Milan31
Spooony
Dante
Ganso
Potential
38 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

AC Milan vs FC Barcelona; first leg official thread - Page 3 Empty Re: AC Milan vs FC Barcelona; first leg official thread

Post by Potential Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:25 am

BarcaKizz wrote:You played us better when you defended and relied on luck in the Camp Nou. As I predicted, when you opened up at home we beat you. I dunno, I can't see Milan going for it. They may take a gamble early, then shut up shop though...

I wouldn't call it luck at Camp Nou, but yes we did play very well in the Camp Nou. However I can't see Milan parking the bus with this defense, especially at home. We need to either go all our attack or all out defense, in which I believe the latter is ideal considering our current injuries.

Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

AC Milan vs FC Barcelona; first leg official thread - Page 3 Empty Re: AC Milan vs FC Barcelona; first leg official thread

Post by dostoevsky Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:28 am

We doubtless have to attack Barcelona, in my eyes immediately from the kick-off, however it isn't possible to attack Barcelona for 90 continuous minutes. The energy to press high, the concentration and discipline of the entire team and the quality of the defence required simply isn't in our team in this weakened state for up to an hour, let alone 90 minutes, and even then doing so would dramatically weaken us for the remainder of the match.

We can't simply defend for 90 minutes and hope for a 0-0 as we frankly won't keep a clean sheet unless Barcelona miss all of their chances. We need to be clinical during the periods in which we do attack Barcelona, however the attention we pay to the defensive phase of our plan will be the bedrock of our chances. This would be true of a fit Milan, let alone the team we will field. We will need to field a team flexible and technical enough to take the fight to Barcelona under pressure, however first and foremost, we have to keep our defence as watertight as possible and we're not a team to defend from the front.

I'll add more in a later post, that's all I wanted to say for now.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:53 am

I personally harbor little to hope about this tie. Not because our sqaud and Max aren't capable, but because our squad has been hammered down to the false depth which in actuality will not be able to overcome Barca. I have measured every possibility and it doesn't add up for us to actually withhold them and go through. I just do not see it happening. We can say all that Gallini-esque BS about We are Milan and have pedigree but that doesn't work here.

In the end, against Barca, you need one sole gameplan and one that has to be followed through all the way with pure conviction. A defensive performance against them will only decrease our already low chances of going through. I'm not saying we attack like the Polish Cavalry, but I say we attack near relentlessly with intelligent forms of pressure and pressing. Through that, we can overcome their midfield within the rare chances we receive and hopefully take advantage of their defense which admittedly is their weak spot given the average defensive tactics the possess in the back. Mascherano is their best CB while Pique is out of form and I forsee Puyol in LB.

My lineup:

Zambrotta-Bonera(Nesta?)-Mexes-Antonini

Aquilani-Ambrosini-Seedorf

Prince
Ibra-SES

I cannot predict whether or not Nesta will return or not but the only hope is he has been on the bench for the past 2 games. If Bonera is CB than we can only laugh (or cry) at how Sanchez and Messi will turn him inside out into panchetta. Mexes.... if disciplined is world class while Antonini, who I personally feel is underrated, actually tends to perform in big games as when his frail nerves as controlled, he has subdued many men from his flank. Want proof?

Even if Nesta does play, I would rather have Zambrotta at RB anyday that Bonera. Zambro just has been a bit rusty through his infrequent starts yet he turns up in big games as he did against Barca last time as was crucial to some defensive saves. He may not have the legs to flank up down like he used to or to defend. But his sheer Futbol IQ is enough to make up for it.

Midfield? Nocerino to me is just a confused midfielder who cannot decide what his role is. Against Barca he will be chasing shadows and won't provide anything but "energy" and I don't see the need to line-up him up.

Which is why Seedorf and Aquilani should line-up as they both have impressive chemistry and their calm and intelligence under pressure for passing can provide some combat to Barca's fluid midfield. Seedorf if fit and on form, will be vital while Aquilani, who is defensively awful, has shown he can cope against the best when calm. Ambrosini is slow as hell but does have some impressive intelligence in positioning along with his heart-on-sleeve tendencies. He will have to play the match of his life.

Prince is obvious as there is no need for Urby who will be out of his depth.

SES and Ibra may not have the best partnership but SES does tend to show up in big games while Ibra is Ibra and we cannot doubt anything.

In the end, if we are knocked out, it should not reflect on our team as there is only so much you can do with such an injury ravaged squad.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:39 pm

I can see our backline looking like this honestly.
Backline : Antonini - Nesta - Mexes - Mesbah
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:01 pm

This is not a test of quality for Milan, as we have scars of long-term injured players like Pato and Gattuso, and also bleeding as a result of recent blows i.e. Thiago and the rest.

This is a test of character. We have to hold on, we have to show grit, conviction and commitment, and for god's sake, some efficiency.

My idea is to, let me be honest, park the friggin' bus in its absolute meaning, the longest bus ever parked against mighty Barca.

Make no mistake guys, Ibra aside, Boateng and Robinho are too rusty to be relied upon 100% and Pharaoh is well, as inexperienced as it may come.

We have to field our most defensive, most experienced line-up and hope for an impossible clean-sheet. I know that guy Messi in their squad, I know Iniesta and I also am familiar with Dani Alves, but it's the only way we can keep cruising toward that little shimmering light at the end of the tunnel.

Abbiati, Nesta, Mexes, Bonera and Zambrotta is my favorite back-line, having in mind their magnificent resume and experience.

Ambrosini, Nocerino and Seedorf in midfield.

Boateng, Ibra and Maxi in attack.

We need Boateng and Ibra to do all the offensive duties by themselves, with some help from Seedorf and Nocerino's marauding runs.

As for Maxi, since I want an out-and-out CF ahead of Ibra in Barca's area, I had only Maxi to name, as Inzaghi isn't on our CL list.

Seedorf can hold the ball like no other midfielder in the world and this is the only way we can break their insane rhythm, while Nocerino and Ambrosini must run till they collapse on the floor to limit their total Voetball.

I want Bonera and Zambrotta because they are excellent defensively and despite being 31 and 35 respectively, they can last the whole 90 minutes if there's no roaming run on their plans.

Let's learn from recent history, when we parked the bus, we got a 2-2.
When we went gung-ho, we lost it.

It's the worst way, but hey, it's the only way.

We don't have Pato, Thiago, Van Bommel, Abate, Gattuso and Inzaghi...
If there's any sense left in us, we'd know only a memorable Footballing miracle has the ability to take us to the semis.

Like always and in spite of all the crap we are in, though, I'm not pessimistic.

May Captain's metaphysical force inspire us and haunt them when it matters...

Let's lock and load.
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:12 pm

This is one of the threads with good ideas in it , very nice read so far .

I especially agree with Dostoevsky's ideas on Ambrosini . The main reason Ambrosini have stayed so many years on top and has played so many important games for Milan , is because he tends to show his best self in the biggest games of the season. He's always been desicive on Champions League nights and i can't expect anything less from Milan's captain .

Now , as for what plan we should follow. I've read about parkin the bus , about going all gung-ho , playin agressive or running all day long.. I am still not sure about what's best for us to do Laughing
I really can't see it.
So , why don't just field the best and most fresh combination of players and play the game we play best all season? Why park the bus ? Or go all out attack and risk everything right away ?
Barcelona very rarely change their game and neither should we :coffee: Anything different in tactics like Leonardo did some years back on CL nights and we are going to cry from the first half .

In my opinion , the best thing we can do is do what we did in the previous games , same game though having learned any lessons there was to learn from mistakes made. Let's not overthink this much , we ve seen them against us twice this season , we know their few weaknesses and our mistakes . I am not expecting much after all these injuries , but we must deal with it in the best way we can .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:17 pm

Dante13 wrote:This is one of the threads with good ideas in it , very nice read so far .

I especially agree with Dostoevsky's ideas on Ambrosini . The main reason Ambrosini have stayed so many years on top and has played so many important games for Milan , is because he tends to show his best self in the biggest games of the season. He's always been desicive on Champions League nights and i can't expect anything less from Milan's captain .

Now , as for what plan we should follow. I've read about parkin the bus , about going all gung-ho , playin agressive or running all day long.. I am still not sure about what's best for us to do Laughing
I really can't see it.
So , why don't just field the best and most fresh combination of players and play the game we play best all season? Why park the bus ? Or go all out attack and risk everything right away ?
Barcelona very rarely change their game and neither should we :coffee: Anything different in tactics like Leonardo did some years back on CL nights and we are going to cry from the first half .

In my opinion , the best thing we can do is do what we did in the previous games , same game though having learned any lessons there was to learn from mistakes made. Let's not overthink this much , we ve seen them against us twice this season , we know their few weaknesses and our mistakes . I am not expecting much after all these injuries , but we must deal with it in the best way we can .
yes,lets attack while being disciplined in defense. It will be great if we play like we did in the san siro last time.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:37 pm

Ganso wrote:
Dante13 wrote:This is one of the threads with good ideas in it , very nice read so far .

I really can't see it.

yes,lets attack while being disciplined in defense. It will be great if we play like we did in the san siro last time.

Yes , that game was really impressive . Though , even though we were indeed for a replay , it won' t be the same this time. We miss Silva ,Abate and Van Bommel .

I think Wenger has said before that , changing one player won't make any difference in tactics. Change 2-3 and it's a whole different game . Something like that anyway Laughing

What i want to point out is that , even if Max thinks the same , it will be different from last time. We can't play the same game twice , but we can keep the base of it. Play it safe , make shots at goal and keep a high level of timing in defence.

Sounds pretty goat to try , though i am really curious . I am not sure what Allegri will try and it scares me a bit. In other words ,

Anything but Mesbah , it will just work Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:25 pm

Absolutely no mesbah...that guy has such a low defensive iq.boner rb antonini LB for me
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:17 pm

You see Dante, I think parking the bus is a solution, because we've already held Barca using it.

But what you guys say is far too simplistic and idealistic - staying organized in defense and doing well in attack isn't what we should do against Barca, it's what we should do all season.

Fielding the best set of players based on fitness, freshness and mental readiness is really great, but not against Messi. Against this little God you must be more than fit and fresh, you must be up to the job.

I bet a Nesta with appalling condition can do better than a match-fit Yepes, you know, it's the gift we're talking about.

In my opinion, our biggest worry is Van Bommel's absence, as he's become such an orchestrator and literally a shield in front of the defense. He organized us in the best possible way and whenever it was Nesilva's turn, they did their best.

But hell, Ambro can be more industrious and his love for the shirt could make up for absence of VB's intelligent approach. They are more or less as no-nonsense though, I give Ambro that.

I reiterate, we should park the bus, and hope for an Ibra night, even a Boateng night - in other words, a miracle.

IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:52 pm

we need a cambiasso performance from ambrosin/MVB.also,look at how etoo and sneijder are always on his ass,we need binho and boateng to do the same

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:04 pm

baresi wrote:
Se7en wrote:Thank Jose for forcing Barsa into the competing in La Liga again :bow:

Now they won't rest any players against Milan so Mehssi will be meh like usual :bow:
Best plan ever, thank you Mourinho. Thumbs up

We havent and were never going to rest players regardless of what Madrid did.

10 points behind, players were not going to be rested...same as 6 points.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:53 am

it sucks that silva is out for month in such crucial moment. dont know what the heck allegri was thinking. playing him at coppa was unnecessary risk... and silva had to play full 120 mins. actually silva should have been rested so he could play just about 60 mins against roma, to save him for barca game.

silva abate van bommel out... they are pretty much the defense insurance policy for us..... and they arent playing ... T.T

its a fools hope but im just hoping our players have more mental strength for this game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:19 am

Parking the bus against Barca? Are you serious? Everyone who closely watchs Barca knows you DO NOT park the bus against them considering 98% of the time they overcome you in this tactic.

We didn't park the bus at Camp Nou as there is a difference between the latter and playing defensively on the line.

Against Barca, you consistently press and pressure them into losing the ball while closing up gaps. Don't believe me? See Valencia every year against Pep's Barca or Madrid recently.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:51 am

Arq is right.

But it requires everyone of your players constantly working, and it's very intensive. Both Valencia and Madrid usually after 60 minutes tire out, so it's important you score early and then focus on keeping the lead in the last minutes.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:22 am

With no Abate and Silva its going to be a bitch keeping a clean sheet. Ill get so depressed if we loose this game Mad
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:36 am

Arquitecto wrote:Parking the bus against Barca? Are you serious? Everyone who closely watchs Barca knows you DO NOT park the bus against them considering 98% of the time they overcome you in this tactic.

We didn't park the bus at Camp Nou as there is a difference between the latter and playing defensively on the line.

Against Barca, you consistently press and pressure them into losing the ball while closing up gaps. Don't believe me? See Valencia every year against Pep's Barca or Madrid recently.
Bad news is we don't have much specialty in "pressing & pressurizing", but we do know how to park the bus.

Indeed, a Cameroonian club can park the bus against Barca and get torn to smithereens, but we are Milan, we can do it excellently like Inter did.

We can play with names Arquitecto, but the nature of what we did in our heroic 2-2 was parking the bus, no question.

if Abate hadn't let go of Messi there, I'm sure we could've won it somehow.

Offensively, we're simply incomparable.

Defensively, we are a little comparable, but our pressing isn't as merciless as that of Barca's, so we can rely on our better height and better tactical awareness.

So, the antidote remains blocking every hole and hope for a 100% shots on target/shots ratio.

Only counterattack can open Valdes' net, otherwise, we're sooooooooo unlikely to get something like Pato's goal or any other thing from open play through intelligent, high-tempo passing.

I believe with true concentration and composure we can get something.
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:54 am

Great posts Iras.

I have to say, while I am more inclined to agree with Dostoevsky and neither park the bus nor attack for the whole 90 minutes, you raised a great point.

However:

Parking the bus against Barca worked in the first leg because of two reasons.

1, We had the luck of the devil.

2. We had our best defence.

Parking the bus with Bonera-Nesta-Mexes-Antonini is, at best, an automatic loss.

Now we might have made up for this if our midfield was a full fitness but no. We have no Van Bommel and Ambrosini is coming off an exhausting game with Roma.

Conclusion: Parking the bus is NOT what we need.

Having said that, playing an open game with Barca is also suicide.

The solution? Copy paste Dostoevsky's posts, send them to Allegri, and hope he listens Smile.

And Potential, please jinx Messi. Please?
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:34 pm

Great moments are born from great opportunity.

And that's what you have here tonight, boys.

That's what you've earned here, tonight.

One game.

If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine.

But not this game. Not tonight.

Tonight, we run with 'em.

Tonight, we stay with 'em, and we shut them down because we can!

Tonight, we are the greatest football team in the world.

You were born to be football players -- every one of ya.

And you were meant to be here tonight.

This is your time.

Their time -- is done... It's over.

I'm sick and tired of hearin' about what a great team Barcelona has.
Screw 'em!

This is your time!!

Now go out there and take it!
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:05 pm

IrasMaldinista wrote:You see Dante, I think parking the bus is a solution, because we've already held Barca using it.

But what you guys say is far too simplistic and idealistic - staying organized in defense and doing well in attack isn't what we should do against Barca, it's what we should do all season.

Fielding the best set of players based on fitness, freshness and mental readiness is really great, but not against Messi. Against this little God you must be more than fit and fresh, you must be up to the job.

I bet a Nesta with appalling condition can do better than a match-fit Yepes, you know, it's the gift we're talking about.

In my opinion, our biggest worry is Van Bommel's absence, as he's become such an orchestrator and literally a shield in front of the defense. He organized us in the best possible way and whenever it was Nesilva's turn, they did their best.

But hell, Ambro can be more industrious and his love for the shirt could make up for absence of VB's intelligent approach. They are more or less as no-nonsense though, I give Ambro that.

I reiterate, we should park the bus, and hope for an Ibra night, even a Boateng night - in other words, a miracle.

Well , i won't disagree , it is a solution . However , this game is in San Siro and we start the game 0-0 . So , parking the bus right away will mean 3 things.

1. We concede their football is better. Let them prove it .
2. With Silva,Abate and Van Bommel off , we will concede anyway,PTB or not
3. We must change the system to park the bus,so no.Did i say no.? f*** no!

Laughing

We can't park the bus . And not because we shouldn't , because we really can't , we aren't adequate enough for this to work like it should. In Camp Noy it was different , we didn't want to win at all costs ; we just wanted to achieve a good result , which it was.And it wasn't exactly parking the bus either..anyway

Let me finish this , we need wingers (Urby and Robinho doesn't count) . Wingers become wingbacks , otherwise you can't make the zones work properly.
Then, can you imagine Ibra running like no tomorrow and
acting defensive-minded for 90minutes?
There's more chance seeing Ibra sit on the bench rather than do that Laughing

Having said all that , if we achieve something positive tomorrow , - let's say god took a 90minute nap and we did it somehow Laughing -
then we should park the bus , no , better park the ship , in Camp Nou..
But only then.

And even though something tells me we will do it at some point tomorrow , it won't be our main plan and it won't be for extended periods .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:06 pm

Parts of Allegri's presser today

"It's difficult for us to play a match in the style of Mourinho's Inter, they were a more physical side," Allegri, whose side host the European champions at San Siro in Wednesday's first leg, told reporters.

"We will face Barcelona with courage, motivation and serenity... We have to try and make as few mistakes as possible and play with an attacking mentality."

Allegri suggested that striker Robinho, who has been out of action for two weeks with an ankle injury, could be fit in time to start the game but said that right back Ignazio Abate - a key player throughout the season - had been ruled out.

"We will have to evaluate the condition of Robinho, but we also have Maxi Lopez and Stephan El Shaarawy," he said.

So Binho might make it depending how he is today. At least we have more then 2 forwards available for this game.
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:14 pm

Im almost sure Binho will play.the question is if Antonin will be available
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:45 pm

antonini has been called up to the team
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:36 pm

Abbiati, Amelia, Antonini, Bonera, De Sciglio, Mesbah, Mexes, Nesta, Zambrotta, Yepes, Ambrosini, Aquilani, Boateng, Emanuelson, Nocerino, Seedorf, El Shaarawy, Ibrahimovic, Maxi Lopez, Robinho.

robinho... banana
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:41 pm

My game plan would be:
Defenders role in defense:
Bonera------Nest----------------Mexes------------Antonini

I would play our back line just as I wrote it, and this indicates the positioning of our FBs, I would like them to position on the same line as the CBs all through the 90 mins. If they move up they should do it with the CBs. No one defender should mark any player, all that is required is clearing without taking any risks, and compacting the penalty zone right from out side the penalty area.

In other words all 4 defenders should play on one line deep, not expanded to the full width of the pitch and right outside the penalty box.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Midfielders role in defense:
Bonera-----------Nest----------------Mexes-----------Antonini
--------Nocerino-------Seedorf/Amro--------Urby-------------

Urby should always create the 2vs1 situation with Antonini, where Seedorf/Ambro should cover the space left by Urby, and Nocerino in that case takes Seedorf/Ambro position.
And the same goes when we are attacked form the right, Nocerino creates the 2vs1 with Bonera, Seedorf/Ambro cover for Noccerino, Urby closes the space left by Seedorf/Ambro.

Simple? I hope so
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bonera-----------Nest----------------Mexes-----------Antonini
-----------------------------------------Boateng-----------------
-----------------Binho--------------------------------------------
Boateng and Binho, Mission one is who ever is close to Xavi should close him down, Or if Messi shifts to the mid to get the ball.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Bonera-----------Nest----------------Mexes-----------Antonini
-----------------------------------------Boateng-----------------
-----------------Binho--------Ibra--------------------------------

I don't expect much defensively from Ibra, just to pressure who ever he feels like. Very Happy , Maybe Pep bounce

baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:44 pm

AC Milan vs FC Barcelona; first leg official thread - Page 3 0b421fbbc900

lol
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next