of backlash considering the circumstances.Seems like he can't avoid the press without backlash either so whatever.

Kinda walked himself into that one though didn't he?

In fact, that seems like his plan anyway.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:44 am

Le Samourai wrote:

Lol forgive me, the possibility of this didnt even cross my mind. I do think he believes this partly because barca is a great team, but considering Mou I'm sure there is some part of him which thinks no matter how barca play they'll make it. He loves to try to beat it up as if it's him and his team against the world.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:28 am

Pedram wrote:LOL what's wrong with what he said. does any of you really think Chelsea have a chance to go through ?

They have a chance, yes. Barca has its weaknesses.

But if they play like today against Benfica, no way in hell. Benfica was outpossessing Chelsea and dominating most of the game and had a chance to win it at the end.

If they play like they did in the 2nd leg against Napoli, they have a chance.

The quality gap is pretty big though. I was more scared of Milan than I am of chelsea.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:26 am

Luiz was trying to be too tricky at the back and well if that happens against us than Messi will take over the defense. Chelsea's attack hasn't been too flash either with miss opportunities.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:23 am

LOL

The amount of niavity it takes to believe Mou was complimenting us.

He can say what he likes, we know he trying to influence the officals because its the only way to level the playing field...because 1 v 1, we know what happens when he play them.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:25 am

David Luiz...very inconsistent. Sometimes he plays like the best CB in the world and sometimes he plays like an amateur. He definitely has plenty of potential, but he loses concentration too easily while defending, or sometimes as paxtonpale says, tries too much.

Anyway, not saying Chelsea were awful against Benfica but Milan were a better side so I don't see any reason why Barcelona shouldn't get passed them. But let's not forget Chelsea have a lot of good players whom on a good day can cause plenty of headache for any team. Especially on counters and set-pieces.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:12 pm

A bit late but a few comments.
I really think we should have won by 5 goals or so.Finishing was woeful especially from Messi and that made the game closer than it was.
On the players,Pique failed to control Ibra.Masch messed up on the goal but was otherwise good.
I was impressed with Fab in the first half when he played upfront.
Didnt impress in midfield after Xavi's departure as he failed to control the midfield.Very impressive game from Cuenca.Kid has got real talent on the ball.Some very neat touches and dribbles.If he can add goals to his game he can be a very good player.
Messi was surprisingly poor in front of goal.
Special mention for Sergio Busquets who I had mentioned before is the smartest player in the game by far and he proved it again vs Milan.
He made Nesta,the best CB I have ever seen(also one of the most intelligent) look like a complete and utter fool.
Absolute legend.
Busquets>Nesta :bow:

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:25 pm

Pedram wrote:"Because they are very good". what do you expect him to say really.

Like it or not he's saying the truth, he sees no chance for Chelsea to go through because Barca is just too good atm.

I haven't seen the pressconference, but I have heard that he said that in a weird tone.

And if he didn't, its not the first time that some belives that a compliment from a coach is actually a criticism, like when Guardiola praised the linesman at the Copa Del Rey and mou and the friends of florentino did their work to say that guardiola was criticising the ref..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:32 pm

danyjr wrote:If you think this is not a handball, the differences between how we perceive things are too fundamental to allow continuing this argument.

[Champions League] Barcelona vs AC Milan - Page 10 0%2Bbarcelona%2Bchelsea%2Bballack%2Beto

[Champions League] Barcelona vs AC Milan - Page 10 Di-8WOK

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:39 pm

I hope this ends argument about Cesc at Barca, he was very good in this game, as in many other games. /Sometimes he underperforms and not suitable in other games, but this applies to others as well, just like Sanchez or even Keita Razz

Messi was awesome and could have had a hattrick. We were maybe lucky in that the ref decided on the pen in the first one when some might not have given it, the secnd was clear, although Puyol tried to block Nesta.

I thought Milan were more attacking in this game and we more exposed defensively as a result. Ibra did well, Robinho and him did well for their goal, but apart from that we were just better,

MAybe a bit worried but I was calm we would go through all the time Very Happy

WOOO HOOOO~!! Chelsea next, everyone syaingf they dont have a chance, which is true, but we need to not underestimate them as should be always the case.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next